PDA

View Full Version : Corps of Engineers request for comment on ~ possession of firearms

Bigguy
04-14-2020, 09:47 AM
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers publishes request for comment on proposed revision to regulation governing possession of firearms

Link (https://www.usace.army.mil/Media/News-Releases/News-Release-Article-View/Article/2148485/us-army-corps-of-engineers-publishes-request-for-comment-on-proposed-revision-t/)

EVP
04-14-2020, 10:02 AM
Just curious what does this insinuate?

I am clueless and don’t know but find it very interesting.

joshs
04-14-2020, 10:10 AM
Just curious what does this insinuate?

I am clueless and don’t know but find it very interesting.

Normalizes the COE firearms policy with other federal land mangers by getting rid of the current written authorization requirement for carrying a firearm.

The proposed rule is available here: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=COE-2018-0008-0001

John Hearne
04-14-2020, 11:01 AM
Years back, Congress forced the National Park Service and Fish and Wildlife Service to get rid of their own regulations regarding firearms and just use the laws of the state the site was located in. They forgot to include Army Corps of Engineers which is the last Federal land management agency that has their own restrictions on firearms.

fatdog
04-14-2020, 12:41 PM
Lots of recreational lakes, campgrounds, etc. impacted by the Corps no guns anywhere for any reason policy. I hope it gets wiped.

WobblyPossum
04-14-2020, 12:51 PM
Comment submitted. Hopefully enough people submit comments to push their decision making over the edge.

Totem Polar
04-14-2020, 01:00 PM
Looks good to me

idahojess
04-14-2020, 10:30 PM
Thanks for posting this. This pretty significant in my neck of the woods, where there are a lot of Corps-run recreation sites.

Edited to delete link, JoshS already posted it...

Bratch
04-14-2020, 10:36 PM
Any recommended form letter or key words that should be used for comments? I don’t spend much time on CoE land but will submit for more freedoms.

ranger
04-14-2020, 11:05 PM
I boat on Lake Allatoona which is CoE controlled so I can relate.

Cookie Monster
04-15-2020, 09:01 AM
Any recommended form letter or key words that should be used for comments? I don’t spend much time on CoE land but will submit for more freedoms.

I don’t work for the Corps but I am involved with NEPA for federal land management. The comment period is part of the NEPA. Form letters or identical comments are often determined to be just one comment. If we get 500 post cards or form letters from the members of a radical environmental group then that counts as one comment in the scheme of it all.

Just write something in you own words on behalf of yourself.