PDA

View Full Version : Px4 compact Magazine springs

BDS-NOLA
12-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement magazine spring from my 15 round PX4CC? Are the springs compatible with any of be beretta 92 15 round magazine springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

revchuck38
12-16-2019, 11:59 AM
I don't know where the springs can be had. I doubt that the 92 mag springs would work since the PX4 mags are wider; it was originally designed as a .40. I just checked and Wolff doesn't offer them. I'd check with Beretta and Langdon Tactical (https://www.langdontactical.com/).

Guerrero
12-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Looks like Brownell's has them

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-springs/magazine-spring-14-round-px4-prod32455.aspx

I suspect that's supposed to be 15 rounds rather than 14 rounds.

Edit: d'oh! That's the .40 one

JAH 3rd
12-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Don't know if they have them, just another resource to call. Your model isn't listed, but maybe compatible?

https://www.ismi-gunsprings.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=26

BDS-NOLA
12-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Yeah I’ve been searching for a while. I saw that 40cal spring before, and the 20 round spring. but i just can’t find one for the 9mm 15 round mag. Seems weird to me. I guess I’ll give beretta a call and or email Langdon Tactical. I was just hoping someone here know the secret to this riddle. Lol

Thanks Guys.

PX4 Storm Tracker
12-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Yeah I’ve been searching for a while. I saw that 40cal spring before, and the 20 round spring. but i just can’t find one for the 9mm 15 round mag. Seems weird to me. I guess I’ll give beretta a call and or email Langdon Tactical. I was just hoping someone here know the secret to this riddle. Lol

Thanks Guys.

If I may ask... was there a problem with the magazine performance? If so, Beretta might exchange for new mags for free. We have 25,000 rounds on our Compact and have never had to change magazine springs. I have some mags with over 50,000 rounds on the mag in .45 PX4 that still work perfectly well. In taking my PX4 .45 G to 93,800 rounds (until tomorrow) the burden fell on a few mags more than others. Also, after years of EDC with PX4s on other stock mags... no problems or need to change springs.

I tried changing mag springs for my .40 PX4 after 6 years of use. The tension and performance was no different.

This might explain why supply and demand have not made Compact mags readily available.

PX4 Storm Tracker
12-17-2019, 01:52 PM
Late edit: in the last sentence above, I meant to type Compact mag springs.

BDS-NOLA
12-22-2019, 06:55 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

I Know these springs have high cycle rates. I also understand that sometimes things just fail, or wear out before there time.

The reason I’m looking for a new spring, is one of my mags seems to have a problem with the follower getting stuck. A small tap frees it. Sometimes it’s 10 rounds deep, 4 rounds or just 2 rounds. Deep. At first I figured the mag just need to be cleaned, but after a good mag cleaning, it happen again after a few reloading cycles.

In an effort to trouble shoot the cause.
I moved the spring and follower into another mag, and it happened again. Next i just tried the spring with a different follower in another mag, and it seems to follow the spring.

That’s why I’m looking for a replacement spring. If I can not find a spring I’ll just put in a the 17 round upgrade and buy another 15 round mag.

I only have roughly 9,000-ish round through my PX4 compact Carry spread across 3 magazines.

Thanks For your Help.

PX4 Storm Tracker
12-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

I Know these springs have high cycle rates. I also understand that sometimes things just fail, or wear out before there time.

The reason I’m looking for a new spring, is one of my mags seems to have a problem with the follower getting stuck. A small tap frees it. Sometimes it’s 10 rounds deep, 4 rounds or just 2 rounds. Deep. At first I figured the mag just need to be cleaned, but after a good mag cleaning, it happen again after a few reloading cycles.

In an effort to trouble shoot the cause.
I moved the spring and follower into another mag, and it happened again. Next i just tried the spring with a different follower in another mag, and it seems to follow the spring.

That’s why I’m looking for a replacement spring. If I can not find a spring I’ll just put in a the 17 round upgrade and buy another 15 round mag.

I only have roughly 9,000-ish round through my PX4 compact Carry spread across 3 magazines.

Thanks For your Help.

That is most interesting and your thorough testing is conclusive. I would think that even with the amount of rounds on the pistol, that Beretta would happily send you a new spring or new magazine. It could be worth a call. 1-800-237-3882