PDA

View Full Version : A Newby wants to introduce himself...

jayjay1
05-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Hey guys (and girls?),

I am a big bore shooter from "the old continent" (Germany).
Shooting pistols and rifles as well with big enthusiasm and being reloading for a couple of years now too.

I am a little bit over 20 :rolleyes: and getting more and more bored by the "static" disciplines.

I came here to get a lot of infos in dynamic hand gun - shooting, being interrested and looking forward to start with IPSC (Production).
My main interest right now is to find the right pistol for that.

Up to now I look for the Glocks (G34 maybe), the H&K (P30L), the CZ (Shadow) and the FN (FNP 9).

I hope to get a lot of infos about these subjects inhere and I am always willing to give infos as far as I can.

Greetz from Germany,
J.

(No, I don´t wear short leather trousers.
No, I don´t drink beer the whole day (just sometimes...:cool: )
No, I don´t wear a hat with a goat brush on it.
I am German, not an traditional Bavarian.
I am not Bavarian at all. ;) :D )

JDM
05-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Welcome!

jstyer
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Willkommen heißen pistol-forum...

Can't go wrong with the G34 or P30! I've heard good things about the FN, but I have no personal experience.

TGS
05-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Guten tag!

Kontakt Montrala (http://www.hkpro.com/forum/members/2313.html) bei HKPRO.com. Er ist ein schutzer mit IDPA/IPSC und kommt aus Polen, aber konkurriert im Deutschland. Vergib mir fur meine schlecten Deutsch; ich habe in viele jahren nicht Deutsche geschreiben.

Kauf der HK!

Tschuss,

TGS

gtmtnbiker98
05-08-2012, 11:56 AM
How cheesy is it to use Google translate, TGS? Seriously. BTW, the P30L is an excellent choice. At least you won't have to worry about the date of manufacture and the revision number on various parts.

TGS
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
How cheesy is it to use Google translate, TGS? Seriously. BTW, the P30L is an excellent choice. At least you won't have to worry about the date of manufacture and the revision number on various parts.

I used a dictionary, damn you! Don't be hatin' on my conjugations that would fail for a 3rd grade German kid.

BaiHu
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I used a dictionary, damn you! Don't be hatin' on my conjugations that would fail for a 3rd grade German kid.

Haters are always gonna hate, TGS. Welcome to the crew and as they already said, you have some good choices, but I'm partial to the P30 series.

theblacknight
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Sup dude!I'm gonna be passing thru Germany soon, whats a good pale ale/india pale ale to look for?

jayjay1
05-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey everybody and thanks for your welcome inhere!

Wooha,
TGS, let´s write in English please. :rolleyes:

@BaiHu:
Where to in Germany do you go?

Germany has 16 states with different cultures, history and beer.
:D

We have 1.300 brewerys over here which are all bound to the German "Reinheitsgebot".
This goes back to a law, enacted 1516, which allows the brewers only to use hop, barm, malt and water to make beer - and nothing else!

But take care, in the opposite of US - beers I have tried, the German beer contains alcohol.
:cool:

If you are going to the Southwest, try the Rothaus "Tannenzäpfle" or the Fürstenberg.
In the Southeast, you should look for Schwarzbräu Pilsener or Kulmbacher Edelherb Premium Pils.
But in Bavaria, you shouldn´t look out for pale ale, no sir!
There you MUST try a Weizen, no doubt!
Hacker Pschorr, Hofbräu or Paulaner for example.

In the North, nah-hm, well-well, do they have beer too up there?
Sorry, but I really don´t know a beer from the North that´s worth to talk about :p

cutter
05-09-2012, 03:29 PM
In the North, nah-hm, well-well, do they have beer too up there?
Sorry, but I really don´t know a beer from the North that´s worth to talk about :p

Ha! Sounds like people around here arguing about barbecue. Our beers are not worth arguing about, but you can sure start up some fights over what region has the best 'cue.

Slavex
05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Welcome, get a Shadow. For gaming, it's the go to gun.