PDA

View Full Version : POLL Illumination Tools thread

UNK
03-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Who would like to see an illumination tools area?
You can vote on as many as you like.

NH Shooter
03-07-2020, 04:35 PM
I thought I had this covered. ;-/

Tensaw
03-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Poll won’t let me vote for Mods Suck *and* Corona gonna get us. Your poll is invalid.

Leroy Suggs
03-07-2020, 04:51 PM
I am in.
NH Shooter can be the shitty mod:D

NH Shooter
03-07-2020, 04:53 PM
NH Shooter can be the shitty mod:D

I would excel.

blues
03-07-2020, 04:58 PM
I would excel.

Your posts would be illuminating.

RJ
03-07-2020, 05:21 PM
I can’t say I’d be able to shed any light on this topic.

UNK
03-07-2020, 05:26 PM
Poll won’t let me vote for Mods Suck *and* Corona gonna get us. Your poll is invalid.

Sorry i clicked multiple votes. Maybe blues could fix it?

UNK
03-07-2020, 05:34 PM
I would excel.

I almost put it in the poll.

blues
03-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Sorry i clicked multiple votes. Maybe blues could fix it?

Sorry, I don't have general oversight beyond the "Edged Weapons" forum. BBI or LL will have to make any changes.

(Really, you don't want me having the keys...I might use 'em after a shot or two. ;))

blues
03-07-2020, 05:39 PM
I can’t say I’d be able to shed any light on this topic.

Well, you never were the brightest bulb in the group. ;)

(Tongue firmly in cheek.)

RJ
03-07-2020, 06:29 PM
Well, you never were the brightest bulb in the group. ;)

(Tongue firmly in cheek.)

For sure. My mom certainly thought so.

This one time, when I was in High School, my prize huntin’ dog died. He still looked ok for a while, so I went around the neighborhood and sold raffle tickets, $10 a pop. I made a good couple hundred bucks.

Later my mom asked me, didn’t anyone complain?

I said yeah, the winner did, so I gave him his money back. :cool:

Sanch
03-08-2020, 01:33 AM
I love this very interested to learn more about lights on guns and pocket carry etc

UNK
03-08-2020, 07:44 AM
The whole reason i thought of this was there was a flashlight i was interested in for a shotgun and i couldnt remember the brand and couldnt find it in a Google/forum search. I did eventually find it on a Google image search but it took a while. They were all the rage at one time but I havent seen one mentioned in a while. The brand was Inforce.

Rex G
03-08-2020, 01:22 PM
I believe in the Right to Keep & Illuminate Tools. :)

Any member can start a thread. Is the question about starting a new section of the forum, solely for illumination tools? I do not see the Holsters, Accessories, and EDC Gear section as being too busy or too crowded.

Personally, I found the Surefire LX2 Digital Lumamax to be be a perfect fit, and have accumulated several. A well-executed hand-held light is, in my opinion, a fundamental tool, as necessary as a pocket knife of multi-tool, and far more important than a handgun or other firearm. I have found no handgun, with an accessory rail, to be practical for AIWB or traditional IWB carry, so WMLs on handguns are not a big interest, for me. I settled upon the X200-/X300-series, so time ago, and have several of them, to use on some “offensive” handguns and some long weapons.

To be clear, I never drank the kool-aid-ish stuff spouted by Surefire and Streamlight.

I did work about 33 years of big-city night-shift police patrol, so learned a thing, or two, about the importance of hand-held lighting

I would be unlikely to pay much attention to a section of the forum dedicated to illumination tools. I realize that there is an ongoing need for illumination tool R&D, and discussion, but, well, let’s just say that I would not be very susceptible to marketing displayed in an Illumination Tools section of P-F.

NH Shooter
03-08-2020, 05:38 PM
UNK I had an Inforce and it wasn't very noteworthy. Output is so-so and I had to have it replaced due to parasitic battery drain.

I would pass.

Cory
03-08-2020, 06:43 PM
This line of conversation is a "thread". A single topic woirh replies would be thread.

An entire section for flashlights seems excessive. Should there then be one for holsters, one for belts, one for red dots, and one for scopes?

I think the current break down of categories works well.

-Cory

UNK
03-08-2020, 07:00 PM
This line of conversation is a "thread". A single topic woirh replies would be thread.

An entire section for flashlights seems excessive. Should there then be one for holsters, one for belts, one for red dots, and one for scopes?

I think the current break down of categories works well.

-Cory

Ok i used the wrong description. Its own section within the forum is what I was trying to convey. I dont know the correct phrase obviously. Please refer to my tagline 😂

UNK
03-10-2020, 04:01 AM
UNK I had an Inforce and it wasn't very noteworthy. Output is so-so and I had to have it replaced due to parasitic battery drain.

I would pass.

Was that one the Gen1 light or Gen 2?

Stephanie B
03-10-2020, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to think of a real need for a lighted screwdriver.

UNK
03-11-2020, 12:09 PM
Handy as heck depending on your work environment. Some battery drills have lights on them too.

awp_101
03-11-2020, 03:58 PM
Careful, vodka and orange juice make good conductors.