PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Gallagher Interview

TheNewbie
02-20-2020, 05:51 PM
Interview with Eddie Gallagher.

I am sure everyone knows at least the basics of the case. Whatever side you are on, I found this interview interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqQjYqR96E

MGW
02-21-2020, 07:30 AM
This one was interesting too. Didn’t listen to the one posted above.

https://youtu.be/A2Hq3QJQ9fw

mmc45414
02-21-2020, 07:56 PM
I listened to the Mike Drop today.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TheNewbie
02-21-2020, 08:14 PM
This one was interesting too. Didn’t listen to the one posted above.

I listened to both. The one you posted is good, but I prefer the one with Ritland just a bit more.

Either interview offers some interesting insight into the world of prosecutions and being the accused. Gallagher comes off good and likable in both interviews, but we are only hearing one side of the story.

El Cid
02-21-2020, 08:25 PM
I don’t have a dog in the fight but I saw this when it aired. It was disturbing if even half of it is true.

It’s title is “The Gallagher Effect” and it includes video interviews. Can’t find the whole thing but found this preview.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8tJcNpi94

Chance B.
02-21-2020, 08:38 PM
The whole thing is available on Hulu.

I don’t have a dog in the fight but I saw this when it aired. It was disturbing if even half of it is true.

It’s title is “The Gallagher Effect” and it includes video interviews. Can’t find the whole thing but found this preview.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8tJcNpi94

Gearqueer
02-23-2020, 10:50 AM
I listened to both Podcasts. I am a little familiar with Stumpf from Joe Rogan, but the other podcast is foreign to me. They both seem like pretty respected guys in their community. That’s one of the things that jumped out at me; both interviewers definitely seem to be Gallagher supporters which may tell us something.

I’m glad this stuff is out here now so we don’t have to rely on the 24-hour news networks to hear a perspective.

This is very damaging to the Navy no matter who is righteous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnO
02-23-2020, 11:30 AM
Either interview offers some interesting insight into the world of prosecutions and being the accused. Gallagher comes off good and likable in both interviews, but we are only hearing one side of the story.

Wasn't the point to give Gallagher an opportunity to get his side out there? We heard plenty of what the media and government wanted us to hear already. It appears that a good bit of what Gallagher tells us is born out by the fact that he was acquitted.

John Hearne
02-23-2020, 11:41 AM
It appears that a good bit of what Gallagher tells us is born out by the fact that he was acquitted.

And if there was ever a jury pool likely to side with the government, I'd think it would be a jury made up of all military members asked to decide a "war crime" that would make them all look bad.

TheNewbie
02-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Wasn't the point to give Gallagher an opportunity to get his side out there? We heard plenty of what the media and government wanted us to hear already. It appears that a good bit of what Gallagher tells us is born out by the fact that he was acquitted.

Yes, I guess I was sort of pointing out the obvious. Personally, I side with Gallagher. What he says in the interviews about the prosecution is scary and disgusting.

bravo7
02-23-2020, 06:35 PM
He was acquitted only because they royally eff’d up the trial. He should be in jail.

Trooper224
02-23-2020, 06:42 PM
Deleted.

john c
02-26-2020, 03:58 AM
He was acquitted only because they royally eff’d up the trial. He should be in jail.

I'm not sure you understand our adversarial form of justice. If "they royally eff'd up the trial" the accused ipso facto gets to go free. If the prosecution can't prove the case, you're acquitted. The burden of proof is on the state.

Spoon Dog
02-26-2020, 05:11 AM
Being acquitted and being innocent are two different things.

TGS
02-26-2020, 07:10 AM
I'm not sure you understand our adversarial form of justice. If "they royally eff'd up the trial" the accused ipso facto gets to go free. If the prosecution can't prove the case, you're acquitted. The burden of proof is on the state.

I think he understands that, John. The point of his post was very obvious to me that he feels Gallagher deserves to be in jail.

LittleLebowski
02-26-2020, 07:31 AM
Notice how the SEALs have respect for Marine Scout Sniper School. Professional and cool.

deflave
02-26-2020, 08:06 PM

Seems like a nice enough guy to me.

john c
02-26-2020, 09:23 PM
I think he understands that, John. The point of his post was very obvious to me that he feels Gallagher deserves to be in jail.

Deserves has got nothing to do with it.

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved." Benjamin Franklin, letter to Benjamin Vaughan, March 14th, 1785.

I'm not taking a side on this one way or another.

TGS
02-26-2020, 09:37 PM
Lower the autism dial and read it like a normal human being.

Warped Mindless
02-27-2020, 08:34 AM

Why?

Every SEAL I personally know, and know of, (know plenty in my line of work) seems to be a big supporter of his.

LittleLebowski
02-27-2020, 09:41 AM

Did you listen to the interview? The witnesses fell apart on the stand.

john c
02-27-2020, 09:36 PM
Lower the autism dial and read it like a normal human being.

It might be my autism, but I think that people who are acquitted at trial don’t deserve to be in jail. That’s whether they did it, or not. Ergo my quote.

I’m pretty absolutist about that.

john c
02-27-2020, 09:37 PM
Did you listen to the interview? The witnesses fell apart on the stand.

Not to mention that another SEAL confessed to the murder on the stand.

TheRoland
02-27-2020, 10:08 PM
I have no horse in this race, but the Medic who confessed to the murder did also testify that Gallagher stabbed the sedated prisoner. He just testified the stab wound might not have been fatal or possibly that the prisoner was already dead. So even if you find him believable (which I didn't), Gallagher is still out there stabbing prisoners. Just not to death.

But everything these days is partisan as hell, so...

TheNewbie
12-25-2020, 11:45 PM
A five hour long interview with Eddie Gallagher on the Shawn Ryan Vigilance Elite channel. Ryan also interviews Gallagher's wife and son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJCGboivPk

BaiHu
12-26-2020, 12:21 AM
I have no horse in this race, but the Medic who confessed to the murder did also testify that Gallagher stabbed the sedated prisoner. He just testified the stab wound might not have been fatal or possibly that the prisoner was already dead. So even if you find him believable (which I didn't), Gallagher is still out there stabbing prisoners. Just not to death.

But everything these days is partisan as hell, so...I haven't finished listening to the 5 hour, but stabbing vs opening an airway seems slightly different. But I've only heard his version so far and not even his whole version.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

breakingtime91
12-26-2020, 01:23 AM
5 hour interview is really well done. Seems like Gallagher is honest and owns up to his mistakes. Regardless of what you think of him, his teammates royally fucked him. Also personally dealing with NCIS in country and after my best friends suicide, they are really unprofessional and pieces of shit.

Le Français
12-26-2020, 04:01 PM
Also personally dealing with NCIS in country and after my best friends suicide, they are really unprofessional and pieces of shit.

Nice broad brush you’ve got there. Some of the most dishonest and cowardly people I’ve ever met have been Marines; that still doesn’t color my view of the group.

Btw, I don’t, never did, and never will work for NCIS. I’ve met some good agents there, though.

breakingtime91
12-26-2020, 04:55 PM
Nice broad brush you’ve got there. Some of the most dishonest and cowardly people I’ve ever met have been Marines; that still doesn’t color my view of the group.

Btw, I don’t, never did, and never will work for NCIS. I’ve met some good agents there, though.

I'm sure we would get along great.

TheRoland
12-26-2020, 05:15 PM
I haven't finished listening to the 5 hour, but stabbing vs opening an airway seems slightly different. But I've only heard his version so far and not even his whole version.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This was forever ago, but at the time I was referring to testimony at the trial, not Youtube. I don't know the truth of the matter but I put a ton more weight on the trial reporting (which I remember to be still pretty unclear) than Youtube (where you can learn that the moon landing is fake).

BaiHu
12-26-2020, 06:15 PM
This was forever ago, but at the time I was referring to testimony at the trial, not Youtube. I don't know the truth of the matter but I put a ton more weight on the trial reporting (which I remember to be still pretty unclear) than Youtube (where you can learn that the moon landing is fake).

I'd argue that there have been plenty of people railroaded by the justice system from every walk of life. BS on YoutTube is SOP, CAN be used to color the innocent guilty and vice versa, but typically has less weight than a courtroom.

Not arguing one way or the other, just saying that balancing the scales of justice is just as difficult as "reporting the facts".

LittleLebowski
12-26-2020, 08:31 PM
Given that the prosecution was proven to be crooked, that the chain of command was proven to be doing their best to be influencing the community, and the fact that all of the prosecution’s witnesses fell the fuck apart on the stand; I’m not at all ambiguous about my opinion on this.

LittleLebowski
12-27-2020, 11:55 AM
I'd argue that there have been plenty of people railroaded by the justice system from every walk of life. BS on YoutTube is SOP, CAN be used to color the innocent guilty and vice versa, but typically has less weight than a courtroom.

Not arguing one way or the other, just saying that balancing the scales of justice is just as difficult as "reporting the facts".

Cough...RICHARD JEWELL...Cough...cough.

BaiHu
12-27-2020, 11:59 AM
Cough...RICHARD JEWELL...Cough...cough.

Wow! Blast from the past! (pun intended)

Hambo
12-27-2020, 01:31 PM
I've seen Gallagher interviewed on a news show, and watched parts of the 5 hour interview as well as all of another. Each and every time I feel like I'm listening to high school girls, not Naval Special Warfare. "They didn't want to do this." "They went to this person and told them I was mean." WTF? Is that really life in a SEAL platoon? If these guys were whining about having to do their job, why were they still on a team?

Joe S
12-27-2020, 02:48 PM
I've seen Gallagher interviewed on a news show, and watched parts of the 5 hour interview as well as all of another. Each and every time I feel like I'm listening to high school girls, not Naval Special Warfare. "They didn't want to do this." "They went to this person and told them I was mean." WTF? Is that really life in a SEAL platoon? If these guys were whining about having to do their job, why were they still on a team?

I agree with this sentiment and suppose that as far as reasons, their ops tempo had been running high for a while. There was a lot of work to be done, SEALs were getting a lot of it on their plate, and that meant guys coming through the pipeline a little quicker, to keep up momentum/fill losses, those same guys were needed in busy units when problems started to crop up, and leadership had "bigger" worries on their mind and figured they could trust everyone involved to man up.

Important lesson in leadership, especially small units: take care of your people, and make sure your people take care of their people. Not a knock on anyone.

Hambo
12-27-2020, 04:53 PM
I agree with this sentiment and suppose that as far as reasons, their ops tempo had been running high for a while. There was a lot of work to be done, SEALs were getting a lot of it on their plate, and that meant guys coming through the pipeline a little quicker, to keep up momentum/fill losses, those same guys were needed in busy units when problems started to crop up, and leadership had "bigger" worries on their mind and figured they could trust everyone involved to man up.

Important lesson in leadership, especially small units: take care of your people, and make sure your people take care of their people. Not a knock on anyone.

You're probably right, but after the first guys packs his paint scraper and heads off to the fleet, everybody else should fall in line.

breakingtime91
12-27-2020, 05:46 PM
You're probably right, but after the first guys packs his paint scraper and heads off to the fleet, everybody else should fall in line.

Ya that is what surprised me also. Besides what someone said earlier in the thread, none of the guys I fought alongside ever showed that sentiment.