PDA

View Full Version : S&W lock "plug"... seller gone crazy?

JodyH
04-14-2020, 11:17 AM
I've purchased 3 or 4 of the Original Precision S&W lock delete plugs over the years and they worked perfectly.
I recently went to purchase another one for my L frame and... https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-parts.html ... it looks like the guy who makes them had the cheese slide off of his cracker.
After reading the craziness on his website there no way in hell I'm sending him any money until maybe someone on here has bought from him recently with no issues speaks up or someone can point me to another option that doesn't come with a free roll of tinfoil in every order.

randyho
04-14-2020, 11:40 AM
'bout tyme someone done sumthin'

Vista461
04-14-2020, 11:42 AM
I've purchased 3 or 4 of the Original Precision S&W lock delete plugs over the years and they worked perfectly.
I recently went to purchase another one for my L frame and... https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-parts.html ... it looks like the guy who makes them had the cheese slide off of his cracker.
After reading the craziness on his website there no way in hell I'm sending him any money until maybe someone on here has bought from him recently with no issues speaks up or someone can point me to another option that doesn't come with a free roll of tinfoil in every order.

I saw that today while looking to see availability and price of a plug.
Between the crazy and the 2001 DIY freebie template style site, it did not inspire confidence.

SCCY Marshal
04-14-2020, 11:45 AM
...https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-parts.html ... it looks like the guy who makes them had the cheese slide off of his cracker...

I haven't seen such beautiful unhinged website ranting in years. Highly recommended for anyone wishing Dr. Bronner's castile soap bottles were a more profane and secular bit of water closet reading.

Just remembered this Dr. Bronner's video bit: https://youtu.be/wHJfe4SDXFo

Zeke38
04-14-2020, 11:56 AM
I use his plugs and they work well. He makes a precision product. Personally I'm tired of all the retired Marine and other military officers that I know who are lefties in their world view. China is out for world domination.

rd62
04-14-2020, 12:05 PM
Jeez... you can smell the bat shit through the screen!

okie john
04-14-2020, 12:07 PM
I haven't seen such beautiful unhinged website ranting in years.

He doesn't realize that the people he's talking about rarely visit his site and wouldn't care even if they did. Unfortunately, he's probably fucked and just doesn't realize it.

Okie John

Baldanders
04-14-2020, 12:24 PM
"Been like a monkey fukin a football"

What?

fatdog
04-14-2020, 12:37 PM
Been at least 5-6 years since I bought one, but the last ones I bought were from this guy, don't have a phone number...

sighttool@gmail.com
Ed Jennings
1213 15th St
Pleasant Grove AL 35127

For years I bought them from a guy named John Witt in WV, but he just suddenly disappeared and would not respond to calls or emails.

snow white
04-14-2020, 12:51 PM
I actually just baught one for my 638. It was shipped almost immediately, no problems at all.

SCCY Marshal
04-14-2020, 01:04 PM
I had to archive this site for posterity:

http://web.archive.org/web/20200414180109/https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-parts.html

Doublestack45
04-14-2020, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=SCCY Marshal;1029152]I haven't seen such beautiful unhinged website ranting in years. Highly recommended for anyone wishing Dr. Bronner's castile soap bottles were a more profane and secular bit of water closet reading.

Just remembered this Dr. Bronner's video bit: https:/ (https://youtu.be/wHJfe4SDXFo)

Baldanders
04-14-2020, 01:33 PM
Obiviously, commie hackers are impeding this site's war on communism via the dastardly mechanism of removing random end letters of words and putting in random periods as well.

Therefor.

I declar my unity with this patriot against commie infiltrators jackin up my cel phone bill!

Spread the Pure Freedom info!

I wonder what liquor it's gonna take to inimitate this guy's style at length in my "apocalypse" thread? I guess I could go irritate the neighbor's horses until they kick me in the head.

JodyH
04-14-2020, 01:35 PM
I actually just baught one for my 638. It was shipped almost immediately, no problems at all.
Good to hear.
How did you place your order?

Someone needs to tell the dude that unhinged rants on his website are not helping sales.

randyho
04-14-2020, 01:38 PM
On the first trip, I neglected to explore "paper-wars." I highly recommend it.

Imagine a magical laptop with a breathalyzer that only let you post things to the internet when you were black out/time travel drunk?

MolonLabe416
04-14-2020, 01:42 PM
I purchased a couple of months ago. Same quality product and prompt shipping.

snow white
04-14-2020, 01:47 PM
Good to hear.
How did you place your order?

Someone needs to tell the dude that unhinged rants on his website are not helping sales.
I paid with a card. No issue other than I baught the k frame slug and not j frame because I was not paying attention when I added to my cart.

Paul D
04-14-2020, 02:04 PM

Did you call him or email? I didn't see any online ordering queue. Looks like he lives in Queen Creek. Maybe something in the water.

Shoresy
04-14-2020, 02:14 PM
On the first trip, I neglected to explore "paper-wars." I highly recommend it.

Imagine a magical laptop with a breathalyzer that only let you post things to the internet when you were black out/time travel drunk?

I kept a straight face up until "FUCK A PIRATE ARRGGG" (for those who haven't had the pleasure of visiting that's a direct quote)

archer276
04-14-2020, 02:19 PM
I ordered direct from the website a few weeks ago and had zero issues at all.

Duelist
04-14-2020, 02:23 PM
Did you call him or email? I didn't see any online ordering queue. Looks like he lives in Queen Creek. Maybe something in the water.

Hey, now! I got a lot of family in Queen Creek.

Maybe I should warn them about the water. Or this guy.

Duelist
04-14-2020, 02:31 PM
So... you think he got hacked?

randyho
04-14-2020, 02:46 PM
So... you think he got hacked?Too much nuance in the writing. No way.

Accept it for what it is. It's a delicious myspace flashback.

Baldanders
04-14-2020, 02:52 PM
Too much nuance in the writing. No way.

Accept it for what it is. It's a delicious myspace flashback.

With a bit of work, maybe he can hit this level of awesome.

http://www.heavensgate.com/

HeavyDuty
04-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Been at least 5-6 years since I bought one, but the last ones I bought were from this guy, don't have a phone number...

sighttool@gmail.com
Ed Jennings
1213 15th St
Pleasant Grove AL 35127

For years I bought them from a guy named John Witt in WV, but he just suddenly disappeared and would not respond to calls or emails.

Jennings is who I’ve used twice now. Quality, and fast.

entropy
04-14-2020, 05:14 PM
Holy crap. That was like a printed version of an old Jerry Springer show...

Trooper224
04-14-2020, 05:44 PM
My God, that page is a hot mess.

mmc45414
04-14-2020, 08:38 PM
I need a phone interlock of some type also, in the past I have left some interesting voicemails... :cool:

Rick R
04-14-2020, 08:48 PM
I thought the moonclip tool was pretty neat.
Then got to the handwritten affidavit on the paper wars page.
Nope
Nope
Nope...

Sal Picante
04-14-2020, 09:25 PM
I haven't seen such beautiful unhinged website ranting in years. Highly recommended for anyone wishing Dr. Bronner's castile soap bottles were a more profane and secular bit of water closet reading.

Just remembered this Dr. Bronner's video bit: https://youtu.be/wHJfe4SDXFo

No homo, but, I love that lavender soap...

SCCY Marshal
04-14-2020, 09:48 PM

Rode a 100 mile charity bicycle event and one of the final rest stops had three tubs of facecloths soaking in ice water. One with rose petals floating in, one with spearmint leaves, and one with fresh lavender. I opted for the lavender and it was blissful relief from a summer day doing cardio on pavement.

And I like the plain castile soap for camping. Old algebra teacher diluted the peppermint to spritz on his serano plants in his jihad against mites.

Michpatriot
04-14-2020, 09:56 PM
The turn around a month ago was lightning fast and I had no problems with the payment process..my 329PD has not shaken it loose and I'm a happy camper. Ill buy from him again.

Cookie Monster
04-14-2020, 10:00 PM

Lavender is the shit, my go to before Tea Tree.

My wife thought the scents were too much and now I am stuck in unscented hell. I buy the shit by the gallon!

RevolverRob
04-14-2020, 10:32 PM
Are we seriously discussing the finer points of lavender, peppermint, and spearmint on P-F now?

Look, I’m just going to follow the advice of the Lotions and Oils SME Aray

Dave T
04-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Well, you have to admit his site is colorful. (lol)

Dave

Sal Picante
04-14-2020, 11:54 PM
Well, you have to admit his site is colorful. (lol)

Dave

I thought I saw some lavender text...
:rolleyes:

Rosco Benson
04-15-2020, 08:20 AM

Dr. Bronner's peppermint for me. It's got a tingle that is very refreshing, especially if you're really crusty dirty.

Rosco

MGW
04-15-2020, 09:00 AM
I think he forgot to wear a face mask while machining that titanium.

Norville
04-15-2020, 09:24 AM
OK, that made me laugh out loud reading the rants and speeeling errors.

I think I’m going to order a couple of plugs just because ‘Merica and stuff.

SCCY Marshal
04-15-2020, 10:48 AM
OK, that made me laugh out loud reading the rants and speeeling errors.

I think I’m going to order a couple of plugs just because ‘Merica and stuff.

Exactly! I might even order something even though I refuse to buy an abscessed S&W frame.

Wingate's Hairbrush
04-15-2020, 11:53 AM
In the "Ahrends Grips declaring bankruptcy" thread at S&W Forum he posted a long rant about how he could help bring Ahrends back and also being in a lawsuit/business battle with his mom. So, yeah, there's that.

Glad he's shipping his product problem-free, but staying off crazy radar is mission priority here. Crazy can turn fast. And unpredictably. It's, eh, crazy.

Seriously, though -- something's wrong and I hope he's okay.

Seven_Sicks_Two
04-15-2020, 12:06 PM
I mean, this kinda strikes me as run-of-the-mill gun community crazy. Remember a few years back when all the Coast to Coast AM listeners were freaking out about FEMA Death Camps, "gubmint buyin' all the ammo", Jade Helm, etc.?

These days, they've just moved on to Q Anon, Pizzagate, the "Deep State", and Epstein/Covid conspiracy theories.

That website sure is hard to look at though.

Poconnor
04-15-2020, 02:37 PM
That site is a whole lot of crazy. WTF

JodyH
04-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Heck with it... I need me a L frame plug.
I'll risk riding the crazy train via Amex/PayPal, because the guy does make a quality product in my experience.
:p

mmc45414
04-15-2020, 06:14 PM
I'll risk riding the crazy train via Amex/PayPal, because the guy does make a quality product in my experience.
:pYeah, not like the guy that makes a product to enable defeating a safety device (no matter how bogus) might not be a little crazy [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wingate's Hairbrush
04-15-2020, 07:12 PM
Yeah, not like the guy that makes a product to enable defeating a safety device (no matter how bogus) might not be a little crazy...The lock isn't a safety device, it's a storage device.

mmc45414
04-15-2020, 07:55 PM
Keep us posted, I need a few (six?...) of these also.

Nephrology
04-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Someone needs to take their Seroquel...

Hemiram
04-17-2020, 12:11 AM
That's a crazy website, but IMHO, this is the king of crazy websites. The level of faceblindedness in this guy is extremely high. He also seems to think people can live much longer then they can:

https://wellaware1.com/

It's deep as the Mariana Trench, you can spend hours, hell, days in there reading about all kinds of crazy conspiracies.

My favorite is the "Jimmy Carter is actually JFK".

Horseman
04-17-2020, 12:46 AM
I mean, this kinda strikes me as run-of-the-mill gun community crazy. Remember a few years back when all the Coast to Coast AM listeners were freaking out about FEMA Death Camps, "gubmint buyin' all the ammo", Jade Helm, etc.?

These days, they've just moved on to Q Anon, Pizzagate, the "Deep State", and Epstein/Covid conspiracy theories...

You haven't listened to them lately, have you? C2C had guests jabbering about the New World Order and Planet X as recently as last week. Plus 5G caused the covids. Swear to God it did, man. :rolleyes:

Seven_Sicks_Two
04-17-2020, 09:08 AM
You haven't listened to them lately, have you? C2C had guests jabbering about the New World Order and Planet X as recently as last week. Plus 5G caused the covids. Swear to God it did, man. :rolleyes:

The more things change...

Brian T
04-17-2020, 04:27 PM

I had a few of the conspiracy anti-FEMA types contact me about how many people, I mean victims, can be fit in railroad autoracks. They even kicked around buying from me. Then they wanted to know if I would take part in a podcast about autoracks being for people.

willie
04-17-2020, 06:06 PM
Ya'll don't say too much. I heard that one of our esteemed members is his attorney.;)

Stephanie B
04-22-2020, 04:01 PM

Planet X? Are they referring to the theoretical Neptune-sized planet (https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/hypothetical-planet-x/in-depth/) that would be way the hell out past the Kuiper Belt?

Joe in PNG
04-22-2020, 08:50 PM
Planet X? Are they referring to the theoretical Neptune-sized planet (https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/hypothetical-planet-x/in-depth/) that would be way the hell out past the Kuiper Belt?

Which makes no sense, as everyone knows that the Earth is flat, and all the stars & planets are just a government conspiracy*.

*Disclaimer: sarcasm.

Paul D
04-22-2020, 10:44 PM
I just ordered a part from the guy. He was pleasant on the phone and he got the PayPal invoice to me quickly to pay.

Horseman
04-23-2020, 05:34 AM

Sort of yes, sort of no. "Planet X" in those circles has apparently become a term used to describe any theories about rogue objects striking Terra, and the subsequent doom/gloom/apocalypse. Often paired up with Cayce "prophecies", Dames "remote-viewing", and all sorts of other fringy stuff.

All sorts of these fun things things I learn by listening to AM radio on the night shift...:rolleyes:

Stephanie B
04-23-2020, 08:43 AM
All sorts of these fun things things I learn by listening to AM radio on the night shift...:rolleyes:

I think I'd prefer using ethanol to kill brain cells.

Seven_Sicks_Two
04-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Sort of yes, sort of no. "Planet X" in those circles has apparently become a term used to describe any theories about rogue objects striking Terra, and the subsequent doom/gloom/apocalypse. Often paired up with Cayce "prophecies", Dames "remote-viewing", and all sorts of other fringy stuff.

I think I'd prefer using ethanol to kill brain cells.

Why not both?

Dave T
04-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Why not both?

A couple nights of that and you'd probably spend your waking hours sucking your thumb while you rock back-n-forth in your chair. (LOL)

Dave

OlongJohnson
04-23-2020, 11:37 AM
I just ordered a part from the guy. He was pleasant on the phone and he got the PayPal invoice to me quickly to pay.

Wonder how much of this is the phenomena of people being willing to write things "anonymously" that they would never in a million years say in person? It's not just crazies, necessarily.

Paul D
04-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Wonder how much of this is the phenomena of people being willing to write things "anonymously" that they would never in a million years say in person? It's not just crazies, necessarily.

You know, there are towns and places around Phoenix like Black Canyon City, New River, Apache Junction, etc....people there can be nice but you know there is something wrong with them. This guy is probably one of them but like all great knifemakers and gunsmiths: you can forgive crazy as long they do a great job and are on time.

Dave T
04-23-2020, 12:32 PM
You know, there are towns and places around Phoenix like Black Canyon City, New River, Apache Junction, etc....people there can be nice but you know there is something wrong with them. This guy is probably one of them but like all great knifemakers and gunsmiths: you can forgive crazy as long they do a great job and are on time.

It's probably a good thing you can't walk around some metro neighborhoods. You could find a dose of crazy that would make you want to move to the far side of Queen Creek or Black Canyon City. Ask a city cop the next time you get close enough to talk. (smile)

Dave

Horseman
04-23-2020, 01:50 PM
Why not both?

It seems like a good idea at first but in my neck of the woods, drinking liquor while driving a police car is still frowned upon. :p

BehindBlueI's
04-23-2020, 02:08 PM
A couple nights of that and you'd probably spend your waking hours sucking your thumb while you rock back-n-forth in your chair. (LOL)

Dave

That's what they want you to believe.

Joe in PNG
04-23-2020, 03:24 PM

They are artisans, and a lot of artist are... odd.
The phrase "artistic temperament" didn't come out of nowhere.

Stephanie B
04-24-2020, 07:16 AM
It seems like a good idea at first but in my neck of the woods, drinking liquor while driving a police car is still frowned upon. :p

They don't (https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/pembroke-pines/fl-ne-pines-dui-officer-arrest-20191205-4bqdcx45cjho7lw6mrlc43iaja-story.html) let people (https://kfor.com/news/national/colorado-officer-recorded-drunk-passed-out-behind-wheel-of-cruiser-wont-face-charges/) have any (https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/police-prince-georges-officer-drove-drunk-crashed-patrol-car/41754/) fun anymore (https://www.whio.com/news/local/former-piqua-cop-accused-duty-ovi-crash-avoids-jail-time/FdLM4BrHN09pRIUtQ8f0rK/).

Baldanders
04-24-2020, 09:51 AM

Dave

Or glow with illumination as the scales are pulled from your eyes!

(My parents have been C2C fans for decades. It happens to good people. 😑 )

Half Moon
04-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Or glow with illumination as the scales are pulled from your eyes!

(My parents have been C2C fans for decades. It happens to good people. 😑 )

I used to listen to C2C a lot when I was on graveyard shift years ago (limited choices for commute listening with only an AM radio in the car). Art Bell usually had a wink, let's tell ghost stories around the campfire vibe. Once he passed the baton it seemed to go more true believer crazy and wasn't really fun anymore.

03RN
04-24-2020, 12:09 PM
Into the fray and The confessionals are pretty good paranormal podcasts:cool:

https://youtu.be/sztIscUvzTw

mtnbkr
04-24-2020, 03:01 PM
Into the fray and The confessionals are pretty good paranormal podcasts:cool:

https://youtu.be/sztIscUvzTw

If you like weird and paranormal with that old AM radio vibe, Welcome to Night Vale is pretty good.

Chris

Duelist
04-24-2020, 03:03 PM
If you like weird and paranormal with that old AM radio vibe, Welcome to Night Vale is pretty good.

Chris

My daughter listens to Night Vale while she paints creepy monsters. That narrator’s voice drives my batty.

Paul D
04-24-2020, 06:42 PM

Okay, this is dude is weird. Look at what he wrote on the delivery box. Who does this?

On the other hand, the part got here quick and they look nice.

mtnbkr
04-24-2020, 07:01 PM
Okay, this is dude is weird. Look at what he wrote on the delivery box. Who does this?

You should ask him what his thoughts are regarding gold fringe on flags.

Chris

Paul D
04-24-2020, 07:07 PM
You should ask him what his thoughts are regarding gold fringe on flags.

Chris

I hate you. I had to google that and now am full of regret.

mmc45414
04-24-2020, 08:18 PM
fun anymore (https://www.whio.com/news/local/former-piqua-cop-accused-duty-ovi-crash-avoids-jail-time/FdLM4BrHN09pRIUtQ8f0rK/).
This one is even local to me :cool:

SCCY Marshal
04-24-2020, 08:43 PM

Be it mental illness, too much pot inducing paranoia, or performance art; I love it.

Dave T
04-25-2020, 11:12 AM
A few years ago I bought a couple Plugs from a guy down in Florida. He charged something like $30 but is no longer making them. This guy is charging $90 the last time I visited his web site. Can they be that much better or is it just that he has a captive market? Or in fairness, since I don't really know the whole story, did the guy in FL go out of business because he didn't charge enough? Inquiring minds are, well...inquiring! (smile)

Dave

SCCY Marshal
04-25-2020, 12:06 PM
Hey, man, this guy's got a crack legal department on the payroll. A finer group of shysters you won't find from center to rim of this great, flat disc in the heavens. Drafting and serving the Postal Service such well reasearched and backed legal notice with every shipment don't come cheap!

RevolverRob
04-25-2020, 12:09 PM

On the other hand, the part got here quick and they look nice.

I don't think the cheese slid off that dude's cracker.

I think the cheese and crackers are each in different rooms....

RevolverRob
04-25-2020, 12:17 PM
Hey, man, this guy's got a crack legal department on the payroll. A finer group of shysters you won't find from center to rim of this great, flat disc in the heavens. Drafting and serving the Postal Service such well reasearched and backed legal notice with every shipment don't come cheap!

Dude...I think I might love you...no homo*

*Maybe small amounts of homo...just the tip.

Baldanders
04-25-2020, 04:28 PM

It's worth it after you watch some "cops vs. sovereign citizens" YouTube videos where the idiots get owned.

Warms my heart, at least. Sovereign types are really annoying.

Baldanders
04-25-2020, 04:32 PM

You, sir, are a true artist. About all that is missing is some antivaxx gibberish.

Baldanders
04-25-2020, 04:37 PM
Be it mental illness, too much pot inducing paranoia, or performance art; I love it.

I feel bad about it (a hair), but this amuses me muchly too.

blake_g
04-27-2020, 09:04 AM
Dr. Bronner's peppermint for me. It's got a tingle that is very refreshing, especially if you're really crusty dirty.

Rosco

This right here...

When I first started using this stuff about 25 years ago, my wife referred to it as "hippy soap" (valid point) - but now the kids are gone, it's just Herself and I and it somehow disappears faster than rational thought at a Joe Biden rally...

Rosco Benson
04-27-2020, 10:01 AM
This right here...

When I first started using this stuff about 25 years ago, my wife referred to it as "hippy soap" (valid point) - but now the kids are gone, it's just Herself and I and it somehow disappears faster than rational thought at a Joe Biden rally...

My friend, John, who introduced me to it ran a rock climbing shop for decades. They would get the soap in big barrels and sell it by the ounce into containers that customers would bring in. He and his wife also ran pack strings and did the cooking and such for some hunting camps. They would use the Dr. Bronner's for everything... washing dishes, shampoo, etc.

A few years back, a number of us were staying in the basement of a motel...kind of a bunkhouse arrangement. The owners of the motel would leave us the various soaps and shampoos other customers left behind. One evening, we got back from the field just disgustingly crusty with dried sweat, dirt, and prairie dog shit. I hit the shower and the Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap was on the wire rack. I used it and felt SOOOO clean that it was like my sins were washed away...along with the prairie dog shit.

I dried off, got dressed, and carried the soap bottle into the bunkhouse room, where cocktail hour was underway. I said, "Guys...they must have had some hippy staying here. This stuff is GREAT". I then started reading all of the goofy writing on the bottle aloud. We were all having a good laugh over the nutty hippy copy. John, who is a bit to the right of Ronald Reagan, finally 'fessed up that it was his.

I have never since wanted to use any other liquid soap in the shower. So much like the blind pig finding an acorn, hippies can come up with some good stuff sometimes. I still won't eat that peacenik ice cream from Ben & Jerry's though.

Stephanie B
04-27-2020, 12:31 PM

This will tell (https://abovethelaw.com/2013/09/the-stupid-pro-se-legal-theory-making-the-rounds/) you probably all anybody wants to know about those nuts.

Scal
04-27-2020, 02:02 PM
I have bought these before, but now I just avoid guns with lock holes. This good, as it sounds like I should avoid creating joinder with this individual.

Coyotesfan97
04-27-2020, 04:26 PM

Rosco

I used to use that when I visited my Aunt and Uncle in San Luis Obispo when I was young. I liked it and I’ll have to order some.

I live in the East Valley next to AJ. I don’t go to AJ unless I have to. It has a weird vibe to it. Especially at night with all the tweeker BoBs riding around.

Coyotesfan97
04-27-2020, 04:34 PM
I used to listen to C2C a lot when I was on graveyard shift years ago (limited choices for commute listening with only an AM radio in the car). Art Bell usually had a wink, let's tell ghost stories around the campfire vibe. Once he passed the baton it seemed to go more true believer crazy and wasn't really fun anymore.

I got a coworker turned on to listening C2C when David Paulides was on. Those shows had a great eerie vibe.

03RN
04-27-2020, 05:02 PM
I got a coworker turned on to listening C2C when David Paulides was on. Those shows had a great eerie vibe.

I love the missing 411 shows

Coyotesfan97
04-27-2020, 05:11 PM
I love the missing 411 shows

Me too. I’ve read the books. There’s some interesting patterns he notates.

Vista461
04-27-2020, 05:58 PM
Is there any one else that sells those if I need one in the future?
Or am I stuck deciding between a lock and crazy. Lol

Jeff22
04-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Years ago I had a (now deceased) partner/evil twin who liked to listen to Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell while patrolling on the midnight shift.

This guy also claimed to have been abducted by aliens while drinking at a field party while a teenager. He claimed he was taken into the saucer by "them" and "probed" but then the "them" released him. (Probably because he was too weird)

One night in 1999 Stan got so worked up over something he heard on the Art Bell show that he comped out at 0300 so he could go home and prepare for "the quickening". I'm not sure how that ever turned out. He was back at work the next night and didn't seem any different.

Stan never did believe in the black helicopters and FEMA death camp stuff though. He thought that was paranoid BS.

If the people knew how crazy the police were they would be scared and they wouldn't leave their house.

TheNewbie
04-29-2020, 07:37 PM
Years ago I had a (now deceased) partner/evil twin who liked to listen to Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell while patrolling on the midnight shift.

This guy also claimed to have been abducted by aliens while drinking at a field party while a teenager. He claimed he was taken into the saucer by "them" and "probed" but then the "them" released him. (Probably because he was too weird)

One night in 1999 Stan got so worked up over something he heard on the Art Bell show that he comped out at 0300 so he could go home and prepare for "the quickening". I'm not sure how that ever turned out. He was back at work the next night and didn't seem any different.

Stan never did believe in the black helicopters and FEMA death camp stuff though. He thought that was paranoid BS.

If the people knew how crazy the police were they would be scared and they wouldn't leave their house.

Man! My partner had a supervisor who swore he was abducted by aliens and cloned.

JodyH
04-30-2020, 08:45 AM
Is there any one else that sells those if I need one in the future?
Or am I stuck deciding between a lock and crazy. Lol

https://sightpushertool.com/shop-online

Dave T
04-30-2020, 11:24 AM
Thanks Jody! That looks like a much better deal than $90 to crazy land.

Dave

mtnbkr
04-30-2020, 11:29 AM

What's with the weird, non-relevant pictures? Is the S&W Plug Crazy Virus spreading?

Chris

SCCY Marshal
04-30-2020, 12:05 PM
What's with the weird, non-relevant pictures? Is the S&W Plug Crazy Virus spreading?

Chris

Looks like stock element photos from the site template that haven't yet been updated. Just lazy, not crazy.

Wyoming Shooter
04-30-2020, 01:23 PM
A couple years ago, I purchased a plug for a new 625. I had an installation question and called the owner. He was prompt, courteous, and helpful. Just sayin...

Hemiram
05-01-2020, 06:29 AM
Without her meds, my friend's 42 year old daughter believes her two main hallucinations are real.

Her main one is her brain was removed when she was 11, copied at 90% accuracy, and the defective copy replaced into her skull. Repeat several times.
Her original brain is under the Denver airport, running a group of computers for the government. Think of the old Star Trek episode, "Spock's Brain" and that's pretty much it.

Her other one is that "the government has injected her with "nanobots" that have "destroyed my brain", and that's what made her schizophrenic.

Looking back, she had some minor symptoms all along, but managed to somehow end up second in her high school class, but college, on a full ride to be a neurosurgeon, pushed her over the edge, and that was the end of a lot of things in her life. Now she lives above her parent's garage, and smokes a LOT of cigarettes. As long as she's taking the meds, she knows the two scenarios are bogus, but when she goes off them, the voices are convincing.

Wingate's Hairbrush
05-01-2020, 07:34 AM
Without her meds, my friend's 42 year old daughter believes her two main hallucinations are real.

Her main one is her brain was removed when she was 11, copied at 90% accuracy, and the defective copy replaced into her skull. Repeat several times.
Her original brain is under the Denver airport, running a group of computers for the government. Think of the old Star Trek episode, "Spock's Brain" and that's pretty much it.

Her other one is that "the government has injected her with "nanobots" that have "destroyed my brain", and that's what made her schizophrenic.

Looking back, she had some minor symptoms all along, but managed to somehow end up second in her high school class, but college, on a full ride to be a neurosurgeon, pushed her over the edge, and that was the end of a lot of things in her life. Now she lives above her parent's garage, and smokes a LOT of cigarettes. As long as she's taking the meds, she knows the two scenarios are bogus, but when she goes off them, the voices are convincing.Adult onset schizophrenia disproportionately emerges between the ages of late teens and early twenties; it's observed consistently but to my knowledge medical science still doesn't know exactly why.

It's pretty impressive they found a med cocktail for her that actually keeps the delusions in check; most folk who are in free-fall without meds are only marginally assisted with them, at best. Then there's the ones who aren't on any meds, have hallucinations or delusions, but they're marginal enough that they can still more or less function in day-to-day life.

Anyway, God bless your friend's daughter and pray she stays on her meds.

But brain removal and replacement? Nanobots? Ridiculous. It's the detrimental robots, of course; deros, to those in the know. ;)

(It's fascinating how narratives the seriously mentally ill develop are so often indicative of the brain attempting to explain to itself why it isn't working correctly.)

Hemiram
05-03-2020, 01:11 AM
Adult onset schizophrenia disproportionately emerges between the ages of late teens and early twenties; it's observed consistently but to my knowledge medical science still doesn't know exactly why.

It's pretty impressive they found a med cocktail for her that actually keeps the delusions in check; most folk who are in free-fall without meds are only marginally assisted with them, at best. Then there's the ones who aren't on any meds, have hallucinations or delusions, but they're marginal enough that they can still more or less function in day-to-day life.

But brain removal and replacement? Nanobots? Ridiculous. It's the detrimental robots, of course; deros, to those in the know. ;)

(It's fascinating how narratives the seriously mentally ill develop are so often indicative of the brain attempting to explain to itself why it isn't working correctly.)

The weird thing about her was she had the nanobot thing going in her head when she was 11 or so, it's in a journal she kept. Her parents never read it closely until years after she was diagnosed and had been arrested several times. On a trip to Disney World, she saw tiny cars and things on the ground moving, and wrote about tiny robots attacking her mind. But she kept herself together until she went to college and fell apart. When their 3 kids were growing up, she was "perfect", the youngest daughter was the problem kid. Now, that youngest daughter and her husband have a business they own, a huge house, a little daughter and 4 dogs and life is great for her, but until she was out of high school, she was in trouble constantly. About the only thing she didn't do was get pregnant. Shoplifting, stealing from neighbors, out of cars, fighting, drinking at 14, she did it all. By the time college came along, she was doing fine. The middle kid, the son, was kind of ignored, as he was generally happy and stayed under the radar and never got into trouble much at all.

The schizoprenic daughter has stayed on her meds, this time, longer than any previous period, and she's doing well, but as always when someone takes those drugs, she's kind of "flat". And it seems like the better the meds work, and the more normal(for lack of a better term) she seems to be, the smoking impulse increases. They changed her meds about 2 years ago, and while she seems to have regained some of her old spark, she wants to smoke even more. At one point when she was off her meds and self medicating with booze and pot, etc, between arrests, she said she was smoking 5 packs a day! She's currently down to 2+ a day, which leaves her complaining she "Needs more cigarettes!". When she is off meds totally, she doesn't want to smoke much, but is totally paranoid, and has a hair trigger thinking she "is going to be murdered" by her parents, sister, and brother. Her last arrest was when she attacked an off duty cop who was eating with his wife in a restaurant, sitting in uniform. That incident cost my friend and his wife a LOT of money to get her out of. She's been on her meds continually since then, and her main complaint is feeling "dead inside", but right now, she makes jokes and seems to be able to enjoy life, and smoking.

I would guess that the smoking as many packs a day as she can will be what kills her eventually. I just get near her and start clearing my throat, coughing, etc. Her daughter, who was adopted by her grandparents won't go into a room with her as she can't stand the smell, so they talk outside. At least they are talking again and generally getting along after a long estrangement. That kid had a rough 4 years with mom after she was born. Dad is nowhere to be found most of the time, he's just a plain old drunk, and the fact she was actually in decent shape physically when Child Protection grabbed her up is kind of impressive in itself.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't mean to drone on above..

Baldanders
05-05-2020, 03:03 PM
The weird thing about her was she had the nanobot thing going in her head when she was 11 or so, it's in a journal she kept. Her parents never read it closely until years after she was diagnosed and had been arrested several times. On a trip to Disney World, she saw tiny cars and things on the ground moving, and wrote about tiny robots attacking her mind. But she kept herself together until she went to college and fell apart. When their 3 kids were growing up, she was "perfect", the youngest daughter was the problem kid. Now, that youngest daughter and her husband have a business they own, a huge house, a little daughter and 4 dogs and life is great for her, but until she was out of high school, she was in trouble constantly. About the only thing she didn't do was get pregnant. Shoplifting, stealing from neighbors, out of cars, fighting, drinking at 14, she did it all. By the time college came along, she was doing fine. The middle kid, the son, was kind of ignored, as he was generally happy and stayed under the radar and never got into trouble much at all.

The schizoprenic daughter has stayed on her meds, this time, longer than any previous period, and she's doing well, but as always when someone takes those drugs, she's kind of "flat". And it seems like the better the meds work, and the more normal(for lack of a better term) she seems to be, the smoking impulse increases. They changed her meds about 2 years ago, and while she seems to have regained some of her old spark, she wants to smoke even more. At one point when she was off her meds and self medicating with booze and pot, etc, between arrests, she said she was smoking 5 packs a day! She's currently down to 2+ a day, which leaves her complaining she "Needs more cigarettes!". When she is off meds totally, she doesn't want to smoke much, but is totally paranoid, and has a hair trigger thinking she "is going to be murdered" by her parents, sister, and brother. Her last arrest was when she attacked an off duty cop who was eating with his wife in a restaurant, sitting in uniform. That incident cost my friend and his wife a LOT of money to get her out of. She's been on her meds continually since then, and her main complaint is feeling "dead inside", but right now, she makes jokes and seems to be able to enjoy life, and smoking.

I would guess that the smoking as many packs a day as she can will be what kills her eventually. I just get near her and start clearing my throat, coughing, etc. Her daughter, who was adopted by her grandparents won't go into a room with her as she can't stand the smell, so they talk outside. At least they are talking again and generally getting along after a long estrangement. That kid had a rough 4 years with mom after she was born. Dad is nowhere to be found most of the time, he's just a plain old drunk, and the fact she was actually in decent shape physically when Child Protection grabbed her up is kind of impressive in itself.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't mean to drone on above..

Smoking may be reducing the amount of antipsychotic in her bloodstream. Antipsychotics are generally dopamine antagonists/blockers, and nicotine gives a strong but very brief "hit" on the dopamine receptors. Nicotine may reduce antipsychotic side-effects, which can be pretty nasty. Looks like this is common:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19794359

My heart goes out to your friend and his family.

Baldanders
05-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Adult onset schizophrenia disproportionately emerges between the ages of late teens and early twenties; it's observed consistently but to my knowledge medical science still doesn't know exactly why.

It's really fascinating when one person's delusions get blown up into a whole mythos.

Poor Shaver had a host of issues he was trying to get under control, judging by his stories.

IMO, "Elves" and similar critters probably became stories in much the same way that the Dero and Tero became part of pop culture for a bit.

Nicodimas
05-05-2020, 04:59 PM
My brother has adult onset schizophrenia. I love the dude and it’s heartbreaking. I remember him normal and then the change.

Top of class in high school, honors in college and then just changed in his junior year...Still hyper intelligent too, it’s so damn weird. Too smart.

He manages with pills, but cannot hold down jobs as stress causes him to rant. His rants become very strange very quick and make people very uncomfortable sadly.

Put prayers they figure this out someday... wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

We are still exploring a guardianship with the state as he no longer takes care of himself as his level of depression is on a different level. He knows he’s nuts and nothing can really fix it . Just wanted to comment, as some people just draw the short straw. Felt like sharing .. never really do on this one.

(Be kind to people , you never know their situation and people are always so damn tough on him. Drives me bonkers)

Sidebar: He smokes like a chimney says it levels him out.

Stephanie B
05-07-2020, 08:50 AM

Looking back, she had some minor symptoms all along, but managed to somehow end up second in her high school class, but college, on a full ride to be a neurosurgeon, pushed her over the edge, and that was the end of a lot of things in her life. Now she lives above her parent's garage, and smokes a LOT of cigarettes. As long as she's taking the meds, she knows the two scenarios are bogus, but when she goes off them, the voices are convincing.

Those things seem to have a tendency to blossom at college. I know a guy who, as a college freshman, stripped off his clothes and climbed a construction crane to try to terrorize the demons inside him into submission. The wrinkle there was the psychiatrist asked him if he was trying to frighten the demons into leaving. He said no, he knew they wouldn't, but he wanted them to pay rent.

In his most recent novel, Craig Johnson had Standing Bear say: "It is difficult to confront madness, because insanity is a stranger to reason and any reasonable response would be insane."

Hizzie
05-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Bottom of page.

K/L/N blued or stainless

J blued or stainless

JodyH
07-06-2020, 03:30 PM
Yup... dude is definitely an odd duck LOL.
I'll give him big props, his product is great and his shipping speed was instant.

But this was hand written on the box in red Sharpie...

SCCY Marshal
08-18-2020, 09:40 PM
I have good news and bad news but both are the same thing. Our boy updated his sight since the protests and riots kicked off. A lot of good ramblings and crazed formatting have been lost:

http://web.archive.org/web/20200819023629/https://www.originalprecision.com/original-precision.html

But we at least now have this!

"DUE TO THE CURRENT SIEGE WARFARE BY THE COMMUNIST BIOLOGICAL WEAPON ATTACK VIA THE CHINA VIRUS ON THE FRONT LINES AND THE REAR SNEAK ATTACK IN THE FINANCIAL SECTOR BY COMMUNIST INFILTRATORS IN THE U.S. MARKETS

THIS IS TEXBOOK CASUS BELLI FOLKS THERFOR.
I HEREBY DECLARE WAR ON COMMUNISM."

snubasaurus
08-24-2020, 10:01 PM
What if...?

THE LADY AT THE FBI ALSO TOOK A SIDE NOTE. I LEFT A MESSAGE FOR A U.S. SENATOR THE OTHER DAY LETTING THAT OFFICE KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT CREATING A CHINA VIRUS VACCINE. TAKE THE VIRUS AND DILUTE IT BACK TO BE VERY LIGHT THEN ADMINISTER BY MICRO CC LEVELS LIKE .25CC VIRUS AND 9.75CC FLUID CARRIER. THIS LETS MEDICAL STAFF NATIONWIDE ADMINISTER THE PROPER AMOUNT OF VACCINE TO THE PEOPLE BASED ON AGE WEIGHT SUCCEPTABILITY DUE TO DECREASED IMMUNE SYSTEMS IN THE ELDERLY AND RECENT SURGERY PATIENTS.

IT WILL WORK JUST LIKE THE FLU VACCINE FOLKS GET EACH YEAR. THE CHINA VIRUS IS AN (A SYMPTOMAIC) VIRUS ONCE YOU GET A TOUCH OF IT YOUR BODY CREATES ITS OWN ANTIBODIES SAME AS IT DOES FOR THE FLU ETC. U.S. PHARM COMPANIES COULD BEGIN MANUFACTURING THE VACCINE VERY QUICKLY TO GET IT OUT TO THE PEOPLE SO WE CAN OVERCOME THIS BIOLOGICAL WEAPON ATTACK HERE ON U.S. SOIL.

jh9
08-25-2020, 01:19 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20200825174529/https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-parts.html
updated?

this public pc ive been using in maricopa county az did some funny shit also. thus if i push the go pedal it will be in maricopa county az DOWNTOWN
PHOENIX AT A FEDERAL BUILDING. as MARICOPA COUNTY is where i am listed with thru the state of az for trade name(s) and where my original precision mail comes to po box 1755 queen creek az = maricopa co az..

Couple things

1) shout out to the local libraries making public pcs available
2) :eek:

I know the implication here is probably some sort of Federal Lawsuit (tm) but... I would phrase things, you know, different-ish. There's a certain density of all-caps artistry whereupon people start to just skim. We wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

I ALREADY WROTE THE
AZ ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE
IM SURE THEY CAN HELP ouT ALSO

I...question the wisdom of that decision but it's probably good that he let them know. You know, about things. In general.

Dave T
08-26-2020, 09:56 AM
Well at least he'll be on the list of the Attorney General's "special friends". (smile)

Dave

willie
08-27-2020, 09:31 PM
I buy my tin foil from him. Blues hooked me up. Them radio waves were killing me. ;)