PDA

View Full Version : Heritage rough rider - yay or nay?

Mystery
12-07-2019, 06:31 PM
I have a shield coming to an FFL shop.
This FFL doesn't charge additional for 2nd gun so thinking of getting a cheap 22lr gun.
It'll be hundred dollars flat.
What you say?

M&P 22lr is in mind but that's over $300 and already spent on a shield.

OlongJohnson
12-07-2019, 06:41 PM
I'd get at least a Ruger. But even at that, I know I'd be happier in the end with a Single Whatever Ruger.

If you just want a cheap .22LR pistol, Browning is having a $25 rebate until the end of the year. It's hard to go wrong with a cheap Buck Mark, as it's all the same parts as a more expensive one. Some have plastic, some have metal top straps, but that's about the extent of the variation.

Mystery
12-07-2019, 06:48 PM
I'd get at least a Ruger. But even at that, I know I'd be happier in the end with a Single Whatever Ruger.

If you just want a cheap .22LR pistol, Browning is having a $25 rebate until the end of the year. It's hard to go wrong with a cheap Buck Mark, as it's all the same parts as a more expensive one. Some have plastic, some have metal top straps, but that's about the extent of the variation.

Thanks for reply.
That's one Nay for the rough rider. :)

OlongJohnson
12-07-2019, 06:51 PM
That's one Nay for the rough rider. :)

But everyone should have a Buck Mark. Just sayin'.

(Ruger Mk-whatevers are cool, too, but Brownings have many advantages that I consider decisive.)

KellyinAvon
12-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Do you want a gun to let a newbie shoot and not scare them? Get one of these with a 6.5" barrel. There is no muzzle climb and for this price? Why not?!

awp_101
12-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Wait and get a Single Six or Wrangler IMO.

Duelist
12-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Wait and get a Single Six or Wrangler IMO.

Yup.

BillSWPA
12-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Based on reports I have read so far, the Ruger Wrangler appears to be a real winner as an inexpensive .22 lr. It is on my future purchase list, and I am not generally a single action revolver shooter.

For some more money, it is really hard to go wrong with a Buck Mark. Mine has paid for itself many times over in ammo savings as compared to centerfire, and is currently my daughter’s favorite gun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared
12-07-2019, 11:16 PM
At the minimum, get a Ruger Wrangler instead

TDA
12-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Sorry, I don’t like Rough Riders either.

Bigghoss
12-08-2019, 08:45 AM
I had a Rough Rider for a long time, shot a lot of rounds through it. They are good guns for what they cost.

mtnbkr
12-08-2019, 09:26 AM
I had a Rough Rider for a long time, shot a lot of rounds through it. They are good guns for what they cost.

My dad had one too. At the time, it was the only new sub-$300 rimfire revolver available. It shot well as a plinker and never failed on him. However, with the introduction of the Ruger Wrangler, I don't see a benefit of buying the Rough Rider.

Chris

Bigghoss
12-08-2019, 09:56 AM
My dad had one too. At the time, it was the only new sub-$300 rimfire revolver available. It shot well as a plinker and never failed on him. However, with the introduction of the Ruger Wrangler, I don't see a benefit of buying the Rough Rider.

Chris

I don't know anything about the Wrangler, I don't even know what they cost. All I know is the Rough Rider is good. Only reason I sold it is because I got bored only shooting six .22lr rounds and then punching them out. I might get a Single Ten someday.