PDA

View Full Version : Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

Thy.Will.Be.Done
03-10-2020, 07:38 PM
These seem to be quite promising, but there is little to nothing online to be found from actual (non-paid) consumers sharing their findings with these rifles. Hopefully somebody here has some experience with them at this point... anybody?

WobblyPossum
03-10-2020, 09:20 PM
I picked up an 11.5” Super Duty upper during the recent sale but haven’t had a chance to shoot it since I haven’t assembled the pistol lower yet. It will likely be a few more months before I can complete the lower. I’m also very interested in any information other members can share. I’ve been unable to find reports from sources I’d take seriously about them. I’m mostly interested in info about accuracy of the barrels and the reliability/durability of the REBCG.

texasaggie2005
03-11-2020, 08:10 AM
Several threads on Arfcom about them, all positive.

My 11.5" Duty upper has been great.

TCinVA
03-11-2020, 08:42 AM
These seem to be quite promising, but there is little to nothing online to be found from actual (non-paid) consumers sharing their findings with these rifles. Hopefully somebody here has some experience with them at this point... anybody?

I know of a few out in the wild and one of my instructors just received one he ordered on Black Friday that will become his main teaching gun soon.

So far everything I've heard has been positive. I know of a ~ 4,000 person state agency that bought Geissele rifles as patrol rifles and so far I've not heard of any problems or issues with them.

ST911
03-11-2020, 11:22 AM
See them, but do not own one. They are GTG. No accuracy metrics, but 100% reliability across with quality and mediocre ammo.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
03-11-2020, 04:13 PM
Good stuff so far it sounds like, color me unsurprised... far as I can tell Bill Geissele is a straight shooter (pun) and man of god. Should we start a separate thread for their new Super Duty optic, lol?

Rockey
03-11-2020, 05:22 PM
I have an 11.5 upper I bought during black friday. I've got about five hundred rounds through it now with the zero issues. It runs both suppressed and unsuppressed very well. It needs an H3 or heavier buffer with a suppressor. But that is not surprising. Fit and finish seem to be outstanding.

John Hearne
03-11-2020, 05:43 PM
We’re living in the golden age of AR’s. If your AR doesn’t run, it’s because you’re too cheap. You need to spend money on the gun, ammo, and magazines. A rifle from a reputable company running PMAGs and shooting decent brass case ammo will work with boring monotony.

Yung
05-14-2020, 01:25 AM

ST911
05-14-2020, 07:30 AM
See them, but do not own one. They are GTG. No accuracy metrics, but 100% reliability across with quality and mediocre ammo.

After that post I grabbed one of the their LE models for myself, here: https://geissele.com/rifles/super-duty-for-law-enforcement.html. There's some variation in the LE models and the specific components have changed a couple of times since introduction. Here are some observations of mine. Overall I'm pleased, and at $850 it's a bargain.

continuous top rail
no sights
no magazine
box content has swag and an excellent manual
QMS trigger, smooth with a clean break, better than mil but not quite an ACT
ambi selector (R side stub)
no blue line on rail
rails are addressed but no fill, that's okay
installed Aimpoint T1 and sling
replaced A2 hider with Vortex G6-A2, slight adjustment to sight after swap (initial zero with A2)
~1000 rounds, 11 loads, .223 and 5.56, 50gr to 77gr, includes light impulse lead-free ammo
initial 25yd near zero -1.5”, shot as expected 100 to 400yds on B/C steel with typical holds
impulse is unique, mid-length like but a little different, smoother
maritime bolt catch is handy
early indications that barrel is a little over 1 MOA, no worse than 1.5
handguards heat up like comparable others
overall handling and balance is good, handles fast and well
i can take or leave the B5 SOPMOD stock, no complaint but may be an opportunity to cut weight
barrel is gov profile, I wouldn’t mind a LW profile in this configuration
grip screw is proper slotted head – no allen key required

Bowman_15
05-14-2020, 08:41 AM

Picked up a black duty rifle myself. Does the color in real life look as good as the photo? I'm usually not a fan of the green color scheme but it looks really sharp on that gun.

ASH556
05-14-2020, 11:46 AM
karmapolice has a couple he likes; uppers not complete guns and at this point neither of them is factory since I've had my grubby fingers all over them. I built one and then did a rail swap on the other for him. My only complaint about them is their "bombproof" gas block installation apparently involves green loctite to seal the gas block to the barrel. No bueno. Makes working on it suck. They run well and shoot fine too. Both of his are 11.5" guns.

Here's a 10 shot 100yd group I fired with his topped with the NX8. Either I shanked two and it's a 0.8 MOA gun or I didn't and it's a 1.5 MOA gun. Speer 62gr gold dot.

https://i.imgur.com/YsoWPssl.png
https://i.imgur.com/dk0g3ROl.png

Yung
05-14-2020, 07:42 PM
Picked up a black duty rifle myself. Does the color in real life look as good as the photo? I'm usually not a fan of the green color scheme but it looks really sharp on that gun.

It is indeed pretty striking. My original intent was to pick up one in desert tan similar to the blemish gun that TCinVA got, but after seeing preview pictures on Geissele's social media and comparing them to the olive drab rifles they've previous released, I couldn't resist. When I opened the box, I knew I made the right decision.

ST911
05-14-2020, 07:53 PM
I'm hoping for some Hungarian Moonshine.

TCinVA
05-14-2020, 09:22 PM

Mine is a "blemish" gun that has what I believe to be the nitrided barrel.

I haven't done a real accuracy breakdown on it because good ammo is in such short supply at the moment. I have no doubt it will prove to be very accurate when I do.

It's a lovely rifle. It will likely turn out to be one of the more accurate rifles I own. It doesn't like cheap Russian steel-cased ammo (not enough gas to run it properly in awkward positions) but I expect that. The trigger is, as best I can tell, one they only sell in rifles that they've built. It's a little nicer than the basic Geissele triggers I have in a couple of my other guns. It's right about at the edge of what I'm comfortable having on a general purpose gun.

My only gripe with the rifle is weight. She's a big girl.

Of course, it's also a rifle that will reliably hit a 6" head plate at 300 yards with even so-so ammo, so I suppose there are some tradeoffs to be had.

TCinVA
05-14-2020, 09:42 PM
It is indeed pretty striking. My original intent was to pick up one in desert tan similar to the blemish gun that TCinVA got, but after seeing preview pictures on Geissele's social media and comparing them to the olive drab rifles they've previous released, I couldn't resist. When I opened the box, I knew I made the right decision.

I wish you hadn't mentioned their social media page. I really don't need to buy another one.

OlongJohnson
05-14-2020, 10:48 PM

Looks like it would match the Talo green M11-A1s from a few years ago. Would be a nice combo, if you got lucky and found a Sig that extracted WWB reliably.

rob_s
05-15-2020, 05:10 AM
My only gripe with the rifle is weight. She's a big girl.

Of course, it's also a rifle that will reliably hit a 6" head plate at 300 yards with even so-so ammo, so I suppose there are some tradeoffs to be had.

You’re one of several, second in this thread, to mention the weight. I wonder if there are any plans for a lightweight barrel option.

Kyle Reese
05-15-2020, 08:04 AM
I wish you hadn't mentioned their social media page. I really don't need to buy another one.

There's that 11.5" pistol that's calling your name. :cool:

Yung
05-15-2020, 08:09 AM
Yeah, you should enter the moonshine raffle. Its okay, you probably won't get it anyway and if you do you're in for a great deal...

https://geissele.com/moonshine

rob_s
05-15-2020, 08:28 AM
Yeah, you should enter the moonshine raffle. Its okay, you probably won't get it anyway and if you do you're in for a great deal...

https://geissele.com/moonshine

so you're entering for a chance to buy a blemished gun because of perceived rarity?

what am I missing here? Surely I have this wrong?

GyroF-16
05-15-2020, 08:31 AM
so you're entering for a chance to buy a blemished gun because of perceived rarity?

(Not Rob_s)

No, I think more due to the bargain price on such a mechanically high-quality gun.

WobblyPossum
05-15-2020, 10:57 AM

Prior to the raffles, the blemished guns would sell out in a matter of minutes after being posted since they were around 50-60% cheaper than the non-blemished guns. The raffle was their idea to even everyone’s chances of getting one.

tlong17
05-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Everybody rattle cans them after. Kinda weird but I get it I guess.

tlong17
05-15-2020, 12:06 PM
After that post I grabbed one of the their LE models for myself, here: https://geissele.com/rifles/super-duty-for-law-enforcement.html. There's some variation in the LE models and the specific components have changed a couple of times since introduction. Here are some observations of mine. Overall I'm pleased, and at $850 it's a bargain.

continuous top rail
no sights
no magazine
box content has swag and an excellent manual
QMS trigger, smooth with a clean break, better than mil but not quite an ACT
ambi selector (R side stub)
no blue line on rail
rails are addressed but no fill, that's okay
installed Aimpoint T1 and sling
replaced A2 hider with Vortex G6-A2, slight adjustment to sight after swap (initial zero with A2)
~1000 rounds, 11 loads, .223 and 5.56, 50gr to 77gr, includes light impulse lead-free ammo
initial 25yd near zero -1.5”, shot as expected 100 to 400yds on B/C steel with typical holds
impulse is unique, mid-length like but a little different, smoother
maritime bolt catch is handy
early indications that barrel is a little over 1 MOA, no worse than 1.5
handguards heat up like comparable others
overall handling and balance is good, handles fast and well
i can take or leave the B5 SOPMOD stock, no complaint but may be an opportunity to cut weight
barrel is gov profile, I wouldn’t mind a LW profile in this configuration
grip screw is proper slotted head – no allen key required

Let me know if you're looking to part with the B5 SOPMOD. I'm looking to buy.

Yung
05-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Looks like there are still some 14.5" DDC blems that aren't quite moonshine but are at least in stock today.

Yung
05-15-2020, 03:02 PM
Let me know if you're looking to part with the B5 SOPMOD. I'm looking to buy.

Hey, I'm getting rid of mine. I don't mind black but it seems to retain a little too much heat in the Arizona sun. I'll be replacing it with a green MOE SL.

Up1911Fan
06-01-2020, 06:44 PM
Anyone have the LE 10.3" pistol version? Considering this or a BCM 11.5" pistol for a road trip option.

Casual Friday
06-01-2020, 09:41 PM
Hey, I'm getting rid of mine. I don't mind black but it seems to retain a little too much heat in the Arizona sun. I'll be replacing it with a green MOE SL.

OD green and black are nearly identical in terms of retaining heat, especially Magpul's OD which is quite dark. FDE or Coyote are much better at staying cooler to the touch.

navyman8903
06-02-2020, 04:09 PM
So I have an all black super duty 11.5 (all Geissele upper/lower/internals/SSA) with 400 rounds through it now. The last 30 were suppressed. She does well over all. I have the H2/Super 42 in mine and it seemed to be alright suppressed, but I might run it with an H3 once I get the second RC2 for it. So far I like it, but I'm saving for the P4Xi/ super precision mount.

The Tan RC2 is for my URGI and is presently in Jail. I get conjugal visits obviously. I will say it's less gassy than the URGI but still kinda gassy. Also, the Nano coating is no joke. I cleaned up a gun that fired suppressed easier than a rifle that fired unsuppressed in less time. I'm a huge fan of the Geissele REBCG. I'm going to put it in the URGI for sure. IT's not something that will increase the quality of your suppressed shooting experience.....but it's easy to clean and very well made. The tolerances/build quality is excellent also BTW. See the video below from a channel I just found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qus09Z_j7m4&t=205s

rob_s
06-03-2020, 04:50 AM
What makes that BCG “RE”?

navyman8903
06-03-2020, 03:14 PM

I'm guessing the quality and coating? I'm not 100% on why they're saying that but I will say it runs great and is super easy to clean, even after suppressed use. Also just judging by how it was gauged the tolerances are very tight/gas efficient. But that's just based off of my observations.

This is the link to the unit which may go more in depth, I haven't really read the description.

https://geissele.com/geissele-bolt-carrier-group.html

DamonL
06-03-2020, 05:24 PM

RE = Reliability Enhanced

The link says improved materials, forging and coatings improve reliability.

LittleLebowski
09-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Primary Arms has the green pistol in stock.

https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-automatics-super-duty-pistol-od-green-11.5in

silentsod
09-05-2020, 02:57 PM
I purchased and received an 11.5" Super Duty pistol. It appears well built and well finished, machining is well executed.

I put an EOTech on because I have bad astigmatism so as my eyes worsen true red dots smear when my lenses don't keep up. I only had enough time to run 150 rounds through it and it varied between .223 55gr PMC loads, 5.56 PMC 55gr, and Barnes VOR-TX 62gr all of which fed and functioned without issue. Given ammo prices right now it is unlikely I will be putting a large volume through it until after the election. The pistol is well gassed and very smooth in operation.

I don't have a lot of time on AR-15 pattern rifles/pistols and the Surefire WarComp CTN muzzle device had a tendency, sometimes, to drive the rifle down. Occasionally I would settle into a rhythm where the gun just seemed to hover when fired and the sight effectively didn't move. I'm going to say with more practice the muzzle device is well matched to the way they have the pistol set up and this observing the muzzle dip on the shot breaking is user error.

HCM
09-05-2020, 03:35 PM
I purchased and received an 11.5" Super Duty pistol. It appears well built and well finished, machining is well executed.

I put an EOTech on because I have bad astigmatism so as my eyes worsen true red dots smear when my lenses don't keep up. I only had enough time to run 150 rounds through it and it varied between .223 55gr PMC loads, 5.56 PMC 55gr, and Barnes VOR-TX 62gr all of which fed and functioned without issue. Given ammo prices right now it is unlikely I will be putting a large volume through it until after the election. The pistol is well gassed and very smooth in operation.

I don't have a lot of time on AR-15 pattern rifles/pistols and the Surefire WarComp CTN muzzle device had a tendency, sometimes, to drive the rifle down. Occasionally I would settle into a rhythm where the gun just seemed to hover when fired and the sight effectively didn't move. I'm going to say with more practice the muzzle device is well matched to the way they have the pistol set up and this observing the muzzle dip on the shot breaking is user error.

The dip effect you mentioned seems to be more noticeable with lighter guns, especially those lighter at the muzzle. Once you add lights and lasers it is less noticeable.

Wake27
09-05-2020, 03:40 PM

This is a very common observation with the CTN Warcomps. I sold my two because I just didn't like the recoil impulse. The open tine have always been more popular IMO which is why I was surprised to see G use the CTN version.

silentsod
09-05-2020, 08:43 PM
This is a very common observation with the CTN Warcomps. I sold my two because I just didn't like the recoil impulse. The open tine have always been more popular IMO which is why I was surprised to see G use the CTN version.

I might have to switch this out, then. I would rather deal with the muzzle climbing a little bit than having to drag the muzzle back up. I don't care for the ringing on the open tine but I understand that goes away with carbon build up and I'm not finicky about keeping my weapons cleaned.

I think Geissele originally shipped with the open tine and they switched over to this. Perhaps they got a good deal on these?

GJM
09-05-2020, 08:52 PM
How would a Cherry Bomb be in conjunction with a Plan B and Omega on this configuration?

StraitR
09-05-2020, 09:12 PM
How would a Cherry Bomb be in conjunction with a Plan B and Omega on this configuration?

While I can't speak directly to the Geissele 11.5" gassing, it's right as rain on my 11.5 DD upper.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50076141581_4180bd67e6_b.jpg

Jay585
03-18-2021, 05:01 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up a Geissele Super Duty 14.5" Silencerco asr break with 600 rounds through it for $1600 ($1800 if I get the Holosun HE510c green reticle).

Any thoughts on the rifle? Been an while since anyone updated the thread.

My 2nd option is a Colt 6920 less than 150 rounds through it for $950 but the seller has yet to get in touch (with this market and that price it's probably sold or a scam).

dontshakepandas
03-18-2021, 07:22 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up a Geissele Super Duty 14.5" Silencerco asr break with 600 rounds through it for $1600 ($1800 if I get the Holosun HE510c green reticle).

My 2nd option is a Colt 6920 less than 150 rounds through it for $950 but the seller has yet to get in touch (with this market and that price it's probably sold or a scam).

I'd probably just pay the ~$300 more to order a new one off of their website unless you know the seller or really need THAT muzzle device.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-rifle-14-5-5-56mm-luna-black.html

GyroF-16
03-18-2021, 08:10 PM
I'd probably just pay the ~$300 more to order a new one off of their website unless you know the seller or really need THAT muzzle device.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-rifle-14-5-5-56mm-luna-black.html

Concur. For that difference in price, I’d rather just have a brand new one.

Jay585
03-18-2021, 10:56 PM
Alright, I'll look around for a new one. Is the 14.5" pinned and welded, or is that an NFA item?

The sidebar specs say, "14.5" Barrel, CHF, Chrome Lined, 1-7 Twist (Pin & Weld) - Geissele Profile" so I would say yes but double checking to be sure.

Wake27
03-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Alright, I'll look around for a new one. Is the 14.5" pinned and welded, or is that an NFA item?

The sidebar specs say, "14.5" Barrel, CHF, Chrome Lined, 1-7 Twist (Pin & Weld) - Geissele Profile" so I would say yes but double checking to be sure.

Yeah they come with the p/w from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breakingtime91
03-18-2021, 11:44 PM

Jay, g and r tactical has 6920s for a good price

tango-papa
03-19-2021, 01:26 PM

Geissele Rifle/SBR/Pistol AR's are all good to go.
I have first hand experience with several versions and include them on the list of AR's I consider legit/quality AR's.

That list includes the following brands, in alphabetical order:

BCM
Centurion Arms
Colt
Daniel Defense
Geissele
Knight's Armament
LMT
Sionics
SOLGW

Having said the above about Geissele, it's also my opinion their prices, along with a few others on that list, have gone stupid.

Unless you "need" a Geissele, for whatever reason, you can get a rifle that's every bit as good, for a bit less.
The reason I'm posting any of this is due to your inquiry about a Colt 6920.

Example #1:
A Colt 6920 at $1099 from G&R Tactical (in stock as of 1300 hrs, 03/19/2021).

Obviously you would need to: 1) shave/get the FSB shaved and 2) add a full length rail - if that's what you're after.
The Colt and the above two items would put you at about $1450 ($350 less than the Geissele.)

*I realize the Geissele has one of their "super-duper-ultra-awesome-high-speed-nano-bomb-proof-perfection-enhanced-advanced-maximum" triggers and a SOPMOD stock and both of those add about $350ish to the price.

Example #2:
A BCM rifle - sourcing the upper and lower separately would put you at about $1350 to $1400.

A BCM lower at about $350-$400, sourced from one of the following, have been available on a fairly consistent basis (sign up for in stock notification and be ready to buy):

Brownells
G&R Tactical
Primary Arms

A BCM upper, sourced from G&R Tactical and/or Primary Arms, have also been available on a fairly consistent basis.
*G&R has five (5) different uppers (less BCG/CH) in stock as of 1300 hrs, 03/19/2021.
*Both G&R and PA have BCM BCG's available on a fairly consistent basis - again, sign up for in stock notice and be ready.

tango-papa
03-19-2021, 01:29 PM
Jay, g and r tactical has 6920s for a good price

Best bang for the buck and only about $100 more than a year ago, pre-zombie panic.

theJanitor
03-19-2021, 01:35 PM
Example #2:
A BCM rifle - sourcing the upper and lower separately would put you at about $1350 to $1400.

A BCM lower at about $350-$400, sourced from one of the following, have been available on a fairly consistent basis (sign up for in stock notification and be ready to buy):

Brownells
G&R Tactical
Primary Arms

A BCM upper, sourced from G&R Tactical and/or Primary Arms, have also been available on a fairly consistent basis.
*G&R has five (5) different uppers (less BCG/CH) in stock as of 1300 hrs, 03/19/2021.
*Both G&R and PA have BCM BCG's available on a fairly consistent basis - again, sign up for in stock notice and be ready.

BCM is dropping lots of uppers pretty consistently. The benefit of going with them is that they have reserved BCG's for sale with the uppers, at $189, along with a selection of CH. It ends up being a turn-key upper, direct from BCM. You can't buy the BCG, otherwise

breakingtime91
03-19-2021, 01:58 PM
Best bang for the buck and only about $100 more than a year ago, pre-zombie panic.

Yup, G and r is great. I do most of my of shopping with Grant now.

tango-papa
03-19-2021, 05:49 PM
BCM is dropping lots of uppers pretty consistently. The benefit of going with them is that they have reserved BCG's for sale with the uppers, at $189, along with a selection of CH. It ends up being a turn-key upper, direct from BCM. You can't buy the BCG, otherwise

Good to know, thanks for that info.

They (BCM) had nothing available for so long, including after Brownells, G&R and PA started getting their stuff back in stock consistently, I stopped checking.
I've sent BCM lots of my money directly over the years and pointed several others there as well.
But, I'm not shy about stating it's nice to get a professional discount sourcing BCM pieces/parts from the three dealers listed above.

Several new guys at work have been able to source BCM uppers, lowers, BCG's, bolts, and misc. parts from those dealers above over the past year.
However, agreed 100% it's always nice to do a one stop shop and ship - and BCM swag is always pretty cool swag.

KeeFus
03-23-2021, 06:10 PM
I picked up this Geisselle Super Duty LE GOV from my FFL today. I bought it direct from Geisselle after submitting my LE credentials.

I’m dressing it out w/ Magpul PROS, Aimpoint Comp M5, and a VTAC sling...nothing else. They definitely throw in the swag...including a bag of Geisselle coffee.

ST911
03-23-2021, 06:51 PM
I picked up this Geisselle Super Duty LE GOV from my FFL today. I bought it direct from Geisselle after submitting my LE credentials.

I’m dressing it out w/ Magpul PROS, Aimpoint Comp M5, and a VTAC sling...nothing else. They definitely throw in the swag...including a bag of Geisselle coffee.

When you have opportunity to hunker down and group it, please share your results. I've found that many of these barrels are MOA-ish.

HCM
03-23-2021, 07:11 PM

Do the LE/GOV rifles come with the M4 rail ? vs the Mk16 on commercial guns ?

KeeFus
03-23-2021, 07:14 PM

This one has the MK4 rail, which is similar to the FBI contract rail. The difference is the 6 o’clock rail on the FBI models are a couple inches longer...at least that’s my understanding anyway.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-le-mk-16-black-1.html

tango-papa
03-23-2021, 07:41 PM

That is a very nice rifle and they are accurate.

Should you decide to add a light, suggest look at the the Cloud Defensive REIN - the individual LE/MIL price is quite generous and the light is very, very impressive.

theJanitor
03-23-2021, 07:54 PM

I believe the past LE rifles were using the mk16 (even the web address still denotes mk16) . The mk4/8 are more suitable for use with lasers, so it's a nice upgrade. Fed rails are 10", as compared to the 9.5" civilian rails.

HCM
03-23-2021, 08:53 PM
I believe the past LE rifles were using the mk16 (even the web address still denotes mk16) . The mk4/8 are more suitable for use with lasers, so it's a nice upgrade. Fed rails are 10", as compared to the 9.5" civilian rails.

Fed POW rails are 13" but did not know they were doing Mk4s across the board on the general LE rifles. In addition to lasers Mk4/Mk8 are more likely to help you avoid a bent barrel when you are jamming your rifle in between the front seat and console and using it as an arm rest and similar shenanigans

The older LE models had a Mk 16 with a blue line on the rail.

HCM
03-23-2021, 09:01 PM
This one has the MK4 rail, which is similar to the FBI contract rail. The difference is the 6 o’clock rail on the FBI models are a couple inches longer...at least that’s my understanding anyway.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-le-mk-16-black-1.html

The original 10" FBI rails were just 10" standard Mk4's. they switched to the extended bottom rails going forward to accommodate use of Magpul AFG's and the Israeli knock off AFG they previously issued.

In addition to the modified rail, the newer GOV issue guns are coming with magpul slings, MBUS PROs instead of Troy BUIS and Ambi Gisselle Government charging handles.

KeeFus
03-23-2021, 09:15 PM
Fed POW rails are 13" but did not know they were doing Mk4s across the board on the general LE rifles. In addition to lasers Mk4/Mk8 are more likely to help you avoid a bent barrel when you are jamming your rifle in between the front seat and console and using it as an arm rest and similar shenanigans

The older LE models had a Mk 16 with a blue line on the rail.

I believe they still offer those...they just seem to never be in stock.

Here are their LE offerings...the one with the blue line is $1175.00

https://geissele.com/rifles/super-duty-for-law-enforcement/super-duty-rifles-for-law-enforcement.html

Lyonsgrid
03-23-2021, 09:24 PM
I just picked up the same rifle as KeeFus. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of these Geissele rifles. A lot of quality features for a good value in today's market.

HCM
03-23-2021, 09:26 PM
I believe they still offer those...they just seem to never be in stock.

Here are their LE offerings...the one with the blue line is $1175.00

https://geissele.com/rifles/super-duty-for-law-enforcement/super-duty-rifles-for-law-enforcement.html

Thanks for the link.

Though they may be on some Colt dealer websites, Colt doesn't actually offer those or the prior Troy Alpha rail versions. Colt built the prior POW rifles in batches once a year or so because they required non Colt standard parts. Instead of holding on to the excess rifles to fill orders between the annual production runs, Colt would sell them off. As a result Guys (and gals) were waiting 12-18 months for POW rifle orders. This sort of thing played a part in the POW supplier change from Colt to Geissele.

KeeFus
04-21-2021, 06:04 AM
Some thoughts on my Super Duty...

Trigger is great, smooth 4ish pound trigger with a very clean break.
The MK4 rail works well for me and my applications. I placed Magpul Pros, Streamlight TLR9 RM2 on top of rail along with my Comp M5 on the receiver.
I have a Basecamp Kilo sling on the way...but for now I’m using a padded VTAC, which works well for me. I also placed a BCM hand stop on the rail, which is now my usual fore grip option.

Zeroed it at 50 yesterday, which is the max yardage of the range we are using for our rifle class. I use a B8 replacement to finalize zeros...and my last shots were all within the 10-ring, which is good enough for me. LPVOs are not my jam...they are just not what I want on a fighting rifle. Not that red-dots are the best for me either due to my astigmatism...but I’m working through that.

The B5 enhanced stock is a good stock...but it’s just wasted effort. I’d be happier with a Magpul SL, which is on my other rifles.

Gun ran flawlessly yesterday. I will put another few hundred rounds through it today but I suspect nothing will change.

KeeFus
04-22-2021, 07:11 AM
For the past two days I’ve taught a basic patrol rifle class. Between zeroing, running demos, drills, and qualifying Ive put roughly 350-400 of XM193 and LE223T1 through this rifle. No hiccups...boringly reliable. Other than putting the accessories on it I didn’t do anything to it...didn’t even clean it prior to use.

KeeFus
04-22-2021, 02:48 PM
Day off...being retired has its benefits... After doing my usual honey-do’s I decided to break open this Geisselle and get a better look. I did call Geisselle and ask what happened to this particular rifle build on their LE sales portion of their webpage (this gun is no longer listed). Guy told me that these were a limited build that they did.

Bolt after it was cleaned.

WobblyPossum
04-22-2021, 03:19 PM
Day off...being retired has its benefits... After doing my usual honey-do’s I decided to break open this Geisselle and get a better look. I did call Geisselle and ask what happened to this particular rifle build on their LE sales portion of their webpage (this gun is no longer listed). Guy told me that these were a limited build that they did.

I just checked the Geissele website because I had also noticed this configuration disappeared recently. It’s currently back on the page and listed as In Stock for anyone who wants one. It seems like a well thought out setup.

KeeFus
04-22-2021, 03:57 PM
I just checked the Geissele website because I had also noticed this configuration disappeared recently. It’s currently back on the page and listed as In Stock for anyone who wants one. It seems like a well thought out setup.

That’s funny! I’ve been looking to see if they’d come back online and they never did. Literally called at 1006 this morning and they said they didn’t know when/if they’d ever be back online.

theJanitor
04-22-2021, 06:12 PM
pics

Off-topic. How is that light working out for you? Pros/Cons?

Beat Trash
04-22-2021, 08:12 PM

I was about to ask the same question.

KeeFus
04-22-2021, 08:17 PM

I’ve had it for a few months now. It was on my old S&W to begin with...I replaced a Surefire X300 with the RM2. That said, I haven’t really used it all that much outside the past 3 days. While running it the past few days I ran the VTAC barricade a couple times and banged it on purpose...specifically to see if that big piece of plastic on the rear bottom would come off. Not much holds it in place. It covers the remote pad switch cable hole. It didn’t come out either day so I guess that’s good. It’s 1000 lumens and has a good throw and width from 50 yards. I could light up most of the downrange targets. For reference, the range was about 20-25 yards wide.

I’m teaching another class mid May and the range I will be using that class is 400 yards long. I will try to get some more data/pics for you then.

I’m not a fan of the remote pads...We had one go out in this class for some reason and begin to work intermittently. For those that want a data point on the pad, it was a Streamlight, older version, attached to a TLR1 HL. Thankfully the HL light also had a switch. The switch on the RM2 is right where it needs to be. Has steady on and momentary. Positive click for on/off operations.

We also use Gen 2 Inforce white/IR lights on our ARs. Don’t buy them...they’re trash. Plastic/polymer lights have no place on weapons that are duty use. Inforce does have good customer service if that interests you. We are in the process of replacing the TLRs and Inforce lights with the RM2s. Give it a year and, based on my experience on how these folks treat their equipment, they will get tested pretty well. Lol.

theJanitor
04-22-2021, 10:00 PM
We also use Gen 2 Inforce white/IR lights on our ARs. Don’t buy them...they’re trash.

I'm solidly a SF guy, but I'm always looking for the thing that would lead me astray

pangloss
04-22-2021, 10:45 PM
Pre-election I sold my Sig 516 and Beretta CX4 and used that money to buy two Geissele Super Duty LE rifles. They aren't quite duplicates as the handguards and triggers are different. I put a RMR and a Surefire on one, and haven't done anything but add sights to the the other. They've each been to the range once. Not counting what I spent on the light, it was a break even transaction financially. I don't know much about ARs, but these were the best values I could find at the time, and I think getting them improved my personal gun situation. I'm glad to read the other positive reports here.

Cheap Shot
09-04-2021, 05:09 PM
https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-automatics-super-duty-rifle-black-14.5-pinned?utm_source=netsuite&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Product_Image&utm_campaign=NetSuite_Back_In_Stock_Email

For anyone interested Primary Arms has super duty 14.5 in stock for appx $1,500.00. I ordered one :D

Not sure what the difference is between a super duty and an LE super duty but for me a complete rifle versus the other options I was looking at made me pull the trigger on this.

Its my first AR.:cool::confused:

Cheap Shot
09-05-2021, 10:57 AM
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/super-duty-pistol-11-5-5-56mm-prod137306.aspx

Brownells has the super duty pistol with an 11.5 barrell on sale (???) for $2,000.

This is making me question ordering the 14.5

The tyranny of choice:confused:

texasaggie2005
09-05-2021, 12:30 PM
https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-automatics-super-duty-rifle-black-14.5-pinned?utm_source=netsuite&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Product_Image&utm_campaign=NetSuite_Back_In_Stock_Email

For anyone interested Primary Arms has super duty 14.5 in stock for appx $1,500.00. I ordered one :D

Not sure what the difference is between a super duty and an LE super duty but for me a complete rifle versus the other options I was looking at made me pull the trigger on this.

Its my first AR.:cool::confused:

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/super-duty-pistol-11-5-5-56mm-prod137306.aspx

Brownells has the super duty pistol with an 11.5 barrell on sale (???) for $2,000.

This is making me question ordering the 14.5

The tyranny of choice:confused:

Why not both?

I'm really liking my G 11.5" pistol BTW.