PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92 Pistols Test Quiz Questions - Final Batch

hoppy70
05-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on Beretta 92 Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future. There are over 60 quiz questions that cover this course. I have answered most of the required quiz questions but I am having some concerns related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have received conflicting answers. This is the final batch of questions that I have conflicting problems with. Thanks for your help.

Note #8. What stops the rearward movement of the slide?
a) The barrel bushing
b) The locking block
c) The slide catch
d) The takedown latch
e) The frame

Note #9. What prevents the barrel from coming off the front of the frame?
a) The slide catch
b) The magazine follower
c) The takedown lever (takedown latch)
d) The hammer bushing

Note #10. When you pull the trigger, the trigger bar moves
a) forward
b) backward
c) in
d) out

Note #11. When you pull the trigger in double action, what pulls the hammer rearward?
a) The sear
b) The safety
c) The ziti latch
d) The trigger bar

Note #12. The firing pin blocking lever is activated by what gun part?
a) The sear
b) The safety
c) The trigger bar
d) The trigger

Note #14. The firing pin blocking safety
a) prevents the sear from tripping the hammer
b) prevents the firing pin from protruding out of the breech face
c) prevents the trigger from being pulled far enough rearward to fir the gun
d) none of the above

Again, thanks for your help!

jslaker
05-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on Beretta 92 Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future. There are over 60 quiz questions that cover this course. I have answered most of the required quiz questions but I am having some concerns related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have received conflicting answers. This is the final batch of questions that I have conflicting problems with. Thanks for your help.

a) The barrel bushing
b) The locking block
c) The slide catch
d) The takedown latch
e) The frame

a) The slide catch
b) The magazine follower
d) The hammer bushing

a) forward
b) backward
c) in
d) out

Note #11. When you pull the trigger in double action, what pulls the hammer rearward?
a) The sear
b) The safety
c) The ziti latch
d) The trigger bar

a) The sear
b) The safety
c) The trigger bar
d) The trigger

d) none of the above

It's been a while since I've torn a 92 apart. I'm honestly unsure on the first two. On the rest, I believe it's 10,b;11,d;12,c;14,b.

I could be entirely wrong. I'm genuinely curious since it's been 3-4 years since I've had a chance to work with a 92 and the mechanical engineering is one of the things that got me interested in handguns.

5pins
05-07-2012, 09:28 AM
#8= It’s my understanding is that the portion in front of the locking block on the barrel stops the slide. So I’m thinking it’s “b”. But the correct answer should be Barrel.
#9= c
#10= a
#11=d
#12=c
#14=b

Suvorov
05-07-2012, 09:31 AM

a) The barrel bushing
b) The locking block
c) The slide catch
d) The takedown latch
e) The frame

a) The slide catch
b) The magazine follower
d) The hammer bushing

a) forward
b) backward
c) in
d) out

a) The sear
b) The safety
c) The ziti latch
d) The trigger bar

a) The sear
b) The safety
c) The trigger bar
d) The trigger

d) none of the above

Should be correct. #12 confused me at first as I thought then meant the actual block and not the lever.

Slavex
05-07-2012, 03:12 PM
These answers would be most easily answered by having a Beretta in your hands. It concerns me that a person can get a certification to work on these guns without actually touching one. The answers to the questions are obvious and simply deduced with gun in hand.

hoppy70
05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
These answers would be most easily answered by having a Beretta in your hands. It concerns me that a person can get a certification to work on these guns without actually touching one. The answers to the questions are obvious and simply deduced with gun in hand.

There are many firearms included in this self taught course and I cannot afford to buy all of them. Plus, after I complete this course I will be working with a local gunsmith in order to get hands on training. Thanks!

Slavex
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Gotcha. I'd still be trying to get hands on though, either through friends guns or ones at the shop you're going to be at. The questions you've posted are obviously intended to have you study the working mechanism of the gun, not just read about it.

Lomshek
05-14-2012, 10:40 PM
The questions you've posted are obviously intended to have you study the working mechanism of the gun, not just read about it.

I agree. This sounds like not just wanting you to memorize the correct answers but actually have a comprehensive understanding of what makes the (any) gun work. Without that comprehensive knowledge you will not be able to diagnose malfunctions and figure out the cure.

Not bashing you but Slavex is right that you really should get ahold of one of these guns to figure it out as you go over the material. Gunsmithing is a hands on vocation and not something that will be learned without a major hands on component to the instruction.