PDA

View Full Version : Another Newb F.A.S.T. question

sigorxd
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
First off, great site with lots of information...glad I found it. With regards to the F.A.S.T. drill, what the heck did Sevigny shoot while recording his record time? Was it a 9mm, .40sw, or 45ACP? Additionally, what caliber do you all mostly shoot with and does caliber matter significantly with respect to training or in certain drills?

I'm new and a sponge so fire away and pardon the question if it's deemed pointless-curiosity got me.

TAP
03-14-2011, 04:31 PM
With regards to the F.A.S.T. drill, what the heck did Sevigny shoot while recording his record time? Was it a 9mm, .40sw, or 45ACP?
Glock 34 9mm
Additionally, what caliber do you all mostly shoot with and does caliber matter significantly with respect to training or in certain drills?
9mm

I'm new and a sponge so fire away and pardon the question if it's deemed pointless-curiosity got me.

I prefer 9mm due to less recoil and generally more capacity. It is also cheaper to shoot and I can afford to practice more with it.

JV_
03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
what the heck did Sevigny shoot while recording his record time?While it's interesting to know, I wouldn't get caught up in his equipment.

It's the Indian, not the arrow.

sigorxd
03-14-2011, 04:44 PM
While it's interesting to know, I wouldn't get caught up in his equipment.

It's the Indian, not the arrow.

Agree wholeheartedly...it's just fun/challenging to see how much room for improvement you have if equipment/platform were similar. Thanks for the input!

DonovanM
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3jceN4JAc

jslaker
03-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Sevigny runs a rail-mounted, miniaturized flux capacitor on all his Glocks. While he doesn't reach the 88 MPH necessary for true time travel, he's able to reach sufficient speeds to compress time, allowing him to turn in times the rest of us are unable to compete with.

That's what I like to think, anyway. :cool:

Super J
04-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Sevigny runs a rail-mounted, miniaturized flux capacitor on all his Glocks. While he doesn't reach the 88 MPH necessary for true time travel, he's able to reach sufficient speeds to compress time, allowing him to turn in times the rest of us are unable to compete with.

That's what I like to think, anyway. :cool:

That's funny. Thanks for the chuckle

markp
04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
from the youtube description:

Equipment:
GLOCK 34 IDPA SSP(Stock) legal pistol w/Sevigny Carry Tritium sights,
Kytac Beltlocker holster and MP-2 pouches. Concealed.

JHC
04-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I recall reports that he used a Gen 4 G22 with Atlanta Arms .40 ammo for that run.

JV_
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I recall reports that he used a Gen 4 G22 with Atlanta Arms .40 ammo for that run.The video was made in Early 2009, the Gen4's weren't out yet.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_KpsppceJuQ0/Tbi1QsLtSJI/AAAAAAAAEy8/D4QMptYO5Ig/equipment.jpg

DonovanM
05-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I recall reports that he used a Gen 4 G22 with Atlanta Arms .40 ammo for that run.

Pause at :26. You can clearly see the coffin cut in the top of the slide.