PDA

View Full Version : Todd's "TG Special" P30 Questions

KentF
03-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I have some questions about using the lighter hammer spring.

What is the weight of this spring?

How does it affect the trigger pull?

Any idea why it is not used in any of the "official" LEM variations, as least from what I've been able to find on the web?

Will this void the warranty?

Thanks.

JV_
03-14-2011, 11:37 AM
FWIW: Part Numbers and other info is here: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?211-Part-numbers-for-HK-P30-LEM-V4

[moving to the Ask the Armorer]

KentF
03-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks, I have the part numbers. My questions are more to the "why".

ToddG
03-14-2011, 11:44 AM
It reduces overall trigger pull weight by a small amount, which counteracts the choice of using a heavier trigger return spring.

I also think the P30 is a little oversprung to begin with, and using the lighter mainspring can help alleviate problems that may arise from that.

KentF
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Todd. Is the lighter spring 12 pounds? I haven't been able to find any online, except Wolff Springs has a 12 pound one. I just wanted to be sure that was the correct one.

JV_
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
What is the weight of this spring?I don't think I've ever seen spring rates for the P30 advertised.

KentF
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
My bad, the ones from Wolff Springs are for the USP series.

JV_
03-14-2011, 12:10 PM
As far as the warranty question, I'm not sure any answer that you get on a forum is sufficient; unless it comes from an HK employee speaking on behalf of the company.

I highly doubt they will say much about the springs unless they are directly related to the failure. If your rear sight falls off, they're (probably) not going to deny you a warranty claim because you have a different firing pin block spring installed. But, if your gun develops some strange timing issue because of the lighter hammer spring ... they could reasonably deny that claim.

When I called and talked to CS, they were pretty helpful in selecting the right parts to get the trigger pull I was looking for. I didn't get the *tisk tisk*, finger waiving (think: Babu Bot), attitude that other manufacturers have been known to do.

To be honest, I don't even know what the warranty is on my P30s. Chances are, I won't need it.