PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the Holosun PMO product line

GJM
01-23-2020, 01:24 PM
There seem to be a bunch of existing and new Holosun pistol optics. However, I am totally confused as to what and why in the various offerings. Hoping someone can summarize what they have.

TicTacticalTimmy
01-23-2020, 02:38 PM
There seem to be a bunch of existing and new Holosun pistol optics. However, I am totally confused as to what and why in the various offerings. Hoping someone can summarize what they have.

My attempt:

507C= core model. 2 MOA dot with 32 MOA ring.
507C-gr= same as 507C, but with green reticle.
407C= same as 507 except only 2 MOA dot option
407CO= one dot option like 407C but instead of a 2MOA dot it is an 8MOA ring
508T= titanium "elite" models. Like 507C but titanium housing which should be tougher and lighter weight. Also black lettering instead if "Holosun" in big white letters as on cheaper models. Also available in green.
509T= closed emitter, ACRO-ish clone but with all the 507C/508T features. Unique mounting system that is like ACRO but different with RMR adapters to be available soon. Uses CR1632 battery all above models are CR2032.

507K/407K= Shield RMSC mounting system and size. Like 507C and 407C, the 507K has ring/dot reticle choices while 407K is limited to 2MOA dot.

For 2020 the 507 and 508 are being upgraded with a side loading battery tray and bigger buttons. Unsure if this will extend to 407.
For 2020 the 508 is being upgraded to a rectangular housing for better durability in drops.

For further confusion I believe they are releasing an amber reticle for color blind folks across their lineup.

GJM
01-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Excellent!

TicTacticalTimmy
01-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Also, here is a comparison of battery capacities:

CR2032= 235 mAH= 407, 507, 508, RMR, DP Pro, RMSc
Cr1662= 130 mAH= 509, 407/507K(assuming for now), Romeo Zero
CR1225= 50 mAH = ACRO

RAM Engineer
01-23-2020, 04:12 PM
I know they previously used the 2032, but do the new side-loading 407, 507, 508 optics still use the 2032? Not sure how they could fit that in a side-loader.

Clusterfrack
01-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Anyone know what is up with the "battery-less" pistol optic we are seeing from Shot Show pics?

cornstalker
01-23-2020, 04:23 PM
My attempt:

508T= titanium "elite" models. Like 507C but titanium housing which should be tougher and lighter weight. Also black lettering instead if "Holosun" in big white letters as on cheaper models. Also available in green.
509T= closed emitter, ACRO-ish clone but with all the 507C/508T features. Unique mounting system that is like ACRO but different with RMR adapters to be available soon. Uses CR1632 battery all above models are CR2032.

507K/407K= Shield RMSC mounting system and size. Like 507C and 407C, the 507K has ring/dot reticle choices while 407K is limited to 2MOA dot.

For 2020 the 507 and 508 are being upgraded with a side loading battery tray and bigger buttons. Unsure if this will extend to 407.
For 2020 the 508 is being upgraded to a rectangular housing for better durability in drops.

For further confusion I believe they are releasing an amber reticle for color blind folks across their lineup.

Well done!

Alpha Sierra
01-23-2020, 04:30 PM
Anyone know what is up with the "battery-less" pistol optic we are seeing from Shot Show pics?

Not sure how can it be battery less without something to turn ambient light into a reticle (fiber optic or solar cell) and with something self luminous for when ambient light isn't enough.

Not sure why people are getting stirred up over it when Trijicon did it years ago.

matt7184
01-23-2020, 04:51 PM
Not sure how can it be battery less without something to turn ambient light into a reticle (fiber optic or solar cell) and with something self luminous for when ambient light isn't enough.

Not sure why people are getting stirred up over it when Trijicon did it years ago.

It's supposed to be solar powered using the existing MOS footprint.

The new 407s will come in v2 (1632 side tray feeding) as well, but dot only like the current gen.

Erick Gelhaus
01-23-2020, 06:04 PM

As a red/green deficient individual, that's a pretty interesting tweak. It looked good in the hall. I need to see it outdoors at noon, in the desert, etc as well as at night with a good WML illuminating a light-colored shirt. But, as of now, I like it's potential.

Erick Gelhaus
01-23-2020, 06:06 PM

Regarding the prototype from Holosun, that made the overall package noticeably shorter, smaller and appears to put the dot just over a stock height front sight.

Alpha Sierra
01-23-2020, 07:22 PM
It's supposed to be solar powered

If it doesn't have a battery, how does it power up once ambient light is not enough to drive the solar cell? What keeps it on when you have it in the dark, concealed under your clothes?

The only other solid state electrical energy storage device that I know of is a capacitor. And capacitors are burst discharge devices.

So.....

We're back to my original question. This thing either has a rechargeable battery to run when there's not enough solar cell output, in which case Holosun is lying. Or it has some self luminous source, in which case this is nothing new, since Trijicon already did it years ago.

Or?

Rather than fall for hype, I'd rather do some critical thinking and ask uncomfortable questions.

The MOS footprint integral base thing is somewhat creative, but it means fuck all to those who don't have Glocks.

HeavyDuty
01-23-2020, 07:53 PM
If it doesn't have a battery, how does it power up once ambient light is not enough to drive the solar cell? What keeps it on when you have it in the dark, concealed under your clothes?

The only other solid state electrical energy storage device that I know of is a capacitor. And capacitors are burst discharge devices.

So.....

We're back to my original question. This thing either has a rechargeable battery to run when there's not enough solar cell output, in which case Holosun is lying. Or it has some self luminous source, in which case this is nothing new, since Trijicon already did it years ago.

Or?

Rather than fall for hype, I'd rather do some critical thinking and ask uncomfortable questions.

The MOS footprint integral base thing is somewhat creative, but it means fuck all to those who don't have Glocks.

We use electrolytic capacitors for longer term use all of the time. One of my bass pickups, some models, etc. you just don’t want to leave them on all of the time, runtime is measured in hours.

Alpha Sierra
01-23-2020, 08:35 PM
We use electrolytic capacitors for longer term use all of the time. One of my bass pickups, some models, etc. you just don’t want to leave them on all of the time, runtime is measured in hours.

I doubt one fits inside a tiny RDS. I'm curious to know what is Holosun's solution, but I won't be participating in the hype parties.

Eyesquared
01-23-2020, 11:36 PM
I am not much of a pistol red dot guy, but I don't understand the excitement over that Holosun. With so many people already concealing RMRs why make an optic for a full size or compact gun that seems substantially smaller and less usable?

TicTacticalTimmy
01-24-2020, 02:32 PM
I doubt one fits inside a tiny RDS. I'm curious to know what is Holosun's solution, but I won't be participating in the hype parties.

https://www.recoilweb.com/prototype-holosun-red-dot-teased-new-gen-2-models-at-shot-157096.html

Above article shows the MOS sight in some detail.

No replaceable battery, just a solar panel. Holosun claims leaving it in the sun for a day charges it for 2,000 hours(!)

TicTacticalTimmy
01-24-2020, 02:40 PM
My attempt:

Edit:
2020 revised optics ALL use CR1632 battery, not CR2032. If it has a side loading tray, it is CR1632
407K appears to be 6MOA dot, not 2 MOA dot

Alpha Sierra
01-24-2020, 03:52 PM
No replaceable battery, just a solar panel. Holosun claims leaving it in the sun for a day charges it for 2,000 hours(!)
So it does have a battery. Instead of having to worry about changing it once a year you have to worry about leaving the gun out exposed to light enough to keep the battery from running down.

Alpha Sierra
01-24-2020, 03:56 PM
I am not much of a pistol red dot guy, but I don't understand the excitement over that Holosun. With so many people already concealing RMRs why make an optic for a full size or compact gun that seems substantially smaller and less usable?
You don't use the window as some sort of peep

TicTacticalTimmy
01-24-2020, 04:08 PM
So it does have a battery. Instead of having to worry about changing it once a year you have to worry about leaving the gun out exposed to light enough to keep the battery from running down.

Yes, but if (big if) their estimates are correct, you only need to leave it in the sun to charge once per year.

Alpha Sierra
01-24-2020, 04:51 PM
Yes, but if (big if) their estimates are correct, you only need to leave it in the sun to charge once per year.

Logistically that's a bigger pain in the ass than sliding a new battery in.

Eyesquared
01-24-2020, 07:32 PM
You don't use the window as some sort of peep

I understand that. As a USPSA shooter yourself, you understand why people like the bigger windows on the Romeo 3 Max, Trijicon SRO, Leupold DPP, etc. I would much rather see Holosun put out a similar optic that is overall similar in window size to an RMR or even a larger optic.

frozentundra
01-25-2020, 11:11 PM

I'm trying to link a very informative video from the Holosun booth at shot show at the correct time mark.

https://youtu.be/z69MCzbAQnM?t=1909

Holosun starts at about 31'50" if link no workie.

Super77
01-26-2020, 10:55 AM
I have an Ecodrive watch with their capacitor. No idea if it's the same thing Holosun will be using, but they can be permanently damaged if you let them discharge too much (like if you leave the watch in a drawer for too long) and it's pretty expensive to replace. Hopefully the no-battery Holosun doesn't have the same problem.

Trukinjp13
01-27-2020, 09:38 AM
Technically any time you are shooting the pistol and it’s light out you will be charging the sight correct? Therefor unless you leave it in the safe for the duration I do not know if you would ever fully discharge the battery.

The mos specific mounting would be awesome for mos owners. Low mount and less parts with a factory cut slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha Sierra
01-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Technically any time you are shooting the pistol and it’s light out you will be charging the sight correct?
Most of the time.

The solar panel's output needs to be split between powering the electronics and charging the battery/capacitor/whatever, but the split isn't fixed.

The electronics that run the sight will always take first cut of the cell's output. Whatever amperage is left over will go to recharge.

The solar cell's output depends on the amount of available light. There may or may not be enough light on overcast days (or other less that full sunlight situations) to power the sight and charge the battery.

frozentundra
01-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Soon we are going to have holsters with battery packs and lights mounted in them. :cool:

S391
01-28-2020, 12:23 PM
I'm trying to link a very informative video from the Holosun booth at shot show at the correct time mark.

https://youtu.be/z69MCzbAQnM?t=1909

Holosun starts at about 31'50" if link no workie.

Great video, thank you for the link!!

RAM Engineer
01-28-2020, 12:46 PM
Soon we are going to have holsters with battery packs and lights mounted in them. :cool:

If you’re going that route, a better option might be charging contacts in holster and on optic. Like when I drop my AirPods into their charging case.

RAM Engineer
01-29-2020, 12:42 AM
If you’re going that route, a better option might be charging contacts in holster and on optic. Like when I drop my AirPods into their charging case.

Or wireless charging...

Alpha Sierra
01-29-2020, 04:55 PM
509T review by Dave Timm

https://youtu.be/yw8V4p7MWRA

TAZ
01-30-2020, 04:05 PM
Most of the time.

The solar panel's output needs to be split between powering the electronics and charging the battery/capacitor/whatever, but the split isn't fixed.

The electronics that run the sight will always take first cut of the cell's output. Whatever amperage is left over will go to recharge.

The solar cell's output depends on the amount of available light. There may or may not be enough light on overcast days (or other less that full sunlight situations) to power the sight and charge the battery.

They have some problems to overcome when it comes to capacitive operation of the optic, but I sure as shit applaud them for trying to improvise and improve their product lines. They are in the mood to win marketshare so they are responding to customer feedback. I think that's a good thing.

I would think that if they can add a magnetic charging port the sight system would be great. If it can run a full year on a single charge the biggest worry will be to not misplace the charger. Low profile, easy to machine cut out, can use factory sights... I truly wish them luck in making it work reliably

Alpha Sierra
01-30-2020, 04:35 PM
They have some problems to overcome when it comes to capacitive operation of the optic

Curious as to what the problems are. Can you expand on that?

TAZ
01-30-2020, 07:29 PM
Curious as to what the problems are. Can you expand on that?

Sorry, the post came across as my knowing what they are facing. I have no specific knowledge of their designs. The same issues that folks faced with other rechargeable items, but this time its for a life saving device so the reliability needs to be of a higher order.

Alpha Sierra
01-31-2020, 04:46 AM
Sorry, the post came across as my knowing what they are facing. I have no specific knowledge of their designs. The same issues that folks faced with other rechargeable items, but this time its for a life saving device so the reliability needs to be of a higher order.

Ah, OK

I tend to lean towards the side of product developers and engineers understanding the core function of their product and proceeding accordingly. In other words I give them the benefit of the doubt that they thought of such issues ahead of time.

But then the product better perform.

rob_s
01-31-2020, 07:14 AM
Ah, OK

I tend to lean towards the side of product developers and engineers understanding the core function of their product and proceeding accordingly. In other words I give them the benefit of the doubt that they thought of such issues ahead of time.

But then the product better perform.

Just because they haven’t figured it all out yet doesn’t mean they won’t.

Frankly, for me, the wailing and gnashing of teeth (in two threads, no less) about this prototype new product makes it THE product of SHOT 2020!

GJM
01-31-2020, 07:26 AM
I just ordered a 512C, for use on a PCC. It is a closed emitter design and the big brother to the 509T.

http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/126.html

Alpha Sierra
01-31-2020, 08:30 AM
I just ordered a 512C, for use on a PCC. It is a closed emitter design and the big brother to the 509T.

http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/126.html

What about it made you decide on it vs a tubular/cylindrical reflex like the H403/H503/H515?

GJM
01-31-2020, 09:42 AM
What about it made you decide on it vs a tubular/cylindrical reflex like the H403/H503/H515?

I have been using a 510 on a PCC, this is a sealed emitter and is currently being used by Max Leograndis.

Kirk
01-31-2020, 12:17 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but how is the 507/407 for USPSA CO? Primarily thinking of throwing these on a couple of backup guns because they are so affordable, but haven't really messed around with any. Is the window size tiny like the RMR?

GJM
01-31-2020, 12:20 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but how is the 507/407 for USPSA CO? Primarily thinking of throwing these on a couple of backup guns because they are so affordable, but haven't really messed around with any. Is the window size tiny like the RMR?

If the window hasn’t changed from the legacy Holosun PMO, it is a budget gaming optic choice that is likely to be reliable if you get through a week or two, but suffers from a small dot and small display.

Alpha Sierra
01-31-2020, 01:09 PM
I have been using a 510 on a PCC, this is a sealed emitter

I understand, so are the Holosuns that are Aimpoint Micro clones.

What about the square shaped one (512) that made you choose it over the tubular ones? Window size? Footprint?

David S.
01-31-2020, 01:24 PM

The 407/507’s display window has slightly more (10%?) visible area than the RMR, which is a plus. Ins spite of its small (2MOA) dot, I think they’re easier to shoot than an RMR. They’re certainly not optimized for CO like the SRO.

GJM
01-31-2020, 08:28 PM

What about the square shaped one (512) that made you choose it over the tubular ones? Window size? Footprint?

I like the large, wide display with minimal framing to block down range view. The 510 Holosuns are nearly the default choice for PCC shooters around here, and have been also there showing up on Open guns.

HeavyDuty
02-01-2020, 10:38 AM
I will say the Holosuns I’ve handled have impressed me, but I’m not convinced they have solved the durability equation quite yet. When they do, they will be a serious force. Until then I personally wouldn’t trust one for a defensive pistol - however I would use one on a race or play gun right now with zero reservations. I tend to be very conservative about RDS - I only trust Aimpoints on long guns for serious social use, too.

BigT
02-01-2020, 11:17 AM
If the window hasn’t changed from the legacy Holosun PMO, it is a budget gaming optic choice that is likely to be reliable if you get through a week or two, but suffers from a small dot and small display.
407CO gets around the small dot issue.

rob_s
02-01-2020, 12:12 PM
maybe this was already posted?

https://youtu.be/iFZBjkpHiUE

mrozowjj
02-01-2020, 04:36 PM
407CO gets around the small dot issue.

The 407CO reticle is my favorite for a pistol, PCC or any carbine that I have no intention to shoot much further than 100 yards that I've tried so far. It's my go-to budget optic of choice.

I've tried the triangle RMR years ago hoping it would be the ideal mix of fast, easy to find, and precise when you need it but for some reason the triangle shape just fought with my brain so much that it was slower than just a dot. The 407CO ring/donut is big enough to find easy even for new shooters or shooting really fast but lets you be more precise with it when you need to by putting your target inside the ring which is very intuitive for my brain (more so than the triangle anyway) basically working like olympic style 22 bullseye sights I used to use on this rifle I owned many many years ago. That rifle had a front sight that was a ring and a rear sight that was an aperture so to hit your target you centered your target in the front ring and then centered the front ring inside your rear right. Easiest/best iron sights I've ever used. After years with that rifle my brain picked up the ring reticle instantly.

If I could get some for my 10/22 I would be thrilled but tech sights are almost as good and way easier to use.

The only tragedy is I believe Holosun is going to release the 407CO in green eventually and I'm worried I'd love that and need to swap out all the red ones eventually.

GJM
02-01-2020, 09:23 PM

Sigfan26
02-01-2020, 10:05 PM

What’s the over/under on GJM breaking this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha Sierra
02-01-2020, 11:15 PM

Oh yeah, pretty obvious.

Kirk
02-06-2020, 12:51 PM
The 407CO reticle is my favorite for a pistol, PCC or any carbine that I have no intention to shoot much further than 100 yards that I've tried so far. It's my go-to budget optic of choice.

I've tried the triangle RMR years ago hoping it would be the ideal mix of fast, easy to find, and precise when you need it but for some reason the triangle shape just fought with my brain so much that it was slower than just a dot. The 407CO ring/donut is big enough to find easy even for new shooters or shooting really fast but lets you be more precise with it when you need to by putting your target inside the ring which is very intuitive for my brain (more so than the triangle anyway) basically working like olympic style 22 bullseye sights I used to use on this rifle I owned many many years ago. That rifle had a front sight that was a ring and a rear sight that was an aperture so to hit your target you centered your target in the front ring and then centered the front ring inside your rear right. Easiest/best iron sights I've ever used. After years with that rifle my brain picked up the ring reticle instantly.

If I could get some for my 10/22 I would be thrilled but tech sights are almost as good and way easier to use.

The only tragedy is I believe Holosun is going to release the 407CO in green eventually and I'm worried I'd love that and need to swap out all the red ones eventually.

Just to add to this, I just picked up a 407CO and threw it on a G45, and absolutely love the reticle/donut too. Unfortunately I'm largely limited to dry fire and the coolfire trainer outside of matches since my range is now 90 min away, but I really like this optic. Mike Pannone told me that he thinks the 407 series is the best optic for the money available and he has over 20k on 1 of his Holosuns. He reports that his have all been solid.

Alpha Sierra
02-06-2020, 02:42 PM
Just to add to this, I just picked up a 407CO and threw it on a G45, and absolutely love the reticle/donut too. Unfortunately I'm largely limited to dry fire and the coolfire trainer outside of matches since my range is now 90 min away, but I really like this optic. Mike Pannone told me that he thinks the 407 series is the best optic for the money available and he has over 20k on 1 of his Holosuns. He reports that his have all been solid.

Is the 407CO a Trijicon footprint?

David S.
02-06-2020, 02:55 PM

Yes

Alpha Sierra
02-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Yes

Thank you. Nice option that doesn't break the bank.

GJM
02-06-2020, 05:47 PM
I zeroed the new 512 on a MPX PCC today and really liked it. Prefer it to a green 510.

rob_s
02-06-2020, 07:09 PM
I zeroed the new 512 on a MPX PCC today and really liked it. Prefer it to a green 510.

How come?

GJM
02-06-2020, 07:20 PM
How come?

The dot on the 512 seems cleaner. Not sure if it is the closed emitter or something else.

rob_s
02-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Well now you have me second guessing. I was all set to buy the hs or he 510 for my pcc...

rob_s
02-07-2020, 07:39 AM
Well screw it. This guy has them with a $50 off coupon so I ordered a 512

https://www.heartoftexasarmory.com/store/p349/holosun_HS512C.html#/

https://youtu.be/FqjPDqGkJ7U

GJM
02-07-2020, 08:05 AM
Given the small increase in weight and cost of the 512, the closed emitter design seems a no brainer to me.

mrozowjj
02-07-2020, 03:05 PM

I've used these pictures before but here is the reticle at 25 yards. It's mounted to a pistol here which is why you see that green thing in the lower portion of the picture, that's the front sight.

The targets are a 3/4 USPSA target on the right with a 3" sticker placed in the A zone and a 14" x 22" B-29 target on the right. At 100 yards the 8 MOA ring is only a little smaller than that 3/4 USPSA target which is why I say it works well on anything inside of 100 yards. I'd venture a guess it would work ok at 200 as well assuming your goal was to hit the target not shoot for groups; any further than that and it'd be pushing it.

The dot on the 512 seems cleaner. Not sure if it is the closed emitter or something else.

That's interesting to me because with my eyes the open emitter tends to look cleaner to me. I suspect it's because the open emitter lets in more background light with reduces the intensity of the LED and I believe that is why some dots look star-burtsy to me... but I'm not a doctor or a physicist so what do I know. I'll give the 512 a look if I can find one in store somewhere.

Alpha Sierra
02-07-2020, 03:50 PM
I've used these pictures before but here is the reticle at 25 yards. It's mounted to a pistol here which is why you see that green thing in the lower portion of the picture, that's the front sight.

The targets are a 3/4 USPSA target on the right with a 3" sticker placed in the A zone and a 14" x 22" B-29 target on the right. At 100 yards the 8 MOA ring is only a little smaller than that 3/4 USPSA target which is why I say it works well on anything inside of 100 yards. I'd venture a guess it would work ok at 200 as well assuming your goal was to hit the target not shoot for groups; any further than that and it'd be pushing it.

I REALLY like that reticle. The easiest iron sights I've ever used are dual apertures on target rifles and that ring works the same way.

mrozowjj
02-09-2020, 02:07 PM
I REALLY like that reticle. The easiest iron sights I've ever used are dual apertures on target rifles and that ring works the same way.

I agree and that is exactly what this reminds me of. My first 22lr rifle was this old Mossberg from 1941 that had these sights: (The pictures are over 10 years old)

and easily the most intuitive of any sights on a rifle. I eventually sold that rifle. I tried finding a similar sight setup for my 10/22 but I couldn't find anything close that was easy to do so I settled on Tech Sights.

rob_s
02-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Well screw it. This guy has them with a $50 off coupon so I ordered a 512

https://www.heartoftexasarmory.com/store/p349/holosun_HS512C.html#/

Scope (sight? site?) arrived today. I like it, but I'm disappointed to see two dots. I was hoping my astigmatism (which is supposedly corrected for in my glasses but i guess not well enough) wasn't going to be an issue. I'll still mount it and shoot it and see how it goes. Subjectively it feels solid, well built, etc. The battery door mechanism is really innovative IMO.

Caballoflaco
02-12-2020, 02:43 PM
Anybody know if a 512 will get cooked on an Ultimak? That small of a battery that close to the rail gives me second thoughts.

GJM
02-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Here you go:

frozentundra
02-20-2020, 09:51 PM
Scope (sight? site?) arrived today. I like it, but I'm disappointed to see two dots. I was hoping my astigmatism (which is supposedly corrected for in my glasses but i guess not well enough) wasn't going to be an issue. I'll still mount it and shoot it and see how it goes. Subjectively it feels solid, well built, etc. The battery door mechanism is really innovative IMO.

My astigmatism plays hell with red dots. I've heard that Holosun's new gold colored dot sights generally work better for astigmatism, but I've not tried one yet.

They have 20mm micro dots and a more expensive closed emitter reflex sight in gold color.

http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/133.html

http://www.holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/127.html

cornstalker
02-20-2020, 10:00 PM
I think I can hold out until April 15. Maybe...

I wonder if Holosun will do better at hitting a release date that Aimpoint or Sig.

Alpha Sierra
02-21-2020, 04:52 AM
My astigmatism plays hell with red dots.

Have you tried to fix it with corrective lenses or surgery? I'm nearly blind as a bat without corrective lenses. With them, every dot I look at is clear as a bell. The larger the dot the sharper its edges.

I'm not sure why some people (not necessarily you) think it's the sight manufacturers' job to fix their vision problems.

Alpha Sierra
02-21-2020, 04:53 AM

I'd go back to your optometrist and have him fix your correction.

GJM
02-28-2020, 05:53 PM
I am hearing that the release dates on new Holosun optics is slipping because of the impact of the Corona virus. I also was told today that the “CO” designation you see on some Holosun optics means “contract overrun.”

noguns
02-29-2020, 11:10 AM
i was waiting for a 509t, but i found out it won't be released until at least 5/1.

I ended up getting a v1 508t (https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HE508T-RD-Red-Dot-Sight/dp/B07P85MMJ8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1DURPDDE06KMO&dchild=1&keywords=508t+holosun&qid=1582995667&sprefix=508t+h%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-4) instead for a decent price.

cornstalker
02-29-2020, 11:47 AM
i was waiting for a 509t, but i found out it won't be released until at least 5/1.

I ended up getting a v1 508t (https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HE508T-RD-Red-Dot-Sight/dp/B07P85MMJ8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1DURPDDE06KMO&dchild=1&keywords=508t+holosun&qid=1582995667&sprefix=508t+h%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-4) instead for a decent price.

I may do the same thing. Although an escape from the lint bucket effect would be kinda nice...

mrozowjj
02-29-2020, 05:37 PM
I am hearing that the release dates on new Holosun optics is slipping because of the impact of the Corona virus. I also was told today that the “CO” designation you see on some Holosun optics means “contract overrun.”

Not sure who told you that but that doesn't make any sense at all; that sounds like some gun-store misinformation. The CO is the designation they use for their ring reticle. C was their designation for having a solar panel previously.

GJM
03-01-2020, 09:05 AM
Not sure who told you that but that doesn't make any sense at all; that sounds like some gun-store misinformation. The CO is the designation they use for their ring reticle. C was their designation for having a solar panel previously.

The guy sells more red dots than anyone I know, as in thousands, and has always been a good resource. I wonder if he was told that the “CO” was a contract over run model, and got that confused?