PDA

View Full Version : Hansohn Brothers has a Hi Standard for sale

LittleLebowski
02-07-2020, 08:19 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844522453

MistWolf
02-09-2020, 11:40 AM
Those are beautiful handguns. My father bought a new Dura-Matic for my mother to use as house defense when he was away. He'd say "It's only a 22, but your mother can shoot out well. Anyone who breaks into the house will find himself with a new set of buttonholes for his shirt."

After Dad found out how well Mom shot that little Dura-Matic (she shot it better than my father), he sold it and bought her a four inch blued S&W K frame in 38 Special. His claim was that Mom needed something better than a 22.. Dad was dismayed to discover Mom could outshoot him with that little 38 as well- Dad shooting it single action; Mom, double action.

As a kid, I put a lot of rounds through Mom's Dura-Matic. It was one of the sweetest shooting pistols I've ever had the pleasure to fire. It was a sad day when High Standard dropped the 22 Automatics from their line up

Jim Watson
02-09-2020, 12:15 PM
High Standard didn't exactly "drop the .22 automatics" the company folded. it was somewhat reconstituted in Texas but never had as good a reputation in spite of relocating as many of the Connecticut employees as possible. They went down a couple of years ago. There is one guy with a rump organization in Texas selling parts and claiming he IS High Standard, while the president was going to move again.