PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr K9

MattyD380
12-18-2019, 10:53 PM
Kahr is one platform I've had zero experience with. I generally prefer hammer-fired guns, but I'm always game for a slim, reliable, single-stack that I shoot well. Figured it was time to give Kahr a try--god knows my P239 isn't getting any slimmer and I just never really warmed up to the EMP I bought earlier this year.

I blasted through Kahr's recommended 200 round break-in period this evening. No failures to eject or feed. Two premature slide lockbacks--one in the first 50, one in 100 - 150. Could have been my thumb tipping the lever on recoil. Not sure. All FMJ, 115 and 124.

Subjectively, I really enjoyed shooting it. I found the trigger to be... kinda fun. Something satisfying about that long, consistent pull ending in a nice crisp snap. It's challenging, but at the same time doesn't feel like a hindrance. When I took my time, it did its job--managed some nice groups at 10 yards. Even shooting fast (which I didn't find difficult) the spread wasn't bad. And I think, for me, the short trigger reach mitigates a lot of potential DA difficulties. I could really control the trigger stroke and maintain solid pressure on the grip. That said, some more aggressive texturing might be nice (I know someone makes G10s)--though the rubber Hogues do feel nice.

Also... the size. The thing is small. Smaller than it appears in pictures. It's smaller than my Makarov and shorter than my P230. And it's significantly more compact than my P239. Tucked it in a holster and it felt very comfortable AIWB.

I know there's a few Kahr fans around here. The recent thread showing some superb shooting with a K9 kinda inspired me. When I started getting interested in guns, the K9 was one first guns I really wanted. The unique engineering (offset feed ramp, low bore axis, etc.) and the idea of purpose-built concealable pistol appealed to me. And I guess so did Jodie Foster, shooting pimps and thugs. I ended up getting into Sigs and Berettas and kinda forgot about Kahr.

But, as they say, here we are...

Anyway, I'm digging it so far. As long as the premature slide lock thing goes away, I plan on keeping it and shooting the hell out of it.

HopetonBrown
12-19-2019, 12:09 AM
What's a Kahr a platform?

10mmfanboy
12-19-2019, 02:04 AM
That pistol is the only one I've seen my Dad not get rid of. And anytime I buy another pistol he compares it to the k9 lol.

JodyH
12-19-2019, 08:08 AM
Two premature slide lockbacks--one in the first 50, one in 100 - 150.

As long as the premature slide lock thing goes away,.
More than likely your slide stop needs to be very lightly filed.
Lock the slide open, insert a magazine with 2 rounds of the 124gr. FMJ (largest bullet nose profile) in it and look down through the ejection port at where the slide stop tab interfaces with the magazine follower to lock open on empty.
Use a Bic pen or similar (so you don't accidentally release the slide on your finger) to very slightly wiggle the nose of the top round in the magazine, if it can touch the slide stop at all, that's your problem.
Very lightly file/polish the slide stop tab (I use a coarse diamond sharpening stone) to remove a few thousandths at a time until you get a hairs width of gap between the bullet nose and the slide stop.
If you file away too much the slide stop tab won't make enough contact with the follower to lock open on empty, so take your time and work slowly.
You'll probably have to recheck for interference with your carry JHP's, especially rounds like the Golden Saber and most 147gr. ammo that all have fat rounded nose profiles (or just carry a 115gr. tapered nose round like Critical Duty and not worry about it).
Anything else Kahr related @ me and I'll see if I can help.

David S.
12-19-2019, 09:36 AM
I liked mine.

Super77
12-19-2019, 10:03 AM
I had one in DLC early on in my gun ownership. I always liked it but sold it when I thought I needed a crisp trigger break. Mine was reliable and really well made. I’ve always kind of had my eye out for one on the local buy/sell/trade website but they seem to have kind of disappeared.

MattyD380
12-19-2019, 10:09 AM
More than likely your slide stop needs to be very lightly filed.
Lock the slide open, insert a magazine with 2 rounds of the 124gr. FMJ (largest bullet nose profile) in it and look down through the ejection port at where the slide stop tab interfaces with the magazine follower to lock open on empty.
Use a Bic pen or similar (so you don't accidentally release the slide on your finger) to very slightly wiggle the nose of the top round in the magazine, if it can touch the slide stop at all, that's your problem.
Very lightly file/polish the slide stop tab (I use a coarse diamond sharpening stone) to remove a few thousandths at a time until you get a hairs width of gap between the bullet nose and the slide stop.
If you file away too much the slide stop tab won't make enough contact with the follower to lock open on empty, so take your time and work slowly.
You'll probably have to recheck for interference with your carry JHP's, especially rounds like the Golden Saber and most 147gr. ammo that all have fat rounded nose profiles (or just carry a 115gr. tapered nose round like Critical Duty and not worry about it).
Anything else Kahr related @ me and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks, I appreciate the tip. I read your post from years ago saying you had to file the tab to get it to run JHPs. Had hoped it wouldn't be the case with FMJs... but we'll see. I will try the pen/wiggle test tonight when I get home from work. On casually inspecting the clearances in there, it's tight. Wouldn't take much to bump that tab. And I'll definitely let you know if any other Kahr concerns come up. Thanks again.

LockedBreech
12-19-2019, 11:01 AM
I've never been that interested in Kahrs, except for the K9. It's a very nice looking pistol that seems not to cut many corners, quality-wise.

I never have quite pulled the trigger on one because of Kahr's reputation of having weak magazines and the reliability concerns that creates. But the K9 does seem to be the least-complained-about Kahr there is.

MattyD380
12-19-2019, 11:03 AM
But the K9 does seem to be the least-complained-about Kahr there is.

That was more or less my reasoning, as well. To be honest, I was tempted to get a T9. But I figured the K9 was the most proven.

Bobert1035
12-19-2019, 11:11 AM
I have been very tempted by the T9, its a great feeling pistol. The Kahr triggers are great if you're OK with the pull length. Very smooth for sure.

MattyD380
12-19-2019, 11:40 AM
I have been very tempted by the T9, its a great feeling pistol. The Kahr triggers are great if you're OK with the pull length. Very smooth for sure.

Yeah, I figure it might be a future purchase if I like the K9. Which I do, so far. I want to get some more rounds downrange though.

And as small as the K9 is, I figure the T9 is still no bigger than a P239/3913. Definitely thinner than a P239.

Though I did read in one of Jody's earlier posts that his T9 was a POS. Again, another reason my initial foray into Kahr began with the K9.

BarryinIN
12-19-2019, 01:58 PM
I’ve been using one as a pocket gun for several years. I started with an MK9 but it had occasional FTRB trouble and had to go. Usually, that would be the end of it for me, but the Kahrs are just so slim and trim I had to try again. After some research, I got a P9 Covert and it’s stayed.

I’ve heard this has changed many years ago, but: The trick seemed to be to avoid the shorter MK slide. They use a dual recoil spring, and only one spring pushes the entire travel. The last fraction of an inch is all up to one of them. And that’s about where my MK9 slide would stop.
As I said, I’ve heard Kahr made a change but I don’t know what it was or if it truly helped.

I hate that they don’t make the Covert models anymore. They had the shorter MK grip with the regular K9 slide. The K9/P9 grip is longer than I’d like for my pocket but I want the full slide for the reasons mentioned. That’s just what the Covert was. I should snag another if I run across it someday just because.

I like the triggers too. Sorta kinda like a small DA revolver but not quite. Great description I know, but they aren’t exactly like anything else.

GearFondler
12-19-2019, 02:01 PM
I've never stopped wanting a new PM9 but was always worried I'd get a shit one... And I never bought a used PM9 for fear the owner was dumping a shit one.

MGW
12-19-2019, 02:17 PM

I had a T9 for a short time. It proved very difficult to find holsters for at the time.

rcbusmc24
12-19-2019, 03:01 PM
Post ND... Not sure how that happened...

Duelist
12-19-2019, 06:20 PM
I had the inexpensive polymer version of the T9 -CT9?- for a short time. It wouldn’t feed reliably from slide lock. That annoyed me. Other than that, it was decent but not inspiring. A K9 would probably still be here.

MattyD380
12-19-2019, 10:18 PM
I've never stopped wanting a new PM9 but was always worried I'd get a shit one... And I never bought a used PM9 for fear the owner was dumping a shit one.

Yeah, that’s why I wanted to buy new. Figure I’m covered if something’s wrong.

MattyD380
12-19-2019, 10:22 PM
I’ve been using one as a pocket gun for several years. I started with an MK9 but it had occasional FTRB trouble and had to go. Usually, that would be the end of it for me, but the Kahrs are just so slim and trim I had to try again. After some research, I got a P9 Covert and it’s stayed.

I’ve heard this has changed many years ago, but: The trick seemed to be to avoid the shorter MK slide. They use a dual recoil spring, and only one spring pushes the entire travel. The last fraction of an inch is all up to one of them. And that’s about where my MK9 slide would stop.
As I said, I’ve heard Kahr made a change but I don’t know what it was or if it truly helped.

I hate that they don’t make the Covert models anymore. They had the shorter MK grip with the regular K9 slide. The K9/P9 grip is longer than I’d like for my pocket but I want the full slide for the reasons mentioned. That’s just what the Covert was. I should snag another if I run across it someday just because.

I like the triggers too. Sorta kinda like a small DA revolver but not quite. Great description I know, but they aren’t exactly like anything else.

I had heard of the covert before. They just brought out a PM9 with a longer grip (from the P9). If they’re doing that, maybe they’ll bring the original coverts back?

Im guessing you couldn’t just Frankenstein one from an MK9 frame and a K9 slide?

MattyD380
12-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Used Blazer 124. Wiggled it a little. It’s definitely close. But it doesn’t seem like it touches? It looks like the top round is held at a high enough angle that it has some clearance above the tab. Hard to say for sure, though.

Another thing I did notice, though... looks like some of the nickel (chrome?) plating is wearing off the front of the barrel hood where it locks up with the slide:

No peening or metal fatigue. Just the finish. Normal wear?

BarryinIN
12-19-2019, 11:01 PM
I had heard of the covert before. They just brought out a PM9 with a longer grip (from the P9). If they’re doing that, maybe they’ll bring the original coverts back?

Im guessing you couldn’t just Frankenstein one from an MK9 frame and a K9 slide?

I don’t know if you can or not. I don’t know enough people with Kahrs to get the necessary guns in one place to try. Maybe I’ll think to ask at the gun shop someday. There always seems to be plenty in the used case. They might get excited that someone is looking at them.

I’ve asked the Kahr guys at trade shows about a return of the Covert models. Most haven’t been with the company long enough to know what they were, and the rest say something like yeah it would be nice.
I figure I have mine so don’t have much reason or initiative to pursue it.

gatorboy
12-20-2019, 02:36 AM
Nice buy. I have a black K40 that I like a lot though I usually carry a black P45 AIWB. The wear on the barrel hood looks normal. It happens after very few rounds and doesn't progress.

MattyD380
12-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Nice buy. I have a black K40 that I like a lot though I usually carry a black P45 AIWB. The wear on the barrel hood looks normal. It happens after very few rounds and doesn't progress.

Thanks. And thanks for the tip. I kinda wish they made an all steel .45. Also find the idea of the PM45 interesting—a .45 that small just seems cool. Though I’ve read they can be temperamental.

And welcome to the forum.

Zeke38
12-20-2019, 12:56 PM
have owned Kahrs since the late 90s. They were the perfect transition gun for revolver shooters. Smoothest 5-6 pound DA trigger ever, no Smith could come close. Great sights and love the accuracy and it (the K9) carries 9 rounds with a MagGuts spring and a semi auto reload time.

In size they are quite compact smaller than a K frame, but weighs the same as a 2" K. I have owned 7 Kahrs and I still have 3.

The CM45 was the only one I had trouble with and it got fixed when sent back to Kahr. It shot well and the recoil was light and the trigger and sights were good.
I had a K40 and a couple of CW40s I didn't like any of these guns and they went to a 40 fan.

I currently own and carry at different times a K9 second year production, a Cw9, for light days and a CW45 that shoots tight groups and has been reliable since I purchased it 7or 8 years ago. I did have to put a new recoil spring in at the 800 round mark. Never a stoppage or malfunction with the CW45, one with the CW9 on the second round fired and that was over 1K rounds ago. And the K9 I purchased used and a new recoil spring and it has been flawless, superaccurate.

I like Kahrs, they are a design unto themselves and I carry and trust mine.

JodyH
12-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Used Blazer 124. Wiggled it a little. It’s definitely close. But it doesn’t seem like it touches? It looks like the top round is held at a high enough angle that it has some clearance above the tab. Hard to say for sure, though.

Now slightly eject the magazine to where the bullet is just below the slide stop protrusion, then slowly insert the magazine and see what your clearances are while slightly wiggling the round.
If there's any contact at all when you do this, then there's a good chance it will happen during the feed cycle.

MattyD380
12-20-2019, 04:01 PM
Now slightly eject the magazine to where the bullet is just below the slide stop protrusion, then slowly insert the magazine and see what your clearances are while slightly wiggling the round.
If there's any contact at all when you do this, then there's a good chance it will happen during the feed cycle.

Thanks. Yeah, I could definitely see the bullet making contact at a lower orientation. I'll try it again when I get home.

Trooper224
12-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Good for over twenty five years.

https://a4.pbase.com/o9/64/521964/1/154609667.wIg20XuE.003.JPG

jeffhughes
12-20-2019, 11:17 PM

That’s fucking cool...

Bobert1035
12-21-2019, 08:28 AM

Who did your battleworn finish job? :p

I absolutely love a piece with real honest wear!

MattyD380
12-21-2019, 05:45 PM
I put another 150+ rounds through it today. 1 box of 124, 1 box of 115, and 2 mags of Sig v-crown jhps (115gr).

Zero issues with premature slide locks or anything else. Gun ran great, and I was very happy with how I shot it. As long as I don’t rush the trigger, it’s a tack driver. Pretty impressed with the accuracy. Pretty impressed with the gun, overall. My recent gun purchases have ranged from “meh” to disappointing. I feel like this was a good buy.

I carried it all day AIWB. Seems more comfortable than just about all my carry guns. Also carried a full mag in my pocket... which I’m happy to say did not barf up any rounds through several miles of walking and some driving.

I might just end up being a Kahr fan. I love the feel of the trigger and the short reach is superb for small hands. If things continue to go well, I could definitely see a T9 in my future.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and insight.

gatorboy
12-21-2019, 07:05 PM

Oh, that's pretty.

parishioner
12-21-2019, 07:36 PM

This would be an exemplary addition to the thread, https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?24332-Let-s-see-those-beat-up-carry-guns!/page6, which is in desperate need of new submissions for our viewing pleasure.

Well done.

TGS
12-21-2019, 07:42 PM
MattyD380,

One of the things to look out for is the carriage of spare mags. Kahr mags have a habit of discarding rounds on their own, the cartridges are not as "captive" as most pistol mags.

If you put a mag in a pocket, you'll end the day with several rounds in the pocket instead of the mag. Whatever mag carrier you decide to use, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the mags retaining rounds throughout the first few days of use before you verify its trustworthiness.

Navin Johnson
12-22-2019, 02:33 PM
Of the 12 or so Kahrs I owned they all seem to eat recoil springs especially when they were new.

Keep a few spares on hand.

Test your carry ammo thoroughly the offset feed ramp sometimes would catch a flute on some brands of ammo.

They recommend you use the slidestop to chamber the first round at least in the smaller ones.

The covert was there coolest model..... Probably could make one by chopping the grip on a P9.

Wish I had kept my K9.

I wish more manufacturers had a trigger like the Kahr.... I think it's a great carry trigger......like a light LEM without the wall.

MattyD380
12-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Thanks, guys.

TGS, I heard Kahr improved their mags recently. Not sure, but I can say I had no issues with round dumpage: I carried a full one in the pocket (just to see) and all the rounds stayed put. Also tossed the same mag in a backpack for a while and the top round never budged. We'll see, as time goes on. Maybe the hold on the rounds will weaken. Even so, still might grab a mag carrier or two.

So what's the recommended round count for a recoil spring change? I think I read somewhere 1000? I skimmed the manual--didn't see it. But I'll check again.

Zeke38
12-22-2019, 09:00 PM
My K9 doesn't have as much character as Trooper 224, but this pic shows it at it's best:
https://i.imgur.com/RNjQ2vn.jpg?1

MattyD380
12-22-2019, 09:41 PM
My K9 doesn't have as much character as Trooper 224, but this pic shows it at it's best:
https://i.imgur.com/RNjQ2vn.jpg?1

Nice! I think that was the pic you posted a month or two ago. Which means you're partly to blame for this purchase.

So... thanks. And nice shooting.

UNK
12-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Ill add for those with xl hands the top edge of the trigger can be very irritating. For reference my hand is 10” around and my index finger is 3” from the web to the tip.
Personally Id like to know some more details about the redesigned magazines.

JodyH
12-23-2019, 10:49 AM
New follower design.
You can buy the new style aluminum followers off their website to upgrade older mags.
https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/metal-magazine-follower-kahr-9mm/
You'll notice the new follower maintains one angle for its entire length where the polymer follower has two angles. The new style has a larger contact patch between the follower and case and more case to feed lip contact.

mmc45414
12-23-2019, 10:53 AM
I hate that they don’t make the Covert models anymore.
I think the P versions were actually chopped in house?

MattyD380
12-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Ill add for those with xl hands the top edge of the trigger can be very irritating. For reference my hand is 10” around and my index finger is 3” from the web to the tip.

I think even the plastic followers underwent some kind of a redesign in the last few years. There’s references to it scattered around Kartalk. Here’s a thread on it—second post mentions it, and has a link to some pics:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?31887-Kahr-Mags&highlight=Follower+design

I’m guessing I have the latest plastic followers in my K9 (they are def plastic, hence the little metal nub). And at this point, that top round is locked the F down. It’s actually kinda hard to push out. Again, that may change with time, but as of now there’s no way a round is getting loose.

JodyH
12-23-2019, 11:44 AM
Just a random piece of trivia.
Kahr magazines are made by the same company that makes S&W M&P magazines.

UNK
12-23-2019, 11:44 AM
I have one more question. Has anyone had the dovetails recut to a more popular angle such as Sig?

Trooper224
12-23-2019, 03:59 PM
Thanks, guys.

TGS, I heard Kahr improved their mags recently. Not sure, but I can say I had no issues with round dumpage: I carried a full one in the pocket (just to see) and all the rounds stayed put. Also tossed the same mag in a backpack for a while and the top round never budged. We'll see, as time goes on. Maybe the hold on the rounds will weaken. Even so, still might grab a mag carrier or two.

So what's the recommended round count for a recoil spring change? I think I read somewhere 1000? I skimmed the manual--didn't see it. But I'll check again.

I believe 800-1000 rounds was the recommended interval on the K9.

MattyD380
12-24-2019, 12:37 AM

Thanks. I looked through the manual again tonight... didn't see anything about replacing the recoil spring.

TeflonDon
12-24-2019, 02:59 AM
I really doubt that us true.

TeflonDon
12-24-2019, 03:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0XdpWee.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KpR1tjy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/V7y1ZYe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mz5Bqc8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BWcVnum.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OWJeMnV.jpg

I'll be adding a T9 to the collection once my tax return kicks in. Might even add the unicorn T40 if I can find one.

JodyH
12-24-2019, 08:27 AM
1000 for the K9.

On the PM9 I change the outer recoil spring every 750 rounds or so.
I use a Wolff "extra power" (20.5#) which improves reliability.
At 750 rounds the old spring is noticeably shorter and weaker than the replacement spring.

MattyD380
12-24-2019, 10:50 AM
I'll be adding a T9 to the collection once my tax return kicks in. Might even add the unicorn T40 if I can find one.

Nice collection. A T9 would definitely round out the family.

How do you like the Lakeline G10s?

TeflonDon
12-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I looked through the manual again tonight... didn't see anything about replacing the recoil spring.

I'm looking at the 64 page manual now, and there's no mention of a 1k interval on the recoil spring which is really low, and I've never heard of such a thing meantioned. If it were such, there would be dozens of complaints about it over the inet. The spring and the action as far as the barrel, slide, recoil spring assembly isn't much different than other firearms in it's class. I personally have well over 1k in my pistol and know others over on KahrTalk that do as well.

I'll search a little more, and will start a thread on KahrTalk, but that does not sound right at all.

TeflonDon
12-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Nice collection. A T9 would definitely round out the family.

How do you like the Lakeline G10s?

I have no complaints. I prefer the stock rubberised grips of the K9, but of course they no longer make them for the MK series. The G10 is a lot better than the hard polymer stock grips IMHO.

Trooper224
12-24-2019, 04:19 PM
I really doubt that us true.

Well, all I can say is that was the information presented to me over the phone by a company representative. I bought mine used, in '95. As noted, there's nothing in the manual regarding maintenance intervals. So....... since I intended to use the thing as an actual carry gun instead of a place filler in a Kahr hobby collection, I decided to get a hold of the company. I guess I could have plumed internet forums for some tidbit of cyberweb genius, but the web wasn't the cornucopia of wisdom it is now. Funny me, I just called the folks who made the thing. For twenty five years I followed their advice and the little gun ran without issue, in all kinds of conditions. But hey, you do you bro.

MattyD380
12-24-2019, 09:37 PM
I found this...

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?2812-Recoil-spring-replacement-interval

TGS
12-24-2019, 11:16 PM
1000 for the K9.

On the PM9 I change the outer recoil spring every 750 rounds or so.
I use a Wolff "extra power" (20.5#) which improves reliability.
At 750 rounds the old spring is noticeably shorter and weaker than the replacement spring.

Do you change the Wolff spring at 750 rounds, or just the stock Kahr spring?

My PM9 hit 750 when I put it away. I guess I should change it out. I don't have mine sitting in front of me and can't remember the details of the RSA....is it a two piece, and do you only change one spring, or do you change both and only the outer spring is the one you switch with a Wolff spring (the inner replacement being stock)?

Thanks for the night gritty. Can't say I ever had reliability issues that would make me want a heavier spring, though.

KevH
12-25-2019, 02:26 AM
What AIWB holster do you guys prefer for the K9?

JAD
12-25-2019, 06:45 AM

That’s why I don’t have a Kahr anymore. The introduction of the G43 and corresponding SCD made it obsolete for aiwb carry.

JodyH
12-25-2019, 09:33 AM
Do you change the Wolff spring at 750 rounds, or just the stock Kahr spring?

My PM9 hit 750 when I put it away. I guess I should change it out. I don't have mine sitting in front of me and can't remember the details of the RSA....is it a two piece, and do you only change one spring, or do you change both and only the outer spring is the one you switch with a Wolff spring (the inner replacement being stock)?

Thanks for the night gritty. Can't say I ever had reliability issues that would make me want a heavier spring, though.

Dual spring setup.
I change the outer spring only and the striker spring (Wolff sends all three in the package).
The extra power spring is primarily for extra feed reliability when dropping the slide on a reload.

KevH
12-26-2019, 12:35 AM
For those that have owned/shot both how does the Kahr K9 compare to a S&W Shield?

JodyH
12-26-2019, 07:34 AM
For those that have owned/shot both how does the Kahr K9 compare to a S&W Shield?
K9 is much heavier and has a larger diameter grip (along with many grip options).
I've always found Kahrs to be amazingly mechanically accurate, Shields not so much.
Kahrs are hipster pistols, so options on sights, holsters, trinkets, etc. are much more limited.

I used to own two Shields, sold one and gave the other one to my niece in Dallas.
I still have Kahrs, Glock 43's and PPS's.

Tony Mayer
12-26-2019, 03:19 PM

KevH, we have a mold on the way for the K9! If you want to order now, just use any pistol in the drop down and let me know in the comments it's for the Kahr K9.

Thanks

MattyD380
12-26-2019, 03:56 PM
KevH, we have a mold on the way for the K9! If you want to order now, just use any pistol in the drop down and let me know in the comments it's for the Kahr K9.

Thanks

Cool, thanks. You might have another taker as well.

Chuck Whitlock
12-27-2019, 02:02 PM
I put another 150+ rounds through it today. 1 box of 124, 1 box of 115, and 2 mags of Sig v-crown jhps (115gr).

Zero issues with premature slide locks or anything else. Gun ran great, and I was very happy with how I shot it. As long as I don’t rush the trigger, it’s a tack driver. Pretty impressed with the accuracy. Pretty impressed with the gun, overall. My recent gun purchases have ranged from “meh” to disappointing. I feel like this was a good buy.

I carried it all day AIWB. Seems more comfortable than just about all my carry guns. Also carried a full mag in my pocket... which I’m happy to say did not barf up any rounds through several miles of walking and some driving.

I might just end up being a Kahr fan. I love the feel of the trigger and the short reach is superb for small hands. If things continue to go well, I could definitely see a T9 in my future.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and insight.

My rescue from the used gun counter. Much smoother all around than my CW9.

Bolded part for the win.

One of the things to look out for is the carriage of spare mags. Kahr mags have a habit of discarding rounds on their own, the cartridges are not as "captive" as most pistol mags.

If you put a mag in a pocket, you'll end the day with several rounds in the pocket instead of the mag. Whatever mag carrier you decide to use, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the mags retaining rounds throughout the first few days of use before you verify its trustworthiness.

My K40 magazines never exhibited this issue. With the 9mm ones, I carry one in either a Sneaky Pete Pocket Protector or a DeSantis Mag-packer. When I take it out of or put it into my pocket, I just make sure that the top round is pushed back. It takes more than a day of toting around for it to fully dislodge.

New follower design.
You can buy the new style aluminum followers off their website to upgrade older mags.
https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/metal-magazine-follower-kahr-9mm/
You'll notice the new follower maintains one angle for its entire length where the polymer follower has two angles. The new style has a larger contact patch between the follower and case and more case to feed lip contact.

I hadn't heard of these upgrades/replacements. Good info!

the curves and swells of the Sheild grip do not fit my hand at all...the Kahr does. YMMV.

I have both RH and LH IWB 3's from Tony for my K9 and couldn't be happier with them.