View Full Version : Homeboy sights

HCL3
05-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Seen at a local gun shop today

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/7169098012_d42994439f_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/7169098328_57dcf271c5_b.jpg

LHS
05-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Wow. I thought for years that was just a photoshop job, but I guess someone got a bright idea. It's kind of fitting it's on a Hi-Point POS.

HCL3
05-10-2012, 01:13 AM
It's kind of fitting it's on a Hi-Point POS.

It's actually a Maverick JS-9 which Google tells me is some kind of predecessor to Hi-Point. This thing was heavy enough to use as an anchor.

LHS
05-10-2012, 01:17 AM
It's actually a Maverick JS-9 which Google tells me is some kind of predecessor to Hi-Point. This thing was heavy enough to use as an anchor.

You mean Hi-Points are actually an IMPROVED version of something? I have lost all faith in humanity, and am now thoroughly convinced that there is no God.

JDM
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
You mean Hi-Points are actually an IMPROVED version of something? I have lost all faith in humanity, and am now thoroughly convinced that there is no God.

Hilarious.

NEPAKevin
05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I stopped by a little gun shop and noticed a stack of High Point boxes in the case. I asked the owner about this and was told that he sold that many each week. Shortly after that, three guys came into his shop, beat him until he lost consciousness, and robbed the store. While at another shop in the area, we started talking about the robbery/assault and its owner stated that he does not deal in High Points or similar type guns as he feels that they attract the criminal element and that he would rather loose the sale.

DonovanM
05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I for one am glad they're not aligned with the barrel properly.

LHS
05-10-2012, 12:27 PM
I stopped by a little gun shop and noticed a stack of High Point boxes in the case. I asked the owner about this and was told that he sold that many each week. Shortly after that, three guys came into his shop, beat him until he lost consciousness, and robbed the store. While at another shop in the area, we started talking about the robbery/assault and its owner stated that he does not deal in High Points or similar type guns as he feels that they attract the criminal element and that he would rather loose the sale.

A dealer once told me that the money he made selling Hi-Points and Judges meant he could afford to stock Colts, LMTs and Daniel Defense rifles that hung on the wall for months before someone bought them.

vaglocker
05-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Those sights really start to shine in urban prone position.

jmjames
05-10-2012, 12:49 PM
A dealer once told me that the money he made selling Hi-Points and Judges meant he could afford to stock Colts, LMTs and Daniel Defense rifles that hung on the wall for months before someone bought them.

That sounds about right. The only LGS near me that has more than one or two EBRs seems to be supporting itself on Taurus, Charter Arms, and Kel-Tecs, with Glocks & XDs as his "high end" pistols.

J.Ja

JFK
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't know why you guys are hating.... I bought a Hi Point. I have put like 25 rounds through it and it has been 100% flawless 90% of the time.

jmjames
05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't know why you guys are hating.... I bought a Hi Point. I have put like 25 rounds through it and it has been 95% flawless.

Most hating is born from envy. :D

I was in a class last weekend, and the instructor was exhorting us to join the NRA, and he mentioned the $2,500 gun theft insurance. I said to the guy next to me, "hey, that would cover 25 Hi Points!" and that's when I found out he was running one. The instructor was astounded when he fired all 50 rounds without failures, and said it was the first time a Hi Point ever made it through one of his classes without a stoppage.

I am often tempted to buy one, just to see first-hand if they are as bad as folks say, but I'm not going to waste my limited training ammo budget on a gun which I won't actually carry or use.

J.Ja

Angered_Kabar
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't know why you guys are hating.... I bought a Hi Point. I have put like 25 rounds through it and it has been 100% flawless 90% of the time.

Every Hi Point owner talking about their Hi Point, ever.

NEPAKevin
05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Black+Person+s+EDC.+EDC+means+every+day+carry.+It+ is_f8cea8_3332338.jpeg

Long tom coffin
05-10-2012, 07:21 PM

And NOW we have figured out why they always have sagging pants. They all carry Hi-Points mexican.

DonovanM
05-10-2012, 08:25 PM

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKiSPUc2Jck&feature=fvwrel

JDM
05-10-2012, 08:41 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKiSPUc2Jck&feature=fvwrel

I'm gonna go ahead and leave this right here, fully expecting 60 or so percent of you to spend $35 dollars on it.

http://www.sex-panther.com/

jslaker
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Most hating is born from envy. :D

I was in a class last weekend, and the instructor was exhorting us to join the NRA, and he mentioned the $2,500 gun theft insurance. I said to the guy next to me, "hey, that would cover 25 Hi Points!" and that's when I found out he was running one. The instructor was astounded when he fired all 50 rounds without failures, and said it was the first time a Hi Point ever made it through one of his classes without a stoppage.

I am often tempted to buy one, just to see first-hand if they are as bad as folks say, but I'm not going to waste my limited training ammo budget on a gun which I won't actually carry or use.

J.Ja

I've half-jokingly suggested a Hi-Point 2000 round challenge here before. I do think it'd be interesting to see.

jmjames
05-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I've half-jokingly suggested a Hi-Point 2000 round challenge here before. I do think it'd be interesting to see.

I'd seriously like to see the results of that. I keep being tempted to buy one, and every time I go to the range, put 50 quick rounds through it and eventually hit 2,000...

J.Ja

ACP230
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I saw a guy shoot a JS9 in a PPC-type match many years ago.
It made it all the way through the match and hit the center of the target when aimed there.
The shooter was a cop and I think he just wanted to see how the thing would do.

I was tempted to show up at those matches with a Mauser Broomhandle but could never get the one I have to work well enough.
It was converted from .30 Mauser to 9mm and I think that was part of the problem.

Never felt like buying anything Hi-Point, or Hi-Point ish. Too many Smith revolvers still in the gun stores.

LHS
05-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I saw a guy shoot a JS9 in a PPC-type match many years ago.
It made it all the way through the match and hit the center of the target when aimed there.
The shooter was a cop and I think he just wanted to see how the thing would do.

I was tempted to show up at those matches with a Mauser Broomhandle but could never get the one I have to work well enough.
It was converted from .30 Mauser to 9mm and I think that was part of the problem.

Never felt like buying anything Hi-Point, or Hi-Point ish. Too many Smith revolvers still in the gun stores.

I'd love to see someone shoot an IPSC or IDPA match with a detachable-mag C96. That would be awesome. I doubt it would fit in the box, though.

theblacknight
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
those are stock glock sights right? fitting.

JFK
05-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and leave this right here, fully expecting 60 or so percent of you to spend $35 dollars on it.

http://www.sex-panther.com/

Dude! They sell this at Boot Barn!

DonovanM
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd love to see someone shoot an IPSC or IDPA match with a detachable-mag C96. That would be awesome. I doubt it would fit in the box, though.

I would. Have one I can borrow? :D