PDA

View Full Version : P210 Carry

CLaw
01-20-2020, 07:43 AM
First videos I’m seeing coming out of SHOT seem to be from Sig event. Everything looked real eye rolling to me, but that P210 Carry looks sweet. I’ve never shot a 210, but hear people rave about them. What do you all think?

I know that they had some P210 models prior, but thinking about it and the Python release has me wishing for a P7 for some reason. I always thought P7s were such cool guns...

OlongJohnson
01-20-2020, 08:58 AM
There’s a thread on the Americans here.

HeavyDuty
01-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Well now, that made “it” move.

CLaw
01-20-2020, 03:38 PM
Well now, that made “it” move.

Sorry, I don't understand either of these responses. If I did something wrong etiquette wise and should remove my post, please let me know.

AJD21
01-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Looks interesting.

Aluminum frame, wish the grips were checkered, Siglite night sights suck so hopefully they do X-Ray at least, if the trigger and accuracy is like the other P210 Americans it will outshoot 99% of 4” guns available today.

Problem is I’m seeing a lot of problems reported on the recoil spring assemblies breaking on the full size guns so much so that I wouldn’t recommend these guns right now

Honestly I’d suggest another forum if your looking for people that have shot these guns a lot and actually have real experience with them. One of the sig focused forums has a few members with a lot of rounds down range and and some impressive accuracy tests. It’s the blue colored forum.

HeavyDuty
01-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I don't understand either of these responses. If I did something wrong etiquette wise and should remove my post, please let me know.

In my case, it wasn’t negative. I was stating that it was of interest to me; my comment wasn’t related to OJ’s.

And, I’m not OJ, but I think he was just pointing out the big P210 American thread which might be of interest to you.

I don’t see any problem at all with your thread.

Wondering Beard
01-20-2020, 04:43 PM

I can't tell you what the other posters meant, but the new SIG P210 is, sadly, not living up at all to the original, both in terms of the reliability and the expected precision. There is a whole thread on them somewhere here with people having a lot hope for the gun and being thoroughly disappointed.

I don't know what the "it" is either.

The P7 was indeed cool, but it got hot in hurry; as in too hot to touch within a few hundred rounds. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me, but the gas system of the P7 is what enabled it to be so compact with a fixed barrel and that's what made it get so hot. I don't see HK bringing back the P7 anytime soon if ever.

JHC
01-20-2020, 05:57 PM

No worries. HeavyDuty paid your thread the highest compliment:D

ccmdfd
01-20-2020, 07:39 PM
I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on it.

Does it have a capacity of 5 rounds? Seems that's what the videos are showing when people are shooting it.

If that's the case, I don't see a particularly good use for it.

The P7 holds 8 (or 13 depending on M8 vs M13). Yes it gets hot, that can be helped by taking some breaks for dry firing, loading mags, analyzing what you're doing , etc.

cc

HeavyDuty
01-20-2020, 09:46 PM
I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on it.

Does it have a capacity of 5 rounds? Seems that's what the videos are showing when people are shooting it.

If that's the case, I don't see a particularly good use for it.

The P7 holds 8 (or 13 depending on M8 vs M13). Yes it gets hot, that can be helped by taking some breaks for dry firing, loading mags, analyzing what you're doing , etc.

cc

This implies 8+1:

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2020/01/20/shot-show-2020-new-sig-sauer-p210-carry-pistol/

p7fl
01-21-2020, 07:48 AM

cc

a friend told me he used to take 5 P7 M8s to a class. As one heated up he kept switching guns. I thought he was teasing or being just silly. I took 3 P7M13s to a one day private class with Frank Garcia and learned how right he was. My day ended early at 3:00 when i could not even pick up one of the 13s.

HeavyDuty
01-21-2020, 08:34 AM
a friend told me he used to take 5 P7 M8s to a class. As one heated up he kept switching guns. I thought he was teasing or being just silly. I took 3 P7M13s to a one day private class with Frank Garcia and learned how right he was. My day ended early at 3:00 when i could not even pick up one of the 13s.

I had a real US imported (not surplus) P7PSP for about twenty years. That was my second biggest complaint, right after how much of a bitch it was to OWB conceal holster due to the weight distribution and leverage. I even cut down and kludged a P7M8 trigger guard heat shield (the plastic piece) in an effort to cool it down enough to allow shooting a whole box at one time without burns. I finally got rid of it five years ago. Great gun, but a sadistic mother to shoot.

19852+
01-22-2020, 09:09 AM
Looks interesting.

Aluminum frame, wish the grips were checkered, Siglite night sights suck so hopefully they do X-Ray at least, if the trigger and accuracy is like the other P210 Americans it will outshoot 99% of 4” guns available today.

Problem is I’m seeing a lot of problems reported on the recoil spring assemblies breaking on the full size guns so much so that I wouldn’t recommend these guns right now

Honestly I’d suggest another forum if your looking for people that have shot these guns a lot and actually have real experience with them. One of the sig focused forums has a few members with a lot of rounds down range and and some impressive accuracy tests. It’s the blue colored forum.

I have one of the new 210 American pistols. It has quickly become my favorite so I read this thread with great interest. I did checkout the Sig forum mentioned and read the reports of breakage and missing springs. It seems that some 210 A's were shipped without a slide stop spring, easily fixed. The breakage with the recoil spring assemblies is due to a screw holding the thing together. SIG is aware of the issue but I'm not confident they are making the necessary changes. There is a aftermarket recoil assembly out there which I ordered just in case my currently intact unit goes south..
I still like mine and it is impressively accurate even with my mixed headstamp reloads. I use good quality bullets and VV N320 but I do not sort my brass, just don't have the time. I like it so much it has become part of my 2 gun set up despite it's meager 8+1 round capacity.

AJD21
01-22-2020, 08:43 PM
https://youtu.be/BgUTGAdt9qs

Vickers P210 Carry video. Larry gave some praise to the American P210’s, I’ve seen him make positive comments on them in the past so not surprising.

Joe in PNG
01-22-2020, 08:56 PM
I Want To Believe...

AJD21
01-22-2020, 09:06 PM
https://www.recoilweb.com/return-of-the-king-156843.html

As a side note some pretty cool “duty” P210 Americans done up for shot show. Those are the “Standard” models that received the custom work.

MattyD380
01-22-2020, 10:56 PM
I Want To Believe...

That pretty much summarizes my sentiments.

The P210 carry is the KIND of gun I want: something that prioritizes exceptional shooting characteristics/accuracy. Just not sure I “believe” in this platform. Yet.

I hope they work the issues out and it runs/holds up as well as I’ve heard it shoots. I held one—it felt superb. Trigger was great. And it seemed relatively svelte—like it would feel decent to carry IWB.

Sigfan26
01-22-2020, 11:51 PM
Lacks ambidextrous thumb safeties, standard trigger, and NP3 finish. I’m out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky
01-23-2020, 05:31 AM
I can't tell you what the other posters meant, but the new SIG P210 is, sadly, not living up at all to the original, both in terms of the reliability and the expected precision. There is a whole thread on them somewhere here with people having a lot hope for the gun and being thoroughly disappointed.

I don't know what the "it" is either.

The P7 was indeed cool, but it got hot in hurry; as in too hot to touch within a few hundred rounds. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me, but the gas system of the P7 is what enabled it to be so compact with a fixed barrel and that's what made it get so hot. I don't see HK bringing back the P7 anytime soon if ever.

How do you take a proven, well respected design and turn it into junk. Oh wait, Sig USA. Never mind.

TDA
01-23-2020, 03:42 PM
I can’t find a link, but there’s a write up in the new Shooting Illustrated.

MattyD380
01-25-2020, 12:38 AM
I'm not so quick to outright condemn Sig USA on "cheapening" the P210...

This gun costs about a grand. A newly imported German P210 is gonna cost (guessing)... $2500? Which still wouldn't touch a Swiss model. Unless it was beat to shit. In .30 Luger.

At that price point--for a gun that's stoopid accurate, feels great and has a superb trigger--I can live with MIM parts and a less than godly fit and finish. As long is the thing runs. And doesn't break.

We'll see.

Also...

I watched some of the Shot Show intro videos on the P210 Carry. It's cool. Really nice proportions. Still, I think I would go for the Standard. The Carry isn't that much shorter--certainly no shorter in the grip. And I think I'd prefer a steel frame over aluminum. I haven't measured the slide/frame width on a P210, but it seemed reasonably slim--you still get that benefit with the Standard. I'll also note that the Sig product guy in each video completely ignores the Standard and compares the Carry to the Target. Probably because that makes it seem like more of a dimensional difference. Or he just legitimately doesn't know enough about their product lineup to make an informed comparison.

Don't get me wrong: I have no intention on buying any one of these anytime soon. But if I was going to... I think it would be the Standard.

Navyguns
01-25-2020, 02:11 AM
Since I have graciously accepted the appointment of being the Chief Firearms Aesthetics Analyst (CFAA) pronounced see-fah for all the public school people. I think the Sig P210 Carry is the first properly pretty pistol (alliteration for all the public school people) exhibited in a long time. It's like a twenty-five year old Colombian fitness model that has beautifully smooth skin and curves in all the right places. Thankfully, Sig didn't ruin the clean elegant lines that extend out to the muzzle with one of those ugly rails. My only exception to the P210 Carry is, it needs an ambidextrous safety lever so us left-handed sophisticates can carry with class.

TDA
01-26-2020, 03:38 PM
I can’t find a link, but there’s a write up in the new Shooting Illustrated.

My apologies, I can’t find the article because it’s not in that magazine. Now I’m not sure where it was, but Greyguns had done some interesting things to the P210 Carry, including machining one for a Sig Romeo and one for a WML.

dogcaller
01-26-2020, 08:34 PM
Since I have graciously accepted the appointment of being the Chief Firearms Aesthetics Analyst (CFAA) pronounced see-fah for all the public school people. I think the Sig P210 Carry is the first properly pretty pistol (alliteration for all the public school people) exhibited in a long time. It's like a twenty-five year old Colombian fitness model that has beautifully smooth skin and curves in all the right places. Thankfully, Sig didn't ruin the clean elegant lines that extend out to the muzzle with one of those ugly rails. My only exception to the P210 Carry is, it needs an ambidextrous safety lever so us left-handed sophisticates can carry with class.

This public school person kindly suggests, "...so we left-handed sophisticates..." :cool:

Navyguns
01-26-2020, 09:13 PM
This public school person kindly suggests, "...so we left-handed sophisticates..." :cool:

You're being pedantic. Let's not get bogged down in grammatical rules and behold the soft, flowing lines of the P210 Carry.