PDA

View Full Version : S&W Auto Pistols - Final 5 Quiz Questions?

hoppy70
05-18-2012, 09:30 PM
S&W Auto Pistols - Final 5 Quiz Questions?
I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on S&W Auto Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them. During my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few final 5 quiz questions? Thanks for your help.

Note #20. What part must come off in order to get the firing pin blocking plunger (firing pin safety lever plunger) out of the slide?
a) The extractor
b) The rear sight
c) The Pelosi widget

Note #22. The sear spring is held in place by
a) The back strap (insert)
b) Loctite
c) A bumped pin
d) Sideplate

Note #23. How much spring out should the extractor have?
a) .050"
b) .015"
c) .025"
d) just over .030"

Note $24. Filing or stoning away mass from the extractor's limiting pad will cause the extractor to move in what direction when it is in working position inside of the slide?
a) Inward
b) Outward
c) Up
d) Down

Note #28. The sear should go back into the frame before or after the disconnector goes back into the gun?
a) Before
b) After

hoppy70
05-23-2012, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=hoppy70;72017]S&W Auto Pistols - Final 5 Quiz Questions?
I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on S&W Auto Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them. During my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few final 5 quiz questions? Thanks for your help.

Note #20. What part must come off in order to get the firing pin blocking plunger (firing pin safety lever plunger) out of the slide?
a) The extractor
b) The rear sight
c) The Pelosi widget

Note #22. The sear spring is held in place by
a) The back strap (insert)
b) Loctite
c) A bumped pin
d) Sideplate

Note #23. How much spring out should the extractor have?
a) .050"
b) .015"
c) .025"
d) just over .030"

Note #24. Filing or stoning away mass from the extractor's limiting pad will cause the extractor to move in what direction when it is in working position inside of the slide?
a) Inward
b) Outward
c) Up
d) Down

Note #28. The sear should go back into the frame before or after the disconnector goes back into the gun?
a) Before
b) After