PDA

View Full Version : Now Virgina wants to ban all indoor gun ranges!

Warped Mindless
01-06-2020, 09:36 PM
Virgina house bill 567 would ban all indoor gun ranges that reside in a building not owned by the government.

Read more about it here: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/breaking-virginia-vows-to-shut-down-all-gun-ranges-not-owned-by-the-state/

Virgina democrats really are going full stupid!

Edit: I read the actual bill and the article obmitted some important information. Indoor ranges with less than 50 employees would be exempt from this. They are essentially targeting the big NRA range there.

Tensaw
01-06-2020, 09:42 PM
The pols are gonna keep on and make all of Virginia an “outdoor range” of sorts...

mtnbkr
01-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Edit: I read the actual bill and the article obmitted some important information. Indoor ranges with less than 50 employees would be exempt from this. They are essentially targeting the big NRA range there.

Probably affects Elite in Manassas as well.

Chris

Joe in PNG
01-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Ban All The Things!

jeep45238
01-07-2020, 05:54 AM
I read it as any non govt controlled range with under 50 employees and under 90% LEO users is targeted, and anybody left has to keep a log of users to include the agency the user is associated with.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Screenshot-2020-01-06-16.05.09.png

mtnbkr
01-07-2020, 06:56 AM
I read it as any non govt controlled range with under 50 employees and under 90% LEO users is targeted, and anybody left has to keep a log of users to include the agency the user is associated with.

It definitely applies to ranges in buildings with more than 50. Don't miss the "unless" in the text.

Chris

EPF
01-07-2020, 09:45 AM
The pols are gonna keep on and make all of Virginia an “outdoor range” of sorts...

Many have attributed the collapse of our political discourse in the last decade to the internet. People get on Facebook and Twitter and screech at each other in the most bombastic way because there is no real world penalty.

The long list of absurd new proposals in VA seem like a bunch of “F you” proposals rather than well thought out laws from a generation used to being tough in digital anonymity. I keep thinking about the old viral video where the antifa person pepper sprays a guy out of the blue and gets punched in the face. The antifa person then screams and cries, totally shocked that he/she had been responded to and that their was real world accountability for his/her actions.

That seems like a good analogy for what’s happening in VA. I fear we are barreling toward events that will not be good for our country. An easily avoided national tragedy caused by the raging hatred of cowards.

deputyG23
01-07-2020, 10:01 AM
It definitely applies to ranges in buildings with more than 50. Don't miss the "unless" in the text.

Chris

That is intended to shut down the NRA range in their HQ building in Fairfax, I think....

mtnbkr
01-07-2020, 10:22 AM
That is intended to shut down the NRA range in their HQ building in Fairfax, I think....

joshs
TCinVA (you hold training classes at NRA, right?)

Most definitely, but it could impact other ranges as well.

This goes beyond guns IMO as it's a direct assault on otherwise legal businesses who are presumably meeting their regulatory and commercial compliance obligations. It's obviously targeted toward an unpopular (to a select few) business entity.

On the Reddit VA Guns sub someone pointed out this could have wide-ranging impact for CCW nationwide as this is the nexus for NRA instructor training, which then filters out to enable training of other instructors and ultimately CCWers...

Chris

blues
01-07-2020, 10:27 AM
It's alarming to see how rabid this progression in Virginia has been. It does not, indeed, bode well.

eb07
01-07-2020, 10:54 AM
This bill is directly targeted at the NRA HQ range in Fairfax FYI.

There is an agenda to run them out. It is Dan Helmers district and he has made clear his disdain for the NRA and his goal to remove them from Fairfax.

Yung
01-07-2020, 11:05 AM
These are ruinous propositions that are fomenting a terrible resolve in the hearts of good people on both sides of the issue.

Gray Ghost
01-07-2020, 11:06 AM
In the unlikely event it were to pass, that bill might actually fail rational basis scrutiny under the Equal Protection clause.

Kyle Reese
01-07-2020, 01:10 PM
The motive behind these anti-2nd Amendment proposals in Virginia is simply to punish law abiding people, period. Every new bill filed is a proverbial stick in the eye. Makes you wonder what they have planned for us once the guns are gone, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totem Polar
01-07-2020, 01:20 PM
An easily avoided national tragedy caused by the raging hatred of cowards.

Isn’t that the big lesson of history, though.