PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus (and panic buying) killing BATFE?

jc000
03-24-2020, 04:19 PM
I’ve got a couple items I’m waiting on and I’m wondering if current events is wreaking havoc on the NFA process. I can’t imagine a lot of resources are being applied to the tax stamp process. Anyone have any insights on this virus’ and subsequent shutdown / nationwide freakout’s effect on NFA processing?

CleverNickname
03-24-2020, 07:23 PM
Apparently ATF examiners can WFH to do eForms processing. Not sure about paper forms.

Magsz
03-25-2020, 02:06 AM
I’ve got a couple items I’m waiting on and I’m wondering if current events is wreaking havoc on the NFA process. I can’t imagine a lot of resources are being applied to the tax stamp process. Anyone have any insights on this virus’ and subsequent shutdown / nationwide freakout’s effect on NFA processing?

I would imagine that we are going to be waiting a really long time.

Nephrology
03-25-2020, 01:01 PM
the FFL with my pistol can was exposed to the virus and hasn't responded to my emails lately...

jc000
03-30-2020, 12:29 PM
the FFL with my pistol can was exposed to the virus and hasn't responded to my emails lately...

Yikes, sorry to hear!

Trooper224
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
All of this reinforces the view that, when you need something that's not the time to obtain it.

jc000
03-30-2020, 04:06 PM
Who can predict when the gubment’s gonna shut down America? I mean you got to make the purchase at some point in time…

JAH 3rd
04-01-2020, 08:22 AM
Local sheriff spanked by judge.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/wake-county-sheriff-must-resume-processing-pistol-purchase-permits-judge-rules/

Borderland
04-01-2020, 09:25 AM
Local sheriff spanked by judge.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/wake-county-sheriff-must-resume-processing-pistol-purchase-permits-judge-rules/

“I’m very pleased with Judge Shirley’s ruling,” Baker said in a news release. “I believe the court’s review of the entire situation reveals that my primary purpose has always been, and will continue to be, to protect the safety and welfare of my staff, Wake County citizens and the jail residents housed in the Wake County Public Safety Center.”

Black belt master of spin. He'll go far in politics.