PDA

View Full Version : Green dot vs red Holosun 510

Steven T
02-03-2020, 09:53 AM
I want a Holosun 510 (https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS510C-Reflex-Circle-Holographic/dp/B081QDVRXM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=ratio07-20&linkId=49689adce7d467120ff3410bdc90317d&language=en_US) for my PCC, does anyone have any experience using the green reticle compared to the red?
I am leaning toward getting the green but was curious if anyone had used one.
I fear ordering the latest and greatest only to be disappointed. I am concerned that the green might wash out in the bright sunlight that I generally shoot in.

GJM
02-03-2020, 09:57 AM
I want a Holosun 510 for my PCC, does anyone have any experience using the green reticle compared to the red?
I am leaning toward getting the green but was curious if anyone had used one.
I fear ordering the latest and greatest only to be disappointed. I am concerned that the green might wash out in the bright sunlight that I generally shoot in.

I have both and prefer red so I can also run a green visible laser and not be confused as to which is which.

Steven T
02-03-2020, 10:11 AM
Had not considered a green laser, but...Now that you mention it. Red it is! Thanks!

Alpha Sierra
02-03-2020, 10:43 AM
Never looked through a green-reticle RDS, but I can tell you that green FO front sights disappear for me.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that this is a very eyesight dependent thing. If you buy a green one, I'd make sure first to buy from some place with an ironclad return policy.

Steven T
02-03-2020, 05:14 PM
GJM's point of running a green laser never occurred to me, but once I thought about it I ordered red. Now I'll probably have to buy a damn green laser. Oh well after a Holosun 510 and a Glock 43x today whats a little more money.

StraitR
02-03-2020, 07:43 PM
I've not looked through either of these, but I tend to keep all my dots red for commonality.

I also think it depends on where you live. I live in Central Florida, where it's green everywhere outside for 12 months out of the year. I've looked through plenty of Trijicon Accupoints with green reticles and I lose the dots quickly.

GJM
02-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Same reason I like the TLR-8GA on a pistol with a red dot.