PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson CEO James Debney mysteriously ousted

Drang
01-16-2020, 08:24 PM
Just saw this, don't see it here:
Smith & Wesson CEO ousted over misconduct (https://nypost.com/2020/01/16/smith-wesson-ceo-james-debney-mysteriously-ousted/)

The parent company of gunmaker Smith & Wesson has ousted its CEO because he allegedly broke an unspecified corporate rule.

Chief executive James Debney left his post at American Outdoor Brands Corporation after its board of directors found he “engaged in conduct inconsistent with a non-financial company policy,” the company said in a Wednesday news release.

The firm did not offer further details about Debney’s alleged misconduct but said he has been replaced by co-CEOs Mark Smith and Brian Murphy.

EDIT TO ADD...
This 'graph from the end is interesting:

Debney had been president and CEO of American Outdoor Brands, previously known as Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, since 2011. He was expected to lead the firm following its planned spinoff of the Smith & Wesson gun business, which was announced in November.
I seem to have missed that announcement.

Wingate's Hairbrush
01-16-2020, 09:06 PM
...I seem to have missed that announcement.AOBC will still own S&W (at least so far); the carve-out is to protect AOBC assets in the event S&W gets sued in a manner similar to the Remington/Sandy Hook lawsuit.

camsdaddy
01-16-2020, 09:07 PM
I wonder if the corporate office is an NPE and he was caught carrying a Glock?

GJM
01-16-2020, 09:51 PM
I wonder if the corporate office is an NPE and he was caught carrying a Glock?

More likely carrying on with a blonde.

mmc45414
01-16-2020, 10:03 PM
More likely carrying on with a blonde.“engaged in conduct inconsistent with a non-financial company policy,” sure sounds like something that involves a schlong in an NPE...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JAD
01-16-2020, 10:07 PM
More likely carrying on with a blonde.

FDE.

camsdaddy
01-16-2020, 10:10 PM
Poor fella will probably only get a several million dollar severance package