PDA

View Full Version : Cat Shit One

awp_101
10-25-2019, 09:42 PM
A little something along the lines of Peter Rabbit, Tank Killer (https://laststandonzombieisland.com/2014/04/20/happy-easter-heres-a-tale-for-the-whole-family/). I present you with...this.

https://youtu.be/SrJk1qmthd4

I really don't know much about it. Apparently this was based on a graphic novel that was originally set during Vietnam and it was updated to put the characters somewhere in the Middle East.

wvincent
10-25-2019, 09:50 PM
You know Packy is classy cause he has an STI 2011

JAD
10-25-2019, 10:24 PM
Fun fact, which used to be a manga geek challenge coin but is now on Wikipedia, is that Packy is a rabbit because he’s American. The Japanese word for rabbit, usagi, can also be read U.S.A.G.I.

Bigguy
10-25-2019, 11:24 PM
OK, Complete civilian here so no implied inside knowledge. But why are guys pretty obviously U.S. Special forces being backed up by a Mil MI-24?

JRB
10-26-2019, 12:06 AM
OK, Complete civilian here so no implied inside knowledge. But why are guys pretty obviously U.S. Special forces being backed up by a Mil MI-24?

Because Japan.

They are surprisingly detailed on technical stuff like firearms, but they don't let silly things like pragmatic reality dictate what hardware ends up working on a given side.

Besides, Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series involved privateer Americans that kill werewolves and vampires and stuff with air support from a Hind, that was flown by an Ork from Kazakhstan. Make no mistake - that is a damn good series, and I wish Hollywood would make a freaking movie series out of it.

Totem Polar
10-26-2019, 01:02 AM
Make no mistake - that is a damn good series, and I wish Hollywood would make a freaking movie series out of it.

It is a damn good series, but Hollywood would fuck it up; Hollywood could fuck up a wet dream.

Probably cast Tom Cruise as Owen Z Pitt...

JRB
10-26-2019, 01:50 AM
It is a damn good series, but Hollywood would fuck it up; Hollywood could fuck up a wet dream.

That's precisely why it won't happen - Mr. Correia would never give them enough creative control to fuck it up like that.

Choosing a good cast for a Monster Hunters movie will be a great way to pass some time out here, though!

Greg
10-26-2019, 06:33 AM
I like them using the Hind as the attack chopper.

Hollywood would inject so much insipid faggotry into a Monster Hunter series it’s better left out of their hands.

jetfire
10-26-2019, 06:38 AM
That's precisely why it won't happen - Mr. Correia would never give them enough creative control to fuck it up like that.

Fuck that, I hope they offer Larry a hojillion dollars for the rights and he rides off into the sunset on a tiger made out of cocaine

sparkyv
10-26-2019, 06:50 AM
A little something along the lines of Peter Rabbit, Tank Killer (https://laststandonzombieisland.com/2014/04/20/happy-easter-heres-a-tale-for-the-whole-family/). I present you with...this.

https://youtu.be/SrJk1qmthd4

I really don't know much about it. Apparently this was based on a graphic novel that was originally set during Vietnam and it was updated to put the characters somewhere in the Middle East.

Where can I find the rest of the series? This was pretty cool! :cool:

Hambo
10-26-2019, 07:46 AM
That little fucker did a solid transition drill.

awp_101
10-26-2019, 09:07 AM
But why are guys pretty obviously U.S. Special forces being backed up by a Mil MI-24?
I think the implication is they’re contractors so the support would be whatever the employer provided or they’re very black ops and it would be whatever the government wanted to use to provide deniability.

The question I had was why send 2 guys out on a hostage rescue and not have the exfil asset closer than 15 minutes away by air?

Where can I find the rest of the series? This was pretty cool! :cool:
I don’t know. It came up yesterday on a blog I follow (Last Stand on Zombie Island (https://laststandonzombieisland.com/)) but I couldn’t find any more episodes when I dug around last night.

JAD
10-26-2019, 09:07 AM
That’s it, man. One little pilot. It is like a William Carlos Williams plum.

txdpd
10-26-2019, 04:11 PM

It’s Polish. I know they dumped a bunch of old MI24 in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I don’t know if any flew in combat.

What really bothers me is that the bunnies aren’t wearing their ear pro on their ears.

CWM11B
10-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Glad to see this making the rounds again. Haven't seen it in a long time, rewatched today. Pretty cool

rd62
10-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Glad to see this making the rounds again. Haven't seen it in a long time, rewatched today. Pretty cool

Yeah, I first saw this on M4Carbine.net or Lightfighter or somewhere like that several years ago. It was cool then and now. Thanks to the OP for reposting!

P.S. Packey's SR-47 is pretty badass too

MistWolf
10-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Monster Hunter International will never be picked up by Hollywood because Larry Correia wrote the series as a gleeful sharp jab in the eye of the Social Justice Juggernaut.

If you check out the cover of Target Rich Environment you'll see that they used Larry's face for the armored maniac leaping into the fray. The 308 LMT held in one hand and the cudgel held in the other are both renditions of Larry's personally owned weapons. Larry and his wife both appear on the cover of Target Rich Environment II.

Fun Fact: Larry is a tall and large man who worked as an accountant.

The original mission of Cat Shit One was to fix the location of the hostages and call it in to the awaiting extraction team. But they took action when it became apparent the hostages didn't have long to live.

RevolverRob
10-26-2019, 06:41 PM

If that came down the pipeline - there would have to be a literal covert mission to remove Tom Cruise from the Earth to prevent it.

While not quite as big as Owen is portrayed to be, we can't argue with his shotgun skills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJhlVgr9lM

Malamute
10-26-2019, 06:55 PM
Lawdog posted Cat Shit One several years ago. The original link died, I found another one, then it died, good to see its still alive somewhere. Good stuff!

I though Dwayne Johnson or Jason Momoa would work for Owen.

More bunny action...Ive watched several movie shorts here that I wouldnt otherwise have watched, but when they can wrap it up in 30 seconds, its not too bad, and often hilarious.

http://www.angryalien.com/

txdpd
10-26-2019, 08:28 PM
It’s Polish. I know they dumped a bunch of old MI24 in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I don’t know if any flew in combat.

What really bothers me is that the bunnies aren’t wearing their ear pro on their ears.

If you had paid attention to the video you would have seen that there were no markings on the Hind and that the Polish Hind is a stock photo from google. Back to square one on why a Hind was picking up rabbits in the desert.

Drang
10-27-2019, 12:01 AM

Because they're not US SOF, they're "contractors."

Drang
10-27-2019, 12:07 AM
Lawdog posted Cat Shit One several years ago. The original link died, I found another one, then it died, good to see its still alive somewhere. Good stuff!

I though Dwayne Johnson or Jason Momoa would work for Owen.
I always figured The Rock, Larry would probably be cool with that, too. Maaaaaaybe Adam Baldwin, but I figure Dwayne has the racial background to pull Z off.
Plus they align pretty well with Larry, politically.

Bigguy
10-27-2019, 12:39 AM
Because they're not US SOF, they're "contractors."
Gotcha. That's something us State Side supporters don't always get. God bless hose men. (or rabbits.)

jetfire
10-27-2019, 02:36 AM
Monster Hunter International will never be picked up by Hollywood because Larry Correia wrote the series as a gleeful sharp jab in the eye of the Social Justice Juggernaut.

Lol what

Robinson
10-27-2019, 10:01 AM

Yeah I couldn't find it online for the longest time and then just recently it showed up again. It's awesome.

Hambo
10-27-2019, 10:07 AM
The question I had was why send 2 guys out on a hostage rescue and not have the exfil asset closer than 15 minutes away by air?

Rabbits aren't the best planners.

Robinson
10-27-2019, 10:08 AM

Larry Correia wrote the series to make money and because he's awesome. Pissing off the Social Justice crowd is usually something he leaves to his blog, and it happens mostly as a result of them attacking him first.

And I believe someone already has (or had at one time) the rights to MHI for cinema or TV -- but nothing has ever happened with it. It would be technically demanding and expensive to do it right, and the director and cast would have to be the right people.

I've often thought how great an action thriller his book Dead Six (with Mike Kupari) would make, but the challenges would be the same in that case. Too demanding and expensive to really do it justice.

RevolverRob
10-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Lol what

Hugo Awards controversy.

No one in Hollywood cares about Hugos or Larry Correia for that matter. They just see dollar signs to make a good movie.

The trouble is, MHI is kind of a B-Movie, cult classic, sort of thing. It would need excellent directing and casting, and a very thorough scripting re-write to get made into a movie as it comes from the book(s).

Also, I don't guess it's common knowledge, but Larry sold the TV rights to MHI years ago now. I don't know if he sold the movie rights then too, but the TV rights are certainly sold. Nothing has come of it, and I doubt anything will. MHI is one of those series that could make a fun set of crappy SyFy Channel movies, but wouldn't do well as a big-budget Hollywood flick.

I also don't know how you would translate all of the characters onto the screen. At the end of the day characters like Tripp, Holly, and even Julie would end up cut from the story line in many respects as Owen, Earl, and Franks dominate the action against the bad guys. I dunno how you make ghosts in Owen's head and Nazi Vampires detailed in many pages of the first book into 20-45 second introductory snippets that help build a cohesive storyline in a 120-minute film.

That's the thing, MHI is a great series of books where one or a few chapters can almost stand-alone as serials, but that's not what a movie is, a movie is, more or less, a start-to-finish story. And I think it would be very hard to make this series in this way. The only comparisons are epics like Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones - it took what - 4 decades for them to make LOTR as movies? And Game of Thrones sucked in the end, because the books weren't finished and therefore the story was incomplete.

jetfire
10-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Hugo Awards controversy.

I should have been clear, I know about the Hugo Awards and Sad Puppies and all of that. I was saying "lol what" at the completely pants-on-head idiotic notion that Larry wrote the MHI books to, what was it, "jab at the SJWs" or something. Especially since he wrote the first book in 2008, before anyone had ever heard of a social justice warrior.

Anyway, I was talking to Larry about this very post today via the magic of the internetwebs, and he mentioned that the film/TV rights for MHI have been optioned by a studio but it's stuck in development hell.

MistWolf
10-27-2019, 07:33 PM
...I was saying "lol what" at the completely pants-on-head idiotic notion that Larry wrote the MHI books to, what was it, "jab at the SJWs" or something. Especially since he wrote the first book in 2008, before anyone had ever heard of a social justice warrior...
There are a few themes running through Larry's stories that are clearly jabs at the SJW culture- Owen's disdain for his hippy parents and his mother's support for monster's rights being a couple of the most obvious. Besides, my statement was a snide poke at the Hollywood Political Clique, not hard fact.

(I'd heard the term "Social Justice Warrior" long before 2008.)

Yes, Larry writes for money and he should. When asked what's the one rule he doesn't break, he said "I always get paid."

Joe in PNG
10-27-2019, 10:38 PM
There are a few themes running through Larry's stories that are clearly jabs at the SJW culture- Owen's disdain for his hippy parents and his mother's support for monster's rights being a couple of the most obvious. Besides, my statement was a snide poke at the Hollywood Political Clique, not hard fact.

(I'd heard the term "Social Justice Warrior" long before 2008.)

Yes, Larry writes for money and he should. When asked what's the one rule he doesn't break, he said "I always get paid."

You're thinking of Chad- he's the one with the hippie parents.

Owen's the one with the mom from Southern Europe, and a dad who was hardcore SF in Vietnam (and named him after his Owen gun).

Joe in PNG
10-27-2019, 10:44 PM
In regards to "development hell", it's not unknown for the rights to a property to be purchased because someone is working up a similar property, and doesn't want something similar hitting the screen at the same time.

Darth_Uno
10-28-2019, 02:50 AM
I always pictured Owen looking like the wrestler Big Show, who kinda looks like an even bigger version of Larry. Wouldn’t work in the movies, but once I cast a character in my mind that’s how it is for every book after that.

And Agent Franks is Vinnie Jones.

JRB
10-28-2019, 06:27 AM
I always pictured Owen looking like the wrestler Big Show, who kinda looks like an even bigger version of Larry. Wouldn’t work in the movies, but once I cast a character in my mind that’s how it is for every book after that.

And Agent Franks is Vinnie Jones.

I feel like Mickey Rourke would do a solid job as Franks.

But who for Earl Harbinger? Jeff Bridges? Sam Elliott? Nick Searcy?

MistWolf
10-28-2019, 06:59 AM
You're thinking of Chad- he's the one with the hippie parents.

Owen's the one with the mom from Southern Europe, and a dad who was hardcore SF in Vietnam (and named him after his Owen gun).

You're right. I got that mixed up.

I like Larry's stories. His best writing so far, is the Sons Of The Black Sword series. I'm impatiently waiting for the next book to come out.