PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T1 issue on shotgun

YVK
03-05-2020, 11:41 PM
Peeps, I am out of element here. Decided to put a on optic on my shotgun after a recent disastrous multi-gun match. The shotty is a Remington VersaMax Competition that comes ready to accept a factory provided Pic rail. The optic is Aimpoint T1 'cause I had one. I used OEM Aimpoint mount because it is lowest profile mount I know about.

I ran out of elevation adjustment. After cranking it all the way high, the reduced recoil Fiocchi slugs were still 5-6 inches low at 25 yards. GJM tells me that this is umpossible and something is terribly wrong. I've no idea.

Incidentally, AP T1 screws breaking inside the housing are a problem. I broke one off inside taking this T1 off of Larue mount. Local gunsmith tried to drill it out and drilled out too much. Filled in with some epoxy but it sounds like a weak sauce.

HCM
03-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Wayne Dobbs

Dennis
03-06-2020, 09:58 AM
I run a Benelli M4 with a T1 in a Larue low mount on a Mesa Tactical rail/sidesaddle. I use Winchester Ranger low recoil slugs and sight in @50Y. I have over 2000 slugs downrange in this setup. So basically it should work for you!

Is the rail adding cant somehow? Can you use a laser boresight to see how everything lines up? Maybe the T1 adjustment needs to be "knocked free" by adjusting up and down a bit?

My last qual target @50Y from prone/kneeling/seated positions under time constraints. Yes guys do better than me with open sights but I need all the help I can get!

Dennis.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200306/ff00179febb41edf2a9ad81e028edece.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

John Ralston
03-06-2020, 07:30 PM
I didn't have any issues with one on my Benelli, using a rail and factory mount. Edited to remove the part where my reading comprehension failed...

Erick Gelhaus
03-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Incidentally, AP T1 screws breaking inside the housing are a problem. I broke one off inside taking this T1 off of Larue mount. Local gunsmith tried to drill it out and drilled out too much. Filled in with some epoxy but it sounds like a weak sauce.

Did you reach out to Aimpoint? I need to get one of mine with this problem fixed.

YVK
03-07-2020, 09:06 PM
To give a credit when it is due, Wayne reached out. I am in contact with them.

To sort out the shotgun issue I am buying a cheap RMR mount is will put one of mine on that Versamax. We'll see what comes out.

Doc_Glock
03-07-2020, 10:57 PM
Did you reach out to Aimpoint? I need to get one of mine with this problem fixed.

I have repaired a similar issue with a helicoil. I have heard Aimpoint will warranty them but don’t want to speak for them.