PDA

View Full Version : Sig pistol optics- dot distortion

cornstalker
01-18-2020, 08:06 PM
I hope this doesn't become another Sig bashing thread...

I have looked through a Sig Romeo 1 Pro at the gun club. I have shot with a Romeo 1 and a RomeoZero. All of the above seem to have more of an amoeba shape to the dot than round. Trijicon and Holosun appear to have a nice crisp, and mostly round dot to my eyes.

I put a Sig Romeo 5 on one of my wife's AR's and it seems to have as good a dot as the MRO on my Recce14. Nice and sharp.

Do Sig pistol optics have a blobby dot to anyone else, or is it just me?

On a side note, the RomeoZero dot is tragically distorted on the brighter settings and gets worse when the dot is aligned with one of the lens distortions. When turned down it is a little less of a fucked up mess.

GJM
01-18-2020, 08:41 PM
There are so many Sig optics that “Sig optics” doesn’t work for me. The Romeo 3 Max dot, for example, is awesome and it’s performance in a low sun angle is the best of any optic I have used.

tlong17
01-20-2020, 10:47 AM
I have a Romeo 1 Pro 3 MOA I have used over the last 4 months. I do wear prescription glasses although it is a VERY minor prescription. It’s more to help my eyes at work on a computer screen than anything. I also have very slight astigmatism. Without my glasses, the dot is slightly less crisp and round but still better than my RMR and vortex crossfire AR dot. With glasses, it is amazingly crisp and clear. This is just my sample of one.

I’m beginning to feel that different optics’ dots will appear different to all of our different eyes.