PDA

View Full Version : Please support this GoFundMe

LittleLebowski
01-01-2020, 03:33 PM
I’m pretty sure that you guys will figure out who and why :cool:

Giving Back to our Veterans and First Responders (https://www.gofundme.com/f/giving-back-to-our-veterans-and-first-responders)

SeriousStudent
01-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Donated. The organizer and his friends have given very much, and continue to do so.

Bravo Zulu!

JAD
01-01-2020, 06:24 PM
By all means.

Paul D
01-02-2020, 12:23 AM
Donated. This is an outstanding idea.

ArgentFix
01-02-2020, 01:51 AM
I have matched every donation to date and will do so until the initial goal of $15k is reached.

jeep45238
01-02-2020, 07:00 AM
It wasn't much, but it's what I can afford. Thanks for putting this out there.

Odin Bravo One
01-02-2020, 09:59 AM
Thank you to everyone who has donated. And a special thank you for the exceptional generosity of ArgentFix and TDG (https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com). And every penny helps, so don’t think that your dollar isn’t useful. It is.

To catch people up: we have recently secured 900+ acres of secluded timber land for an extended lease, and will be offering a variety of outdoor recreational activities for our veterans and first responders, as well as their families. In addition to these important bonding and re-association activities, we have partnered with other veterans groups and nonprofits to provide the venue as well as proven therapeutic cognitive and behavioral treatment for PTSD and TBI related disabilities and disorders. This isn’t just about doing something “nice” or “cool” for our heroes in uniform, but also to provide the meaningful skills and support necessary to navigate the difficult world they find themselves in when the uniforms come off, whether for the day, or for the rest of their life.

Thanks again to all who have freely donated their time, services, advice, and money to help make this dream a reality. It was every little bit of all of the above that has got us this far.

Robinson
01-02-2020, 03:40 PM
This is a great thing, thanks for the heads up.

wvincent
01-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Done. Thanks to all for undertaking this endeavor.

ArgentFix
01-03-2020, 01:30 PM
I have matched every donation to date and will do so until the initial goal of $15k is reached.

Easier said than done, apparently. In trying to match donations I discovered GoFundMe doesn't accept multiple donations from an individual to a single campaign. Strangely, the web page gives no error, email or other indication of this, the donation attempts are just silently ignored. So apologies to anyone who hasn't yet seen their donation matched. I've contacted Sean to see if we can arrange something where I can match "offline" but those matches will still show up on the GFM project page.

wvincent
01-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Easier said than done, apparently. In trying to match donations I discovered GoFundMe doesn't accept multiple donations from an individual to a single campaign. Strangely, the web page gives no error, email or other indication of this, the donation attempts are just silently ignored. So apologies to anyone who hasn't yet seen their donation matched. I've contacted Sean to see if we can arrange something where I can match "offline" but those matches will still show up on the GFM project page.

Dude, I don't know who you are, but if we are ever in the same place at the same time, beverages and the best steak I can buy.
Not kidding. If you are ever in South Dakota, PM me.

Odin Bravo One
01-03-2020, 08:46 PM
I’ve been blown away by the outpouring of support, and beyond GENEROUS donations we’ve been getting to date. We had some exciting updates this afternoon, and I’m happy to report that I have secured an additional several hundred acres of land, and that ArgentFix has continued to match each days’ donations with one of his own.

My hat is off to you sir, for a very heartfelt contribution.

Thanks again to everyone involved. This is turning out to be greater than I had imagined. Can’t wait to see what Tomorrow will bring.

SeriousStudent
01-03-2020, 10:23 PM
I am with wvincent.

ArgentFix, if you ever get near Texas, please let me know. It would be my pleasure to shake your hand and provide you a tasty beverage.

Odin Bravo One
01-04-2020, 11:56 AM
The property supports hunting of deer, bears, Turkey, coyotes, squirrels. It has a developed and registered wetlands that supports geese and ducks seasonally. Fishing is not supported, however equestrian events are supported, as well as trail riding of mountain bikes and ATVs. In addition to all of this, we are working on a semi-permanent Pavillion with the landowners to provide a venue for our family retreats and other professional services.

Here is a snapshot of the property we have secured:

Robinson
01-04-2020, 02:15 PM
This is really cool.

SeriousStudent
01-04-2020, 03:29 PM
The pavilion sounds like an excellent idea.

Odin Bravo One
01-04-2020, 04:24 PM
Fuck me I’m retarded sometimes.

It is 961 acres.

Odin Bravo One
01-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Thanks again for all of the support. We’re nearly halfway to our (adjusted) goal!

I can’t tell you how much the support from the members here means.

EPF
01-05-2020, 04:41 PM
Good luck!

Odin Bravo One
01-05-2020, 07:06 PM
After getting approval from the head honcho at PF.com, I’m pleased to be able to announce that we will be offering up a free, small group, private range session at my family’s range in SW Virginia for all members who donate to the Giving Back fund.

Todd used to run similar events. Not a training course so much as an opportunity for everyone to gather and learn, and certainly those with more experience will be available to help answer questions for those with less experience. What I’ve found is everyone gets lots of private attention during these events and makes for a much more productive day than a square range class.

Dates will be in the spring/summer of 2020 based on availability of members. Four to eight is ideal, so we need at least four to do a session, but no more than eight. I can accommodate a few one on one sessions as well if you flat can’t make a scheduled session.

JAD
01-05-2020, 08:03 PM

Camp Löwenbräu.

jeep45238
01-05-2020, 09:29 PM
After getting approval from the head honcho at PF.com, I’m pleased to be able to announce that we will be offering up a free, small group, private range session at my family’s range in SW Virginia for all members who donate to the Giving Back fund.

Todd used to run similar events. Not a training course so much as an opportunity for everyone to gather and learn, and certainly those with more experience will be available to help answer questions for those with less experience. What I’ve found is everyone gets lots of private attention during these events and makes for a much more productive day than a square range class.

Dates will be in the spring/summer of 2020 based on availability of members. Four to eight is ideal, so we need at least four to do a session, but no more than eight. I can accommodate a few one on one sessions as well if you flat can’t make a scheduled session.

Assuming work schedule isn't hot and heavy I can make a weekends deal. Perks and curse of being 50% of the full time employees.

SiriusBlunder
01-05-2020, 09:51 PM
Donated. Thanks for your service and putting this together.

Odin Bravo One
01-06-2020, 05:46 PM
The response has been incredible! We’re only $3500 from our original goal!

Thanks again to everyone who has donated.

I’m blown away.

orionz06
01-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Nice!

Coyotesfan97
01-07-2020, 01:12 AM
Donation sent. Thank you for all your hard work.

Odin Bravo One
01-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Fucking.

A.

Thanks to everyone!

I’ll start a new thread in Other Class Announcements to discuss the dates for our range sesh.

Matt O
01-07-2020, 08:49 PM
Just saw this and wasn't sure if GoFundMe would still allow me to donate after the goal was hit but it appears to have gone through. Best of luck with an awesome and worthy undertaking.

Odin Bravo One
01-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Matt, thanks a bunch.

Yes. We are keeping it open and going. I have received what I “need”. Every penny extra is gravy that will be used to jumpstart other things that are further down the road, and improve on what and how we offer our services now. And I’m starting the initial expansion feasibility studies now, as another 1600 acres may be coming available in the next twelve months. So yea, we will keep this thing going, and I’ll continue to try to make this even better.

RJ
01-09-2020, 07:46 AM
Dug through the couch to send a very small amount in. If you can skip a few of those Starbucks Lattes to donate, I can’t think of a better cause to support.

TCinVA
01-14-2020, 01:00 PM

You know Ashton and I are down to help if we can. So when you get them dates hit us up. Or, in advance, hit us up so we can try to keep our schedule open for that.