PDA

View Full Version : CZ P07 single action

Crusader8207
04-16-2020, 12:12 AM
So I have been messing with the CZ P07 with the safety installed to run it single action. While I like shooting it that way, I find the safety to be next to impossible to disengage smoothly and effectively. I searched high and low to find an after market safety lever that offered more surface area. In my search, I found there is none out there. So, I took it upon myself to find a solution. I first tried using JB Weld and a washer but found that that would last about ten draws and activations before it would fall off. I started looking through my box of old gun parts and came across the useless wings from a VP9. I got my trusty file out and filed down the plastic on the safety lever to match the inside profile of the wing. I then used super glue and my soldering iron to melt the plastics together. I think I have found what I was looking for. This being the first one that I have done, I will say it is not the prettiest, but it seems to be very functional.

krav51
04-16-2020, 05:46 AM
This is the only thing stopping me from buying one.Was thinking of buying a safety and trying to drill and tap it for a shelf that i can machine,but i can't find out what material and the dimensions of the safety.I'm concerned if it's a MIM part ,machining it might not work. I think yours look good ergonomically.

camsdaddy
04-16-2020, 06:32 AM
Reminds me of the Shield. I really like the shield and like the fact that a manual safety is an option for holstering. I dont like the fact its melted into the frame. I wish if a company were going to offer a safety that it would be usable much like the M&P.

claymore504
04-16-2020, 09:17 AM
While I love the P07 and run it in the DA/SA set up, I agree that the stock safety is bad. I am suprised there is still not an aftermarket option.

Lost River
04-16-2020, 09:48 AM
First I will state that I am not even slightly familiar with the particular pistol. That said, is 3D printing an option?

TheNewbie
04-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Have you called CZ Custom or Cajun to see if they can do something?

Clusterfrack is, in my opinion, the go to guy on the P-07.

Do you not like the gun in DA/SA?

I carry one as my duty gun in DA/SA.

Redhat
04-16-2020, 11:23 AM

As a duty gun...how'd you work that deal?

How has the finish held up?

TheNewbie
04-16-2020, 11:33 AM
As a duty gun...how'd you work that deal?

How has the finish held up?

Fine. Including getting soaked in a rain storm. They are the only gun I’ve found that I consider to be more boring than Glocks. That’s a good thing in my opinion.

Compared to the guy who carried a S&W 329PD, my P-07 is rather boring. We have a liberal weapons policy, but we are certainly not a tip of the spear agency either.

You can get an ALS holster for the gun. Without that ability, I’m not sure I would carry it.

Redhat
04-16-2020, 11:44 AM
Fine. Including getting soaked in a rain storm. They are the only gun I’ve found that I consider to be more boring than Glocks. That’s a good thing in my opinion.

Compared to the guy who carried a S&W 329PD, my P-07 is rather boring. We have a liberal weapons policy, but we are certainly not a tip of the spear agency either.

You can get an ALS holster for the gun. Without that ability, I’m not sure I would carry it.

I was just getting a feel for mine when all this COVID19 hit. So now I don't know when I'll be able to get back to the indoor range I was using.

It does shoot great though.

Clusterfrack
04-16-2020, 11:54 AM
I’m in the boondocks shooting rifles. Will respond tonight.

Crusader8207
04-16-2020, 03:19 PM

I haven't called either company, but I have been on their websites. Also did some Google searches and saw on a couple of other forums people stating the lack of an aftermarket safety lever.

I do like it in DA/SA but wanted to run it as SA for a little while. It is so easy to switch back and forth. It is not my EDC, I carry a Sig P320 X Compact and use the CZ
as a fun to shoot gun. It also has an RMR on it.

Crusader8207
04-16-2020, 03:29 PM
First I will state that I am not even slightly familiar with the particular pistol. That said, is 3D printing an option?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I am not very familiar with the process and used what I had on hand to make it work for me. Definitely open to other options and ideas.

Clusterfrack
04-16-2020, 04:15 PM
Ok. I'm back home, after a very nice long range rifle session. Crusader8207, that is some serious Bubba-smithing! And I mean that in a good way.

I'm not sure I am going to be much help. I have never installed safeties on any of my CZs, and use them only in DA/SA mode. I do know a bit about polymers and glue, and I'm fairly confident that there's no way you're going to glue an extension to a nylon part and have it hold up long term. Honestly, I think you might be better off with a P-01 or other CZ-75 type gun because of the availability of aftermarket safety levers (https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/safeties/cz-75-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html).

If you're hellbent on an extended safety for the P-07, I think you'll need to buy a OEM safety, grind/melt off the polymer, and attach a metal lever. I think that's doable, assuming you have someone with a machine shop to help.

Mirolynmonbro
04-16-2020, 04:36 PM
I grinded down the right side safety lever and there's some metal if you go down far enough. Possible it's the same way on the left side too. Don't know if that will help with the jb welding

Crusader8207
04-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Clusterfrack Thank you for your input. This really was the first time running it as SA. I do typically run it DA/SA but wanted to change it up a little. :) I appreciate your insight on the other CZ platforms, I will look into those. When the VP9 wing falls off, I will take the lever down to metal. I was considering doing that before I glued the wing onto it. I went looking in my parts drawer to see if I had an old 1911 style safety. I do have a buddy who can help with that, if I decide to go that route. This was really just an experiment to see if it would make a difference or not. :) Thank you again.

Ok. I'm back home, after a very nice long range rifle session. Crusader8207, that is some serious Bubba-smithing! And I mean that in a good way.

I'm not sure I am going to be much help. I have never installed safeties on any of my CZs, and use them only in DA/SA mode. I do know a bit about polymers and glue, and I'm fairly confident that there's no way you're going to glue an extension to a nylon part and have it hold up long term. Honestly, I think you might be better off with a P-01 or other CZ-75 type gun because of the availability of aftermarket safety levers (https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/safeties/cz-75-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html).

If you're hellbent on an extended safety for the P-07, I think you'll need to buy a OEM safety, grind/melt off the polymer, and attach a metal lever. I think that's doable, assuming you have someone with a machine shop to help.