PDA

View Full Version : US Optics MCRS

cornstalker
04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
https://www.usoptics.com/product/mcrs-military-competition-reflex-sight/

The specs on this are vague. Does anyone know if it has a glass or polymer lens? Waterproof?

Is it the same size as RMSc or RMS?

Seems to be priced pretty high for a Shield RMS series. Is there something special about it?

El Cid
04-19-2020, 10:22 AM
I’m interested as well.

And who does their web design?? A black optic set against a black background?

GJM
04-19-2020, 11:22 AM
I do not think it is a coincidence that the letters MCRS are RMSC but in a different order.

Mike C
04-19-2020, 12:56 PM
It uses the shield foot print so my best guess is yes same in size. I ordered mine a week ago. It was stated as, "in stock" according to their website at the time. I've since e-mailed them since my orderer is still in pending/processing status. I can compare with photos once I receive it. I hope to have it soon since I received an RMSC that was fricking DOA and Shield does not seem to be responding to e-mails or calls at this time.

randyho
04-19-2020, 01:51 PM
And I am now holding off on having my 43's slide milled.

LittleLebowski
04-19-2020, 04:17 PM
I’d very carefully compare this and its design to high quality red dots from China.

cornstalker
04-19-2020, 04:22 PM
It uses the shield foot print so my best guess is yes same in size. I ordered mine a week ago. It was stated as, "in stock" according to their website at the time. I've since e-mailed them since my orderer is still in pending/processing status. I can compare with photos once I receive it. I hope to have it soon since I received an RMSC that was fricking DOA and Shield does not seem to be responding to e-mails or calls at this time.

Don't the RMS, RMSw, RMSc and Jpoint all have the same footprint, even though they are different sizes?

Mike C
04-19-2020, 04:37 PM
My understanding is yes but can only verify that the RMSw and RMSc do as I actually have them.

I’d very carefully compare this and its design to high quality red dots from China.

Can you further explain? Is that where they are coming from? Local shop who was talking to US Optics about ordering a batch of them told me that Shield was making them for US Optics to their specs. Is this not the case?

HCM
04-19-2020, 05:58 PM
My understanding is yes but can only verify that the RMSw and RMSc do as I actually have them.

Can you further explain? Is that where they are coming from? Local shop who was talking to US Optics about ordering a batch of them told me that Shield was making them for US Optics to their specs. Is this not the case?

I don’t know what’s worse, if it is made in U.K. or made in China.

LittleLebowski
04-19-2020, 06:14 PM

I don’t know. I have heard they were manufacturing in China, but the Shield rumor seems plausible.

Mike C
04-19-2020, 06:14 PM
HCM, I'm with you. But unfortunately no one in the US makes the sight I want or need and while I'd rather support an American company no one here is making what I want, as soon as one does I will gladly start sending money their way. Though at the moment and being left with two shitty options I'd rather support UK over China but now I'm waning and may end up with the Holosun or three as long as I can get support when shit breaks or arrives broken. Me and my crap luck.

LittleLebowski got it thank you.