PDA

View Full Version : TW25B & the P30

John Ralston
03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
OK...where ARE the strategic places to place TW25B on the P30 ala ToddG? Pics might be helpful is someone can point me to a link.

ToddG
03-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Right, like I'm going to the pains of disassembling my P30 just for that. :p

In all seriousness, the best way to figure out where to put the magic grease is simply to shoot the gun for 1k-2k rounds without it. Then take the pistol apart. See the shiny areas that were rubbing against each other on the trigger bar, hammer strut, hammer, sear, etc.? Put a thin coating of TW25B there.

To be honest, applying it on the P30 was such a hassle (because putting the gun back together was such a hassle) that I began simply squirting Militec into the crevices between the sear, catch, sear actuator latch, and disconnector; at the back end of the trigger bar where it contacted the action; and, at the front of the trigger bar where it rubbed against the frame.

Or you could save yourself the trouble altogether and send it to Bruce Grey for one of his excellent (but expensive) trigger jobs. Every Grey Guns HK I've fired has had an absolutely incredible trigger.

gtmtnbiker98
03-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Deleted

John Ralston
03-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Hmmm...well then...I guess I will shoot it as is :cool:

Not sure if I would send it off for a trigger job - I usually just leave them stock.