View Full Version : CZ P10m Single Stack

Brianjkeene
03-06-2020, 09:50 PM
For those that haven’t seen yet.

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-products-product/cz-p-10-m

Redhat
03-06-2020, 10:11 PM
Internal slide stop?

So does that mean when the slide locks back on a empty magazine, you have to retract the slide slightly to release it?

Polecat
03-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Take my money!

Danjojo
03-07-2020, 12:14 AM
Internal slide stop?

So does that mean when the slide locks back on a empty magazine, you have to retract the slide slightly to release it?

Yep...

Not ideal but I wouldn't mind too much. If priced here at $300 it will be competitive.

Reminds me I need to check out bigger brothers again to see if all kinks are finally worked out.

Jim Watson
03-07-2020, 12:23 AM
Internal slide stop?

Like a PPK ?

What about the HSc setup? Slide stops open on empty, insert a magazine, loaded or empty to close.

Bucky
03-07-2020, 07:12 AM
Like a PPK ?

What about the HSc setup? Slide stops open on empty, insert a magazine, loaded or empty to close.

I was thinking, like a Nano. I kind of like that feature on a smallish gun. Prevent human error / interaction with the slide stop. If it can be done reliably, the HSc feature would be nice as well.

Navin Johnson
03-07-2020, 09:54 AM
Makes one dream of a P-07m

TicTacticalTimmy
03-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Like a PPK ?

That sounds like a potentially useful feature for a pocket pistol.

The gun itself would be much more interesting if it were 10+1, particularly at over 20oz empty.

zpelletier
03-07-2020, 04:26 PM
I agree it would be much better at 10 + 1, maybe they will end up putting out some extended mags.

The real question is why is the trigger so different from the other P10’s? (At least visually)

Alpha Sierra
03-07-2020, 04:45 PM
I don't get these ultra slim guns. Sacrificing capacity and grip circumference (two critical aspects for me) for sligthly less bulk on the side (bulk that I have no trouble hiding)

Hard pass

ChaseN
03-08-2020, 07:08 AM
I don't get these ultra slim guns. Sacrificing capacity and grip circumference (two critical aspects for me) for sligthly less bulk on the side (bulk that I have no trouble hiding)

Hard pass

Cool?

Obviously they don't shoot quite as well or hold as many rounds as a full-size pistol, but they ARE easier to carry IWB than a double stack. Whether that difference means anything to you or not shouldn't keep you from logically "getting" why other people carry them, right?

Alpha Sierra
03-08-2020, 08:05 AM
Cool?

Obviously they don't shoot quite as well or hold as many rounds as a full-size pistol, but they ARE easier to carry IWB than a double stack. Whether that difference means anything to you or not shouldn't keep you from logically "getting" why other people carry them, right?

I'm stating MY opinion. Is that allowed here? I don't care if the rest of the world loves this kind of pistol.

BTW, there are options between a full-size pistol and that.

ChaseN
03-08-2020, 08:33 AM
I'm stating MY opinion. Is that allowed here? I don't care if the rest of the world loves this kind of pistol.

Just pointing out that your opinion is a bit like me questioning why mid size pickups exist when my full size does everything I need it to. When in reality I can understand that another person would want a smaller truck even though I personally don't. By extension, I carry a P30S or a P365XL everyday but I also "get" why someone might carry an LCP. Different AO, different threats, different mindset, different daily dress, different work environment, past injuries the list goes on.

I sure didn't say you couldn't share your opinion here nor would I be the person to dictate that.

Leroy Suggs
03-08-2020, 09:06 AM
Both the front and rear sights have gaps under them. Sloppy.
Makes you wonder about the rest of the gun.

kitten_frenzy
03-08-2020, 09:12 AM

Hard pass
Midgets need to cc too...

kwb377
03-08-2020, 10:48 AM

I just went and checked my P-10C...it has a slight gap under the rear sight that I've never noticed. If I had held it up against a completely white background and used photography lighting to look at it, I might have noticed it before now. The gap is probably .15mm.

In actual use, I haven't noticed it. And the rest of the gun is awesome. :)

Redhat
03-08-2020, 11:29 AM
I just went and checked my P-10C...it has a slight gap under the rear sight that I've never noticed. If I had held it up against a completely white background and used photography lighting to look at it, I might have noticed it before now. The gap is probably .15mm.

In actual use, I haven't noticed it. And the rest of the gun is awesome. :)

I would guess it's probably intentional.

Doesn't bother me either.

Redhat
03-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Hard pass

Pretty simple...current market demands. They also make a sub-compact P-10S and P-10C.

Alpha Sierra
03-08-2020, 02:36 PM
Wonder about what? Those of us who own P-10s and use them hard don't wonder about anything.

zpelletier
03-08-2020, 02:59 PM

Hard pass

I feel ya, I bought a G43 when they first came out thinking it would be easier to carry. While that is true, I absolutely hate shooting it, and I’ve never shot it as well as any gun with a wider grip. Having realized I greatly prefer the double stack grip width, and now that I’ve switched to a P10c, my “deep concealment” gun is going to be a P10S once I can pick one up. The loss of capacity and grip with a single stack are not worth the gain in ease of concealment in my opinion.

Polecat
03-08-2020, 04:49 PM
I will get one no doubt. Hopefully they will give us something to compete with the P365. After carrying the 365, when you handle a sub say the MP sub 2.0 or Canik sub they feel “big” by comparison. Would love to see a smaller P07 as someone opioned!

Redhat
03-08-2020, 05:30 PM
I will get one no doubt. Hopefully they will give us something to compete with the P365. After carrying the 365, when you handle a sub say the MP sub 2.0 or Canik sub they feel “big” by comparison. Would love to see a smaller P07 as someone opioned!

Even if they cut it down, do you think it can be as small as the SIG?

In my mind, small is one thing, being shootable is a whole 'nuther. I had a Shield 9mm for a few years, that was totally reliable. Nothing wrong with it but the size was just too small for me to shoot well. Guess what, I recently traded it in for a G26...and I'm happy.

Midnight Hour
03-08-2020, 11:58 PM

Hard passAgreed. I can just as easily carry the double-stacked versions as I can the single stacks so why bother? If I want to carry a small gun I will carry a small gun, not one that is the same overall size as a double stack except with a thinner grip.

DamnYankee
03-09-2020, 09:12 AM
If there was no clearance the bottom of the sight would contact the slide and scratch it when installing. Seems like all dovetail sights have a bit of clearance there for just that reason.

claymore504
03-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Makes one dream of a P-07m

I am thinking the same thing. That would have my attention.

WOLFIE
03-14-2020, 08:36 PM

Hard pass

I think these small guns are primarily used as pocket guns or when someone just can't be caught with a gun while at work.

MrInox
03-17-2020, 08:23 PM
Theres nothing this gun does that a shield doesn't do better.

Clusterfrack
03-17-2020, 08:35 PM
Theres nothing this gun does that a shield doesn't do better.

Sorry, I’m really not a Shield fan. Lack of trust in S&W aside, I find the ergos among the worst I’ve seen, and it makes the gun hard to shoot well—especially for newbies.

zpelletier
04-05-2020, 07:58 AM
For anyone curious, I saw on Instagram CZ said the P10M can’t meet points for importation.

Polecat
04-05-2020, 08:26 AM
For anyone curious, I saw on Instagram CZ said the P10M can’t meet points for importation.

Yeah, I saw that, hopefully we will see 10 or 12 round variant, as with the USA plant, surely that are not that tone deaf.

Speaking of a smaller P07, I had a Kriss Sphinx subcompact that was bit smaller than my P07, all they nee is to make that out of Polymer. I would think the Phantom would make a fine compact and sub as well.

mrozowjj
04-05-2020, 01:27 PM
As much as I generally love CZ this is kind of too little too late. The Glock 43 felt late to market for single stack 9mms and that came out in 2015. Unless this is extremely cheap I can't see this selling to anyone other than CZ die-hards. If CZ made their version of a Sig P365 or a Sprinfield Hellcat I'd gladly buy one.

I mean it's a CZ so I'm sure it will shoot ok and I know round count isn't everything but to the more casual shooter or to the brand new shooter at the gun store if you say "He's a gun that holds 10/11 rounds and here's the same size gun that holds 7." they aren't going to go with less rounds unless it's much cheaper.

Redhat
04-05-2020, 01:30 PM
As much as I generally love CZ this is kind of too little too late. The Glock 43 felt late to market for single stack 9mms and that came out in 2015. Unless this is extremely cheap I can't see this selling to anyone other than CZ die-hards. If CZ made their version of a Sig P365 or a Sprinfield Hellcat I'd gladly buy one.

I mean it's a CZ so I'm sure it will shoot ok and I know round count isn't everything but to the more casual shooter or to the brand new shooter at the gun store if you say "He's a gun that holds 10/11 rounds and here's the same size gun that holds 7." they aren't going to go with less rounds unless it's much cheaper.

Does the CZ RAMI not fill that spot?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-2075-rami-9mm-black-alloy-14-rd-mags/

mrozowjj
04-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Does the CZ RAMI not fill that spot?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-2075-rami-9mm-black-alloy-14-rd-mags/

Negative. The Rami is almost 1/4" thicker, 9oz heavier, not striker fired (not that any new shooter would care) and it has a safety. It's wider and heavier than a Glock 26 which is not what the market wants.

Redhat
04-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Negative. The Rami is almost 1/4" thicker, 9oz heavier, not striker fired (not that any new shooter would care) and it has a safety. It's wider and heavier than a Glock 26 which is not what the market wants.

For my requirements, I would call it the same based on similar size and capacity. Striker Fired or DA/SA aren't qualifying factors in my world. Beyond size and capacity, reliability and my ability to shoot it well are the main things I consider.

Polecat
04-05-2020, 06:30 PM
The Rami is a clunky after thought turd, bad trigger sting, really thick poor handling, they could do better, Heck give me a skinny Phantom compact 12 rounds, but shootable.

Zincwarrior
04-05-2020, 06:41 PM

I can understand your view and get it. Different strokes for different folks. Some view that slimness as worth it. That's why we have have most manufacturer s with both double stack and single stack pistols.

Redhat
04-06-2020, 10:55 AM
The Rami is a clunky after thought turd, bad trigger sting, really thick poor handling, they could do better, Heck give me a skinny Phantom compact 12 rounds, but shootable.

This may be the first time I've heard that type negative description of that pistol.

mrozowjj
04-06-2020, 12:53 PM
For my requirements, I would call it the same based on similar size and capacity. Striker Fired or DA/SA aren't qualifying factors in my world. Beyond size and capacity, reliability and my ability to shoot it well are the main things I consider.

If you're happy with it then cool but it's definitely not the same as the P365/Hellcat or even this P-10m; it's much thicker and much heavier.

Redhat
04-06-2020, 01:03 PM
If you're happy with it then cool but it's definitely not the same as the P365/Hellcat or even this P-10m; it's much thicker and much heavier.

Not that I'm "happy with it", I never owned one, but it's been around a good while and I've never talked to anyone or read anything describing it that way. Some people like a little extra weight in these smaller guns but as always YMMV.