PDA

View Full Version : Agency Arms P320 Trigger--Ultimate Drop-Safe Trigger?

Tokarev
11-12-2019, 07:29 PM
For those who own/shoot a 320 but still have doubts about its safety...

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/agency-arms-sig-p320-trigger/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

L-2
11-12-2019, 08:16 PM
I seem to remember, maybe back in 2014 or 2015, the old P320 advertising listing a trigger-safety-type trigger was going to be one of the options when buying the P320.
By the time the P320 came onto the market, that trigger-safety-trigger was no longer available.
Does anybody else remember this or can comment?

cornstalker
11-12-2019, 10:10 PM
For those who own/shoot a 320 but still have doubts about its safety...

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/agency-arms-sig-p320-trigger/

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a pair.

Drang
11-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Is this an armorer, or user, install item?

HCM
11-12-2019, 11:04 PM
I seem to remember, maybe back in 2014 or 2015, the old P320 advertising listing a trigger-safety-type trigger was going to be one of the options when buying the P320.
By the time the P320 came onto the market, that trigger-safety-trigger was no longer available.
Does anybody else remember this or can comment?

I remember. SIG has supplied them for some foreign LE sales. The Guatemalan police have them in their P320s.

Pete K
11-13-2019, 08:11 AM

Looks like it should drop in.
Trigger swap on a 320 is a 2 minute job. Super easy.

Pete K
11-13-2019, 01:16 PM

Looks like a drop in.
3 minute job to swap a trigger out on a 320.

cornstalker
11-24-2019, 07:35 PM
When I ordered mine it said the estimated arrival date was 11/27 and I would be notified if they were not in stock. I got an email asking me to review the product that I have not received yet so I checked the order status. Now it says the estimated date is 12/8. WTF??

mistertwo
11-24-2019, 09:22 PM
When I ordered mine it said the estimated arrival date was 11/27 and I would be notified if they were not in stock. I got an email asking me to review the product that I have not received yet so I checked the order status. Now it says the estimated date is 12/8. WTF??

Crap, my order says 12/9. I was looking forward to getting it this week.

RevolverRob
11-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Serious Q:

How does this improve the actual drop safety of the P320?

The idea is basically that the trigger safety needs to be depressed before the striker plunger is released and the trigger safety is sufficiently low mass/sprung to prevent it from moving far enough back to release the plunger?

zaitcev
11-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Looks like it should drop in.
Trigger swap on a 320 is a 2 minute job. Super easy.

It really depends on your dexterity, and if you know how to hook that blessed spring back. After all, you cannot remove the trigger without removing its bar first, and that one is limited by the spring. My solution is to use good needle-nosed pliers and hook the S-shaped part first. Also, wear safety glasses. If it goes flying, there's no way for a human to blink fast enough.

Pete K
11-25-2019, 02:45 PM
It really depends on your dexterity, and if you know how to hook that blessed spring back. After all, you cannot remove the trigger without removing its bar first, and that one is limited by the spring. My solution is to use good needle-nosed pliers and hook the S-shaped part first. Also, wear safety glasses. If it goes flying, there's no way for a human to blink fast enough.

To change the trigger, the trigger bar and trigger bar spring don’t come apart.

cornstalker
12-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Omaha Outdoors is a joke to deal with. They sent me an email to review the product I haven't received yet. I checked my order status and it clearly stated that if they did not have the product in stock I would be notified by email. The date on my order status was pushed back two weeks later than what was posted when I ordered it. The date has been pushed back two more times since and now shows the product is out of stock with the estimated shipping date removed completely. On top of that, my order now shows that the triggers are $60 each x2 for a total of $150. They have not called me back in the week since I left a voicemail.

I am a firm believer that you say what you do and do what you say. No exceptions. I will be canceling my order unless I am told the triggers are in an envelope headed my way.

I guess I should be a little more patient, but when someone tells you they will do something and don't do it, that means they are a liar. I can't stand liars and won't support them.

mistertwo
12-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Just got a tracking number for my order. No expected delivery date yet though.

cornstalker
12-02-2019, 08:46 PM
I got one today as well.

mistertwo
12-04-2019, 05:56 PM
I got mine in the mail today and can't say I like it. The first pic is a comparison to a factory Sig flat trigger. The Agency Arms trigger sits a bit further back than the Sig flat trigger. The 2nd and 3rd pic show why I don't like the trigger. The safety blade is shorter than than the rest of the trigger and doesn't flare out at the bottom like the main body of the trigger does. When depressed low on the trigger, it leaves you pressing back on the bottom prongs of the main trigger body with a gap in the middle. If you press the trigger higher up, it's not an issue but I generally like to press lower on a trigger. I've got a Agency Arms Glock trigger and this isn't an issue on it. It does come with a set of springs which I was not expecting but ultimately don't need since I've already got the Gray Guns springs installed.

cornstalker
12-04-2019, 06:50 PM
I got mine in the mail today and can't say I like it. The first pic is a comparison to a factory Sig flat trigger. The Agency Arms trigger sits a bit further back than the Sig flat trigger. The 2nd and 3rd pic show why I don't like the trigger. The safety blade is shorter than than the rest of the trigger and doesn't flare out at the bottom like the main body of the trigger does. When depressed low on the trigger, it leaves you pressing back on the bottom prongs of the main trigger body with a gap in the middle. If you press the trigger higher up, it's not an issue but I generally like to press lower on a trigger. I've got a Agency Arms Glock trigger and this isn't an issue on it. It does come with a set of springs which I was not expecting but ultimately don't need since I've already got the Gray Guns springs installed.

That's a bummer. The forgiving nature of the flat trigger is it's best attribute to me. Have you assembled it and tried dry firing or have you fired it yet?

My triggers sat in the Rosenberg post office for two days. Finally left there at 1 pm today.

mistertwo
12-04-2019, 08:40 PM
That's a bummer. The forgiving nature of the flat trigger is it's best attribute to me. Have you assembled it and tried dry firing or have you fired it yet?

My triggers sat in the Rosenberg post office for two days. Finally left there at 1 pm today.

I did install and dry fire it.

cornstalker
12-04-2019, 08:47 PM
I did install and dry fire it.

Did it change the feel of the trigger in terms of weight, break or reset much?

mistertwo
12-04-2019, 09:46 PM
Did it change the feel of the trigger in terms of weight, break or reset much?

I don't think it changed much as far as feel goes compared to the Sig flat trigger. On a trigger pull gauge, the Agency Arms trigger was maybe 3-4 oz heavier than the Sig flat trigger but likely due to the fact that I could pull from lower on the trigger of the Sig flat trigger. The most noticeable difference is that the Agency Arms trigger starts at 90° whereas the Sig gets to 90° after breaking.

Tokarev
12-05-2019, 06:16 AM
I wonder if the trigger tab used here is carried over from the Agency Glock trigger. That might explain why it is smaller than the actual trigger.

I can see how those two little horns would be annoying. The easy answer, other than returning the trigger for a refund, is to file them off.

Personally I think I'd just get my money back....

cornstalker
12-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Personally I think I'd just get my money back....

Being an Omaha Outdoors exclusive, that may prove challenging. I wonder if a guy could contact Agency directly.

Tokarev
12-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Being an Omaha Outdoors exclusive, that may prove challenging. I wonder if a guy could contact Agency directly.Agency might welcome the feedback.

cornstalker
12-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Mine finally showed up. Seems okay. Thanks to Alma Cole, I now know I have a pre-bent trigger bar spring. Gonna order a couple of new ones and put one in when I get around to installing the sear springs that came with the trigger. I just put the trigger in for now to see how it works. Not sure I like the feel of trigger on my finger, but if it doesn't bite me it will be okay. I couldn't get it not to work no matter how high or low I placed my finger on the trigger shoe, even if my finger was dragging frame or trigger guard. Should be able to shoot it Wednesday and see if it pinches.

cornstalker
12-11-2019, 11:07 PM
100 rounds from the new trigger tonight. D1's and F2S at 10, D3's and Bil Drills at 7. I was expecting not to like the trigger based on feel. After shooting it, I noticed that I simply did not notice it. That exceeds my expectations. This was a good purchase.

WillyGoat1911
04-13-2020, 04:25 PM
Just received and installed my Agency drop-in for the P320 and it wiggles and rattles like hell compared to the factory trigger, anyone else have this issue? Agency arms tech support told me "oh you'll get that, it should shoot though". Worst response I have ever received from any customer service.

bams2484
05-02-2021, 06:17 PM

how do you install the 2 springs that comes with the trigger? i've been trying to look for a tutorial/guide on how to install it and have found nothing. any help would be much appreciated.

lwt16
05-07-2021, 06:55 AM
how do you install the 2 springs that comes with the trigger? i've been trying to look for a tutorial/guide on how to install it and have found nothing. any help would be much appreciated.

Those appear to be the sear springs. It would entail an armorer's level disassembly to install those if those are indeed sear springs.

I'm not familiar with this trigger kit so I could be wrong.

Regards.

SigP320
02-23-2022, 09:52 AM
If someone can let me know how do you install the springs I would appreciate it
https://pistol-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45551

SigP320
02-27-2022, 12:51 PM
The Agency Arms P320 Trigger Install was easy to install and I like the idea of having an extra safety keeping the firearm from drop firing. 85137

Tokarev
02-27-2022, 05:18 PM
The Agency Arms P320 Trigger Install was easy to install and I like the idea of having an extra safety keeping the firearm from drop firing. 85137What does the top of the trigger doohickey interface against if dropped muzzle up? Is it acting against the plastic grip module or against the chassis?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

psalms144.1
02-28-2022, 06:34 PM
Serious Q:

How does this improve the actual drop safety of the P320?

The idea is basically that the trigger safety needs to be depressed before the striker plunger is released and the trigger safety is sufficiently low mass/sprung to prevent it from moving far enough back to release the plunger?This may or may not stop a trigger from moving without the dongle being depressed, but I definitely don't see what this does to address issues with bad parts, bad assembly, and no QC - all of which can result in an unintended discharge with the right external forces applied to the pistol. Allegedly.