PDA

View Full Version : Plame for congress

Totem Polar
11-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Surprisingly, I haven’t seen this one discussed yet, unless I missed it. Say what you want; it’s a better campaign add than most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICW-dGD1M18&feature=emb_logo

(She reportedly did her own driving in the vid, Rapid Butterfly)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/us/politics/valerie-plame-2020.html

NM just gets more interesting.

Medusa
11-20-2019, 01:21 PM
That’s cool, not a super difficult feat, but definitely stylish.

I don’t really believe pretty much any politician, but as ads go it’s a decent one.

Totem Polar
11-20-2019, 01:24 PM
I don’t really believe pretty much any politician, but as ads go it’s a decent one.

My take, exactly.

Rex G
11-20-2019, 01:42 PM
I am certainly not a lover of what the democratic party has become, but I like this ad.

I never worked undercover, but sometimes did covert surveillance, where being outed could have been a threat to my safety, and have worked as first-line back-up for UCs, who might have been harmed or killed, very close to me, had their true identities been known, so very much understand how she feels about The Traitor Irving Lewis Libby, and the anti-patriot who pardoned him. (“Anti-patriot” meaning because of his loyalty to his brand, and to the dollar.)

farscott
11-20-2019, 01:56 PM

Agreed on both parts. One of my favorite things to do on a closed track is to run the slalom course in reverse after running it "normally".

BehindBlueI's
11-20-2019, 02:08 PM
I like a pro-Camaro platform, but minus points for a car bra and a blue bow tie. Ick.

Hambo
11-20-2019, 02:19 PM

The car trick isn't the hardest, but it makes the point about the government going backwards. It also doesn't mention who she's running against, which I think is always good to avoid, and it avoids the usual Santa Claus bullshit promises that they don't intend to keep. I'm guessing it was a pretty pricey ad vs. opponent sucks/I'll give you want you want ads.

TheNewbie
11-20-2019, 02:55 PM
Leftism with style is still leftism.

What would be nice is if we had a federal government so small it wouldn’t matter who we elected.

Totem Polar
11-20-2019, 03:12 PM
What would be nice is if we had a federal government so small it wouldn’t matter who we elected.

I love you, man, but that's like saying it would be nice to have a 12-inch Johnson that doesn't make you pass out from blood pressure loss.

fly out
11-20-2019, 03:43 PM
Eh. Overstated resume, debunked claims.

Makes me wonder if, like pneumonia, the "P" is silent?

It sure seems like there has been a significant increase in people with ties to the intelligence community running for Congress in the last year or two. I'm not sure what to make of that...

ralph
11-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Eh. Overstated resume, debunked claims.

Makes me wonder if, like pneumonia, the "P" is silent?

It sure seems like there has been a significant increase in people with ties to the intelligence community running for Congress in the last year or two. I'm not sure what to make of that...

I don’t either, but my gut feeling is, it’s not a good thing..

blues
11-20-2019, 05:13 PM
What we need is more people in the intelligent community...with a healthy dollop of ethics.

RoyGBiv
11-20-2019, 05:41 PM
I was more impressed with the driving in reverse at some speed. I can do a J-Turn, so, we know that's not so hard. :D