PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense tour

jlw
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
I had the opportunity to tour the Daniel Defense facility today. Top notch people; top notch products. If you are in the AR market, please take a look their products.

JDM
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Fantastic opportunity! Any photos?

jlw
04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Fantastic opportunity! Any photos?

Cameras were not allowed in the facility; not even a cell phone with a camera.

JDM
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I figured as much.

Can anyone take a tour? Not that I get down Georgia way too often, but it would give me a little more incentive.

jlw
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I figured as much.

Can anyone take a tour? Not that I get down Georgia way too often, but it would give me a little more incentive.

I am not certain if they offer public tours. I was in the area with a coworker who has a relative that works there. The relative arranged the tour.

At the end, I asked the gentleman that gave us the tour if it would be okay to discuss the tour with friends. His answer was such a firm positive that I went further and asked if it was okay that I told the internet. Again I received a positive answer. Perhaps if you are contemplating a trip to the area you should contact them and ask for an appointment. They do not allow people through the front door without an appointment. They have a lot of security.

JDM
04-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

DonovanM
04-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Love my M4V7.

tmoore912
04-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Our local DD Rep came to our action shoot at Patrick's Shooting Range. Showed up with 1,000 rounds of ammo and a select fire rifle and a few semi-auto rifles. Needless to say, we had a good time.

Ga Shooter
04-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Our local DD Rep came to our action shoot at Patrick's Shooting Range. Showed up with 1,000 rounds of ammo and a select fire rifle and a few semi-auto rifles. Needless to say, we had a good time.

Did they finally open the range to carbines? How is it going since someone left?

tmoore912
04-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Did they finally open the range to carbines? How is it going since someone left?

It still seems to going good. Joe has picked up the torch and is carrying on. Still no official OK for carbines from the owner, but every now and then they will allow it for special things like this.