They will sell like hot cakes...

GLPM1950333
G19M 9MM 15+1 AB AGENT SIGHTS
3-15RD MAGS
9mm
MANUFACTURER: GLOCK
MFG MDL #: PM1950333
UPC: 764503033278

This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but that does not mean that it is currently available. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order.

MSRP: $753.00

GLPM1950333 SPECIFICATIONS
MANUFACTURER: GLOCK
FAMILY: G19 Series
MODEL: G19M
TYPE: Semi-Auto Pistol
ACTION: Safe Action
CALIBER/GAUGE: 9mm
FINISH: nDLC Finish
FINISH TYPE: Black
FRAME: Polymer Frame
STOCK: Polymer Frame
BARREL: 4.02"
OVERALL LENGTH: 7.28"
CAPACITY: 15 + 1
# OF MAGAZINES: 3
MAG DESCRIPTION: 15 rd.
SIGHTS: AmeriGlo Sights
SIGHT TYPE: Night Sights
SAFETY FEATURES: No Manual Safety
CASE: Plastic
ADDL INFO: Glock Marksman Barrel
ADDL INFO: Extended Ambi Slide Release
ADDL INFO: Rounded "FBI" Magazine Catch
MFG MODEL NO: PM1950333
UPC: 764503033278
LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE

WobblyPossum
11-06-2019, 10:54 PM
I just want Glock to offer the DLC coated M internals for sale so I can throw them into the Gen5 G19s I already own.

HeavyDuty
11-06-2019, 11:09 PM
I just want Glock to offer the DLC coated M internals for sale so I can throw them into the Gen5 G19s I already own.

So much this.

StraitR
11-06-2019, 11:25 PM
Did the 17M run they did not long ago have the coated internals? I saw pics of one floating around that didn't look any different than standard Gen5 internals.

HCM
11-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Did the 17M run they did not long ago have the coated internals? I saw pics of one floating around that didn't look any different than standard Gen5 internals.

The four my local dealer got had the U notch rear Agent sights and the DLC internals.

M2CattleCo
11-07-2019, 08:48 AM
I asked about these and was told that none of the 17 or 19Ms had or will have any of the nDLC parts

BigD
11-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Speaking of coated internals, is the coating the only reason the trigger is ‘better’ on the 19M? Or did Glock make other tweaks?

(“Scare quotes” is meant to head off any argument about what is “better”. )

El Cid
11-07-2019, 01:43 PM
I asked about these and was told that none of the 17 or 19Ms had or will have any of the nDLC parts

I was told during the Glock Armorer class 6 weeks ago that all Gen 5’s now have the same coatings as the “M” guns. I wonder if anyone knows the real answer...

HCM
11-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Speaking of coated internals, is the coating the only reason the trigger is ‘better’ on the 19M? Or did Glock make other tweaks?

(“Scare quotes” is meant to head off any argument about what is “better”. )

AFAIK it’s the coating. It’s been reported that the DLC coated parts start out a little bit heavier than the standard parts but where in to a nice trigger somewhere around 5lbs. Due to the DLC finish the trigger stays there as opposed to degrading the way the plating on standard Glock internals tends to do.

Magsz
11-07-2019, 07:05 PM
I was told during the Glock Armorer class 6 weeks ago that all Gen 5’s now have the same coatings as the “M” guns. I wonder if anyone knows the real answer...

I love it when everyone says something different lol!

M2CattleCo
11-07-2019, 08:52 PM
The nDLC on the Ms is dark gray.

Sigfan26
11-07-2019, 09:07 PM
I love it when everyone says something different lol!

It’s truly the epitome of mental masturbation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YVK
11-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Well, I looked at the other possibilities of what else "something different" could be said, and it seems like "current M guns have no DLC treatment on the internals, much like standard guns" is only remaining option.

GJM
11-07-2019, 11:07 PM
Well, I looked at the other possibilities of what else "something different" could be said, and it seems like "current M guns have no DLC treatment on the internals, much like standard guns" is only remaining option.

You are smarter than you look.

EVP
11-07-2019, 11:17 PM

Not following your post but do you have 1st hand knowledge.

What I am gathering is HCM seems to be the only person that has seen these current M guns and says they have coated internals.

Either way I don’t really care but speculation got confusing real fast.

TCB
11-08-2019, 07:50 AM
Of my sample size of new Gen 5 guns (5 of them) the internals are a greyish color but it easily polishes off to shiny silver . I don’t think DLC would behave that way...just a data point.

GJM
11-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Not following your post but do you have 1st hand knowledge.

What I am gathering is HCM seems to be the only person that has seen these current M guns and says they have coated internals.

Either way I don’t really care but speculation got confusing real fast.

A possible explanation is that originally M pistols received the coating referred to by HCM, and subsequently the spec was changed, causing a change to the internal parts coating.

BehindBlueI's
11-08-2019, 09:02 AM
A possible explanation is that originally M pistols received the coating referred to by HCM, and subsequently the spec was changed, causing a change to the internal parts coating.

Or, if we're speculating, there are two classes of "M". Gov't (and the overruns from gov't) and commercial.

I don't know when we got our last batch, but I could ask our armorer if he sees any difference the next time he gets new ones.

HALO51
11-08-2019, 09:25 AM
The 17M's by Lipsey's were NOT NDLC......The NDLC is jet black. trigger bar, connector are coated and very obvious the difference.

If I knew how to post pics I would. If someone wants to PM me, I can email or text pics. I will provide actual pics of real 19M NDLC internals and you can then post them.

BehindBlueI's
11-08-2019, 09:46 AM
The 17M's by Lipsey's were NOT NDLC......The NDLC is jet black. trigger bar, connector are coated and very obvious the difference.

My issued 17M is definitely the jet black. It was the obvious difference (other than roll mark, of course) when compared to the commercial Gen 5. Other than roll mark, what's the difference now between "M" and "5" if not the coating?

HALO51
11-08-2019, 09:51 AM
My issued 17M is definitely the jet black. It was the obvious difference (other than roll mark, of course) when compared to the commercial Gen 5. Other than roll mark, what's the difference now between "M" and "5" if not the coating?

"M" on top of barrel vs "5"

IMPD issued guns were NOT NDLC but had the "M" barrel

HeavyDuty
11-08-2019, 12:16 PM
What I don’t get is why Glock appears to be restricting the NDLC coated components...

echo5charlie
11-08-2019, 12:20 PM
The 17M's that Lipsey's sold do NOT have the DLC internals (these are reported to be Glock employee purchase overruns). These 19M's likely will not either.

RAM Engineer
11-08-2019, 03:28 PM
The 17M's that Lipsey's sold do NOT have the DLC internals (these are reported to be Glock employee purchase overruns). These 19M's likely will not either.

Can anyone provide a list of which parts, specifically, are nDLC coated in the contract M-guns?

L-2
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Here's what I found to possibly answer Post 24,

FBI ‘M’ guns have the nDLC finish on some internals including the trigger bar, connector, and slide stop lever, Gen 5 guns do not. Also, ‘M’ guns that went to a select few agencies do not have the nDLC treated internals. It’s easy to spot the difference, as the nDLC finished internals are jet black. Not gray.

ref. https://glockcollector.info/2017/08/31/differences-between-gen-4-and-gen-5-pistols/

TRIGGER BAR, CONNECTOR, AND SLIDE STOP LEVER. I've not seen or handled an FBI G17M or G19M and cannot personally confirm.

Totem Polar
11-08-2019, 04:52 PM
If these Lipsey Ms don’t have the appropriately coated fire controls, then WGAF?

L-2
11-08-2019, 05:58 PM
It seems the Lipsey's G17M and G19M models will be configured as the originally released G17Gen5 and G19Gen5 pistols were or what the FBI received (but without specially coated internals), but no longer made that way except for Lipsey's Glocks with specially colored frames:

-front strap cut-out for easier grabbing of a stuck mag
-no front serrations on slide

Additional Options Included:
-Ameriglo night sights
-extended mag catch
-extended slide stop

The amount of variations has approached what the semi-custom 1911 makers offer. There's no ability to specify an individual Glock with specific options directly from Glock, however. I suspect there will always be some combination of options someone on the various forums will later whine about, just wait:) I wonder what Glock's minimum quantity is for these specially-made-to-order-Glocks (just wondering; I don't expect anyone to actually know).

BehindBlueI's
11-08-2019, 06:49 PM
IMPD issued guns were NOT NDLC but had the "M" barrel

The first batch did, at least.

TC215
11-08-2019, 07:37 PM
The internals on (somewhat dirty) agency-issued 19M:

https://i.imgur.com/4ZZOx8a.jpg

10mmfanboy
11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
What is NDLC coating going to bump up the price of manufacturing a glock to? Cost Gaston a whopping $95 now instead of $90 to manufacture?

M2CattleCo
11-08-2019, 09:34 PM
If these Lipsey Ms don’t have the appropriately coated fire controls, then WGAF?

My point. To me it just looks like a way for Glock to dump old/surplus parts on the market.

M2CattleCo
11-08-2019, 09:36 PM
What I don’t get is why Glock appears to be restricting the NDLC coated components...

With Glock's volume, they're probably the cheapest handgun to manufacture per unit. They don't get that way by using the best stuff.

El Cid
11-08-2019, 09:45 PM
With Glock's volume, they're probably the cheapest handgun to manufacture per unit. They don't get that way by using the best stuff.

And most shooters won’t care about (or even know about) the coating so why bother? They are still going to sell every Glock they make.

M2CattleCo
11-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Exactly my opinion of Glock.

Greg
11-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Stop making sense.

BehindBlueI's
11-09-2019, 11:43 AM
The internals on (somewhat dirty) agency-issued 19M:

https://i.imgur.com/4ZZOx8a.jpg

Same as the 17M, "3970" stamped and darker then the commercial Gen 5 I compared it to. I guess I can't swear under oath it's the DLC or whatever, but it was darker then what I assumed to be nickel on the commercial one.

echo5charlie
11-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Can anyone provide a list of which parts, specifically, are nDLC coated in the contract M-guns?

I asked at my latest armorers course and was side-stepped and told that since these are very department specific they are not discussed in the general armorers class. I was also told that the parts are unobtanium outside of the proper supply channels and, due to the contract, these parts would not be made available to the public nor any group that was not "on the list".

Basically there are real-M and in-name-only-M variants now.

echo5charlie
11-09-2019, 12:01 PM
It seems the Lipsey's G17M and G19M models will be configured as the originally released G17Gen5 and G19Gen5 pistols were or what the FBI received (but without specially coated internals), but no longer made that way except for Lipsey's Glocks with specially colored frames:

-front strap cut-out for easier grabbing of a stuck mag
-no front serrations on slide

Additional Options Included:
-Ameriglo night sights
-extended mag catch
-extended slide stop

The amount of variations has approached what the semi-custom 1911 makers offer. There's no ability to specify an individual Glock with specific options directly from Glock, however. I suspect there will always be some combination of options someone on the various forums will later whine about, just wait:) I wonder what Glock's minimum quantity is for these specially-made-to-order-Glocks (just wondering; I don't expect anyone to actually know).

I have been told (subject to being incorrect) that the order is 1000 depending on configuration.

EJO
11-09-2019, 12:02 PM
I asked at my latest armorers course and was side-stepped and told that since these are very department specific they are not discussed in the general armorers class. I was also told that the parts are unobtanium outside of the proper supply channels and, due to the contract, these parts would not be made available to the public nor any group that was not "on the list".

This is what I was told as well.

EJO
11-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Keep in mind this is not my pistol. The difference between a FBI contract M pistol versus Lipsey’s run is the barrel and internals. DLC Coated internals are jet black and easily differentiated from commercial gen 5 internals.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/2c73b2e796b0357c655af1725077977a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/e77486aae5b29f8115d574ff369ad7ea.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191109/30e46205175fe9f1799f8b8cb62e92e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC215
11-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Same as the 17M, "3970" stamped and darker then the commercial Gen 5 I compared it to. I guess I can't swear under oath it's the DLC or whatever, but it was darker then what I assumed to be nickel on the commercial one.

Does yours have the “M” stamp on the barrel? Mine does not.

echo5charlie
11-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Here is a link to a reported real FBI 19M:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/photos-of-an-actual-fbi-19m-gun-these-are-what-dlc-internals-look-like.1792310/

HCM
11-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Here is a link to a reported real FBI 19M:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/photos-of-an-actual-fbi-19m-gun-these-are-what-dlc-internals-look-like.1792310/

Since this is now going to be a thing, there are two types of “real” FBI Glocks.

Govt owned and issued guns and POW (personally owned weapon) program guns. The 19M is basic issue but there are Govt owned Gen 3/4 17s and 19s out there as well. Agents must maintain one Govt issued gun and qualify with it once a year whether they actually carry it vs their POW.

The POW M guns (17/19)are ordered directly from Glock. Glock sends them to the Firearms Training Unit Armorers for inspection and then they are sent to the Agent’s office. The process for the Colt POW Carbines is similar.

Other approved Glock models, the 26.5, 43, and 43x can either be ordered as above or purchased commercially and submitted to FTU for inspection and sight installation. They must be all black.

For logistical purposes, the Bureau color codes Govt issue guns, black Glocks / Carbines for standard issue and OD green for regional SWAT etc. If you think about the logistics of an agency with 13,000 LEO, many of who have multiple weapons issued or approved it makes sense.

The internet alleges that HRT guns are color coded tan. It’s unlikely that will be confirmed because / the first rule of fight club.

DOS/DSS and BATFE are also issuing 19Ms. DEA and the USMS are issuing 17Ms with optiotonal 19Ms.

TC215
11-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Since this is now going to be a thing, there are two types of “real” FBI Glocks.

Govt owned and issued guns and POW (personally owned weapon) program guns. The 19M is basic issue but there are Govt owned Gen 3/4 17s and 19s out there as well. Agents must maintain one Govt issued gun and qualify with it once a year whether they actually carry it vs their POW.

The POW M guns (17/19)are ordered directly from Glock. Glock sends them to the Firearms Training Unit Armorers for inspection and then they are sent to the Agent’s office. The process for the Colt POW Carbines is similar.

Other approved Glock models, the 26.5, 43, and 43x can either be ordered as above or purchased commercially and submitted to FTU for inspection and sight installation. They must be all black.

For logistical purposes, the Bureau color codes Govt issue guns, black Glocks / Carbines for standard issue and OD green for regional SWAT etc. If you think about the logistics of an agency with 13,000 LEO, many of who have multiple weapons issued or approved it makes sense.

The internet alleges that HRT guns are color coded tan. It’s unlikely that will be confirmed because / the first rule of fight club.

DOS/DSS and BATFE are also issuing 19Ms. DEA and the USMS are issuing 17Ms with optiotonal 19Ms.

Do you know if the Bureau is even using 17M’s? I’ve never seen an agent with one, and the agents I know with large hands that wanted one instead of the 19M were told they weren’t an option.

BehindBlueI's
11-09-2019, 02:11 PM
Does yours have the “M” stamp on the barrel? Mine does not.

Yes, "5M"

HCM
11-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Do you know if the Bureau is even using 17M’s? I’ve never seen an agent with one, and the agents I know with large hands that wanted one instead of the 19M were told they weren’t an option.

I don’t know of them being issued, but they are definitely a POW option. I know a 6’ 7” Agent who carries a POW 17M and some FI’s who bought them.

For several years, when the G22 was standard, some Agents who struggled with the .40 were issued Gen 3/4 G17s and I know at least one issued a 19.4 after struggling with the G22. These people will likely be the last to get 19Ms.

He is making good money. Take the 19M, qualify with it once a year then stop being cheap and buy / carry a POW 17M.

Totem Polar
11-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Clearly, M stands for “minutia.”

Looks like Lipsey’s customers get the privilege of buying a G19.5, only with the pinky-busting frontstrap cutout. Perfect for gadget-less sock drawer use.

(Yeah, I’m ripping on the Lipsey’s buy, but only because if someone is buying ‘the same thing’ as ‘the big boys’ then it should really be the same thing. Otherwise, may as well buy cheaper and just as good. I’m not really all that broken up over it, but I’ll probably still make fun of anyone who buys one, because I can be a dick that way...)
;)

El Cid
11-09-2019, 05:07 PM

Looks like Lipsey’s customers get the privilege of buying a G19.5, only with the pinky-busting frontstrap cutout. Perfect for gadget-less sock drawer use.

(Yeah, I’m ripping on the Lipsey’s buy, but only because if someone is buying ‘the same thing’ as ‘the big boys’ then it should really be the same thing. Otherwise, may as well buy cheaper and just as good. I’m not really all that broken up over it, but I’ll probably still make fun of anyone who buys one, because I can be a dick that way...)
;)

Pinky busting? Lol! I wish Glock would ignore the Internet ninjas and leave the cutout on the guns for armed professionals.

Totem Polar
11-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Pinky busting? Lol! I wish Glock would ignore the Internet ninjas and leave the cutout on the guns for armed professionals.

Now’s your chance to grab an extra.

BehindBlueI's
11-09-2019, 05:11 PM

;)

I wouldn't exactly mind having a 19M because reasons, but man I can't see paying that premium over a blue label Gen 5. I keep "somedaying" a MOS Glock and start playing with optics.

UNM1136
11-09-2019, 05:16 PM

I like the Vickers baseplates for those reasons. I was considering having Bowie Tactical cut my frame and include the mag removal cutouts, but they are on the sides of the grip, not the front strap. I think I would prefer going that route rather than a cutout in the frontstrap.

pat

El Cid
11-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Now’s your chance to grab an extra.

Lol! Not for that price. I’ll just have a “texture specialist” cut the half moon on my frame. The roll mark doesn’t bother me if it says Gen 5.

Totem Polar
11-09-2019, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't exactly mind having a 19M because reasons, but man I can't see paying that premium over a blue label Gen 5. I keep "somedaying" a MOS Glock and start playing with optics.

If I could buy a Gov’t M at Gov’t pricing, I’d totally dig it, sure.

Honestly, after being forced to go retro/Gen3 for my last buy (G36; essentially 26.3 tech), I’m of the mind that the sights on my G are much more important to me than what gen it is. They all work (so long as they actually work) and I can see what I’m doing.

El Cid
11-09-2019, 05:19 PM
I like the Vickers baseplates for those reasons. I was considering having Bowie Tactical cut my frame and include the mag removal cutouts, but they are on the sides of the grip, not the front strap. I think I would prefer going that route rather than a cutout in the frontstrap.

pat

The issue I have with the Vickers plates is they make the gun wider and less concealable. And I try not to give LAV any of my money.

UNM1136
11-09-2019, 05:20 PM
There is that...

pat

ST911
11-09-2019, 08:20 PM
I would like a G45 with DLC internals. Just sayin.

10mmfanboy
11-10-2019, 03:49 PM
I just saw a glock store video with that lenny dude discussing the glock 17M lipsey edition and he took off the slide and it had black coated internals and said it was ndlc finish on the parts. He said he only had 10 in stock and they are going to be super rare yet I found several on gunbroker. So which is it? NDLC internals or not?

HALO51
11-10-2019, 04:15 PM
I just saw a glock store video with that lenny dude discussing the glock 17M lipsey edition and he took off the slide and it had black coated internals and said it was ndlc finish on the parts. He said he only had 10 in stock and they are going to be super rare yet I found several on gunbroker. So which is it? NDLC internals or not?

I saw same video. That's NOT ndlc internals. PM me your email and I will send you pics of actual 19M internals so it can help out with identification.

10mmfanboy
11-10-2019, 07:27 PM
I believe you! I figured Lenny didn't really know lol. Well if that is the case and they aren't NDLC internals, then I'd rather just get a 17 mos gen 5 for that price.

HALO51
11-10-2019, 08:09 PM
I believe you! I figured Lenny didn't really know lol. Well if that is the case and they aren't NDLC internals, then I'd rather just get a 17 mos gen 5 for that price.

I love the Gen 5 17MOS over my 19M. The 17 MOS=Longer sight radius, front beveled, new breech face cut, no cut out, optic ready.....The 19M is outdated compared to all the enhancements I just mentioned.

TC215
11-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Here are some photo’s of HALO51 ‘s 19M, with nDLC internals:

https://i.imgur.com/FbUFCkz.png

https://i.imgur.com/UYu8sIC.png

https://i.imgur.com/pzgKFhR.png

https://i.imgur.com/Y196ZIt.png

https://i.imgur.com/8HObKky.png

Here are a few of my 19M (no nDLC internals) for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/QES005H.jpg

No “M” on the barrel:

https://i.imgur.com/fWuynY6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ji6dHWH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sKRnAat.jpg

10mmfanboy
11-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Here are some photo’s of HALO51 ‘s 19M, with nDLC internals:

https://i.imgur.com/FbUFCkz.png

https://i.imgur.com/UYu8sIC.png

https://i.imgur.com/pzgKFhR.png

https://i.imgur.com/Y196ZIt.png

https://i.imgur.com/8HObKky.png

Here are a few of my 19M (no nDLC internals) for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/QES005H.jpg

No “M” on the barrel:

https://i.imgur.com/fWuynY6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ji6dHWH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sKRnAat.jpg

I see what you mean, that definitely looks different than the lipsye's edition. Looks like even the slide stops show less wear than standard slide stops. Glock definitely needs to do a better finish on their slide stops.

I can't really come up with an excuse for another glock, but I don't have a g17 or a gen 5 or a mos. So I just gave myself 3 excuses to buy one right there!

ST911
11-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Glock definitely needs to do a better finish on their slide stops.

Why?

Wondering Beard
11-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Probably a silly question, but why aren't the internals just plain stainless steel? Wouldn't it be cheaper than trying any specific coating and never have the problem of flaking which seems to affect the trigger pull?

M2CattleCo
11-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Probably a silly question, but why aren't the internals just plain stainless steel? Wouldn't it be cheaper than trying any specific coating and never have the problem of flaking which seems to affect the trigger pull?

Galling would be an issue between the trigger bar and connector if the steel was stainless enough to actually not rust.

I've been wondering how a machined 4140 trigger bar and striker would act.

These guns were designed to be built with stamped sheet metal parts and the consistency is terrible due to the nature of stamping.

TC215
05-08-2020, 07:07 PM
I saw today that GT Distributors is selling blue label 19M’s.

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-firearms/handguns/glockr-for-le-military/glock-19m-9mm-fbi-spec-pistol.html

Up1911Fan
05-08-2020, 07:21 PM

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-firearms/handguns/glockr-for-le-military/glock-19m-9mm-fbi-spec-pistol.html
Nice, not in my area, but maybe one of my state's BL dealers will get some.

HCM
05-08-2020, 07:34 PM

You are a very, very bad man....

TC215
05-08-2020, 07:37 PM
You are a very, very bad man....

I just sent it to one of my former investigators at my old agency who was assigned to the FBI As a full-time TFO. He ordered one immediately. You might as well too.

HCM
05-08-2020, 07:54 PM
I just sent it to one of my former investigators at my old agency who was assigned to the FBI As a full-time TFO. He ordered one immediately. You might as well too.

I'm supposed to be saving for glass and suppressors .... But I will order one.

EVP
05-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Do these have the nDLC coated internals or is this batch like the last that we’re they basically just had a M on them?

tlong17
05-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Do these have the nDLC coated internals or is this batch like the last that we’re they basically just had a M on them?

I can confirm that mine did not have the nDLC internals. It had the 19M on the slide, FBI standard extended mag release and extended slide stop (same as what is found on G34). The barrel also did not have the "M" but rather the same "5" the gen 5's have.

Also includes half moon cut on the front backstrap, no front serrations of course, and no breech face cut.

edit: It also includes the Agent Ameriglo sights with U shaped rear, orange pro-glo front sight. It cost essentially the same as a normal gen 5 with Glock BOLD Ameriglos installed from the factory.

TC215
05-09-2020, 09:36 AM

I can confirm that mine did not have the nDLC internals. It had the 19M on the slide, FBI standard extended mag release and extended slide stop (same as what is found on G34). The barrel also did not have the "M" but rather the same "5" the gen 5's have.

Also includes half moon cut on the front backstrap, no front serrations of course, and no breech face cut.

edit: It also includes the Agent Ameriglo sights with U shaped rear, orange pro-glo front sight. It cost essentially the same as a normal gen 5 with Glock BOLD Ameriglos installed from the factory.

I believe only the guns that go straight to the FBI have the nDLC parts.

My gov’t issued 19M came with regular Glock night sights, the standard slide stop, and Gen5 mag release.

Navin Johnson
05-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Since the real difference is the nDLC parts what would it cost to have a thousand sets of this parts coated (on a per set basis)?

Sorry don't know much about nDLC or similar coatings.

Grinchcop
05-12-2020, 02:31 PM
My blue label 19M from GT came with nDLC internals, standard Glock night sights and no "M" atop the barrel.5385453855

Cyberpunk1981
05-12-2020, 09:13 PM
What is the real difference between these pistols and my Gen 5 Glock 19? I see the internals and thats about it. Mine has the cutout on the frontstrap. From what it seems besides the extended controls there are no real differences on my pistol versus the 19M?

tlong17
05-12-2020, 09:17 PM
My blue label 19M from GT came with nDLC internals, standard Glock night sights and no "M" atop the barrel.

Nice! I'm glad you got one with the internals. I'm jealous.

WobblyPossum
05-12-2020, 11:01 PM
What is the real difference between these pistols and my Gen 5 Glock 19? I see the internals and thats about it. Mine has the cutout on the frontstrap. From what it seems besides the extended controls there are no real differences on my pistol versus the 19M?

The nDLC internals and the front strap cutout would be the benefits to getting one of these compared to a regular G19-5. However, these guns won't have the breechface cut or front cocking serrations that current G19-5 pistols have. My ideal G19 would have the slide of the current commercially available Gen 5 guns (breechface cut, FCS) with the frame of the early Gen 5 guns (front strap cutout and dust cover with the contour that matches the slide) and the nDLC coated internals.

JonInWA
05-13-2020, 10:31 AM
Given some of the flaking of the plating issues on the Gen5 triggerbar/connector that we've discussed previously, you'd think that Glock would be well advised simply go go full house across-the-board on the nDLC internal parts. If they expect to continue yammering about "Glock Perfection" that is; otherwise they might want to modify their mantra to "Glock Selective Perfection..."

Even with a slight price increase, I think that this would be a very worthwhile move, and would effectively address the one primary weakness of the Gen5s that's cropped up.

Best, Jon

GJM
05-13-2020, 10:45 AM
Given some of the flaking of the plating issues on the Gen5 triggerbar/connector that we've discussed previously, you'd think that Glock would be well advised simply go go full house across-the-board on the nDLC internal parts. If they expect to continue yammering about "Glock Perfection" that is; otherwise they might want to modify their mantra to "Glock Selective Perfection..."

Even with a slight price increase, I think that this would be a very worthwhile move, and would effectively address the one primary weakness of the Gen5s that's cropped up.

Best, Jon

It is interesting, because while I recall discussion of this in years past, I haven’t heard much about the plating issue lately?

To evaluate the advisability of coating the trigger parts as standard procedure, we would need to know the failure rate of non coated parts, the cost of coating the parts, the reject rate on applying the coating, and then the failure rate on the coated parts. I thought I heard that the main customer that originally had the parts coated, discontinued it.

JonInWA
05-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Critical points from my point of view (and my wallet's):

1. Is there still a problem with Gen5 internal component finish flaking?

2. If there's either not a problem, or if Glock has reverted to the original finsh (or non-finish) that was on the Gen 3 and Gen4 guns, is there a derivitive benefit of value inherent to nDLC (i.e., smoother trigger, longer component life)?

3. What would the price increase be per gun? (I could care less about "reject rate"-that's Glock's/their OEM vendor's problem, and I assume that there's adequate QC on the finished product during manufacturing and assembly to preclude aftermarket issues, and that the pricing incorporates the cost of their manufacturing processes)

4. Is the nDLC a lifetime application, or what is its expected/forecasted wear life/replacement time?

5. I'd also like to see a defined and side-by-side comparison between nDLC and non-nDLC components/guns-and a similar performance comparison and evaluation.

Best, Jon