PDA

View Full Version : Which parts to replace in Glock 22 gen 3?

Exiledviking
03-03-2020, 11:17 PM
I finally got all the components to build my Frankenstein gen 3 Glock 34 RTF2. I bought a like new complete gen 3 G34 slide and a lightly used G22 RTF2.
The G22 doesn't appear to have many rounds thru it as the barrel shows very little wear, but the locking block pin did have some wear as did the firing pin block. Thus far I have replaced the slide lock, slide lock spring, locking block pin, firing pin block, and recoil spring assembly. I inspected the locking block and it looks great.

What other parts should I replace as a precaution?

Darth_Uno
03-03-2020, 11:58 PM
I finally got all the components to build my Frankenstein gen 3 Glock 34 RTF2. I bought a like new complete gen 3 G34 slide and a lightly used G22 RTF2.
The G22 doesn't appear to have many rounds thru it as the barrel shows very little wear, but the locking block pin did have some wear as did the firing pin block. Thus far I have replaced the slide lock, slide lock spring, locking block pin, firing pin block, and recoil spring assembly. I inspected the locking block and it looks great.

What other parts should I replace as a precaution?

The only other thing you’ll need to swap on the frame is a 9mm ejector. You said the slide was “complete” so I assume it came with the correct 9mm parts.

Exiledviking
03-04-2020, 12:19 AM
Thank you! The 9mm ejector completely slipped my mind.
Yes, a complete, stock, Glock 34 slide with barrel and RSA.

JHC
03-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Thank you! The 9mm ejector completely slipped my mind.
Yes, a complete, stock, Glock 34 slide with barrel and RSA.

That's a sweet FrankenGlock. I will contemplate similar for my RTF2 G22. Sounds to me like you have it covered.