PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat goes all in with the SIG P320

Tokarev
04-02-2020, 02:48 PM
First it was a Wilson grip module. But now Wilson is making an entire pistol. Or, more correctly, reworking the entire pistol:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Order-Wilson_SIG-Collaboration-Pistols/products/1306/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=WCSig%20Collaboration%20Custom%20P320&mc_cid=e0bfeea888&mc_eid=137f2add31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5NZtaPTeUU&feature=emb_title

Tokarev
04-02-2020, 03:02 PM
I like the looks. But my first reaction is, "No optics cut?"

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

claymore504
04-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Not much into the P320 these days, but I have to say I like what I see.

JSGlock34
04-02-2020, 03:09 PM

Same reaction. Considering the diversity of SIG optics cuts too, there's room to play here.

Tokarev
04-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Same reaction. Considering the diversity of SIG optics cuts too, there's room to play here.

I keep waiting for Unity Tactical to drop the ATOM 2.0. It should be more or less a universal mounting plate that will work on any number of pistols once the slide is machined.

Wilson could no doubt license the Unity system or come out with its own version.

http://soldiersystems.net/2020/01/23/shot-show-20-atom-2-0-slides-are-coming-from-unity-tactical/

JSGlock34
04-02-2020, 03:32 PM
I think that a slide cut should at least permit one direct mount option. My personal opinion is that, like it or not, the DPP is the mil-spec mounting standard thanks to the M17. There are good reasons to take an approach like the STI DUO (DPP footprint allows a direct mount, or you use an adapter plate for something else). I suspect there are RMR/SRO prototypes aligned to a DPP mounting footprint somewhere in Trijicon's R&D department due to the M17 adoption.

I find it interesting that CBP wants something that direct mounts to a MOS cut...

Tokarev
04-02-2020, 03:43 PM
I think that a slide cut should at least permit one direct mount option. My personal opinion is that, like it or not, the DPP is the mil-spec mounting standard thanks to the M17. There are good reasons to take an approach like the STI DUO (DPP footprint allows a direct mount, or you use an adapter plate for something else). I suspect there are RMR/SRO prototypes aligned to a DPP mounting footprint somewhere in Trijicon's R&D department due to the M17 adoption.

I find it interesting that CBP wants something that direct mounts to a MOS cut...

CHPWS and Bobro both have some form of P320 adapters:

http://www.chpws.com/product/sig-p320-x-five-legion-rmr-sro-holosun-407-507-508-adapter-plate

http://www.bobroengineering.com/SIG-320-M17-RMR-MOUNT-WINTEGRATED-REAR-SIGHT_p_51.html

No comment on what CBP is trying to do....

Navin Johnson
04-02-2020, 11:40 PM
Couldn't tell from the video..... Is the FCG upgraded with better parts?

Magsz
04-03-2020, 12:45 AM
Couldn't tell from the video..... Is the FCG upgraded with better parts?

No.

Not unless you order it with the "action tune".

Kirk
04-03-2020, 01:00 AM
Not to be negative, but seems very "meh." They added a grip module, slide serrations, sights, and barrel coating. Cool I guess, but really missed the boat imo by not offering an optic cut.

Tokarev
04-03-2020, 06:14 AM
WilsonCombatRep

Can you comment on the lack of optics cut on the new pistol? Is something with an optics cut in the works?

TIA!

WilsonCombatRep
04-03-2020, 06:27 AM
WilsonCombatRep

Can you comment on the lack of optics cut on the new pistol? Is something with an optics cut in the works?

TIA!

It's in the works

HCountyGuy
04-03-2020, 07:09 AM
Not to be negative, but seems very "meh." They added a grip module, slide serrations, sights, and barrel coating. Cool I guess, but really missed the boat imo by not offering an optic cut.

Same.

It looks tacticoolish, but for the base price of $1200 I would expect more. Optics cut or some trigger work.

Other than fancy checkering and the dlc finish I wouldn’t see much reason to get this vs an X series.

JonInWA
04-03-2020, 09:31 AM
Not saying there's anything bad or undesirable about the Wilson offering, but frankly I'm just pretty pleased with my RX Carry with the X frame module.

Best, Jon

Zincwarrior
04-03-2020, 09:41 AM

Can someone explain why one would buy this? Its $1,200 without a trigger job.

An X Five is $800, but has a detachable adjustable sight and detachable magwell. An X Five Legion is $900 with better trigger, detachable magwell, and detachable adjustable sights. And it weighs more.
For the same price one could finagle the European metal frame version.

Whats the reason to purchase this? Is it more accurate or what did I miss?

lwt16
04-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Admittedly, I don't see the creme de la creme of the handgun world in the classes I teach, but for that cash most would be better off to buy a standard used P320, two cases of ammo, decent holster/mag pouch, the WC grip module, and possibly have money left over for a local pistol class or more mags.

I know a guy that has a WC ECD X9. He thinks there is something wrong with it. It shoots low/left. I've yet to shoot it but my associate has......and it hits just fine for him.

Another thing I see is "OOH Optics" from shooters. Very few in my circle are even going to consider this offering without it being milled for optics.

But then again, I"m not a "bling" or "BBQ" gun sort of guy. Reliability and accuracy/precision.

Pretty can wait.

Regards.

okie john
04-03-2020, 11:49 AM
I accept that the M-17 and M-18 are the anointed US military pistols, but I can't shake the feeling that it's still too early to go all in on them. I would not be surprised to see a product-improved version sooner rather than later, and I'd expect it to differ from the current guns as significantly as some of the current variations based on the M-4 vary from one another. I also don't like the fact that (per reports on PF.com) civilian models appear to meet different QC standards than military models.

I'll keep an eye on this as I bitterly cling to my G19.

Okie John

Jared
04-03-2020, 02:10 PM
I pretty much see this as Wilson responding to the market. Fact is, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the dominant forces in the poly framed striker fired pistol market for a long time. They were already doing Glocks, night as well add SIGs too. That said, no friggin way I’m dropping $1200 on a P320. Just, no.....

Borderland
04-03-2020, 04:41 PM
I pretty much see this as Wilson responding to the market. Fact is, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the dominant forces in the poly framed striker fired pistol market for a long time. They were already doing Glocks, night as well add SIGs too. That said, no friggin way I’m dropping $1200 on a P320. Just, no.....

Come on now, it's $700 worth of enhancements on a $500 pistol. You don't see the value there? ;)

zaitcev
04-03-2020, 05:18 PM
I keep waiting for Unity Tactical to drop the ATOM 2.0. It should be more or less a universal mounting plate that will work on any number of pistols once the slide is machined.
I wish people stopped monkeying with these plates and adopted the rail of Aimpoint ACRO P1. Failing that, just use Docter for every sight and be done.

zaitcev
04-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Can someone explain why one would buy this? Its $1,200 without a trigger job.

Whats the reason to purchase this?

Same market as SIG P210 Carry, although that gun is something you carry when you're wearing a tuxedo, while this is one you carry when you wear a sports coat over a black turtleneck while descending from your private jet.

Mike C
04-03-2020, 08:14 PM

I would agree. I do believe this is a response to the market. The custom 1911 market seems soft but maybe I'm talking out of my ass as I'm not privy to custom 1911 sales. I see this as a move to collect market share in a striker fired/plastic fantastic world. Smart move IMHO. People are already paying $700-$1K for custom polymer guns or work, (gun plus custom work). If you don't innovate or adapt you die.

Borderland
04-03-2020, 09:14 PM
I would agree. I do believe this is a response to the market. The custom 1911 market seems soft but maybe I'm talking out of my ass as I'm not privy to custom 1911 sales. I see this as a move to collect market share in a striker fired/plastic fantastic world. Smart move IMHO. People are already paying $700-$1K for custom polymer guns or work, (gun plus custom work). If you don't innovate or adapt you die.

Innovate? It's a striker pistol. It's like a customized cell phone. Do they make an app for IDPA?

Duke
04-03-2020, 09:16 PM

JSGlock34
04-03-2020, 09:25 PM
No surprise that Wilson Combat is moving into the 320; they've built their company around customized service handguns (1911, Beretta M9, Glock). Why wouldn't they move to the SIG? No doubt a future generation of servicemen will want a customized M17/320 reminiscent of their issue weapon.

Jared
04-03-2020, 09:27 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if the custom 1911 market isn’t reduced by half 15 years from now. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was bigger and better than ever by then. A LOT of this depends on what the politicians do. If there’s another nationwide mag ban, I could see the 1911 making a noticeable comeback. Without that, I think the plastic fantastics are gonna keep pushing the 1911 market further and further down. And like I said, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the leaders in that market for a long time. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see other companies in the custom 1911 biz come out with packages for Glock and the 320

HCM
04-03-2020, 09:52 PM
I wish people stopped monkeying with these plates and adopted the rail of Aimpoint ACRO P1. Failing that, just use Docter for every sight and be done.

The ACRO mounting looks promising but Doctor ? It’s 2020. The RMR exists solely because the Doctor optic is sub optimal.

Eyesquared
04-04-2020, 12:09 AM
Seems like a bad value proposition. I would like to see what Wilson Combat can do with fitted barrels (maybe a bushing?), trigger jobs, fitting the slide to the FCU, etc.

HCM
04-04-2020, 12:41 AM
Seems like a bad value proposition. I would like to see what Wilson Combat can do with fitted barrels (maybe a bushing?), trigger jobs, fitting the slide to the FCU, etc.

Why. what ever the negatives if the stock P320, they are quite mechanically accurate.

Eyesquared
04-04-2020, 01:01 AM
Why. what ever the negatives if the stock P320, they are quite mechanically accurate.

Mostly curiosity. Mine does shoot decent groups, with the caveat that I am not much of a group shooter. I've seen some really amazing groups posted with the Barsto P320 barrels properly fit so I'm curious how much further it can go. It also bothers me a little that the slide has vertical play on the rails of the FCU. I can very easily see the dot dip as the shot breaks when I dry fire without a mag and dummy round inserted. Seems slightly less than ideal that the position of the slide on the frame is dependent on the tension from the magazine.

Not to say that I think any of this is necessary but I think if you were really going to go crazy with custom work on a P320 these might be interesting.

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 07:33 AM
Mine does shoot decent groups...

Not to say that I think any of this is necessary but I think if you were really going to go crazy with custom work on a P320 these might be interesting.

My experience with a couple different 320s is they all shoot pretty well. My 45 Auto seems particularly accurate.

Accuracy could no doubt be improved with a fully fitted barrel and a slide that's tightly fitted to the FCU but to what end? People are already noting the price on the WCP is north of a Grand. I assume a model with fitted barrel and slide would be treading into the $1500 range. Probably not too many takers at that point.

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 07:34 AM
The custom 1911 market may be stronger than people realize. There are still plenty of shops working on them. The better known 1911 smiths still have wait times measured in years.

Mike C
04-04-2020, 07:46 AM
Innovate? It's a striker pistol. It's like a customized cell phone. Do they make an app for IDPA?

I’m not saying they are innovating they are adapting to market conditions in my opinion. I was just saying in general businesses have to be innovative or adapt to conditions in order to survive. That’s all.

The custom 1911 market may be stronger than people realize. There are still plenty of shops working on them. The better known 1911 smiths still have wait times measured in years.

I do hope this is true. I still love 1911’s even though I don’t own one. I would hate to see the skills, knowledge and abilities of custom smiths die off.

JTQ
04-04-2020, 07:54 AM

I suspect the reason the wait times are measured in years is because there are so few of them.

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 07:57 AM
I do hope this is true. I still love 1911’s even though I don’t own one. I would hate to see the skills, knowledge and abilities of custom smiths die off.

Some of the top smiths are older gentlemen so a loss of knowledge and ability is to be expected.

Still, the 1911 market appears strong. When a company like Ruger starts selling expensive custom 1911s you know something's still going on in that market.

I guess the only one here who really knows what's up with the 1911 market is WilsonCombatRep but we may have chased him off with the generally negative comments.

GJM
04-04-2020, 08:31 AM
Looks like a value proposition for “the guy that really wants a Zev,” but doesn’t have the jingle.

Sig_Fiend
04-04-2020, 10:33 AM
You know, my natural response is usually pessimistic. Taking a step back, I can't help but be glad that companies are continuing to develop on the P320 concept. It's a great concept, unfortunately implemented with some sub-par quality components. The longer this goes on, the more likely it will reach Glock levels where any potentially poor quality components (e.g. gen 3/4 extractors) have well-built aftermarket options.

Even if they're not for you (speaking generally), my advice is just be glad there's yet another option, and a company like WC is throwing their hat in the ring on this platform. Theirs certainly look pretty damn nice, that's for sure. Their grip modules have been one of the most pleasant surprises of all my purchases over the past year.

Zincwarrior
04-04-2020, 10:56 AM
My experience with a couple different 320s is they all shoot pretty well. My 45 Auto seems particularly accurate.

Accuracy could no doubt be improved with a fully fitted barrel and a slide that's tightly fitted to the FCU but to what end? People are already noting the price on the WCP is north of a Grand. I assume a model with fitted barrel and slide would be treading into the $1500 range. Probably not too many takers at that point.

That's the problem. I can get a Bar Sto fitted by Sig Armory cheaper.

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 11:14 AM
That's the problem. I can get a Bar Sto fitted by Sig Armory cheaper.Do you have any experience with the 320 Bar-Sto barrels? Does having one fitted make a tremendous improvement in accuracy?

Eyesquared
04-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Do you have any experience with the 320 Bar-Sto barrels? Does having one fitted make a tremendous improvement in accuracy?

Seems like kind of a loaded question when you start saying things like "tremendous improvement." I'm not sure that any barrel will give a "tremendous" improvement but I have seen some very impressive results from P320s with fitted barrels. There's a pic going around of a 10 round group from one of Max Michel's guns with all but 1 hole touching at 25 yards, it practically looks like a 7 round group.

The point is that Wilson wants upwards of $1k for a P320 with additional slide cuts (not at all necessary IMO) and a DLC finish, no trigger work. I can buy a P320 X5 or P320 X5 Legion and get the exact same function (better in the case of the Legion), but pay $200-300 less. Take that money to the bank, or get a trigger job done by someone with P320 experience, or put in a new barrel, either way the Wilson looks like a waste of money if you care about actual performance and not looks.

Edit: I also think X-TAC is ugly

JonInWA
04-04-2020, 01:03 PM
I could see the Wilson cost-wise being more viable if they increased the quality (in terms of the control module components, both intrinsically/materially and operationally); otherwise it strikes me as an incrementally improved cosmetic effort; hey, if you've got the disposable income, nothing wrong with it, but personally as lwt16 suggests, my money is better spent on ammunition, practice and training with what I've got-and I'm pretty satisfied with how I've got mine configured from SIG, with SIG components.

Best, Jon

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 02:18 PM
I could see the Wilson cost-wise being more viable if they increased the quality (in terms of the control module components, both intrinsically/materially and operationally); otherwise it strikes me as an incrementally improved cosmetic effort; hey, if you've got the disposable income, nothing wrong with it, but personally as lwt16 suggests, my money is better spent on ammunition, practice and training with what I've got-and I'm pretty satisfied with how I've got mine configured from SIG, with SIG components.

Best, JonThis is true in nearly every case and the argument could be made that someone is "better off" buying something like a Ruger Security 9 and a bunch of ammo and/or getting professional instruction over buying something more expensive like a Glock 19.

At some point personal preference/wants/desires come into play. As you say, if a person wants a Wilson Combat 320, there's absolutely no reason he should not buy one. Ideally the theoretical person has money for ammo and training left over after the purchase regardless of which pistpl is bought.

With this said I'd say that the person buying a 320 is more likely to have disposable income for training over the person buying the Ruger.

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 02:23 PM
Seems like kind of a loaded question when you start saying things like "tremendous improvement." I'm not sure that any barrel will give a "tremendous" improvement but I have seen some very impressive results from P320s with fitted barrels. There's a pic going around of a 10 round group from one of Max Michel's guns with all but 1 hole touching at 25 yards, it practically looks like a 7 round group.

The point is that Wilson wants upwards of $1k for a P320 with additional slide cuts (not at all necessary IMO) and a DLC finish, no trigger work. I can buy a P320 X5 or P320 X5 Legion and get the exact same function (better in the case of the Legion), but pay $200-300 less. Take that money to the bank, or get a trigger job done by someone with P320 experience, or put in a new barrel, either way the Wilson looks like a waste of money if you care about actual performance and not looks.

Edit: I also think X-TAC is uglyNot a loaded question at all. I've seen some pretty remarkable improvement in things like 1911s after a new bushing and/or a bushing and barrel. Other guns, the M&P for example, are notoriously inaccurate with the factory barrel. Apex has reportedly figured out how to make a match barrel that changes the M&P radically once installed.

So if a factory 320 will shoot something like 3" at 25 yards with good ammo and then 1.5" with a fitted barrel I'd say that's a tremendous improvement.

Eyesquared
04-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Not a loaded question at all. I've seen some pretty remarkable improvement in things like 1911s after a new bushing and/or a bushing and barrel. Other guns, the M&P for example, are notoriously inaccurate with the factory barrel. Apex has reportedly figured out how to make a match barrel that changes the M&P radically once installed.

So if a factory 320 will shoot something like 3" at 25 yards with good ammo and then 1.5" with a fitted barrel I'd say that's a tremendous improvement.

Sounds about right. I don't know about your guns but my P320 barrel has a decent amount of slop in the slide in the locked position, maybe a few thousandths side to side and fore and aft, so as accurate as it is already, I find it pretty believable that a well fitted barrel would tighten the groups up. Max Michel did field some gear questions on his IG live video last week and he said the Bar Sto does tighten up his groups, although for USPSA he doesn't go around telling people they need to get a match barrel.

This is the photo I was referring to.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/41521125_1845838922202141_3759339244456247296_o.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=ZmjFvyo8K8sAX9tuKZb&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=aec390a21153c25804fb0f216eba67ca&oe=5EAD80C1

Tokarev
04-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Sounds about right. I don't know about your guns but my P320 barrel has a decent amount of slop in the slide in the locked position, maybe a few thousandths side to side and fore and aft, so as accurate as it is already, I find it pretty believable that a well fitted barrel would tighten the groups up. Max Michel did field some gear questions on his IG live video last week and he said the Bar Sto does tighten up his groups, although for USPSA he doesn't go around telling people they need to get a match barrel.

This is the photo I was referring to.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/41521125_1845838922202141_3759339244456247296_o.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=ZmjFvyo8K8sAX9tuKZb&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=aec390a21153c25804fb0f216eba67ca&oe=5EAD80C1Hard to argue with that. Looks at least half the size in the second photo.

I doubt Wilson would install a Bar-Sto barrel. But maybe they would since they don't have a Wilson branded 320 match barrel. At least not yet. Anyway i would seem only logical that they will offer some additional custom extras at some point.

Tokarev
04-06-2020, 08:58 AM
A tiny bit more info:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2020/4/6/first-look-wilson-combat-wcp320-handgun/

JTQ
04-06-2020, 09:18 AM
The first thing I thought of when seeing the slide of the Wilson SIG P320, was Wilson milling off the ribs on the Beretta APX slide and adding the X-Tac serrations.

Bucky
04-07-2020, 06:04 AM
Seems like kind of a loaded question when you start saying things like "tremendous improvement." I'm not sure that any barrel will give a "tremendous" improvement but I have seen some very impressive results from P320s with fitted barrels.

That’s going to depend on your starting point. My 34 couldn’t do 5” at 25 yards, and with a match fit BarSto can do under 2”. I’d call that tremendous.

Bucky
04-07-2020, 06:10 AM
I suspect the reason the wait times are measured in years is because there are so few of them.

Maybe at the very top end, but there are a LOT of people making 1911s, even higher end models.

RND
04-07-2020, 07:35 PM
“That firearm is literally the Tiger King. Glittered up white trash.”

Tokarev
04-08-2020, 01:07 PM
“That firearm is literally the Tiger King. Glittered up white trash.”Dang. Tough crowd...

Is this pistol really all that different than the Wilson Combat 1911? Or Wilson Glock? Or the gussied up Glocks from Salient, Agency, etc? If nothing else I'd guess Wilson Combat is doing a better job of adding some ergonomic or performance mods that make sense as opposed to doing crazy slide lightening cuts and rakish cocking serrations just for the sake of it.

What's really surprising to me is that Wilson (and others like Bar-Sto) are doing stuff with the 320. Reading most of the replies on P-F you'd think the 320 was one of the worst pistols in recent times. Right up there with the Hudson or the Ruger American in terms of boat anchor. But the reality would seem to be that the gun is increasingly popular with consumers who apparently might not know any better...

LockedBreech
04-08-2020, 01:13 PM
I actually quite like the look of the Wilson P320, and I'd trust anything Wilson tuned. I can just get a lot of gun for $1200 (Langdon Tactical 92, Sig Legion P-Series, Springfield TRP) and it's hard to swallow that for a poly gun. Same reason I have a problem with the Salient guns.

AJD21
04-08-2020, 01:37 PM
It’s not much different than a $500 Beretta 92FS vs. a $1000 LTT or Wilson with no mechanical improvements or material improvements to the parts, essentially a “prettier” version with some ergonomic improvements for double the money. And yes I’ve owned them all.

claymore504
04-08-2020, 01:56 PM
This forum is hard on the P320 for sure. I was really into the P320 a couple years ago and it is very popular for sure. I have since moved away since I went DA/SA. I would just not be willing to spend that much money on a P320, mainly when I think it is great right out of the box. That is how I ran mine. Glad to see different companies taking interest in it. Wilson does excellent work.

is it worth the money for someone to get this over a factory P320? Is the extra money worth it for a Sig Legion over a standard model? is the money for an Elite LTT worth is over a stock 92FS? That is up to each person to decide and it is great we have som many choices. Oh and as far as an Elite LTT being just a more pretty 92FS, I can't agree with that. There are performance improvements with the LTT, but that is another topic.

AJD21
04-08-2020, 02:13 PM
I didn’t say it was just prettier so there isn’t any discussion to be had.

Tokarev
04-08-2020, 02:28 PM
So here's something to consider. And this would apply to the Wilson 320 grip module itself as well. Is the trigger guard changed enough in shape that it no longer fits SIG 320 holsters? Probably a leather holster can be made to accommodate but what about a formed kydex rig?

andre3k
04-08-2020, 02:46 PM
I had two Wilson 320's come in yesterday for transfers. Its a nice pistol and the new grip makes a huge difference in ergos although I feel the stippling could be a bit better. They are nice pistols but for 1200 they should come out of the box with the trigger job and an optics cut.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Zincwarrior
04-08-2020, 03:08 PM
I had two Wilson 320's come in yesterday for transfers. Its a nice pistol and the new grip makes a huge difference in ergos although I feel the stippling could be a bit better. They are nice pistols but for 1200 they should come out of the box with the trigger job and an optics cut.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly! The price point requires it given Sig itself sells better 320s at substantial ly cheaper prices.

JonInWA
04-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Dang. Tough crowd...

Is this pistol really all that different than the Wilson Combat 1911? Or Wilson Glock? Or the gussied up Glocks from Salient, Agency, etc? If nothing else I'd guess Wilson Combat is doing a better job of adding some ergonomic or performance mods that make sense as opposed to doing crazy slide lightening cuts and rakish cocking serrations just for the sake of it.

What's really surprising to me is that Wilson (and others like Bar-Sto) are doing stuff with the 320. Reading most of the replies on P-F you'd think the 320 was one of the worst pistols in recent times. Right up there with the Hudson or the Ruger American in terms of boat anchor. But the reality would seem to be that the gun is increasingly popular with consumers who apparently might not know any better...

I don't think that we're unappreciative of Wilson Combat in general, or of their P320 efforts. However, this has always been a pretty realistically based audience, and whether the juice equals the squeeze is pretty much a constant parameter here.

Other more fanboi-based forums would probably be going gaga over the WC P320; not so much here. The problem that WC faces regarding the P320 is that in effect they're competing with SIG directly, and SIG has done some extremely credible efforts and options, especially with the advent of the X frames, a good palette of order-able skus, and other aftermarket component options available at reasonable prices.

And it's not as if there's been a uptick of accuracy issues with the P320 as there was with the first generation of M&P 9mms. So while there's no doubt some benefits to the WC slide and fitted barrel, it sounds more incremental than anything else. So at the end of the day essentially what a buyer is paying premium dollar for is basically aesthetic modifications; nice, but fundamentally probably unnecessary. I continue to think that a basic or X-frame P320 plus a couple of cases of ammunition, training and competition offers a more tangible payoff then the WC effort intrinsically.

But if you genuinely like the WC effort, it certainly is likely a credible choice. But, as in the case we see with bespoke (and especially "semi-custom") 1911s in the secondary market, my suggestion is to get one because you like it and what it offers/resonates with you specifically; I don't see them to be likely appreciating as investments.

Best, Jon

JSGlock34
04-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Again, the SIG M17 is going to be popular with the troops, if only because it isn't the much maligned M9. I'm not impressed with some early reports I've heard about the M17, but I have no doubt that the soldiers who are receiving it think it is a huge improvement over the Beretta. And while I'm a self-professed Beretta nerd, my experience with issue M9s were hardly positive, as most were poorly maintained, and no one ever taught the correct way to run a DA trigger. The M17 may well be an upgrade over a dilapidated and neglected M9.

Wilson is smart to get ahead of the curve. Like it or not, this is the future.

LockedBreech
04-08-2020, 08:30 PM
Again, the SIG M17 is going to be popular with the troops, if only because it isn't the much maligned M9. I'm not impressed with some early reports I've heard about the M17, but I have no doubt that the soldiers who are receiving it think it is a huge improvement over the Beretta. And while I'm a self-professed Beretta nerd, my experience with issue M9s were hardly positive, as most were poorly maintained, and no one ever taught the correct way to run a DA trigger. The M17 may well be an upgrade over a dilapidated and neglected M9.

Wilson is smart to get ahead of the curve. Like it or not, this is the future.

In 10-15 years, wait for the spitting contempt soldiers have for the M17.

Imagine the military issuing regular new factory-spec mags, pins, and springs for the M9, and following factory maintenance intervals...might have won some hearts and minds. Ah well, spilled milk etc. etc.

Tokarev
04-08-2020, 08:58 PM
I continue to think that a basic or X-frame P320 plus a couple of cases of ammunition, training and competition offers a more tangible payoff then the WC effort intrinsically.

No argument that practice needs to be part of the equation. But I will again suggest that the person buying a WCP is probably more likely to shoot it in competition, etc. than the Average Joe who's looking for a general pistol.

spinmove_
04-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Dang. Tough crowd...

It’s not a lot different, no, but I think we’re getting to the point now where “Gucci Glocks” and similar pistols are getting played out as well as similarly adorned plastic fantastics. At least around here anyway. Here at PF we’ve figured out that, generally speaking, all you really need is a decent set of sights or optic, a decent enough trigger action, and a healthy dose of ammo is all you really need for your guns.

PF likes 1911s and wheelguns. Therefore gussied up 1911s and wheelguns are swooned over here. PF does not (in general) like P320s. Therefore they’re generally chastised.

It’s not much different than a $500 Beretta 92FS vs. a $1000 LTT or Wilson with no mechanical improvements or material improvements to the parts, essentially a “prettier” version with some ergonomic improvements for double the money. And yes I’ve owned them all.

I’m going to have to go ahead a completely disagree with you there. I own a 92FS that I’ve put a little money into improving and have enjoyed it’s evolution on my own terms. Handling a straight up Elite LTT side by side with my own is definitely a difference and, given the choice, would totally opt for the Elite LTT if I had to do it all over again. The 92FS is what we had for a long time. The Elite LTT is what the 92FS should have been for a long time now.

Zincwarrior
04-08-2020, 11:16 PM
No argument that practice needs to be part of the equation. But I will again suggest that the person buying a WCP is probably more likely to shoot it in competition, etc. than the Average Joe who's looking for a general pistol.

Hardly. If you are competing you are using a legion. This isn't even in the same ballpark.

Tokarev
04-09-2020, 05:05 PM
Hardly. If you are competing you are using a legion. This isn't even in the same ballpark.What, other than the optics cut, makes the Legion a whole different pistol?

Zincwarrior
04-09-2020, 08:39 PM
What, other than the optics cut, makes the Legion a whole different pistol?

$900 you get Sig 5in with improved trigger, lightened slide, adjustable sights, removable magwell and weighted frame for competition.

The WC version is just a stock 320 with pretty slide cuts.

Tokarev
04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
The WC version is just a stock 320 with pretty slide cuts.

By accounts in the other thread; the WC grip module is a nice upgrade. So the gun is slightly more than just a stock 320 with crosshatch cocking serrations.

Also, does the Legion make IDPA weight limit?

Eyesquared
04-10-2020, 09:41 PM
By accounts in the other thread; the WC grip module is a nice upgrade. So the gun is slightly more than just a stock 320 with crosshatch cocking serrations.

Also, does the Legion make IDPA weight limit?

With the caveat that I don't shoot IDPA, just USPSA, from a cursory read of the rules it will make weight in SSP with the magwell removed. There is a removable steel weight in the grip that is roughly 1.5oz, if you remove that you should be able to leave the magwell on and make weight in ESP.

JSGlock34
04-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Considering where companies like Nighthawk and STI are going, I'd like to see Wilson Combat and SIG collaborate on something like this...while they're at it, they can do the same with Glock...#FactoryRoland

From TFB: MM Compensator Showdown – Single vs Dual Comp Breakdown (https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/04/13/pmm-compensator-showdown-single-vs-dual-comp-breakdown/)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/PMM-Comp-660x371.jpeg

Zincwarrior
04-13-2020, 03:27 PM
With the caveat that I don't shoot IDPA, just USPSA, from a cursory read of the rules it will make weight in SSP with the magwell removed. There is a removable steel weight in the grip that is roughly 1.5oz, if you remove that you should be able to leave the magwell on and make weight in ESP.

Its designed specifically to be at the edge of SSP (and Production before USPSA just increased it) with the magwell removed. With the Magwell its fine for ESP.

Tokarev
04-18-2020, 09:59 AM

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkBoth guns transferred to the same owner or two different people getting a pistol apiece?

Have you had any feedback from the new owner(s)? Any comments on accuracy, etc?

andre3k
04-19-2020, 11:04 PM
Both guns transferred to the same owner or two different people getting a pistol apiece?

Have you had any feedback from the new owner(s)? Any comments on accuracy, etc?

Different people. No feedback on them yet.

Tokarev
04-20-2020, 09:02 AM
Different people. No feedback on them yet.

10-4 thanks. If you hear anything (good or bad) please let us know.

Tokarev
04-30-2020, 07:20 AM
More info:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2020/4/27/range-review-wilson-combat-wcp320-pistol/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0420

lwt16
04-30-2020, 08:08 AM
From the article:

"I only had time to run about 100 rounds through the Wilson before my time was up. I’ll be revisiting this later this year for the print review, but my brief experience was supremely positive. This is a serious, accurate pistol. I didn’t have time to measure group sizes, but I -- a, ahem, mediocre shooter at best -- was easily achieving ragged-hole groups at 10 yards."

Personally, this tells me nothing. 100 rounds and pushing out to ten yards, which may mean something to others, means very little to me as far as accuracy or reliability. I hope that some in my circle buy one so I can at least test it at 25 yards. I have shot other's X5s and they are very accurate at the short line (25y) and there have been no reliability issues that I know of.

I would expect the writer to at least bench it at 25 to see how it does. But maybe I'm just old and all that.

Regards.

Tokarev
04-30-2020, 08:55 AM
From the article:

I’ll be revisiting this later this year for the print review...

Pretty sure more formal accuracy testing is a standard part of Shooting Illustrated print articles.

lwt16
04-30-2020, 10:07 AM
Pretty sure more formal accuracy testing is a standard part of Shooting Illustrated print articles.

I sure hope so. I hope there's also no reliability issues either.

I suspect one guy I know will buy one as soon as he can. He's a retired guy, USPSA shooter.....and he has the Wilson EDC X9. He keeps asking me to shoot it but we haven't had an opportunity to meet. I fixed his P320 for him once (brand new out of spec extractor) and we've become friends since. Really want him to buy this thing so I can see for myself.

Time will tell.

Trooper224
04-30-2020, 11:43 AM
From the article:

"I only had time to run about 100 rounds through the Wilson before my time was up. I’ll be revisiting this later this year for the print review, but my brief experience was supremely positive. This is a serious, accurate pistol. I didn’t have time to measure group sizes, but I -- a, ahem, mediocre shooter at best -- was easily achieving ragged-hole groups at 10 yards."

Personally, this tells me nothing. 100 rounds and pushing out to ten yards, which may mean something to others, means very little to me as far as accuracy or reliability. I hope that some in my circle buy one so I can at least test it at 25 yards. I have shot other's X5s and they are very accurate at the short line (25y) and there have been no reliability issues that I know of.

I would expect the writer to at least bench it at 25 to see how it does. But maybe I'm just old and all that.

Regards.

That's a metric any decently assembled service pistol should be able to achieve. That's gun rag whore speak for, "I have to flesh my article out with some words."

When I helped evaluate the P320 for my old agency during the last pistol trial, I really liked it. That was before the whole not drop-safe fiasco, after which Sig completely dropped the ball with my agency and we went to the Gen. 5 G17. Personally, I have no interest in a pimped out plastic fantastic of any kind As I've said before, they're the Bic lighters of handguns. Use it, trash it, buy another one. Lather, rinse, repeat. They're great service weapons, but nothing I'm going to go Gucci on.

That being said, I think this is a smart move on Wilsons part. If they want to stay healthy and relevant in their niche business they need to adapt and plastics are the future, 1911s are the past. My youngest son (26) spends a lot of time shooting with guys his age, some SpecOps guys included. None of them have any interest in the 1911 of any flavor and they aren't the minority among their generation. I can't remember the last time I saw a 1911 on the range that wasn't one of mine. When was the last time anyone attended a class where there were a significant number of 1911s in evidence, that wasn't a 1911centric class? Whether any of these modifications are actually needed or redefining isn't the issue. If nothing else, they'll appeal to the crowd that wants to stand out among their bros with their box stock plastic fantastics. That's the area where most custom and semi-custom firearms fall these days anyway. Like other boutique makers, Wilson has correctly identified where the future of their business is.

lwt16
04-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Like other boutique makers, Wilson has correctly identified where the future of their business is.

Oh I agree....but at that price point, reliability as well as target grade (or as close to it as possible) accuracy is going to have to be there for me personally. And while I am not yet into optics even though it looms on the horizon due to age, an optics cut is going to have to be there as well.

I have read on here of others having to send their Wilson 9s back for reliability issues. Apparently Wilson was quick to fix them so good on them for that. Not sure I would be happy with that price point and having drama associated with it.

I just purchased a police trade in P226 in .40 S&W and it should be here next week. I'm hoping it does well at 25 yards out of the packaging as, like you said, any service pistol should do "one ragged hole" at ten yards. And we here won't consider the gun reliable until 500 rounds minimum have ran through it.

Again, I hope my buddy buys a Wilson 320. I wanna B8 rc the thing at 25 bad.

Regards.

Tokarev
04-30-2020, 12:56 PM
I have read on here of others having to send their Wilson 9s back for reliability issues. Apparently Wilson was quick to fix them so good on them for that. Not sure I would be happy with that price point and having drama associated with it.

Any company can, and does, turn out a turd now and again. I think what's more important is how the company responds to customer complaints. Does the company argue or blame the customer and/or the ammo? Does the company listen to concerns and then address the concerns as quickly and competely as possible? This includes shipping both ways. That irks me when I have to pay return shipping only to have the company admit some type of QC error later.

With all that said, WC should be doing more test fire and/or using more varied ammo if they're having QC problems. Part of the premium price is a belief that the gun will work out of the box with no real drama.

And we here won't consider the gun reliable until 500 rounds minimum have ran through it.

Why the arbitrary number? Why not 250 or 1000 rounds? Always a good idea to test a particular pistol or load before carry but I doubt most people will take their Glock 19 out and put 500 rounds through it before feeling confident that it'll work. I know the 500 rounds thing most likely carries over from Dave Lauck and others but that was with regard to a tuned 1911 no?

lwt16
04-30-2020, 01:03 PM
Why the arbitrary number? Why not 250 or 1000 rounds?

It's all I can currently find at a decent cost. Delivers today, as a matter of fact. Pistol won't arrive until Monday soonest.....and I can't do the transfer until Tuesday.

Plus, it's all that I can afford right now. Covid19 hit the lwt16 family (son furloughed/wife's hours cut back) a tad. 1/2 a case will be more of a basic function test to ensure that an extractor doesn't need replacing or other issues with police trade ins.

Been in LE since 1996 so I've seen my share of cops loading chambers by dropping the same old round in the chamber and dropping the slide. Pretty good chance this P226 has seen treatment like that.....so ten boxes of bullets is getting spent in one or two range trips. Not to mention the fact that whoever had it issued to them in the past might have been the "low left" guy/gal and it might need sight adjustments and whatnot. I'm sure the tritium is done but the funds to replace them if they are aren't there right now.

Plus, it only ships with one magazine.....and if it happily eats 500, more mags will be ordered that night. We like six mags per pistol here.

Make sense?

Zincwarrior
04-30-2020, 01:33 PM
Part of the difficulty on this specific pistol is that Wilson is competing directly against Sig's higher end X series pistols. It does have a cool slide and grip. I would have noted in their marketing sheet accuracy or something to show how its better, given the price point.

akaSigFreak
05-15-2020, 09:00 PM
I read all the posts and most came to the same conclusion: 'Too Much Money For What Wilson Did'.
Well- I have a problem with following others so I had to get one. I will say I was not impressed with the X5 Legion, but the Wilson Combat WCP320 feels so right to me. I saw a post in another group which did a cost analysis. To buy a stock P320, Have a Top-Tier Company make a custom slide (It is not simply milling a stock P320 Slide), the Grip Module, the Sights and the DLC Coating on the Slide & Barrel- the price is right in line. And no matter what you do to Your P320- it will never be a Wilson Combat Pistol with a WC S/N.

usmc_k9_vet
05-16-2020, 12:15 AM
I couldn’t care less about having a WC serial number. Wilson Combat ain’t what it used to be. They’ve sacrificed a lot of build quality on their 1911s to grow their business, and grow their business they have. Berettas, Glocks, Sigs, oh my! Wilson Combat is simply in it for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCountyGuy
05-16-2020, 05:35 AM
I read all the posts and most came to the same conclusion: 'Too Much Money For What Wilson Did'.
Well- I have a problem with following others so I had to get one. I will say I was not impressed with the X5 Legion, but the Wilson Combat WCP320 feels so right to me. I saw a post in another group which did a cost analysis. To buy a stock P320, Have a Top-Tier Company make a custom slide (It is not simply milling a stock P320 Slide), the Grip Module, the Sights and the DLC Coating on the Slide & Barrel- the price is right in line. And no matter what you do to Your P320- it will never be a Wilson Combat Pistol with a WC S/N.

That’s cool and all, but there’s still no optics cut. I get they make their own slides (what’s wrong with the stock slide again?) but at this point in time if you’re putting out your own Gucci gun and you don’t have it optics ready you’re obviously not paying attention to the market.

1911Nut
05-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Wilson Combat is simply in it for the money.

I'm shocked! I really thought Wilson Combat was "in it" simply from the goodness of their hearts.

Thankfully, none of the other folks in the custom firearm business are in just so they can make money, but just so we can have nice things and they can feel good about their contributions to our happiness.

usmc_k9_vet
05-16-2020, 01:33 PM
I'm shocked! I really thought Wilson Combat was "in it" simply from the goodness of their hearts.

Thankfully, none of the other folks in the custom firearm business are in just so they can make money, but just so we can have nice things and they can feel good about their contributions to our happiness.

There’s a balance to making money and putting out garbage product and everything under the sun. Wilson Combat used to focus on building great 1911s. By doing so, they made some money, built a business and brand, and put out a good product. Now, Wilson does not focus on building great 1911s, they focus on meh 1911s, ARs, marketing, Berettas, Sigs, Glocks, and whatever other popular items they think they can sell to you. By doing so, they no longer put out any exceptional products and have become just mediocre with everything they do, but I guess that’s a bit difficult for you to see.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2020, 01:34 PM
That’s cool and all, but there’s still no optics cut. I get they make their own slides (what’s wrong with the stock slide again?) but at this point in time if you’re putting out your own Gucci gun and you don’t have it optics ready you’re obviously not paying attention to the market.
My stock X5 slide is great. Plus it has adjustable sights and is optics ready and it's half the price.

1911Nut
05-16-2020, 01:56 PM
There’s a balance to making money and putting out garbage product and everything under the sun. Wilson Combat used to focus on building great 1911s. By doing so, they made some money, built a business and brand, and put out a good product. Now, Wilson does not focus on building great 1911s, they focus on meh 1911s, ARs, marketing, Berettas, Sigs, Glocks, and whatever other popular items they think they can sell to you. By doing so, they no longer put out any exceptional products and have become just mediocre with everything they do, but I guess that’s a bit difficult for you to see.

The balance you reference between making money and "putting out garbage products" is typically self-correcting, regardless of the business.

You are correct. It is a bit difficult for me to see that Wilson Combat no longer focuses on making great 1911's and that they have lost their balance and now focus on making "meh" products, "garbage" products, and "everything under the sun".

Perhaps that's because my personal experience with products make by Wilson Combat has not supported your viewpoint. But you are certainly welcome to hold that viewpoint.

However, I do agree with your opinion that they appear to be focusing on making "other products they think they can sell you".

I just don't see why making products you think you can sell is an issue that should offend me.

HCM
05-16-2020, 02:11 PM

Wilson’s core business has been “hot rodding” US Service pistols. The 1911 has not been a general issue item for nearly half a century. Beretta 92s, Glock 19s,to a limited degree Glock 22s and 35s, and now the SIG 320 are all current or more recent US Service pistols.

I’ve been pretty happy with my wilson Berettas.
The Wilson 320 as a complete gun seems like a fail without an optics option but I do like their new grip shell.

usmc_k9_vet
05-16-2020, 03:00 PM
Wilson’s core business has been “hot rodding” US Service pistols. The 1911 has not been a general issue item for nearly half a century. Beretta 92s, Glock 19s,to a limited degree Glock 22s and 35s, and now the SIG 320 are all current or more recent US Service pistols.

I’ve been pretty happy with my wilson Berettas.
The Wilson 320 as a complete gun seems like a fail without an optics option but I do like their new grip shell.

I think that is a bit misleading. Wilson Combat did not start and set out with the core business model of "hot rodding" US Service pistols. Maybe that is what they've turned into, but that was never their claim to fame. They originally modified, upgraded, then made 1911s, because Bill Wilson was a competition shooter. The gun that he was modifying and building just so happened to be a US Service pistol.

I have also been happy with my Wilson Berettas. Their 1911s.. not so much. I bought my Wilson Berettas back when I feel Wilson was at the tail end of putting out exceptional products (about 5 years ago or so). Since then, they've gone off the deep end, in my opinion. As a business and a company, I am sure they are doing great and making all kinds of cash, but if you really know their products and have been following them for some time, well they're just not what they used to be.

HCM
05-16-2020, 03:20 PM
I think that is a bit misleading. Wilson Combat did not start and set out with the core business model of "hot rodding" US Service pistols. Maybe that is what they've turned into, but that was never their claim to fame. They originally modified, upgraded, then made 1911s, because Bill Wilson was a competition shooter. The gun that he was modifying and building just so happened to be a US Service pistol.

I have also been happy with my Wilson Berettas. Their 1911s.. not so much. I bought my Wilson Berettas back when I feel Wilson was at the tail end of putting out exceptional products (about 5 years ago or so). Since then, they've gone off the deep end, in my opinion. As a business and a company, I am sure they are doing great and making all kinds of cash, but if you really know their products and have been following them for some time, well they're just not what they used to be.

No one is good at e erything and everyone has failures.

They’ve had their share of dead ends and failures along the way. Mostly proprietary pistols like the little compact from south Africa and the rebranded Israeli BUL high cap guns. I was never really taken with their X9 either.

Their ARs are not bad but were never anything special- certainly not the AR equvilents of their 1911s. Their shotguns are solid but they were not really a Wilson development, they merely acquired the already excellent scattergun technologies And then we’re smart enough not to fix what was broken.

Given the buying and shooting habits of people here on PF I’m pretty sure If there were a dramatic drop in Wilson quality we would’ve heard about it here.

Though I am disappointed in Wilson’s initial P3 20 offering I think they are smart to expand into guns beyond the 1911. I’ve met many younger shooters including military and law-enforcement members who know nothing but polymer frame striker guns and look at 1911s the way we would look at a cult Cappin ball revolver. Along those lines I think Wilson is late to the game in adapting to red dots, Especially given their market includes higher and guns and many older shooters who benefit more from the red dot than those with younger eyes.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2020, 04:58 PM
I would agree that turning out a 320 is just fine if there is value besides the name. But other than making the slide pretty there has been no statement of what else they have done to improve it. This is especially problematic given that Sig literally has three models that are improved 320s.

In essence how is this better than the X5 variant?

Baldanders
05-16-2020, 11:18 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if the custom 1911 market isn’t reduced by half 15 years from now. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was bigger and better than ever by then. A LOT of this depends on what the politicians do. If there’s another nationwide mag ban, I could see the 1911 making a noticeable comeback. Without that, I think the plastic fantastics are gonna keep pushing the 1911 market further and further down. And like I said, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the leaders in that market for a long time. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see other companies in the custom 1911 biz come out with packages for Glock and the 320

Even if the law ends up favoring single stack guns, any popular "1911" that would get mass attention would be a polymer gun because of price.

Tokarev
06-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Wilson has added a new Carry model to the line.

I like the standard P320 Carry. It is a nice balanced pistol. The full-size feels a little top heavy but I haven't really found that to be the case with the Carry.

I wonder if Wilson will also add a manual safety option at some point.

https://youtu.be/gTnnFpYTOIw

Tokarev
07-24-2020, 05:07 PM
NRA Gun of the Week:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/7/24/nra-gun-of-the-week-wilson-combat-wcp320/

Tokarev
09-01-2020, 10:48 AM
New from Garand Thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kp8YRhZag0

I see his test pistol has an RMR and he mentions the slide is cut to direct accept an ACRO. Still nothing about optics on the Wilson Combat website. At least not that I see.

lwt16
09-01-2020, 11:51 AM
New from Garand Thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kp8YRhZag0

I see his test pistol has an RMR and he mentions the slide is cut to direct accept an ACRO. Still nothing about optics on the Wilson Combat website. At least not that I see.

Yeah, I watched that today on my lunch break and wondered when they started milling for optics.

HCM
09-01-2020, 12:25 PM

And the 1911 is... a long serving US Service pistol that people hod rodded for competition. While Bill Wilson himself started modifying guns for competition, a big part of what "made" WC as a business was they were some of the first to offer semi custom "hard use" 1911s to folksin LE and MIL who had that as an option at work.

Regardless the point was saying because "X" makes 320 parts or a modified version of the 320 it must be good to go is incredibly naive.

The adoption of the P320 by the .MIL put the on the map. It's currently the #2 SFA gun behind Glock.

SIG has produced over 1,000,000 P320s since 2014. As the Russians say, quantity has a quality all it's own.

Tokarev
10-12-2020, 11:42 AM

I talked to Tressa at Wilson Combat this morning. She told me the Wilson True Zero red dot mounting plates (and slide machining services) should be available for the 320 in another month or six weeks.

JSGlock34
11-20-2020, 11:57 PM
Vickers shows off a Wilson Combat P320 with an Aimpoint Acro in this video that he describes it as 'almost a pre-production prototype' of a forthcoming WC optics-ready model. Apparently the standard models are selling quickly at Wilson Combat so the optics-ready model has been somewhat delayed. Go to the 22 minute mark for the discussion of this model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGp8VccQNaE

John Hearne
11-21-2020, 08:34 AM
I watched the Vickers video and came away convinced that he doesn’t have the same level of knowledge in regards to the P320 as he does the 1911 or M-4.

Tokarev
11-21-2020, 08:35 AM
I watched the Vickers video and came away convinced that he doesn’t have the same level of knowledge in regards to the P320 as he does the 1911 or M-4.

No. And he admits that he doesn't have as much time with the 320 as he does with other stuff.

I look forward to seeing what he and Tango Down come up with. Also glad to see Wilson is close to having the optics ready version ready.

Tokarev
05-07-2021, 07:41 PM
A recent review from American Rifleman:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/5/5/review-wilson-combat-wcp320

One comment I have is the editing. The article says the 9 and 45 can be converted into one and the other. Unless something has changed with the design that isn't the case.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Tokarev
05-08-2021, 07:59 AM
And Richard Mann's take:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2021/1/27/review-wilson-combat-wcp320-handgun?NRARelatedContent=true

Tokarev
10-05-2021, 05:42 PM
Now with optics mounting system. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211005/4749e737cd64c6a38b2f3025d0c2bbcf.jpg

HeavyDuty
10-05-2021, 09:16 PM
Now with optics mounting system. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211005/4749e737cd64c6a38b2f3025d0c2bbcf.jpg

Does the ACRO sit that much lower?

Kirk
10-05-2021, 11:44 PM

Gotta admit, I love it.

The Wilson Combat grip frame is by far my favorite. It truly does feel similar to a 1911 to me, which has the best grip angle for my hands. I'll be buying one of these soon.

Noah
10-06-2021, 05:09 AM
Does the ACRO sit that much lower?

The Acro is direct milled while the RMR/DPP use a thick plate due to the profile of their slide.

HeavyDuty
10-06-2021, 06:48 AM
The Acro is direct milled while the RMR/DPP use a thick plate due to the profile of their slide.

I won’t lie. The idea of an ACRO equipped model with a MS FCU gives me a chubby.

I’m not seeing them on the Wilson website?

John Hearne
10-06-2021, 09:26 AM
I won’t lie. The idea of an ACRO equipped model with a MS FCU gives me a chubby.

If not the MS then there is this: http://www.agencyarms.com/sig-p320-compatible-drop-in-trigger

Tokarev
10-06-2021, 09:55 AM

I’m not seeing them on the Wilson website?Have I mentioned this already?

A shop dba AB Prototype will cut an existing chassis for the thumb safety. I have thought about sending him my 45. I probably will one of these days.

Along these same lines, I think it would be interesting to make a WCP320 M17 or M18. A Wilson 320 cut for a thumb safety and optic with a tan grip module and Cerakote slide.

HeavyDuty
10-06-2021, 01:55 PM
If not the MS then there is this: http://www.agencyarms.com/sig-p320-compatible-drop-in-trigger

Not without a Gadget. For me, P320 (and P365) is manual safety only if it will be carried.

Have I mentioned this already?

A shop dba AB Prototype will cut an existing chassis for the thumb safety. I have thought about sending him my 45. I probably will one of these days.

Along these same lines, I think it would be interesting to make a WCP320 M17 or M18. A Wilson 320 cut for a thumb safety and optic with a tan grip module and Cerakote slide.

I picked up a black M18 with MS and dropped it in a WC compact grip module. I’m most of the way there, it’s just the low ACRO on that WC gun is hugely appealing. I’ve thought about contracting AB to cut my X5 Legion FCU for standardization, but I’ll never carry the thing so it seems a waste.

MDFA
04-16-2022, 11:00 AM
I picked up a new Wilson WCP 320C the other day. I really like the ergonomics of their frame over the factory M18. I only had the chance to put 100 rounds thru it at the indoor range, but I was pleased with the results. It definitely prefers 115 gr. as 147gr. is 3 inches high POI vs the POA. This group is 50 rounds of my 115gr. reloads, standing rested on a sandbag on top of my shooting bag at 10 yds to check the sights. It has the Grayguns Competition Trigger system, I changed the springs over to the intermediate ones which brought the trigger to 3lbs 8oz. vs 2lbs 10 oz as it came. I may install the stock springs with the rest of the Grayguns components to bring the trigger pull up a bit more. So far I'm impressed.

POA was the bottom edge of the target paster.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-16-2022, 11:45 AM
These Wilson Compact give me a slight chubby, why so many nice things have to cost so much? $1410 for a gunsmithed trigger version is steep, worth the squeeze to save up for as an EDC option?

Tokarev
04-16-2022, 12:01 PM
Are they shipping these with the Wilson optics mounting system yet?

MDFA
04-16-2022, 12:17 PM
Are they shipping these with the Wilson optics mounting system yet?

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/NW-SIG76_L.jpg

It would appear that they are.

MDFA
04-16-2022, 12:22 PM
These Wilson Compact give me a slight chubby, why so many nice things have to cost so much? $1410 for a gunsmithed trigger version is steep, worth the squeeze to save up for as an EDC option?

I think so. It is a huge improvement over my M18. I agree it is a lot of money. But some people spend huge money for safe queens, or slides cut with windows in them etc.

HeavyDuty
04-16-2022, 12:23 PM
I think only TheNewbie and I care, but I wish Wilson would do manual safety variants of these.

MDFA
04-16-2022, 12:26 PM
I think only TheNewbie and I care, but I wish Wilson would do manual safety variants of these.

Agreed...

Tokarev
04-16-2022, 12:27 PM
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/NW-SIG76_L.jpg

It would appear that they are.

Is that the multi-optic system or a dedicated ACRO cut?

As I understand it, Wilson has a system they are using on the Glock and the EDC X9 that will be (or maybe is now) made available for the 320.

Tokarev
04-16-2022, 12:28 PM
Agreed...

I'd welcome this also.

Another thing, as I think I've mentioned, would be a 45 Auto grip module.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-16-2022, 12:35 PM

As I understand it, Wilson has a system they are using on the Glock and the EDC X9 that will be (or maybe is now) made available for the 320.

That is good to know, I can be patient but that might be enough data to tip me over the edge when the funds clear.

I'm on the fence about the safety, I don't like them in general but I imagine this would be like carrying 1911 cocked and unlocked 100%

MDFA
04-16-2022, 12:39 PM

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-COM ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-CP ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW528 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW583 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW592 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW594 ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW687 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW688 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW688 ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-909TFOG //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-909TFOR ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-953TWB ///////////////////////////////////////////////
Slide Cut for Carry Optic, SIG P320
Carry Optic Mount for SIG (Not Needed for Aimpoint ACRO)
Cover Plate for Carry Optic Cut, P320
#NW528 | Install Leupold Delta Point Pro on SIG P320
#NW583 | Install Leupold Delta Point Rear Sight on SIG P320
#NW592 | Install Trijicon RMR® 3.25 MOA on SIG P320
#NW594 | Install Trijicon RMR® 6.5 MOA on SIG P320
#NW687 | Install Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED, 2.5 MOA
#NW688 | Install Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED, 5.0 MOA
#NW686 | Aimpoint, ACRO P-1, 3.5 MOA
Vickers Elite Snag Free Front Sight for Sig Sauer, Tall Green Fiber Optic
Vickers Elite Snag Free Front Sight for Sig Sauer, Tall Red Fiber Optic
Wilson Combat Battlesight for Sig Sauer, Tall, U-Notch, Black Serrrated Blade
$

Tokarev
04-16-2022, 12:47 PM
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-COM ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-CP ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW528 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW583 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW592 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW594 ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW687 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW688 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-NW688 ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-909TFOG //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-909TFOR ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SIG-953TWB ///////////////////////////////////////////////
Slide Cut for Carry Optic, SIG P320
Carry Optic Mount for SIG (Not Needed for Aimpoint ACRO)
Cover Plate for Carry Optic Cut, P320
#NW528 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW528) | Install Leupold Delta Point Pro on SIG P320
#NW583 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW583) | Install Leupold Delta Point Rear Sight on SIG P320
#NW592 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW592) | Install Trijicon RMR[emoji2400] 3.25 MOA on SIG P320
#NW594 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW594) | Install Trijicon RMR[emoji2400] 6.5 MOA on SIG P320
#NW687 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW687) | Install Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED, 2.5 MOA
#NW688 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW688) | Install Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED, 5.0 MOA
#NW686 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=NW686) | Aimpoint, ACRO P-1, 3.5 MOA
Vickers Elite Snag Free Front Sight for Sig Sauer, Tall Green Fiber Optic
Vickers Elite Snag Free Front Sight for Sig Sauer, Tall Red Fiber Optic
Wilson Combat Battlesight for Sig Sauer, Tall, U-Notch, Black Serrrated Blade
$
65Thanks. Where's this info from and/or posted on the WC site?

Biggy
04-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Thanks. Where's this info from and/or posted on the WC site?

Below is a link to more info on the Wilson / Larry Vicker's Combat P320 pistol. They did an ACRO optic cut on the one they built for Larry Vicker's. At 2:10 in the Vid below. You would think they would offer this as an option at some point, and maybe they do.

https://youtu.be/tv5qpp7p7hU

MDFA
04-16-2022, 03:36 PM
Thanks. Where's this info from and/or posted on the WC site?

Wilson's website, go to the Custom Work tab and go to Sig Custom work, go to the Custom Work Form.
Hope this helps.

Tokarev
04-16-2022, 04:11 PM
Wilson's website, go to the Custom Work tab and go to Sig Custom work, go to the Custom Work Form.
Hope this helps.[emoji106]

TheNewbie
04-16-2022, 07:21 PM

The 320 is driving me insane. I read something that tells me to buy one, then something that says don’t, then something that says do it , then don’t do it....

I handle one and don’t like the “feel” but love the safety. Then I read just change to a WC grip....

What I need is more money so I can just experiment for as long as I’m alive.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-16-2022, 08:27 PM
The 320 is driving me insane. I read something that tells me to buy one, then something that says don’t, then something that says do it , then don’t do it....

I handle one and don’t like the “feel” but love the safety. Then I read just change to a WC grip....

What I need is more money so I can just experiment for as long as I’m alive.

I actually see the possibility that the 320 can unseat the Glock's position on the throne, given the military contract and growing LE contracts. They are my next pistol purchase I believe, thinking I may just go with a straight M18 to get the safety option and high cap mags. I just took the plunge on a Deltapoint Pro which mounts direct, even thought I bought it for another pistol, so along with the FDE it's a very tempting package.

Not to mention that I've always wanted to get something the military is using for shits. Been eyeing M9A4&M9A3 for years now but I just can't see myself carrying such a beast as I'm just a guy. The M18 seems like the duty ready pistol of the future with all the modurity, who knows what will spawn off the basic design in the future. Must have, IMO. I've put it off for too long now but I just bought a holster so I'm committed now.

It will probably be followed by a P365 actually, that's what's been throwing a wrench in it for me is which to get first. I really see SIG as being one of the only companies engineering and innovating lately on a large scale. It used to be H&K but with all their money issues it seems they've taken a more conservative route. SIG cannot go wrong with anything they draw up and produce, even if they can't get it right at launch.

TheNewbie
04-16-2022, 08:49 PM
I actually see the possibility that the 320 can unseat the Glock's position on the throne, given the military contract and growing LE contracts. They are my next pistol purchase I believe, thinking I may just go with a straight M18 to get the safety option and high cap mags. I just took the plunge on a Deltapoint Pro which mounts direct, even thought I bought it for another pistol, so along with the FDE it's a very tempting package.

Not to mention that I've always wanted to get something the military is using for shits. Been eyeing M9A4&M9A3 for years now but I just can't see myself carrying such a beast as I'm just a guy. The M18 seems like the duty ready pistol of the future with all the modurity, who knows what will spawn off the basic design in the future. Must have, IMO. I've put it off for too long now but I just bought a holster so I'm committed now.

It will probably be followed by a P365 actually, that's what's been throwing a wrench in it for me is which to get first. I really see SIG as being one of the only companies engineering and innovating lately on a large scale. It used to be H&K but with all their money issues it seems they've taken a more conservative route. SIG cannot go wrong with anything they draw up and produce, even if they can't get it right at launch.

Oh yeah I agree. If Glock had a factory TS option as well done as the 320 or even as good as the M&P, I would be all Glock all day. That’s probably never going to happen.

I prefer all black guns, so I’m not too attracted to the FDE. Other the three M 17/18, the only factory 320 with a TS is the MA compliant model. Though I guess I could just get a Wilson module for the M series and solve that issue.

HeavyDuty
04-16-2022, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah I agree. If Glock had a factory TS option as well done as the 320 or even as good as the M&P, I would be all Glock all day. That’s probably never going to happen.

I prefer all black guns, so I’m not too attracted to the FDE. Other the three M 17/18, the only factory 320 with a TS is the MA compliant model. Though I guess I could just get a Wilson module for the M series and solve that issue.

You can do what I did and seek out a black M18 - they are out there and may be easier to find from a LE dealer.

Not HighSpeed
04-16-2022, 09:17 PM

I actually went the other way and bought an 365xl first and now have added an M18. I will play with a few grip modules even though the Xcompact pro is really probably the one I wanted from the beginning lol.

TheNewbie
04-16-2022, 09:46 PM
You can do what I did and seek out a black M18 - they are out there and may be easier to find from a LE dealer.

Vida es mas difícil ahora.

This is getting difficult to say no. I had no idea those existed.

HeavyDuty
04-16-2022, 10:26 PM

https://thesigapp.com/sig-sauer-m18-black-p320-carry-3-9-9mm.html

W320CA-9-M18-MS-BLK

Bucky
04-17-2022, 05:32 AM

That would be intriguing.

MDFA
09-10-2022, 04:51 PM

I EDC mine and I'm very happy with it.

Tokarev
09-10-2022, 06:02 PM
Wilson has some 320 Compact stuff available.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/WCP320-Modules/products/1269/

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Compact/products/1539/

LockedBreech
09-12-2022, 11:45 AM

I got the LE distributor black M17. I had little interest in the P320 and no interest in their poopy tan color.

I love this gun. It is superb. Time will tell but the crow is fully being eaten en este momento.

HeavyDuty
09-12-2022, 08:08 PM
I got the LE distributor black M17. I had little interest in the P320 and no interest in their poopy tan color.

I love this gun. It is superb. Time will tell but the crow is fully being eaten en este momento.

I wanted to try one, but I wanted a manual safety compact and the black M18 was the only readily available SKU. I’m quite happy.

LockedBreech
09-12-2022, 09:39 PM
I wanted to try one, but I wanted a manual safety compact and the black M18 was the only readily available SKU. I’m quite happy.

Ironic, I'd have preferred the black M18 but ended up loving the M17.

John Hearne
09-13-2022, 09:44 AM
I own and carry several P320s. They are all 4.7" or 5" barrel models. I've never found the extra barrel very hard to conceal. My primary off-duty gun is a full-size P320 cut to take compact magazines. There is just enough grip length for me to control the gun but it conceals easier.