PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer'

Amp
02-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Say a prayer for him: https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-advanced-lung-cancer

LittleLebowski
02-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Damnit.

wasserpistole
02-03-2020, 04:45 PM
This is very sad! I've listened to him my whole life. Makes me question my cigar smoking for just a second...

LockedBreech
02-03-2020, 05:15 PM
Fuck cancer.

Hieronymous
02-03-2020, 05:18 PM
This hit me hard. Before Drudge, Fox News, Breitbart, el al, there was Rush. When the left controlled essentially all major media entities, there was Rush. Rush has been one of the great educators of conservatism of our time. May he recover with or without the prayers of Calypso Louis, Senator "Chuck-U" Schumer, "F" Chuck Todd, and the denizens of Rio Linda.

Pepper
02-03-2020, 05:52 PM
This is very sad! I've listened to him my whole life. Makes me question my cigar smoking for just a second...

Remember, he was a cigarette smoker: "formally nicotine stained fingers"

StraitR
02-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Fuck cancer.

Greg
02-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Fuck cancer.

This

AKDoug
02-03-2020, 07:23 PM
The first gift I gave my mother in law was a copy of See I Told You So.. she gave me hug and said “we’re going to get along just fine”.

Rush has been a big part of my entertainment for almost 30 years and it’s going to suck when he’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvincent
02-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Rush and I have baled a lot of hay and planted a lot crops together. He was a constant radio companion back in those days. Right there in the cab with me, on the AM band.
I truly respect the man, and I wish him the best.

And, since it doesn't get said near enough,
FUCK CANCER.

Stephanie B
02-03-2020, 07:55 PM
I don't respect him one iota, I think he is one of the more hate-filled people on the planet. But having said that, I wish him well. I wouldn't wish lung cancer on anyone.

Dan_S
02-03-2020, 08:07 PM
I don't respect him one iota, I think he is one of the more hate-filled people on the planet. But having said that, I wish him well. I wouldn't wish lung cancer on anyone.

Hate, and hypocrisy...

Casual Friday
02-03-2020, 08:09 PM
That really sucks. Lung cancer is a tough one.

Long before Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS for short, was a thing, there was Rush Derangement Syndrome (RDS). It often affected people who failed to realize that by not tuning their radio to his broadcast, he could have no influence on their life whatsoever.

Redhat
02-03-2020, 09:42 PM
Prayers out for Rush

LittleLebowski
02-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Hate, and hypocrisy...

I used to think that until I started listening to him.

Bart Carter
02-03-2020, 11:47 PM
I don't respect him one iota, I think he is one of the more hate-filled people on the planet...

I can't believe it, I feel the same way about Pelosi, Schumer, Hillary, Nadler, Schiff ... I could go on.

Borderland
02-03-2020, 11:51 PM
Well, he did apologize for calling Sandra Fluke a slut. "Talent on loan from god" always made me kind of wonder a little about the guy. He reminded me of the televangelist Oral Roberts. Never listened to him much.

I wish him well.

LittleLebowski
02-04-2020, 07:12 AM
Well, he did apologize for calling Sandra Fluke a slut. "Talent on loan from god" always made me kind of wonder a little about the guy. He reminded me of the televangelist Oral Roberts. Never listened to him much.

I wish him well.

That's just his sense of humor. If you listen to him, he's actually gracious and polite. For a long time, he had a thing about giving iPhones to his listeners, he gave away a lot of iPhones.

Spartan1980
02-04-2020, 09:28 AM
That's just his sense of humor. If you listen to him, he's actually gracious and polite. For a long time, he had a thing about giving iPhones to his listeners, he gave away a lot of iPhones.

^^^ Very much this. I've listened to Rush off and on since he went on the air. In the early days he used a lot more humor and parody than he uses now.

Stephanie B he doesn't hate anyone. What he hates is liberalism and what it does and has done to our country.

ACP230
02-04-2020, 07:32 PM
I just figured Dan_S was talking about Stephanie.

Glock1911
02-04-2020, 07:45 PM
I spent many hours on surveillance, patrol and leisure time with Rush on the radio,

ccmdfd
02-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Trump to award Limbaugh medal of freedom.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/politics/rush-limbaugh-donald-trump-medal-of-freedom/index.html

Bucky
02-04-2020, 08:42 PM

^^ This ^^

Admittedly, it’s not obvious to a new listener. I didn’t get it at first either.

Medusa
02-05-2020, 12:42 AM
I used to think that until I started listening to him.

I was neutral on him until I listened to him. Sophistry is too kind a word for what he served up.

TheNewbie
02-05-2020, 12:54 AM
I was neutral on him until I listened to him. Sophistry is too kind a word for what he served up.

He wasn’t perfect but he fought the left. The left is an anti-American force of hatred and chaos.

He stood for freedom more than many.

Dan_S
02-05-2020, 01:20 AM

I don’t particularly appreciate the fact that the public faces of pretty much every movement, are hypocrites. That he struggled with addiction, to me is not at issue, but rather the statements made about drug users. While the bit about ‘talent on loan from God’ more than a little...corny...it doesn’t connect well with the sex tourism in the Caribbean. If you make public statements about your own moral virtue, it makes your private sins relevant in ways that I would think would not escape an individual capable of the slightest bit of introspection.

I watch what I say, because I fully realize that my condemnation of others can only damn myself as well. However, I don’t feel obliged to follow a hypocritical ‘leader’ off the cliff, either.

I wish him the best in his fight with cancer. I truly do, but that is despite everything he claims to stand for, not because of it.

blues
02-05-2020, 09:18 AM
I also wish him the best in regard to his health.

I was sort of taken aback by the demonstration of surprise when the Medal of Freedom was bestowed. I mean we've been reading about it for days online, there was no need to act like it was the first he was hearing of it.

Once a showman...

Anyway, I do hope his path ahead will be as comfortable as possible.

Spartan1980
02-05-2020, 09:43 AM
I also wish him the best in regard to his health.

I was sort of taken aback by the demonstration of surprise when the Medal of Freedom was bestowed. I mean we've been reading about it for days online, there was no need to act like it was the first he was hearing of it.

Once a showman...

Anyway, I do hope his path ahead will be as comfortable as possible.

I think it's a given that he knew. He probably thought it would just be a small gathering at the White House like all the others. He was probably not aware that it was to be announced much less presented during the SOTU. It's not a stretch to think he was surprised by that. Hell, just having Melania present it would have floored me, she is one beautiful woman.

blues
02-05-2020, 09:51 AM
I think it's a given that he knew. He probably thought it would just be a small gathering at the White House like all the others.

Maybe so. That would certainly make the reaction more palatable.