PDA

View Full Version : Colorado FaceBook Group for shooters

Wake27
12-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Between classes, competitions, and ranges, there’s a lot of good stuff in southern Colorado for shooters. However, I’ve been to three classes with less than four students, including myself, so I started a Facebook group to try and spread awareness of different shooting events in the area. For any of you in CO, especially SoCo, please join and share amongst your friends. A stronger 2A community will only benefit all of us.

www.facebook.com/groups/socoshooters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GyroF-16
12-28-2019, 10:24 PM
Looks like a good idea.

Just asked to join.

dogcaller
12-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Looks like a good idea.

Just asked to join.

Same. Gyro, I’m assuming you are with NCRGC?

Willard
12-29-2019, 12:44 AM
I lost track...did Colorado get their government and weapon laws sorted and can they still own standard capacity vice neutered mags?

Wake27
12-29-2019, 01:00 AM
I lost track...did Colorado get their government and weapon laws sorted and can they still own standard capacity vice neutered mags?

Good question. I believe we’re still under the 15 rd limit but heard something in November about a serious challenge to that.

FNFAN
12-29-2019, 12:42 PM
Not a big Facebook guy, but I sent a request to join.

GyroF-16
12-29-2019, 02:10 PM
Same. Gyro, I’m assuming you are with NCRGC?

No, I’m not.

I’m assuming that stands for Northern Colorado Rod & Gun Club?
I’ve actually not heard of such an organization... just guessing from the context.

dogcaller
01-01-2020, 01:44 AM
No, I’m not.

I’m assuming that stands for Northern Colorado Rod & Gun Club?
I’ve actually not heard of such an organization... just guessing from the context.m

Huh, interesting...! Yes, you guessed correctly. One of the NCRGC board members is a former F-16 pilot, so your handle led me to make the assumption.

Nephrology
01-05-2020, 06:38 PM
I am in Denver metro area but don't really use social media. Is there any other way to participate? Haven't seen a lot come through this immediate area, at least when I've had free time/cash...

Wake27
01-05-2020, 07:23 PM
I am in Denver metro area but don't really use social media. Is there any other way to participate? Haven't seen a lot come through this immediate area, at least when I've had free time/cash...

Not that I know of unfortunately. The next best thing is here but it’s far easier to share things and generate discussion on FB than any forum. I really didn’t want to do it because I don’t like posting much but I couldn’t think of a better way. I’m really only on FB for the groups. P&S has a ton plus two others. Otherwise I would’ve deleted it.

I will say that Theresa good amount happening in the Springs. Not sure if the quality on a lot of it, but the indoor range I’m a member of hosts a fair amount, plus USPSA and 3 gun come back in the spring. I wish there was a run ‘n closer though, I’m making the drive to OK in two weeks but it’s 10 hours.

GyroF-16
01-05-2020, 08:15 PM
I’ll be watching for the return of 3-gun with interest.
Haven’t dipped my toe into it before, but I’m interested to have the opportunity.

Not that I know of unfortunately. The next best thing is here but it’s far easier to share things and generate discussion on FB than any forum. I really didn’t want to do it because I don’t like posting much but I couldn’t think of a better way. I’m really only on FB for the groups. P&S has a ton plus two others. Otherwise I would’ve deleted it.

I will say that Theresa good amount happening in the Springs. Not sure if the quality on a lot of it, but the indoor range I’m a member of hosts a fair amount, plus USPSA and 3 gun come back in the spring. I wish there was a run ‘n closer though, I’m making the drive to OK in two weeks but it’s 10 hours.

Wake27
01-05-2020, 08:19 PM
I’ll be watching for the return of 3-gun with interest.
Haven’t dipped my toe into it before, but I’m interested to have the opportunity.

I did the last one of the year, I think in October. It was a good time and there were a surprisingly high number of first timers there (including me). That match was very shotgun heavy, I think I shot around 100 rounds of 12ga which would’ve been cool if my 870 wasn’t complete garbage. Very little rifle though, apparently they’ll start incorporating more once the ranges are extended but for now the berms are only about 100m from the firing line.

ScotchMan
02-27-2020, 11:23 AM
I’m also not willing to support Facebook with my patronage or info, but am looking for training recommendations around Denver. Can Nephrology or anyone recommend some outfits worth looking into?

taadski
02-27-2020, 12:21 PM
I’m not a big social media guy either. But there’s a very active eastern Colorado google group out there. The focus is primarily on the shooting sports but they forward info re training stuff in the region also.

ecouspsa@googlegroups.com

The western Colorado section also has a newer email based group that is similar. They’re based out of the new CPW shooting facility in Cameo (near Grand Junction). They host a bunch of matches and classes and are aiming at larger national caliber matches and education in the future.

wcouspsa@groups.io

Wake27
02-27-2020, 02:13 PM
I’m also not willing to support Facebook with my patronage or info, but am looking for training recommendations around Denver. Can Nephrology or anyone recommend some outfits worth looking into?

Nunn has big trainers fairly often. Northern Red and Tap-Rack Tactical both have upcoming events there.

cornstalker
02-27-2020, 07:31 PM
Nunn has big trainers fairly often. Northern Red and Tap-Rack Tactical both have upcoming events there.

As does Mickey Schuch, Carry Trainer

hiro
02-27-2020, 09:41 PM
Has anyone put thought to the idea of hosting a trainer like Gabe White?

Any idea how many would be interested?

taadski
02-27-2020, 10:16 PM

I hosted him on the western slope a few years back.

cornstalker
02-27-2020, 10:31 PM

I would do it again.

kjr_29
02-27-2020, 11:52 PM
Thanks, just submitted join request.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nephrology
05-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Just submitted my request as well!