PDA

View Full Version : Good cheap fun! Ruger Wrangler.

P.E. Kelley
10-31-2019, 03:05 PM
I really had a great time "playing" with this rimfire cowboy gun!

https://youtu.be/E9F-108aeHY

JHC
10-31-2019, 05:51 PM
I really had a great time "playing" with this rimfire cowboy gun!

https://youtu.be/E9F-108aeHY

Love this! Low barrier of entry to finally try and get handy with this brand of old school.

OlongJohnson
10-31-2019, 06:51 PM
You're going to finally make me get that Single Six/Ten.

farscott
11-01-2019, 06:30 AM
You're going to finally make me get that Single Six/Ten.

I have both the Wrangler and a Single-Six. If the almost double the cost does not bother you, the Single-Six or Single-Ten is worth the investment. My Wrangler has the hard-to-open loading gate, and the grip frame is basically Cerakote over zinc alloy. The sights on the Single-Six guns are better.

Nick B
11-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Just this month I bought a stainless Single Ten with the 4 5/8” barrel . Really enjoy it and single actions are just plain fun .

OlongJohnson
11-01-2019, 06:42 AM
I have both the Wrangler and a Single-Six. If the almost double the cost does not bother you, the Single-Six or Single-Ten is worth the investment.

I’m firmly in the buy once-cry once camp when it comes to guns and other highly durable equipment.

Lester Polfus
11-01-2019, 01:09 PM
I’m firmly in the buy once-cry once camp when it comes to guns and other highly durable equipment.

Nothing wrong with the Wrangler. I hope Ruger sells a million of them and people have tons of fun shooting them, including youth and brand new shooters. I almost bought one, then realized I'd always wish it was a Single Six with adjustable sights, so I'd wind up spending $220 or so on a Wrangler, and then $550 or so on a Single Six, and it would cost me more money in the long run.

OlongJohnson
11-01-2019, 01:19 PM
I agree with all your points. Except I've seen Wranglers advertised for ~$170 with free shipping. But that violates the pre-money-down inspection strategy, so I won't argue too much.

BillSWPA
11-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Patrick’s results seem to answer my questions in the other Wrangler thread re: sights. I am not really into single action revolvers but this may be too good to pass up as a range toy and teaching tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jandbj
11-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Patrick’s results seem to answer my questions in the other Wrangler thread re: sights. I am not really into single action revolvers but this may be too good to pass up as a range toy and teaching tool.

I’m trying to resist, until they make an adjustable sighted model.

willie
11-02-2019, 10:44 AM
I bought a Wrangler for $179 plus tax from my lgs. Grip frame, which is subjected to minimum stress, is a higher grade pot metal; frame itself is machined from cast aluminum; and barrel and cylinder are steel. Bore is tool mark free. Trigger pull is very good. Timing is correct. Mine shoots a tad low and slightly to the left. I can't see so don't take my word for it. This revolver is the best deal I ever have seen on a factory new handgun.

TheNewbie
11-03-2019, 12:12 AM
P.E. Kelley can make shooting a KelTec PF9 look fun. This really looks fun.

peterb
11-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Any suggestions on a decent holster that fits the “cowboy on a budget” theme? I’m thinking casual range/plinking/cowboy action type stuff, not everyday working gear.

Duelist
11-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Any suggestions on a decent holster that fits the “cowboy on a budget” theme? I’m thinking casual range/plinking/cowboy action type stuff, not everyday working gear.

Tandy Leather kit.

willie
11-03-2019, 02:02 PM

Ruger's factory store lists a slim jim leather holster for the Wrangler.

KPD
11-03-2019, 04:16 PM
I have read and heard so many good things about the Wrangler I have decided it will be my Granddaughter’s first handgun. I have seen some nice looking kid size gunbelt and holster rigs for about the same price as the gun also.

Hopefully Santa can make both those happen for her this Christmas!