PDA

View Full Version : P30 Users: What Grip Panel/Backstrap Combination do You Use?

KentF
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I have small hands with short fingers - an adult small glove is too long in the fingers for me- and the first thing I did with my P30 was change the panels & backstrap from medium to small. I'm just curious what others have on their guns.

JV_
03-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Medium Back Strap
Large Sides

Does your large Back Strap stop the mag from dropping free?

KentF
03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I haven't tried the large back strap. I'll put it on and test it tonight.

gtmtnbiker98
03-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Large, all the way around.

Pistol Shooter
03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Medium backstrap and panels work for me. :)

John Ralston
03-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Even with my somewhat small hands, I went with the same setup that ToddG did. Med. Back and RS panel and Lg LS panel. Small everything was too small and I was catching the trigger at my first knuckle joint.

F-Trooper05
03-16-2011, 05:55 PM
All large.

MechEng
03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Medium backstrap & large sides.

KentF
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I've swapped out the left panel for a large. I know have a small back strap, small right panel and large left panel. I shipped my slide to Heinie's today for new sights, so I'll try this set up when I get it back.

@ JV: I'm not sure if not having a slide attached makes any difference, but my mags drop free with large back strap.

JV_
03-16-2011, 07:04 PM
@ JV: I'm not sure if not having a slide attached makes any difference, but my mags drop free with large back strap.Thanks for checking, the slide makes no difference on my gun. I've tried 2 different large backstraps and both make the mags NDF.

LOKNLOD
03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Currently I've got the medium back and large sides installed. I went back and forth about the large back, I liked the slight bit of extra purchase I could get with the heel of my left hand but settled in on the medium back.

Thanks for checking, the slide makes no difference on my gun. I've tried 2 different large backstraps and both make the mags NDF.

That's really odd. I didn't have any issues with the large back and the mags when I was trying it out. I'm having a hard time visualizing how that would affect the mag drop?

JV_
03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
That's really odd. I didn't have any issues with the large back and the mags when I was trying it out. I'm having a hard time visualizing how that would affect the mag drop?When I slide the large one up, it gets pretty snug the last 1/2". That must be pinching the frame inward, somehow.

VolGrad
03-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I have small hands. I love the feel of my Gen4 G19 with no back straps. I also have had a couple of Gen3 GLOCKs reduced and stippled by Ben @ Boresight. That should give you an idea of the size of my hands and what size grip I like.

That being said ... I just bought a P30 today and it has the Medium panels and back on it. It feels amazing. I'll try the Small ones just for kicks but the Medium feel about perfect.

vecdran
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Medium backstrap, large sides.

A lot of us here using this. :rolleyes:

TCinVA
03-17-2011, 07:25 AM
When I slide the large one up, it gets pretty snug the last 1/2". That must be pinching the frame inward, somehow.

Granted I only own two P30s, but that doesn't sound normal at all.

turbolag23
03-17-2011, 07:53 AM
I think I'm going to play with my combo again, try out having one side larger than the other to get my finger position better. For you with smaller right than left panels I'm assuming your right handed correct?

F-Trooper05
03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
I have two P30's and mags get stuck in both of them when I put the large backstraps on. On my main carry gun, exactly five of my ten mags don't eject freely. The other five work just fine. I've had to mark them with a paint pen so I know which ones to carry and which ones to avoid.

JV_
03-19-2011, 05:45 AM
I have two P30's and mags get stuck in both of them when I put the large backstraps on. On my main carry gun, exactly five of my ten mags don't eject freely. The other five work just fine. I've had to mark them with a paint pen so I know which ones to carry and which ones to avoid.

Interesting. Both of my P30s do it with the large backstrap and large or medium sides. All other combinations work fine. I'll try to vary the magazines and see how that changes it.

TC is going to let me try out some of his panels to see if I can further narrow it down.

John Ralston
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I can send you my large backstrap for you to test if would like. It isn't being used.

JV_
03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I can send you my large backstrap for you to test if would like. It isn't being used.Thanks, but I was able to meet up with TC today, I tried his side panels as well as his backstrap. No change in the symptoms.

VolGrad
03-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I have small hands. I love the feel of my Gen4 G19 with no back straps. I also have had a couple of Gen3 GLOCKs reduced and stippled by Ben @ Boresight. That should give you an idea of the size of my hands and what size grip I like.

That being said ... I just bought a P30 today and it has the Medium panels and back on it. It feels amazing. I'll try the Small ones just for kicks but the Medium feel about perfect.

Made it to the range Sunday and shot with all Small for a bit them all Medium. I think the all Small was a bit too small and made the balance of the gun a slight bit awkward. The all Medium felt better but the larger palm swell caused some fatigue in my strong hand. I compromised and ended up with Medium side panels and Small backstrap.

JM Campbell
03-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I was using med back strap, large left, med right. Going to try out in live fire left/right large and small back strap, seems to fit my palm a little better.

TCinVA
03-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Medium backstrap, large side panels.

AHL
03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Still torn between large sides, medium back and large all around. My ideal is probably right in between the two.

gtmtnbiker98
03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
When I slide the large one up, it gets pretty snug the last 1/2". That must be pinching the frame inward, somehow.Sorry for the late response, but I noticed this too on my P30(s) (I have five in total). Out of my sample, I would call it "normal."

JV_
03-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry for the late response, but I noticed this too on my P30(s) (I have five in total). Out of my sample, I would call it "normal."

I'm debating on whether I should send both of them in, one of which is brand new, to fix what seems to be normally broken, at $100 in shipping fees. Or just not worry about it.

At least when my M&Ps broke, they sent call tags.

gtmtnbiker98
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm debating on whether I should send both of them in, one of which is brand new, to fix what seems to be normally broken, at $100 in shipping fees. Or just not worry about it.

At least when my M&Ps broke, they sent call tags.I'm referring to the large backstrap being snug, not any issues with magazine falling free. Nothing is broken on mine and the mags drop free.