PDA

View Full Version : Kopis/EdsManifesto “L-Via” knife

PNWTO
03-17-2020, 09:42 PM
Anyone pick one up from the initial run? Looks pretty neat.

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/kopis-designs/

The more often I wind up wearing business casual/professional the more a fixed blade in the pocket appeals to me. Between this and the Ban Tang pocket models geared for RGEI it looks like I’ll be burning some refund money.

SeriousStudent
03-17-2020, 10:12 PM
I saw those, and went a different route. I carry a Joe Watson Pikal bolted onto on a Chris Fry Pocket Shield. It also has clips for a light and OC. Slides right in a front pocket of my work slacks.

For a suit, I have a Ban Tang titanium Clinch Pick on a velcro tab under the suit vest, and a Glock 43 in an interior suit pocket holster. A S&W 342 in a Alessi ankle rig completes the ensemble.

I got the idea after chatting with Darryl Bolke one night over whiskey and cigars. He mentioned how Frank Hamer had leather holsters sewn into the interior of his suit.

My work attire varies from jeans and Keens when working with the minions, to a three-piece suit when presenting at board meetings. Tools and techniques are tailored for the tasks at hand.

Totem Polar
03-17-2020, 10:31 PM
Anyone pick one up from the initial run? Looks pretty neat.

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/kopis-designs/

The more often I wind up wearing business casual/professional the more a fixed blade in the pocket appeals to me. Between this and the Ban Tang pocket models geared for RGEI it looks like I’ll be burning some refund money.

Somehow, I missed this, so thanks for the heads up. Looks pretty cool, in a creeper sort of way.

joker581
03-18-2020, 07:07 PM
I got two of them(one in each finish). I like them but I need to work out a pocket carry method that works a little better for me as they seem to shift in my pocket a bit more than I really care for.

Johnny Walker
03-19-2020, 10:33 AM
I saw those, and went a different route. I carry a Joe Watson Pikal bolted onto on a Chris Fry Pocket Shield. It also has clips for a light and OC. Slides right in a front pocket of my work slacks.

For a suit, I have a Ban Tang titanium Clinch Pick on a velcro tab under the suit vest, and a Glock 43 in an interior suit pocket holster. A S&W 342 in a Alessi ankle rig completes the ensemble.

I got the idea after chatting with Darryl Bolke one night over whiskey and cigars. He mentioned how Frank Hamer had leather holsters sewn into the interior of his suit.

My work attire varies from jeans and Keens when working with the minions, to a three-piece suit when presenting at board meetings. Tools and techniques are tailored for the tasks at hand.

I need to find a friendly tailor to mod my clothes accordingly...

That Guy
03-20-2020, 01:48 AM
I need to work out a pocket carry method that works a little better for me as they seem to shift in my pocket a bit more than I really care for.

Dummy cording the sheath to your pocket might (with a short enough cord) help some?

joker581
03-20-2020, 07:10 AM
Dummy cording the sheath to your pocket might (with a short enough cord) help some?

I’m thinking I’m going to try some of that rubber textured grip tape on it(I can’t remember the brand) first. Just different pocket placement may help too.

RevolverRob
03-20-2020, 02:56 PM
Definitely interested, more pointy than other hawkbill type knives, which should help with stabbing.

FYI - at some point in the next ~24 months there will be a folding version made by Emerson Knives.

PNWTO
03-20-2020, 04:02 PM
Definitely interested, more pointy than other hawkbill type knives, which should help with stabbing.

FYI - at some point in the next ~24 months there will be a folding version made by Emerson Knives.

I saw that, can’t wait!