PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Audio Recording Equipment for Voice

Chance
04-10-2020, 03:15 PM
I am having to record lectures using desktop-capture software and an audio mic. The mic is on my gaming headset, which works reasonably well, but is prone to being bumped when I scratch my head, and I have to be careful with the mic's position, lest I get a "PFFFFFFT" if I exhale too hard.

I'm curious if anyone has a suggestion for an accessibly-priced microphone for recording voice on a computer. Ideally, it would have some sort of arm I could clamp to the desk or a shelf, so that I could position the thing in front of my face and still use a keyboard without bumping it. I know exactly jack about A/V, and with recording equipment being scarce due to a surge in online communication (or everyone making their own podcast...), I thought I'd check here first before I took my chances on the Internet.

It doesn't have to be professional grade, but I'm probably going to end up recording about 100 hours of material before the summer semester is up, so I'd prefer the audio to not suck as much as possible.

NH Shooter
04-10-2020, 03:33 PM
http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/gomic/

I have one and it works well.