PDA

View Full Version : ToddG NRA Practice Sessions - Still available?

dickmadison
05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I used to see practice sessions that ToddG would have at the NRA range for a few hours on a weekend. Do these still happen? I've taken classes with other schools but they were more concealed carry/CQB/fight focused. I was hoping to learn more Aim Fast Hit Fast style of shooting and incorporate it into my training. I'm just not sure how to make this happen. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

ToddG
05-09-2012, 10:36 PM
It's really a scheduling issue. Between demands on the range and demands on my weekends, the practice sessions have sort of died out. I'm trying to convince some other folks to run something similar at the range if they can get date commitments from the NRA.

dickmadison
05-09-2012, 10:54 PM
It's really a scheduling issue. Between demands on the range and demands on my weekends, the practice sessions have sort of died out. I'm trying to convince some other folks to run something similar at the range if they can get date commitments from the NRA.

Todd, thank you for the quick response. I really appreciate it. I completely understand. If something does work out with those other folks, I hope you will post it somewhere on this forum, and I will definitely sign up.

That being said, I'm not sure if you do this or if it is worth your wild, but do you do private 1 or 2 hour lessons? Even if you don't, do you know anyone good in the area that is good teacher and does that? I understand they might not be doing the exact same thing as you, but I am looking for someone who isn't just going to tell me to "stop jerking the trigger" or the equivalent easy phrase. I was hoping to find someone who is really go a deeper than that, and help get me to an advanced level.

Thank you.

ToddG
05-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't generally do short one-on-one lessons these days, sorry.

jc000
05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
That being said, I'm not sure if you do this or if it is worth your wild, but do you do private 1 or 2 hour lessons? Even if you don't, do you know anyone good in the area that is good teacher and does that? I understand they might not be doing the exact same thing as you, but I am looking for someone who isn't just going to tell me to "stop jerking the trigger" or the equivalent easy phrase. I was hoping to find someone who is really go a deeper than that, and help get me to an advanced level.

Thank you.

I'm in a similar boat as you (in NoVa as well). It's been increasingly difficult to find time to set aside for a full day class, and I was hoping to find some private tutoring for 1-2 hours where I can get some good takeaways to focus on.

dickmadison
05-22-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm in a similar boat as you (in NoVa as well). It's been increasingly difficult to find time to set aside for a full day class, and I was hoping to find some private tutoring for 1-2 hours where I can get some good takeaways to focus on.

Exactly. I feel your pain. Specifically looking for stuff to help prepare for a future AFHF class. Unfortunately, there are not VA classes coming up soon that are still open. I'm a little late to the party...ooops.