PDA

View Full Version : JM Custom Kydex OWB 2 Picture Request

stomridertx
12-05-2019, 03:41 PM
I'm getting ready to gear up for a new carry pistol, and I'm thinking of going with JM Custom Kydex this time around because of the high praise the company gets on this forum. While I always carry IWB, I've been making sure that all of my OWB range holsters are concealable as well. I'm really intrigued with the design of the OWB 2, but I'm having a hard time finding pics online of what the OWB2 holster looks like when worn and I'd like to see some before pulling the trigger. If you have one, I'd really appreciate it if you'd put a pic here so I can get an idea of how it carries.

1911Nut
12-05-2019, 07:24 PM
Here's a video from JMCK showing the OWB holster:

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/VIDEO.html

I think the video is showing a #1 and not a #2, but I can tell you that the #2 is even more compact and concealable than the #1. I have used both models and much prefer the #2. Currently have them for a CZ 75 RAMI, a CZ 75 Shadowline Compact, and a 1911 Dan Wesson Guardian.

Hope this helps.

Lon
12-05-2019, 10:46 PM
Hope these help. I’ve got 2 of the OWB 2s. This is for my P07/Olight

stomridertx
12-06-2019, 01:18 AM
Hope these help. I’ve got 2 of the OWB 2s. This is for my P07/Olight

Thank you sir, that's exactly what I needed to see. I was trying to visualize how the front belt loop worked. It looks like this is the same concept as the Milt Sparks 55BN holster in a Kydex version. I'm impressed at how well it levers the butt of the gun into the body, which is something I want in an OWB. I think I'm sold to try one out.

Tony Mayer
12-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Thank you sir, that's exactly what I needed to see. I was trying to visualize how the front belt loop worked. It looks like this is the same concept as the Milt Sparks 55BN holster in a Kydex version. I'm impressed at how well it levers the butt of the gun into the body, which is something I want in an OWB. I think I'm sold to try one out.

That's exactly right! It was based off of the 55BN style of holster. One thing regarding this holster, I think it works best in 10 degree cant carried just behind the seam of the pants. Trying to carry it directly at 3 o'clock can be problematic, especially if you are on the skinny side. Thanks

stomridertx
12-06-2019, 04:58 PM
That's exactly right! It was based off of the 55BN. One thing regarding this holster, I think it works best in 10 degree cant carried just behind the seam of the pants. Trying to carry it directly at 3 o'clock can be problematic, especially if you are on the skinny side. Thanks
That's exactly how I carry, so it should be a good fit. I hover around the 300 lb mark so I definitely have waist real estate to spare. I'm too fat for AIWB, but super jealous of those that can carry that way.

Cool Breeze
12-09-2019, 01:19 AM
That's exactly right! It was based off of the 55BN style of holster. One thing regarding this holster, I think it works best in 10 degree cant carried just behind the seam of the pants. Trying to carry it directly at 3 o'clock can be problematic, especially if you are on the skinny side. Thanks

What's a good setup for direct 3 o'clock carry with a preference for no cant and 32 waist?

Cool Breeze
12-09-2019, 01:28 AM

I don't have this holster but from the pictures it looks like it does a lot better with the butt of the gun than my 55bn. You also have to clear more leather to get the gun out of the holster - at least I noticed slower draws or times I got hung up. The JM OWB 2 looks really interesting.

revchuck38
12-09-2019, 05:38 AM

I don't have this holster but from the pictures it looks like it does a lot better with the butt of the gun than my 55bn. You also have to clear more leather to get the gun out of the holster - at least I noticed slower draws or times I got hung up. The JM OWB 2 looks really interesting.

I've got both holsters - OWB 2 for my Beretta PX4 and 55BN (in cordovan with matching dual mag pouch) for my Commander. I much prefer the OWB 2. The 55BN requires you to buy specific pants or relocate the belt loops of existing pants in order to carry it where you want it, due to the long tunnel at the front of the holster. The OWB 2 lets you locate the holster where you want it, plus it's faster. The 55BN is WAY prettier, though. :)

I carry the OWB 2 at about 3:30 and it conceals the full-size pistol well.

Drifting Fate
12-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Sorry, no pictures handy, but please allow me to be an enabler.

I have multiple JMCK OWB2 holsters and think they are, from both a design standpoint and quality of construction standpoint, the best thing going in low-profile, kydex outside the waistband holsters.

It isn't a surprise to me that the 55BN was an inspiration as that's one of my favorite leather holsters, too.

Buy with confidence!

Tony Mayer
12-09-2019, 11:58 AM
What's a good setup for direct 3 o'clock carry with a preference for no cant and 32 waist?

Cool Breeze, the OWB1 may be a better option if worn at 3:00. If, for some reason, the existing loops we use for our OWB1 don't work well for you, we can swap out for loops that offer more of a curve for smaller waisted guys.

Thanks

revchuck38
12-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Tony Mayer - He didn’t sound wasted to me, actually he sounded pretty sober. :)

Tony Mayer
12-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Tony Mayer - He didn’t sound wasted to me, actually he sounded pretty sober. :)
Ha...... hadn't had enough caffeine yet apparently !

Cool Breeze
12-18-2019, 01:15 AM
Cool Breeze, the OWB1 may be a better option if worn at 3:00. If, for some reason, the existing loops we use for our OWB1 don't work well for you, we can swap out for loops that offer more of a curve for smaller waisted guys.

Thanks

Thank so much for the reply! Do you, by any chance, have a pic of your other loop options for this holster? I can't seem to find anything on your site.

Tony Mayer
12-18-2019, 02:31 PM
Thank so much for the reply! Do you, by any chance, have a pic of your other loop options for this holster? I can't seem to find anything on your site.

I will try and get a pic for you today or tomorrow. Thanks

Cool Breeze
12-18-2019, 03:59 PM
I will try and get a pic for you today or tomorrow. ThanksThanks Tony!

Tony Mayer
12-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Thanks Tony!

Cool Breeze, can you give me your email (PM me if need be) or your cell number? Easier for me to send pics that way. Thanks