PDA

View Full Version : Smash this NBC poll on carrying guns in public

LittleLebowski
12-22-2019, 11:10 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public

UNK
12-22-2019, 11:12 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public

Its only at 46% for now.

LOKNLOD
12-22-2019, 11:17 AM
I like that they specifically chose 2 levels of pro-gun answers, but only a single version of "no".

Yes!
Yes but...
No.

I guarantee that was a deliberate attempt to split the 'yes' so it could never be a majority.

Looks like it mostly didn't work, though!

Cory
12-22-2019, 11:18 AM
Smashing this doesn't really matter much. I feel like I did the same exact one not long ago. Same split the vote with "for defense only" and everything.

They just run the poll until they get the result they want.

-Cory

GardoneVT
12-22-2019, 12:12 PM
Avoid. They will report the party line number, and giving MSNBC your IP address & vote changes nothing except their analytical accuracy. The real purpose of this poll is collect demographic data.

Clay1
12-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Avoid. They will report the party line number, and giving MSNBC your IP address & vote changes nothing except their analytical accuracy. The real purpose of this poll is collect demographic data.

Absolutely and of course it is. It's like many polls, there are those of us who vote how we vote and believe what we believe, but are not willing to give personal opinions away for free to some pollster. Kids today don't mind sharing the exact moment they wipe their rear end but some of us realize that privacy was something that people fought wars over and this concept is slipping away, is being given away.

Greg
12-22-2019, 01:10 PM

That's why you run a VPN.

olstyn
12-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Smashing this doesn't really matter much. I feel like I did the same exact one not long ago. Same split the vote with "for defense only" and everything.

They just run the poll until they get the result they want.

-Cory

Given that it's not letting me vote, I'm pretty convinced it's the same one from a month or two ago still running.

Clay1
12-22-2019, 01:22 PM
That's why you run a VPN.

I run Nord VPN, I never log into YouTube, they still have my viewing list and know what I watch. A VPN is a start but not the complete answer.