PDA

View Full Version : I can't hear myself think.

jslaker
05-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Guy in the lane to my immediate right blasting away with a Governor.

Dude two lanes to my left trying his best to go cyclic with an FN Five-Seven.

I think Stealers Wheel had a song about this.

jmjames
05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Dude two lanes to my left trying his best to go cyclic with an FN Five-Seven.

That's an expensive habit. :D

J.Ja

jslaker
05-19-2012, 08:34 PM
That's an expensive habit. :D

J.Ja

No joke. That FsN is a pretty popular rental gun at this range, too. I see guys go through 4+ boxes, and can't help but think "that's half a case of ammo for me."

NickA
05-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I feel your pain. Skyline1 and I had the pleasure of being on the range with not just 1 but 2 Judges today.

JM Campbell
05-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Funny thing about that is they didn't stay long and each party brought only a judge with minimal amounts of ammo.

I hope they realized their fail.....not much hope but some.

jmjames
05-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Maybe I am mistaken... but isn't the whole marketing schtick of the Governor and Judge supposed to be that you don't even have to aim, because it sends a cone of deadly lead at the carjacker? Since that is the promise, and since there is ZERO reason to buy one unless you've bought into that promise... then what is the purpose of going to the range with it?!?!

J.Ja

JM Campbell
05-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Purpose:

TO ANNOY PEOPLE LIKE US......:cool:

jslaker
05-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Purpose:

Golden.

jdesro
05-20-2012, 10:15 AM
There is a guy at my range who has a Governor and loads it with .45ACP. It has a very unusual sound - almost hollow - like shooting through an empty barrel. Not quite like any other handgun I have heard.

PaulL
05-21-2012, 08:28 AM
There is a guy at my range who has a Governor and loads it with .45ACP. It has a very unusual sound - almost hollow - like shooting through an empty barrel. Not quite like any other handgun I have heard.

That hollow sound is actually the muzzle blast reverberating inside the place once occupied by his soul. It's a well-known fact that buying a Governor will slowly but surely condemn one's soul to darkness for eternity. I'm surprised you guys didn't know that. :eek:

:D

NickA
05-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Purpose:

Nice.
I actually said to Skyline that the sole redeeming quality of the Judge is if someone has one or is talking about getting one, you immediately know what kind of person you're dealing with, and to stay far away. It's like the protective coloration of the gun world.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

dbm
05-21-2012, 10:01 AM
You should try shooting immediately next to someone with a Lone Eagle .243. Now that will make you flinch. If the sound doesn't get you, the shock wave will.

JConn
05-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Or, the only time I'm sure I lost hearing shooting. A 7.5 inch barreled ar pistol with a battlecomp. Indoor range, directly next to me, mag dumps, half an hour.

jetfire
05-21-2012, 06:44 PM
This is why I always double-up on my earpro at an indoor range. Little orange foamies in the ears, and big ol' 30 db Peltors over them. Then I settle down and relax, because after that it's just me and my tinnitus.

JConn
05-21-2012, 06:57 PM
This is why I always double-up on my earpro at an indoor range. Little orange foamies in the ears, and big ol' 30 db Peltors over them. Then I settle down and relax, because after that it's just me and my tinnitus.

I always double up as well. Sometimes, it's just not enough. There is a joke there somewhere, but I'll leave it at that.

jetfire
05-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I always double up as well. Sometimes, it's just not enough.

PHRASING