PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat Centurion Vertec

Gunny0491
12-15-2019, 07:00 PM
Anyone else have the Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical with the Vertec grip? I love mine and wanted to see if anyone else had the pleasure of shooting this piece. I chose this over a Sig Legion 229 and I couldn't be happier. The trigger is ridiculous. So smooth and crisp. Everything about this screams quality. I know some won't pay that much for a berreta but I can't be happier. Love to hear some feedback.

JimLob65
12-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Anyone else have the Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical with the Vertec grip? I love mine and wanted to see if anyone else had the pleasure of shooting this piece. I chose this over a Sig Legion 229 and I couldn't be happier. The trigger is ridiculous. So smooth and crisp. Everything about this screams quality. I know some won't pay that much for a berreta but I can't be happier. Love to hear some feedback.

Don't have a Centurian Vertec, but do have a Brig Tac & a Cen Tac, both with action tune and chrome silicon springs. They are both awesome guns, with great triggers! Did you get the action tune done?

Jared
12-16-2019, 07:37 PM
Glad you’re happy with it. I’m pretty meh on the Wilson Berettas now that the Langdon guns are available. That said, Bill Wilson really deserves a big hats off from all the Beretta fanboys for getting the factory to make a well featured 92 and showing it would sell.

If I ever do another Centurion, it’ll be the 92X version (I’m just not that crazy about Centurions). I’m liking what I have so far in my 92X full size. But really, if I get another 92, it’ll probably be a Langdon compact.

M2CattleCo
12-16-2019, 09:13 PM
I don't have one, but that's a lot better than the Sig.

Gunny0491
12-16-2019, 09:39 PM
Luckily the centac vertec comes complete with the action tune. It's the perfect size for me and really is its own class of pistol IMO. And yes, it's better than a Sig. At least the newer runs of Pistols there putting out.

JimLob65
12-16-2019, 10:07 PM
I found the experience of shooting the Centurian vs the full size WC Berettas really interesting as the shorter Centurian is much more neutrally balanced than the full size Brig Tac.

I fully agree. If it weren’t for Bill Wilson....... I recall looking through the Beretta line up trying to decide which features I wanted to trade off for others, and being disappointed that I couldn’t just buy what I wanted. I was really spoiled by my long gone Elite II pistols. Then along came Bill Wilsons Brig Tac which featured everything I really wanted PLUS!! (Except for front cocking serrations...just a personal preference). IIRC Beretta even had to reverse engineer the brig slide which Wilson loaned to Beretta I think!!

Bigghoss
12-16-2019, 11:28 PM
I have a Centac with the regular grip that I love. I think an LTT Centurion is in my future.

Jeep
12-17-2019, 03:59 PM
I like the M9A3; I like the Beretta X's. I like the Wilson guns. And I probably like the Langdon ones the best.

All are big improvements in what was a good basic package and all of them are, to my mind, better than the Legion P series guns--which aren't bad, but which ought to be better for the price.

JimLob65
12-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Luckily the centac vertec comes complete with the action tune. It's the perfect size for me and really is its own class of pistol IMO. And yes, it's better than a Sig. At least the newer runs of Pistols there putting out.

That’s right....I forgot it came wit the action tune. IMHO the action tune (trigger job) is a must have in either a WC or Langdon Beretta.

Gunny0491
12-17-2019, 06:06 PM
I definitely agree. The action tune is worth the extra IMO.