PDA

View Full Version : HK LEM vs DA/SA kinda

Grouse870
11-17-2019, 07:34 PM
Long intro bare with me. So it looks like I’m going to be issued an HK LEM here in about a month of so but there nothing close by that even has an HK LEM or not that I can look at or try out. There is a range about an hour away from me that said they had an HK p30l LEM so I went down there and they apparently just took it out of rotation or something and they didn’t have it. So I looked around there rental area and they had a sig 226 tacops and that was about the only thing outside a striker fire gun that I thought might be reasonably close to an LEM. My experience is basically all with strikerfire guns namely glock and S&W. So I did dot torture basically all DA (decocking between shots) except for the transition dots. I got 48/50 dropped the first shot right outside the line which I think was attributed to the sights as it seemed to shoot more drive the dot than top of front sight and I dropped one into the number 3 from the first 5 shots slowfire. So I think I did ok on my first real non striker fired use. So how close is DA only to an LEM?
Also I ran about 150 rounds through this sig out to about 20 yards and did pretty well on a b8 center staying in the black. (which could be attributed to new gun and hyper focus) but still I kinda like it.
Not sure why it’s turned and I wrote legion on it by mistake

GJM
11-17-2019, 07:46 PM
If you edit your photo in any way before posting, it seems to fix the orientation.

The LEM is like DA in that both are not striker triggers, but the similarity ends about right there.

10mmfanboy
11-17-2019, 07:50 PM
I think it is cool that you aren't actually being issued a striker fired pistol. I hope it works out well for you!

Balisong
11-17-2019, 08:26 PM
That's nice shooting! But no, LEM really is a different animal. But if you're already capable of the shooting you did with the Sig I'm pretty confident you'll also get proficient with the LEM, given enough practice with it. My guess is you'll see more difference with it on timed drills than on dot torture, though. Which HK are you being issued?

Grouse870
11-17-2019, 08:29 PM
P2000

Jared
11-17-2019, 08:32 PM
My experience is if you can run a DA trigger pull fairly well, you’ll probably be ok with LEM. Probably not USPSA grandmaster level, but ok. And by ok I mean this specifically: if you can pass most of the skills tests that pop up around this forum that use a reasonable standard of accuracy with a reasonable time frame with DAO, you’ll probably be able to pass them with LEM. That’s what it’s been like for me when I shoot LEM anyway

OlongJohnson
11-17-2019, 10:05 PM
A P226 is really a very different pistol than a P2000 LEM.

I'd recommend reading the classic LEM threads. If you're being issued the pistol, you're probably doing the things that make LEM make the most sense.

I'd ask and see if there can be allowances for officially approved alternative LEM variants. There's Light and Heavy, at the very least. Hopefully your agency isn't set on Heavy.

David S.
11-17-2019, 10:30 PM
What part of the country are you? There may be someone willing to let you run some rounds through theirs.

M2CattleCo
11-17-2019, 10:33 PM
LEM is a lot like a Glock trigger but it moves about an inch.

About the time you get pulled through the long take-up,you hit a wall and will either fix your now ruined sight picture or miss. Take your time and don't expect much fun.

Grouse870
11-17-2019, 10:43 PM
I’ve read all the LEM threads that was the first thing I did. HK are hard to find around here for some reason. I don’t think I will be able to mess with it I think it’s more like you get what you get. Eastern Washington for the next month.

TCB
11-18-2019, 12:36 AM
If you’re going Green or Blue (I’m assuming it one or the other as I don’t know if anyone else in the world issuing the P2000) don’t worry about it too much. They’re going to be gone pretty soon...

Grouse870
11-18-2019, 12:50 AM
Going green.

TCB
11-18-2019, 02:21 AM
Atta boy.

WobblyPossum
11-18-2019, 07:55 AM
If you’re going Green or Blue (I’m assuming it one or the other as I don’t know if anyone else in the world issuing the P2000) don’t worry about it too much. They’re going to be gone pretty soon...

When are you guys slated to start seeing the Gen5 Glocks? Within FY20?

TCB
11-18-2019, 05:35 PM
We probably won’t see them on the southern border until the end of next year at the soonest. The only people getting them after us will be Trainees at the Academy. Northern border Agents are scheduled to get them first and I think a couple Sectors have already had the dummy guns at Stations for Agents to choose which one they get (G19 or G47).