PDA

View Full Version : Fist-Fire - Thoughts?

rsa-otc
05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I was over on southNarc's Total Protection Interactive site and came accross this thread: http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15295

It describes another way to shoot. The originator of the method claims less stress on the shooting arm. Since I've been having pain in my dominate arm lately it perked my interest. He also claims that by having the tension to hold the gun concentrated in the support hand it free's up the trigger finger causing less sight displacement.

Anyone have any experiance or thoughts before I totaly mess up my current training methodology trying this out?

vaglocker
05-15-2012, 08:33 AM
I took the FIST fire class from D.R Middlebrooks several years ago. He is a good guy and has some really interesting ideas when it comes to grip etc.. To this day I use a modifed FIST fire technique when I shoot. It really helps in managing the recoil of the pistol. For what it's worth I believe he was Daniel Horner's coach before he joined the Army shooting team.

YVK
05-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Very-very limited experience here. Somebody highly recommended it, I bought two of their DVDs, watched them and didn't find anything motivational enough to take a class.

beltjones
05-15-2012, 10:05 AM
I read through the materials and watched a couple of videos, but I can't see where what he is teaching is that revolutionary, not that revolutionary is necessarily good or bad. I just felt like I had seen that material before.