PDA

View Full Version : Ride Share to Lewisberry, PA May 6 IDPA Match Anyone?

cclaxton
05-05-2012, 08:07 AM
I am going to the Lewisberry, PA SightsPractical IDPA club match on Sunday, May 6. It is about 2.5 hour drive from Vienna, VA, where I live.
I am leaving no later than 6:30AM for the match from Vienna/Annadale, VA. If anyone wants to share the ride, let me know at cclaxton@verizon.net.

We can share driving or not. A little towards gas would be appreciated. Smokers ok, but no smoking in my car. I will follow the Maryland rules while in Maryland.

The COF is usually 6 stages, one of which is a shoothouse and other is usually a indoor-flashlight stage. More info at: http://sightspracticalshooter.com/

CC

cclaxton
05-06-2012, 06:51 PM
This is a great regional match.
They had six stages, including one shoothouse, one indoor blind stage, and four other stages.
The shoothouse is really great, and I can tell I need lots of tactical practice...I just move too slow and don't move to cover in a smarter way.
The other thing I learned today is when you shoot from a doorway from one side using cover you may not see a target unless you check the other side of the door.

Nice weather, beautiful day, good COF, and always ends with Pizza. Great bunch of guys and gals there.

My match time is not where I want it to be yet, but working through Todd's list of drills and hoping to see improvement over this summer.

Next: Fairfax Rod and Gun IDPA May 12 in Manassas.

CC