PDA

View Full Version : New products from CHPWS

GJM
04-14-2020, 05:01 PM
I just hung up from speaking with Buck Holly, head dude at CHPWS. They have three very exciting new products, for mounting red dot optics to pistol slides. They are all V4, which reflect the fourth evolution of their product. All three products incorporate their new stainless hardware, with Torx heads, and resistant to over torquing and stripping. They will be making these products for all the pistols they support.

Product 1 is a polymer plate. Buck believes polymer has ideal properties for mitigating force on the red dot optic.

Product 2 is a metal plate.

Product 3 is a polymer plate with a polymer frame that protects the front lens of the optic, by creating offset. When you manipulate the slide by the optic, now the force will be transmitted to the polymer frame and not the front lens. These will be specific to each optic. I hope to have some pictures up soon. Their official launch is tomorrow. I have asked Buck to join this thread to provide additional information.

Grey
04-14-2020, 05:05 PM
That is exciting, thanks for sharing.

The only real info I ever found about CHPWS was some giant derp thread over on AR15.com where arm chair engineers debated the functionality of their plates vs the MOS plates...

Duke
04-14-2020, 05:06 PM
Buck may or may not have one of my guns doing a new plate design

Pretty juiced about it

Grey
04-14-2020, 05:09 PM

Pretty juiced about it

They mill your gun? Which gun...?

GJM
04-14-2020, 05:11 PM
Those of us shooting pistols with frame mounted red dot optics know that the mounting plates and hardware are critical parts of the system, and frankly plates and hardware have received insufficient attention with their design. It is very exciting to see a company focus on these — really looking forward to hearing Buck elaborate on these new products!

Duke
04-14-2020, 05:16 PM
They mill your gun? Which gun...?

It’s an optic ready piece with a subpar oem plate design.

To that Buck seems the consummate professional and promptly said “send it to me and we’ll get it done”.

Grey
04-14-2020, 05:19 PM
It’s an optic ready piece with a subpar oem plate design.

To that Buck seems the consummate professional and promptly said “send it to me and we’ll get it done”.

Gotcha, I was wondering if they were taking on milling guns for optic plates now. Excited to hear your thoughts after you light some matches, split some cards, and do wheelies on your 4 wheeler!

CH Precision Weapons
04-14-2020, 05:31 PM

Pretty juiced about it

#boom (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=boom)

GJM
04-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Some photos:

CH Precision Weapons
04-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Some photos:

CH Precision Weapons
04-14-2020, 05:54 PM
That is exciting, thanks for sharing.

The only real info I ever found about CHPWS was some giant derp thread over on AR15.com where arm chair engineers debated the functionality of their plates vs the MOS plates...

And this is the main reason we at CHPWS don't do Forums. However, This time we were asked to participate and the first interaction was great. I pray this is the norm. We can deal with rational people that do real things.

HeavyDuty
04-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Thanks for boosting visibility on this - I posted in the big thread, more people will see it here. I think a Defender for RMR is in my future...

CH Precision Weapons
04-14-2020, 05:56 PM
This is how novice we are to Forums. We don't even know how to reply, answer or comment.

Buck

HeavyDuty
04-14-2020, 05:57 PM
Is it just me, or are these thinner (lower profile) than the V3?

CH Precision Weapons
04-14-2020, 07:24 PM
I just hung up from speaking with Buck Holly, head dude at CHPWS. They have three very exciting new products, for mounting red dot optics to pistol slides. They are all V4, which reflect the fourth evolution of their product. All three products incorporate their new stainless hardware, with Torx heads, and resistant to over torquing and stripping. They will be making these products for all the pistols they support.

Product 1 is a polymer plate. Buck believes polymer has ideal properties for mitigating force on the red dot optic.

Product 2 is a metal plate.

Product 3 is a polymer plate with a polymer frame that protects the front lens of the optic, by creating offset. When you manipulate the slide by the optic, now the force will be transmitted to the polymer frame and not the front lens. These will be specific to each optic. I hope to have some pictures up soon. Their official launch is tomorrow. I have asked Buck to join this thread to provide additional information.

This is a fantastic way to start a post and a relationship. Thanks for the support.

BH

Gio
04-14-2020, 10:39 PM
I can’t wrap my mind around how a polymer plate is going to hold up over time to heat and recoil. I’m sure it works fine for racking the slide off it, but let’s be honest, that need exists primarily in tactical fantasy camp. I like the concept of the steel T-posts, but I think I’d be more comfortable with an all steel design like the FCD plate.

I have a CH V3 plate now, and while I’m happy with it, I think the same exact design in a steel version would have been ideal.

Trukinjp13
04-15-2020, 06:45 AM
Very interested in this. Polymers can be incredibly strong and also aid in heat transfer. They act as much less of a heat sink. I like the guard for the front of the optic as well. I can see a argument on how this might be a epic failure. But it is all in production and material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CH Precision Weapons
04-15-2020, 06:53 AM
We have maintained an aluminum version for people that desire the benefits of metal parts. The Polymer version has proven incredibly durable and has benefits as well.

More to come.

LittleLebowski
04-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Really cool thread. FB has been insisting that I “might know” Buck, maybe this is why :D

LittleLebowski
04-15-2020, 07:25 AM
And this is the main reason we at CHPWS don't do Forums. However, This time we were asked to participate and the first interaction was great. I pray this is the norm. We can deal with rational people that do real things.

That’s how we roll at this forum. Holler if you need anything.

GJM
04-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Buck from CH Precision Weapons was on “moderated” status, due to being a new member, and unfortunately I didn’t realize it until just now. I could see his posts but they didn’t show in his thread. Will work to get that quickly changed so he can post without me having to approve each of his posts.

CH Precision Weapons
04-15-2020, 07:30 AM
I can’t wrap my mind around how a polymer plate is going to hold up over time to heat and recoil. I’m sure it works fine for racking the slide off it, but let’s be honest, that need exists primarily in tactical fantasy camp. I like the concept of the steel T-posts, but I think I’d be more comfortable with an all steel design like the FCD plate.

I have a CH V3 plate now, and while I’m happy with it, I think the same exact design in a steel version would have been ideal.

All good Points. We have maintained the Aluminum version specifically for MIL/LEO applications or for shooters that have more confidence in a metal plate. Whether it's steel or aluminum isn't much or any difference, it's the mounting hardware that's critical.

The Polymer versions were developed for three reasons:
1. Hit a price point on the Recce Version for people that would otherwise run an OEM plate but want something better.
2. We can make shapes that are not able to be machined as in the Defender.
3. The polymer transfers less shock to the RDS and until we know more, it could lead to longer life cycles of an RDS is a very harsh environment.

Could it be an epic failure - Of Course but we're learning things everyday and pushing the bounds of science in an effort to deliver better products for shooters and make red dots more durable.

#boom

CH Precision Weapons
04-15-2020, 07:33 AM
Buck from CH Precision Weapons was on “moderated” status, due to being a new member, and unfortunately I didn’t realize it until just now. I could see his posts but they didn’t show in his thread. Will work to get that quickly changed so he can post without me having to approve each of his posts.

Thanks!

We've never been heavily involved in forums due to time constraints and some negative experiences in the past.

I see this forum is much better suited to passing info and honest discussions.

#boom

miller_man
04-15-2020, 07:55 AM
All good Points. We have maintained the Aluminum version specifically for MIL/LEO applications or for shooters that have more confidence in a metal plate. Whether it's steel or aluminum isn't much or any difference, it's the mounting hardware that's critical.

1. Hit a price point on the Recce Version for people that would otherwise run an OEM plate but want something better.
3. The polymer transfers less shock to the RDS and until we know more, it could lead to longer life cycles of an RDS is a very harsh environment.

Could it be an epic failure - Of Course but we're learning things everyday and pushing the bounds of science in an effort to deliver better products for shooters and make red dots more durable.

#boom

This sounds great, really good response. Look forward to all this hitting the market and being tested and vetted. I have gone with all direct mill so far but could see being tempted to try an optic ready pistol for once.

HeavyDuty
04-15-2020, 08:52 AM
Good to see you here, Buck! I like your products, and am happy to see your company pushing the boundaries a little. I really do like the concept of the Defender plate, and am very likely to replace my V3 with one. Will the trade-in promotion kick off today, too?

Paul D
04-15-2020, 09:24 AM
I normally replace the screws that mount the RDS to the plate every time I change the battery on my RMRs. Do you sell replacement screws or are they readily available elsewhere? Is replacing screws with re-mounting even necessary with your new plates? Thanks for a very attractive product.

Grey
04-15-2020, 09:26 AM
CHPWS did an IG live thing detsiling the v4, didnt see it, just saw a note from a repost from Jedi.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Gio
04-15-2020, 09:41 AM

#boom

Thanks for the reply! As I’ve expressed here in previous threads, I’ve been thrilled with the V3 plate and have seen a tremendous advantage over the stock MOS plates, so I’m interested to give some of these a try. I’ve even seen a potential accuracy improvement over stock plates as described here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?

I know you’ve had contact with some others from my agency in the Virginia area, but I am local to you in Savannah and I believe we even shoot at the same club near Richmond Hill, so I’d like to introduce myself some time in person.

Thanks!

CH Precision Weapons
04-15-2020, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the reply! As I’ve expressed here in previous threads, I’ve been thrilled with the V3 plate and have seen a tremendous advantage over the stock MOS plates, so I’m interested to give some of these a try. I’ve even seen a potential accuracy improvement over stock plates as described here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?

I know you’ve had contact with some others from my agency in the Virginia area, but I am local to you in Savannah and I believe we even shoot at the same club near Richmond Hill, so I’d like to introduce myself some time in person.

Thanks!

You are always welcome to come by the shop and check things out. Door is always open to like minded people that do real stuff.

Buck

CH Precision Weapons
04-15-2020, 09:58 AM
I normally replace the screws that mount the RDS to the plate every time I change the battery on my RMRs. Do you sell replacement screws or are they readily available elsewhere? Is replacing screws with re-mounting even necessary with your new plates? Thanks for a very attractive product.

We do sell extra screws and we too encourage people to change the $2 worth of screws along with the $2 battery every year. Small price to pay for confidence in your configuration.

frozentundra
04-15-2020, 11:10 AM
I can’t wrap my mind around how a polymer plate is going to hold up over time to heat and recoil............

As I first read this, I started off thinking 'this is exactly my intuition'! Then I thought 'wait....all my guns are made out of polymer and it's what is ultimately responsible for holding the heavy-ass slide on the gun.'

I imagine this is what everybody thought about polymer use in pistol frames to begin with. Perhaps the correct polymer application may be equally as useful for mounting the relatively lighter-weight RDS to the slide? I'm glad someone is working to find out.

For the record, I'm not trying to be critical, or dickish, I just thought it was quite humorous how my mind tried to wrap itself around this concept. Was trying to convey light-hearted tone and not sarcasm.

CH Precision Weapons
04-16-2020, 10:28 AM
If you're following this thread and you know me / us here at C&H, we pull no punches - Good or Bad. In the past week we've been notified by three different respected V4 Defender Testers that they broke the window frame off the Optic Mount. One guy send a video and said "Oh! There is a failure. Cut the camera off". Two others send a message saying "Broke it".

Here are the facts so you can decide for yourselves:

1. They were all doing things to their pistol that you typically wouldn't do or shouldn't do to their pistol mounted optic on purpose, however, for T&E we expect it and asked them to do it
2. The Defender did its job. It took the blow or blows, protected the optic until IT broke / failed so that the optic wouldn't break or fail.
3. They retained zero even after being beat on, abused or dropped.
3. The price of a Defender has a built in lifetime warranty. You break it, we replace it. This is what I want to do in order to set us apart from others. Why do people love Vortex Optics so much? It's not that they are heads above everyone else in quality, but they have an amazing warranty.

So, is the Defender Design perfect right now - No, absolutely not.

But, Are we already making improvements - We are always making improvements and pushing the boundaries of new and innovative ideas. If we didn't have this mindset, we weren't we'd still be trying to pimp out crappy V1 plates....

Vr

Buck

Welcome to the #boomsquad (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=boomsquad) !🇺🇸

ldunnmobile
04-16-2020, 11:45 AM
Good post. I like the transparency and will be ordering.

theJanitor
04-16-2020, 12:15 PM
I don't even have a MOS glock, but talking with a couple members about the CHPWS plates, and I'm leaning toward ordering a 19.5 just to use the plate

HeavyDuty
04-16-2020, 03:22 PM
I was going to wait for the trade in program, but I think instead I’ll order a Defender now and hang on to my V3 for the moment. I think it will make it a lot harder to smudge the front of the lens.

Supercruise
04-16-2020, 04:29 PM
The surface finish on the plates makes me think CHPWS is 3D printing these; any chance these are off of an HP Multijet fusion machine? If so, the materials that those machines run, Nylon PA11/12/12 with glass beads, would be a pretty good fit for this application IMO. These materials have a good blend of stiffness, impact resistance, and heat deflection temperature. Also, 3D printing these would allow CHPWS to quickly iterate and adapt the design if field issues are reported (or new pistol RDS are developed).

I've gotten several test parts from Multijet fusion machines at work, and used them in functional prototyping; I've been very impressed with their durability. I hope CHPWS makes one of these that fits the upcoming Holosun 407K.

CH Precision Weapons
04-16-2020, 05:45 PM
The surface finish on the plates makes me think CHPWS is 3D printing these; any chance these are off of an HP Multijet fusion machine? If so, the materials that those machines run, Nylon PA11/12/12 with glass beads, would be a pretty good fit for this application IMO. These materials have a good blend of stiffness, impact resistance, and heat deflection temperature. Also, 3D printing these would allow CHPWS to quickly iterate and adapt the design if field issues are reported (or new pistol RDS are developed).

I've gotten several test parts from Multijet fusion machines at work, and used them in functional prototyping; I've been very impressed with their durability. I hope CHPWS makes one of these that fits the upcoming Holosun 407K.

There is a 407K sitting on my desk right now. An it's not on a pistol, but it will be shortly....

js475
04-17-2020, 11:26 AM
I'm shopping for a new Glock and debating between getting a standard model and getting it milled vs going with the MOS + CHPWS plate. How do these plates compare in terms of durability to a direct milled slide or other modular plate systems like the Agency AOS? I realize direct milled will probably be stronger, but I want to know if that difference will actually be noticeable.

Gio
04-17-2020, 11:47 AM
I'm shopping for a new Glock and debating between getting a standard model and getting it milled vs going with the MOS + CHPWS plate. How do these plates compare in terms of durability to a direct milled slide or other modular plate systems like the Agency AOS? I realize direct milled will probably be stronger, but I want to know if that difference will actually be noticeable.

Previously I would have recommended a direct mill, but I have not found a downside to using an aftermarket plate like C&H or FCD other than needing slightly taller co-witness sights. The advantage is you will be able to update to different optic footprints over time as the industry either adopts a standard or a new/better optic comes out.

CH Precision Weapons
04-17-2020, 11:59 AM

Until recently, the Direct Milled path was always best. The MOS Plates give you the flexibility to move to a new optic system in the future which is good. The new V4 Defender gives you and your optic a level of protection never seen before in the Red Dot industry.

Regardless who's plate you use (I vote for the CHPWS ones) you're much better off then with the OEM ones. It's not a matter of if your red dot will come off but when and you don't want to wear an eye patch for the rest of you life.

Buck

Tokarev
04-19-2020, 03:20 PM
Hilton Yam weighs in:

https://youtu.be/0OoPGIUhCXs

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

CH Precision Weapons
04-20-2020, 05:27 PM
As a follow up to Hilton’s Video from yesterday.

The V4 Defender gives you protection that’s never been offered in the past for a pistol mounted red dot.

Our patent pending T-Nuts give you the thread engagement required by engineering best practices to retain a screw in a threaded hole.

Red Dot Retention on a slide and maintaining/retaining zero is all about thread engagement and far less about the material you pick for an adapter plate.

https://youtu.be/7oYJcxJOuIY

Xhado
04-20-2020, 06:02 PM
The V4 Defender gives you protection that’s never been offered in the past for a pistol mounted red dot.

WAR's RMR guards have been out for a while.

https://weaponsarmamentresearch.com/rmr-guards/

ranger
04-20-2020, 07:14 PM
CH - glad you joined the forum. I am originally from Savannah and visit family there and shoot at the Richmond Hill club with my best friend while there. Hope to drop by your shop soon and say hello.

CH Precision Weapons
04-21-2020, 04:38 PM
CH - glad you joined the forum. I am originally from Savannah and visit family there and shoot at the Richmond Hill club with my best friend while there. Hope to drop by your shop soon and say hello.

We would love to host you for a visit, a lunch and maybe a beer.

I can honestly say, this forum has changed my mind about forums. Every Single person here is respectful and honest.

Welcome to the #boomsquad (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=boomsquad) !🇺🇸

Buck

CH Precision Weapons
04-21-2020, 04:45 PM
WAR's RMR guards have been out for a while.

https://weaponsarmamentresearch.com/rmr-guards/

Cool. Maybe we'll see one in the wild one day.

HeavyDuty
04-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Cool. Maybe we'll see one in the wild one day.

Well played...

Paul D
04-21-2020, 05:37 PM
Are the T-screw mounts user replaceable or does the plate has to go back the factory for replacement? Also where on your site do I find the screws and T-mounts to put in the cart?

CH Precision Weapons
04-21-2020, 07:32 PM
Are the T-screw mounts user replaceable or does the plate has to go back the factory for replacement? Also where on your site do I find the screws and T-mounts to put in the cart?

They are press fit in by hand by the user. No need to send the plate back.

Buck

noguns
05-23-2020, 07:47 AM
Does the defender sit just flush with the top of an optic? Or does it protrude just a hair. Not long ago subjected my 508t to an unplanned drop test directly on my soar pane. I wondered if I bought am aluminum model if the result would have been different.

I want to try a 407 and this might fit the bill for me. Thanks

HCountyGuy
06-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Working on installing my Holosun 507C-V2 on to my 19.5 MOS. The screws that came in the "Holo" bag turned out to be too short, but the RMR screws seem to be just fine. Waiting on the VC3 to dry as I type this.

texasaggie2005
06-26-2020, 08:07 AM
I haven't watched this yet, but it popped up on my recommended list last night.

https://youtu.be/3Af82CADzeE

1Rangemaster
06-26-2020, 10:36 AM
I skimmed the video FWIW. He drops his units repeatedly, and I get it’s his schtick, but sheesh...

I’ve had a C&H “Defender” plate/RMR2 for a couple of weeks on a dept. gun. VERY impressed with the the thinking that seemed to go into it. Only a few hundred rounds on the combo, and I didn’t throw it against the indoor range concrete-so far so good. I’ll continue to run it and report any issues. In my opinion, it’s a reasonable choice for carry and compliments/protects the RMR, especially the forward face of the lens.

Whirlwind06
07-06-2020, 12:20 PM
I put the defender on my G34.5. 2 matches and couple range trips so far is been great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kyle Reese
07-25-2020, 05:55 PM
I’ve purchased two V4 MIL/LEO plates from CHPWS for the Holosun family and I could not be more pleased. To say that they’re a massive improvement over the clunky OEM MOS plate would be an understatement.

HeavyDuty
08-16-2020, 01:56 PM
Any updates from people using the V4 Defender? I really like the idea of the forward lens protection. I’d be replacing a V3 plate that has been good on my 19.5.

DaBigBR
08-20-2020, 01:52 PM
My sample size is two: first one (mine) went on great. Second one (buddy's) came with one screw that was defective and would not thread. Total freak thing completely out of C&He's control. He chose to just use different screws and did not involve C&H. I believe the failure was with one of the screws that mounts the optic to the plate. The factory MOS ones worked in their place.

I did, however, recently receive an M&P CORE 2.0 plate. The screw holes were out of spec (these are just pass-through, non-threaded holes) and would not accommodate a screw of the right dimension to thread into the slide. I emailed C&H inquiring if they would like to exchange it or if I should just drill them out. They said they would send me a replacement and a label to return the defective plate. I received the replacement plate and it was the same thing with the holes bored out (obvious because of unfinished surface). I would have rather been given the option to fix it myself and not be out the gun for several days but they did handle it.

GJM
08-20-2020, 06:08 PM
My sample size is two: first one (mine) went on great. Second one (buddy's) came with one screw that was defective and would not thread. Total freak thing completely out of C&He's control. He chose to just use different screws and did not involve C&H. I believe the failure was with one of the screws that mounts the optic to the plate. The factory MOS ones worked in their place.

I did, however, recently receive an M&P CORE 2.0 plate. The screw holes were out of spec (these are just pass-through, non-threaded holes) and would not accommodate a screw of the right dimension to thread into the slide. I emailed C&H inquiring if they would like to exchange it or if I should just drill them out. They said they would send me a replacement and a label to return the defective plate. I received the replacement plate and it was the same thing with the holes bored out (obvious because of unfinished surface). I would have rather been given the option to fix it myself and not be out the gun for several days but they did handle it.

Out of curiosity, when did you receive your original plate? The reason I ask, is that I have one in the mail on the way from them now.

breakingtime91
08-20-2020, 06:39 PM
I have the plate with a front lense shroud on a gen 5 glock 17 with a 407c, awesome product and will be buying more.

DaBigBR
08-20-2020, 07:40 PM
Out of curiosity, when did you receive your original plate? The reason I ask, is that I have one in the mail on the way from them now.

August 9th. The replacement went out 8/11.

GJM
08-20-2020, 08:05 PM
August 9th. The replacement went out 8/11.

My Core plate should be here Friday or Monday, so I guess I will know soon enough.

JM Campbell
08-21-2020, 06:24 AM
My Core plate should be here Friday or Monday, so I guess I will know soon enough.

Just got mine for v1 and 2.0

2.0 on the left, v1 on the right. Noticeably larger holes on the 2.0 that were enlarged after surface finish. I have not mounted either yet but will probably get to it this weekend sometime.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200821/b7140cbe0b965d97008d17618b4d06a4.jpg

HeavyDuty
09-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Bravo to Buck for having a MOS plate for the new RMRcc in the works already: https://chpws.com/product/glock-mos-v4-mil-leo-to-trijicon-rmrcc

HeavyDuty
09-04-2020, 08:55 AM
And now a shim plate for the new slimline MOS Glocks to take a Holosun 407k/507k without modification while keeping the factory iron sights usable... https://chpws.com/product/glock-43x-48-mos-to-holosun-407k-507k-adapter-plate

GJM
09-04-2020, 09:38 AM
And now a shim plate for the new slimline MOS Glocks to take a Holosun 407k/507k without modification while keeping the factory iron sights usable... https://chpws.com/product/glock-43x-48-mos-to-holosun-407k-507k-adapter-plate

Awesome development. Someone in Austria should send Buck a case of Budweiser for solving this, and turning lemons into lemonade.

CWE
09-05-2020, 04:09 PM
So, if someone has a G48 MOS and wants to run a 407k/507k with the CHPWS plate, what size sights should they buy? I'm waiting on a 407/507k to come in and I'd like to order sights in the meantime. I would like just black front and rear steel sights, but Im not sure which ones to get to be able to see the sights in the bottom of the optic.

thanks

Xhado
09-05-2020, 08:22 PM
So, if someone has a G48 MOS and wants to run a 407k/507k with the CHPWS plate, what size sights should they buy? I'm waiting on a 407/507k to come in and I'd like to order sights in the meantime. I would like just black front and rear steel sights, but Im not sure which ones to get to be able to see the sights in the bottom of the optic.

thanks

Stock Glock sights work

Front sight is .165" and rear is 6.5mm (.256")

CWE
09-06-2020, 10:06 AM
Stock Glock sights work

Front sight is .165" and rear is 6.5mm (.256")

Thanks.

My G48 MOS (plastic sights) rear sight is .256, but my front measures .190

That's why I was wondering what sights might work with this. I was originally going to order the Ameriglo Defoor sights, but I think they might be too short to work with this plate/optic combo.

Xhado
09-06-2020, 07:02 PM
Thanks.

My G48 MOS (plastic sights) rear sight is .256, but my front measures .190

That's why I was wondering what sights might work with this. I was originally going to order the Ameriglo Defoor sights, but I think they might be too short to work with this plate/optic combo.

Rear sight is what matters, it's what clears the rear of the optic.

Front sight changes the sight hold and is depending on barrel length, ammo and zero distance.

If you're looking for some more specific details, they you should ask CHPWS. The product was only announced two days ago which means no one has one other than CHPWS.

HeavyDuty
09-15-2020, 01:41 PM
I wanted to shout out to Beau for some great customer service today. He took care of me on something that was wholly my own fault, this is the kind of behavior that makes CHPWS one of my go-to vendors.

HCountyGuy
09-18-2020, 07:47 AM
Do want!

GJM
09-18-2020, 09:07 AM
Do want!

Wonder if they will offset the rear blade slightly right. :p

HCountyGuy
11-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Has anybody else running a CHPWS plate noticed something like this?

I haven’t put many live rounds through my 19MOS but yesterday was looking it over and noticed a the smallish gap near the rear. Hasn’t affected zero, plate nor optic moves but it just caught my attention as something to keep an eye on.

David S.
11-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Has anybody else running a CHPWS plate noticed something like this?

I haven’t put many live rounds through my 19MOS but yesterday was looking it over and noticed a the smallish gap near the rear. Hasn’t affected zero, plate nor optic moves but it just caught my attention as something to keep an eye on.

Send them the pic, I'm quite sure they'll be helpful.

Whirlwind06
11-25-2020, 08:40 AM
Pretty sure you over tightened the screws. I was replacing the screws on mine and using a 10 pound toque wrench mine did the same thing. I backed off the screws a bit.

HCountyGuy
11-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Admittance of stupidity:

So when I originally put the optic on, I was having trouble getting the provided Holosun screws to begin threading in to the posts (I put just a tiny bit too much VC3 on) so in my own stupidity used the Trijicon screws which are a touch longer and as such they pushed against the slide causing that gap. Would've known that had I dry-fit my stuff like Buck recommends in their video. Going back and doing a proper dry-fit I discovered my issue, managed to get the appropriate Holosun screws to thread this go-round and everything is snug with no gaps.

So anyway, I r dum.

stomridertx
03-30-2021, 01:31 PM
Has the V4 MIL/LEO MOS RMR Plate been discontinued? The defender plates are optic specific and I'm evaluating a Swampfox Liberty right now, and wanted to try a better MOS plate.

CH Precision Weapons
03-30-2021, 02:10 PM
Has the V4 MIL/LEO MOS RMR Plate been discontinued? The defender plates are optic specific and I'm evaluating a Swampfox Liberty right now, and wanted to try a better MOS plate.

The plate you are searching for is the GL-RSH. (GLOCK MOS for RMR / SRO / Holosun 407c 507c 508T)

Buck

stomridertx
03-30-2021, 02:24 PM
The plate you are searching for is the GL-RSH. (GLOCK MOS for RMR / SRO / Holosun 407c 507c 508T)

Buck

Thank you for the response. Currently, if I search for that SKU on your website I get no results. I can't seem to find it by going through the menu options either. The only V4 MOS plates that show up are for the Fastfire, DPP, Romeo1, and Vortex Venom. The only RMR footprint versions that come up are the defender V4 and the RSF plates.

*Edit: I can find it with a pure google search, and I figured out if I click on the HOLOSUN 407/507/508 option in the menu I can see it there as well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.